possible way to fix spirits

in Ranger

Posted by: kitsuneKyo.6824

kitsuneKyo.6824

why dont you make spirits immune to cleave and aoe effects and lower the initial hp.

that way they would be viable in dungeons again. they would survive much longer and not every single trashmob would kill it in an instant.
in pvp a player could easily target a spirit and two/threeshot it to get rid of it if he so desires.

this would require more tactics on the enemies side.

currently all you need to do to get rid of a rangers spirits is just…well NOTHING AT ALL because a lot of weapons already have a (larger or smaller) cleave effect and will instakill the spirit anyway without even thinking about it.

the buffs are not that awesome anyway so why picking a spirit as utility when 1.) the buffs suck, 2.) they are dead in one millisecond

in Ranger

Posted by: Munrock.3092

Munrock.3092

This, and they have to be stupidly close to you to get the buff… which means they’re in the line of fire and therefore dead, or they’re useless and safe. If their buff range was longer, there’d be more savvy required from the Rangers when placing them and the opponents deciding if and how to take them out.

in Ranger

Posted by: WeWantWaffles.2873

WeWantWaffles.2873

Spirits are just a complete waste. Giving them lower health and making them take less/no aoe damage is about as bad as what they are now. They can’t survive anything ever. But maybe I’m wrong..

in Ranger

Posted by: kitsuneKyo.6824

kitsuneKyo.6824

Spirits are just a complete waste. Giving them lower health and making them take less/no aoe damage is about as bad as what they are now. They can’t survive anything ever. But maybe I’m wrong..

that would be the reason why i’d like them to be immune to all cleave and aoe damage.

this way the enemy would have to intentionally target and kill them. and they would not die instantly to the massive amount of cleave and aoe damage in dungeons.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sang.3641

Sang.3641

Personally I would just make them immune to dmg, they already have a 60 second cool down.