so muddy terrain: bring back camouflage

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

i propose to delete that skill completely and bring back one is called Camouflage.

Camouflage(60 secs CD): player and pet are stealthed. When this skill is in effect player stays in combat and pet in passive. The effect ends if the player recibe direct damage (no condi ticks) or causes direct damage. Prevents point capture.

The idea of this skill is to grant a limited form of stealth to the player that could be used to scout or disengage as long as it doesn’t get any damage.

Not good if you are in combat as any aoe or any attack will reveal you, and while you are in stealth you cant use wp (as you are in combat). But can be used to scout, sneaky attacks or just for fun. Even to disengage if you outsmart your opponent.

What do you think? And please try to avoid the balance thing as we have perma stealth mesmers and thieves and anet thinks is a good desing.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

And please try to avoid the balance thing as we have perma stealth mesmers and thieves and anet thinks is a good desing.

You serious when you say this kind of stuff? One class was designed with stealth in mind while the other requires a setup for it.

More stealth for another class makes things worse for the game. It shouldn’t matter what other classes have – balance should always be taken into consideration.

C’mon, man…

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chrury.4627

Chrury.4627

Both Muddy Terrain (the skill) and Soften the Fall (trait) have their niche uses. Outright deleting them would be a mistake IMO.

While I wouldn’t be against some reliable stealth for Ranger (LB3 never works when I need it >_>), that’s probably something to save for another elite spec/new skill type.

in Ranger

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Both Muddy Terrain (the skill) and Soften the Fall (trait) have their niche uses. Outright deleting them would be a mistake IMO.

While I wouldn’t be against some reliable stealth for Ranger (LB3 never works when I need it >_>), that’s probably something to save for another elite spec/new skill type.

It does need changing though, it’s crap in its current form (even look like it lol).

Personally I’d like to see it pulse a knockdown. It would still thematically make sense since mud is slippery. It would bring the skill back the skill to is original purpose of being a cc (too many classes can fully ignore immobilize, thief, war, groups keeping up resistance, etc.)

It would need a tweak to the duration and cooldowns but that would turn it into a skill worth considering for every game mode.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN