in Ranger

Posted by: Nautika.5376

Nautika.5376

I am curious as it makes no sense.

Why doesThief ranged kick our ranged?

in Ranger

Posted by: Agadar.4931

Agadar.4931

Because we have a second character which can also deal damage.

Too bad it’s got kitten AI.

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Because Anet does a poor job of class/skill balance. Always have and always will. They are starting to encroach on Blizzard levels though to be honest.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

Er. How do you define “kick our ranged”?

Ranger Shortbow does more single-target dps than Thief Shortbow, and can daze. (Without pets)

Thief shortbow does more AoE damage than Ranger Shortbow (and has to be in pretty close range if you want to “spam” #2), and has infiltrator arrow.

Some very quick tests in the Mists on a heavy golem.

Both chars have no traits, no gear.

Thief Shortbow, spamming #1/#2 (at 900 range): 40.9s
Ranger Shortbow, spamming #1 (Attack from front, without pet): 45.7s
Ranger Shortbow, spamming #1 (Attack from back, without pet): 25.6s
Ranger Shortbow, spamming #1 (Attack from front, with devourer pet): 22.4s

(edited by Ursan.7846)

in Ranger

Posted by: Criminal.5627

Criminal.5627

its also cause thief ranged abilities have very high crit dmg, and they are spamable were as rangers are slower to hit and are no where near that high of crit potential, also pets need to be on them for us to be able to deal our maximal potential dmg and they would have to be melee pets at that, ranged pets are gimped in comparison and deall signeficantly less dmg than melee pets

Giant spiders of the world are just misunderstood creatures, they love to snuggle too.

in Ranger

Posted by: capuchinseven.8395

capuchinseven.8395

Whenever a thief tries to range me I laugh athe them with my Whirling Defence and then kill them. Thinking about it I kill most of them when they try and melee as well.

The bravest animal in the land is Captain Beaky and his band.

in Ranger

Posted by: Criminal.5627

Criminal.5627

Whenever a thief tries to range me I laugh athe them with my Whirling Defence and then kill them. Thinking about it I kill most of them when they try and melee as well.

this thread is about range vs range though that does not fall under the catagory of range WD is at your location

Giant spiders of the world are just misunderstood creatures, they love to snuggle too.

in Ranger

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

ranger SB is way better due to the massive utility it gives you (cripple, evade, stun). in duels anyway.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

in Ranger

capuchinseven.8395

this thread is about range vs range though that does not fall under the catagory of range WD is at your location

Dude, if you can’t beat a ranged thief at range with a ranger then the player is doing something wrong and the fault is with them, not the ranger.

(edited by capuchinseven.8395)

in Ranger

Posted by: Longtomsilver.8031

Longtomsilver.8031

Most annoying:
Thief sb fires homingmissiles, no one can avoid them by moving left and right like someone can do it with sb arrows comming from a ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: Avandor.5743

Avandor.5743

Its a L2P issue… thiefs that go range vs a decent ranger will die, period !

80 Human Druid of Piken
Stomp for PĂ­ken [PS]

in Ranger

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Ranger Shortbow does more single-target dps than Thief Shortbow, and can daze. (Without pets)

Thief shortbow does more AoE damage than Ranger Shortbow (and has to be in pretty close range if you want to “spam” #2), and has infiltrator arrow.

Some very quick tests in the Mists on a heavy golem.

Both chars have no traits, no gear.

Thief Shortbow, spamming #1/#2 (at 900 range): 40.9s
Ranger Shortbow, spamming #1 (Attack from front, without pet): 45.7s
Ranger Shortbow, spamming #1 (Attack from back, without pet): 25.6s
Ranger Shortbow, spamming #1 (Attack from front, with devourer pet): 22.4s

I think you just proved that thief SB kicks R-SB butt. Remember that according to your calculations the thief SB would take 40.9sec kill to three heavy golems at once….

in Ranger

Yasha.5963

ranger SB is way better due to the massive utility it gives you (cripple, evade, stun). in duels anyway.

The thief SB has no spamable cripple and evade anymore? Was there a stealth nerf? Did it also lose its utility to teleport, effectively saving you from any immobolize?

in Ranger

Posted by: SwickHobo.5096

SwickHobo.5096

Sadly that’s not true at all.

Ranger Shortbow:
1: Great single target DPS if attacking from behind
2: A Weak poison attack that can stack a fair duration of poison
3: A Evade with a built in cripple and swiftness for some decent mobility
4: A Bleed/Cripple
5: A Nice interrupt

Thief Shortbow:
1: Average single target DPS or Higher DPS if 2+ targets are present
2: A Spammable Blast finisher with high dmg and bleeds with low trajectory
3: A evade with a built in cripple
4: A poison combo field that can stack poison forever in PvE
5: Best single mobility skill in the game (arguably)

So they both have a situational auto attack that are good in different circumstances

They both have a good way to stack a lot of poison, while the thief gets a combo field while doing so

They both have an evade/cripple attack

They both have a utility skill that provides bleeds, thieves has more bleeds or a blast finisher, while the ranger gets a cripple, which they already have access too

Thieves have superior mobility, rangers get an interrupt we’ll call this one a rub.

If you compare the two directly the thief SB wins out in almost every way.

in Ranger

Yasha.5963

Sadly that’s not true at all.

Ranger Shortbow:
1: Great single target DPS if attacking from behind
2: A Weak poison attack that can stack a fair duration of poison
3: A Evade with a built in cripple and swiftness for some decent mobility
4: A Bleed/Cripple
5: A Nice interrupt

Thief Shortbow:
1: Average single target DPS or Higher DPS if 2+ targets are present
2: A Spammable Blast finisher with high dmg and bleeds with low trajectory
3: A evade with a built in cripple
4: A poison combo field that can stack poison forever in PvE
5: Best single mobility skill in the game (arguably)

So they both have a situational auto attack that are good in different circumstances

They both have a good way to stack a lot of poison, while the thief gets a combo field while doing so

They both have an evade/cripple attack

They both have a utility skill that provides bleeds, thieves has more bleeds or a blast finisher, while the ranger gets a cripple, which they already have access too

Thieves have superior mobility, rangers get an interrupt we’ll call this one a rub.

If you compare the two directly the thief SB wins out in almost every way.

I agree with your conclusion but note that Ranger’s SB evade does not have cripple and the thief bow skills can be spammed (no CD).

in Ranger

Yasha.5963

One more thing I have to say about this SB comparision. The thief has amazing synergy with SB and a secondary weapon. A couple of SB1 and 2 to soften you up then change weapons, teleport to instantly close the gap, mug traited for stealth, backstab, and HS. A huge burst combo executed almost instantly from range.

Ranger’s weapons on the other hand tend to synergize more with their pet.

in Ranger

Posted by: Rocklin.4106

Rocklin.4106

another one who didnt realize yet that WD reflects projectiles …

seriously just reflect ONE unload from a thief to turn the fight instantly into a win, and unlike thieves daggerstorm our reflect skill doesnt have 90 sec cd.

in Ranger

Posted by: Arekai.5698

Arekai.5698

Because they can’t balance this game for kitten.
Warrior and Thief both have better ranged combat, 2 total melee classes.

in Ranger

capuchinseven.8395

Because they can’t balance this game for kitten.
Warrior and Thief both have better ranged combat, 2 total melee classes.

If you can’t beat a ranged warrior or thief at range with a ranger then you need to roll a different class because the problem is with you, not the class.

in Ranger

Longtomsilver.8031

seriously just reflect ONE unload from a thief to turn the fight instantly into a win, and unlike thieves daggerstorm our reflect skill doesnt have 90 sec cd.

So you switch weapons to offhandax and doing what after wd? maybe dancing till the cd for the next weaponswitch is over?

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

So you switch weapons to offhandax and doing what after wd? maybe dancing till the cd for the next weaponswitch is over?

Not to mention most don’t use axe off hand in favor of dagger or horn…

Pretty sure any class going up against a ranger with axe axe is sitting there grinning waiting for their free badges after they stop spinning.

in Ranger

Posted by: Rocklin.4106

Rocklin.4106

Pretty sure any class going up against a ranger with axe axe is sitting there grinning waiting for their free badges after they stop spinning.

oh your totally right, its not like wd already uses up half of the weapon swap cd by itself, and leaves you with a maximum of 5 seconds before you can swap again, barely enough to use all other main and offhand weapon skills once. But hey, once you swapped to a weaponset with axe oh your done because obviously you wont be able to change back and there is no way that you could dodge once or twice so the enemy wont be able to nuke you in those 5 seconds left …

not sure if your trolling, or actually ever used an axe offhand or you just want to rant about rangers in general.

in Ranger

capuchinseven.8395

There is no class I fear as a sword/axe and short bow ranger with my slightly off norm build. My survivbility is very high and my damage remains good without any loss in my survivbility using my pet properly and +damage traits and runes.

in Ranger

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

in addition, it is likely thief SB iwill be nerfed into uselessness with upcoming aoe fix

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

in Ranger

Longtomsilver.8031

There is no class I fear as a sword/axe and short bow ranger with my slightly off norm build. My survivbility is very high and my damage remains good without any loss in my survivbility using my pet properly and +damage traits and runes.

That’s far away from the topic
but, if i take your advice serious then a ranger have to switch to offhandaxe to be better with his shortbow than a thief?

in Ranger

Ursan.7846

I think you just proved that thief SB kicks R-SB butt. Remember that according to your calculations the thief SB would take 40.9sec kill to three heavy golems at once….

So if your definition of “kick butt” is “does more AoE” damage, certainly…

But in many cases where there’s only a single target (i.e. dungeon bosses) any Ranger who’s not lazy and positions him/herself correctly will far out damage a Thief with a shortbow. And this is assuming without a pet. For all of this subforum’s consternation about dead pets in dungeons, it’s still alive for a good chunk of time.

in Ranger

Posted by: NargofWoV.4267

NargofWoV.4267

Oh simple, WE have a pet, they do not. We get to add pet damage to our overall dps, they do not.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

in Ranger

Yasha.5963

So if your definition of “kick butt” is “does more AoE” damage, certainly…

But in many cases where there’s only a single target (i.e. dungeon bosses) any Ranger who’s not lazy and positions him/herself correctly will far out damage a Thief with a shortbow. And this is assuming without a pet. For all of this subforum’s consternation about dead pets in dungeons, it’s still alive for a good chunk of time.

I know not about pve- in spvp thief SB does more direct damage, hits more reliably and can spam a powerful aoe blast. I can reliably do 9-12K-plus damage in spvp spamming SB 2 three times on a thief. That is a aoe but is is also more powerful single target damage than ranger SB. Even the auto attack hits like a truck and if there are only 2 targets one of them gets hit twice-ouch.

in Ranger

Posted by: faeral.7120

faeral.7120

in pvp you are usually comparing a glass power thief to a condi trap ranger.

of course the thief will do more power dmg, it’s what he’s specced for. it’s like complaining that a power thief’s bleeds can’t compare with traps.

if you want to test actual ranged power numbers, run 20/25/20/0/5 with berserkers & QZ. you say thief can do 12k with 3 shortbow attacks, ranger can do 12k with 1 longbow attack that tracks stealth & pierces targets. full power barrage is 1.2k crits on light armor ( ranger equiv of a power well ). and shortbow isn’t as bursty but very high pressure in a power spec.

while line aoe isn’t quite as strong as true aoe, it is still quite strong in teamfights & against bodyblock classes ( thieves guild, mesmer, ranger, necro ).

icing on the cake is that yes, pets are ranged dps. if you really want to compare ranged power dmg, ranger can win easily. but thief has stronger utility.

in Ranger

Longtomsilver.8031

if you want to test actual ranged power numbers, run 20/25/20/0/5 with berserkers & QZ.

No build can compensate the difference in targettracking Arrows from the Thief SB.

If a ranger shot arrows on a left and right sidemoving target on a distance of 700+ then all his arrows will miss, the Arrows from a Thief SB follow the target and will never miss.

Edit:
I think Arrows from a Thief SB are not calculated like the Arrows form Ranger SB, it’s more like the Ranger Mainhand Axe or the 2Handstaff Spells from an Ele.

(edited by Longtomsilver.8031)

in Ranger

Posted by: Silvanus.5821

Silvanus.5821

ranger can do 12k with 1 longbow attack.

Ehh, no rangers can’t do 12k with 1 longbow attack. Rapid fire is a lot of attacks together (The number you see on the screen is the sum of the damage from all those attacks).

in Ranger

capuchinseven.8395

That’s far away from the topic
but, if i take your advice serious then a ranger have to switch to offhandaxe to be better with his shortbow than a thief?

I also currently run GS and SB, so no.

Ranger and thief is like chalk and cheese, ranger can maintain high damage while using a survival build and thief’s can maintain survivability through stealth while using a glass cannon build and they do it in totally different ways, simply saying “omg every class is better at range than us” shows a player up as a bad ranger.

It doesn’t matter how much better you think a thief is at range, the only thief that can kill me is one that outputs its burst during culling. The ones that try and range me are just lol funny, and don’t get me started on Dagger Storm thieves when I’m running my off hand axe. They either kill themselves, or you totally null their long cooldown, so called “OP”, elite.

in Ranger

Yasha.5963

of course the thief will do more power dmg, it’s what he’s specced for. it’s like complaining that a power thief’s bleeds can’t compare with traps.

if you want to test actual ranged power numbers, run 20/25/20/0/5 with berserkers & QZ. you say thief can do 12k with 3 shortbow attacks, ranger can do 12k with 1 longbow attack that tracks stealth & pierces targets. full power barrage is 1.2k crits on light armor ( ranger equiv of a power well ). and shortbow isn’t as bursty but very high pressure in a power spec.

while line aoe isn’t quite as strong as true aoe, it is still quite strong in teamfights & against bodyblock classes ( thieves guild, mesmer, ranger, necro ).

icing on the cake is that yes, pets are ranged dps. if you really want to compare ranged power dmg, ranger can win easily. but thief has stronger utility.

No I am comparing glass canon to glass canon. QZ is a CD, thief doesn’t need to blow a CD or use a special class mechanic (traited BM) to do good damage from range. In fact, if my thief is pure class canon he will do more than the 9-12k damage I mentioned, and have much, much more survivability than a glass canon ranger. Note that thief also has a quickness CD and that rapid fire burst is pretty easy to avoid and has a CD. Also note that shortbow 1 with QZ does just as much or more damage than long-bow. Indeed lb is probably the worst ranger weapon imo.

in Ranger

capuchinseven.8395

No I am comparing glass canon to glass canon. QZ is a CD, thief doesn’t need to blow a CD or use a special class mechanic (traited BM) to do good damage from range. In fact, if my thief is pure class canon he will do more than the 9-12k damage I mentioned, and have much, much more survivability than a glass canon ranger. Note that thief also has a quickness CD and that rapid fire burst is pretty easy to avoid and has a CD. Also note that shortbow 1 with QZ does just as much or more damage than long-bow. Indeed lb is probably the worst ranger weapon imo.

Please note that if you don’t like it, go play your thief or roll a warrior. Honestly, that is the answer to just about all the whines we have to put up with here on this forum.

I’ll carry on killing thieves and warriors.

in Ranger

Ursan.7846

I know not about pve- in spvp thief SB does more direct damage, hits more reliably and can spam a powerful aoe blast. I can reliably do 9-12K-plus damage in spvp spamming SB 2 three times on a thief. That is a aoe but is is also more powerful single target damage than ranger SB. Even the auto attack hits like a truck and if there are only 2 targets one of them gets hit twice-ouch.

The only way you’re “spamming” SB 2 three times in rapid succession is if you’re practically in melee range with your opponent, because you can’t cast #2 until it hits. If you’re in any range, it will have quite a significant flight time, in which time your opponent has plenty of time to move out.

If you’re in melee range, why are you using a Shortbow in the first place? Heck why are you wasting your initiative on Shortbow #2, and not on better things? (Heartseeker, CnD)?

Also even in PvP, in a 1v1 I will take a Ranger with a Shortbow over a Thief with a Shortbow aaaaaaaaaanyday of the week. Don’t forget, Crossfire has twice the firing rate as Thief #1 has.

in Ranger

Posted by: renmei.3102

renmei.3102

The thief’s clusterbomb has a sloooow arc, seems slower than the engi’s grenade flight time. That and the slower firing rate are the only things weaker than the ranger’s SB. I am so envious of their bouncing auto attack and their placeable poison combo field. Give those to us and I would have no complaints about the ranger sb.

in Ranger

Yasha.5963

The only way you’re “spamming” SB 2 three times in rapid succession is if you’re practically in melee range with your opponent, because you can’t cast #2 until it hits. If you’re in any range, it will have quite a significant flight time, in which time your opponent has plenty of time to move out.

If you’re in melee range, why are you using a Shortbow in the first place? Heck why are you wasting your initiative on Shortbow #2, and not on better things? (Heartseeker, CnD)?

Also even in PvP, in a 1v1 I will take a Ranger with a Shortbow over a Thief with a Shortbow aaaaaaaaaanyday of the week. Don’t forget, Crossfire has twice the firing rate as Thief #1 has.

The question was “why does thief ranged kick our ranged?”

The simple answer is because it hits for more, hits more reliably, against a ranger will often double hit due to pet, has a devistating aoe attack, an amazing aoe debuff/field, a teleport that works even if immobilized, and a spammable cripple and evade.

The ranger sb has a daze/stun on a long cd, that is its only advantage.

Your claim that the ranger sb 2x faster is unfounded. It is faster but not 2x faster.

Think of times you use ranged- kiting and bombing a point are two prime examples. With teleport and a cripple+evade (which is usable a few times in a row) thief sb beats ranger sb at kiting. With the hard hitting auto attack that also hits 3 people, and far more powerful aoe, the thief sb again is better than ranger sb.

Regarding your boast “even in PvP, in a 1v1 I will take a Ranger with a Shortbow over a Thief with a Shortbow aaaaaaaaaanyday of the week”.

Well first, I am only talking pvp, don’t know about pve.

Second in this imaginary 1vs1 situation between a power ranger and power thief the thief will just stealth-mug- C&D-backstab and kill you in one shot. Doesn’t have to be in melee range.

The thief sb is better for what ranged is used for, the ranger has comparatively subpar choices for both ranged and melee.

Oh and about the clusterbomb spam- yes you have to wait a little-but what is the cd on the ranger LB aoe again? And while I’m waiting there is time for 2 auto attacks hitting up to 3 people for 1000+ damage each before the next 3-5K aoe rains hell down on them again.

in Ranger

Ursan.7846

The simple answer is because it hits for more, hits more reliably, against a ranger will often double hit due to pet, has a devistating aoe attack, an amazing aoe debuff/field, a teleport that works even if immobilized, and a spammable cripple and evade.

I think you missed out on my entire point. The answer isn’t simple, because there’s certain situations in which Ranger Shortbow will be superior to Thief Shortbow. (Dungeon bosses, anyone?).

Which is okay. Thief Shortbow wasn’t designed for single-target damage. It’s designed for aoe/utility in mind. So it does those things better than the Ranger SB.

But then Ranger Shortbow does more damage against a single target. Period. So then you’ll have many situations in the game where you’re fighting one monster, in which the Ranger Shortbow is superior to the Thief Shortbow. The answer isn’t so simple anymore, no?

Your claim that the ranger sb 2x faster is unfounded. It is faster but not 2x faster.

Should time it. Ranger Shortbow fires at around 1.93 shots/s, and thief Shortbow 1 shoots at about 1 shot/s. 1.93 times. Test it yourself.

Well first, I am only talking pvp, don’t know about pve. .

Didn’t realize this was a PvP only post. I’m pretty sure it isn’t. I’d however argue that Ranger Shortbow is far superior in 1v1 fights than Thief Shortbow, but we’ll be doing lots of theorycrafting at that point and it will be pointless.

in Ranger

Posted by: urek mazino.4026

urek mazino.4026

Please note that if you don’t like it, go play your thief or roll a warrior. Honestly, that is the answer to just about all the whines we have to put up with here on this forum.

I’ll carry on killing thieves and warriors.

I’m usually fine against warriors, but against thieves i have alot of trouble, good thieves that is
Perhaps i should look into the BM build that alot of people recommend in this forum

Lo Po – Ranger – Sanctum of Rall

in Ranger

Posted by: Drakent.9605

Drakent.9605

any 1 who thinks that ranger is weaker on range attack then any other class need to reroll b/c they just dont know how to play ranger. ranger has no dps or survival issue only the person who is playing it. I have a lvl 80 thf ,guardian,necro,eng and ranger and i can tell you none of this class are better then other they all have there weakness and strenght and i have kill all classes on pvp with my ranger.

also to does idiot’s who dont know that thf rigth now has the upper hand on pvp b/c stealth is bug making thf stealth last longer but guess what ranger can do the same with cat pet making BM ranger a huge threat

in Ranger

urek mazino.4026

is that BM cat pet stealth intended or exploit? sry havnt tried BM build

in Ranger

Drakent.9605

Is a exploit , same exploit that makes ppl cry on thf forum for a stealth nerf

in Ranger

urek mazino.4026

Is a exploit , same exploit that makes ppl cry on thf forum for a stealth nerf

no i mean the fact that it causes stealth at all, not the duration

in Ranger

Silvanus.5821

What exploit?

in Ranger

urek mazino.4026

What exploit?

using cat pet with BM build will give rangers stealth, theres another thread about it

in Ranger

Silvanus.5821

What exploit?

using cat pet with BM build will give rangers stealth, theres another thread about it

That’s not proven, they are only speculating. BM build also has nothing to do with the cat’s stealth. I believe in the other thread they said something about the trait that lets you share boons with your pet. However, it doesn’t work both ways. The pet receives the boons from the player, not the other way around. Even if it did, stealth is not a boon anyway.

Either way, if there is something like this, I believe it’s a bug, not an exploit (Since there are only 2 posts about it). It randomly happens (if it does), you can’t predict it, hence you can’t exploit it.

in Ranger

urek mazino.4026

What exploit?

That’s not proven, they are only speculating. BM build also has nothing to do with the cat’s stealth. I believe in the other thread they said something about the trait that lets you share boons with your pet. However, it doesn’t work both ways. The pet receives the boons from the player, not the other way around. Even if it did, stealth is not a boon anyway.

Either way, if there is something like this, I believe it’s a bug, not an exploit (Since there are only 2 posts about it). It randomly happens (if it does), you can’t predict it, hence you can’t exploit it.

yea thats why im asking cos the post above makes it sound like a reliable occurance
i personally have seen some rangers disappear, not sure if thats the hide in plain sight trait or just culling issues

in Ranger

Drakent.9605

Is not a speculation is a fact.

the cat stealth is causing the ranger to also stealth with the minor trait that you are supose to share booms but is also working the other way around .. now is a bug so sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt . also the stealth doesnt just work on your favor if you have enouf pts on BM and the rigth sigil on you set up you pet does a huge amount of damage where all you have to do is kitte your target while pets rips them apart and drive the targets now b/c they cant see the cat

in Ranger

Yasha.5963

The simple answer is because it hits for more, hits more reliably, against a ranger will often double hit due to pet, has a devastating aoe attack, an amazing aoe debuff/field, a teleport that works even if immobilized, and a spammable cripple and evade.

I think you missed out on my entire point. The answer isn’t simple, because there’s certain situations in which Ranger Shortbow will be superior to Thief Shortbow. (Dungeon bosses, anyone?).

Which is okay. Thief Shortbow wasn’t designed for single-target damage. It’s designed for aoe/utility in mind. So it does those things better than the Ranger SB.

But then Ranger Shortbow does more damage against a single target. Period. So then you’ll have many situations in the game where you’re fighting one monster, in which the Ranger Shortbow is superior to the Thief Shortbow. The answer isn’t so simple anymore, no?

Like I said I’m only talking about pvp, and someone at the start of the thread already ran a test which proved thief sb dealt more single target damage unless ranger is flanking and target does not remove conditions.

Well first, I am only talking pvp, don’t know about pve. .

Didn’t realize this was a PvP only post. I’m pretty sure it isn’t. I’d however argue that Ranger Shortbow is far superior in 1v1 fights than Thief Shortbow, but we’ll be doing lots of theorycrafting at that point and it will be pointless.

My point is only about pvp as I said, because I don’t do enough pve to have an opinion. I gave some soild arguments as to why a thief sb is far superior to ranger, you merely stated an empty opinion. I also laid out the primary uses for ranged in pvp and detailed how thief sb is better. It is not theorycrafting, it is knowledge distilled from thousands of spvp games of experience.

However, whether thief sb or ranger sb is better matters little. They both do just fine. What matters more is that in non-hotjoin spvp a ranger has no role that cannot be filled better by other classes. Perhaps comparatively lackluster ranger weapon skills are part of that problem.

in Ranger

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

They have no burst and hardly any good specs, their SB is terrible compared to thief and warrior bow. Redo all of #2 to #5 please on SB, they just suck.

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows