[BWE3] Revenant Feedback Thread

in Revenant

Posted by: notalent.4102

notalent.4102

Ventari could use a bit of love, the tablet moves a bit slower than I think it should. The reflective barrier is good, but costs quite a bit of energy for the upkeep, I would add a bonus on deactivating the barrier or add healing for each projectile destroyed or something. I also think the tablet should be able to be controlled while evading with UA or blocking with shield 5. Also the radius of the tablet heals is quite small, I think it should at least be doubled.

Overall though I loved playing a cleric rev in PvE and WvW, and I even created a glint/ventari bunker build that worked quite well for stronghold and conquest. I’m definitely gearing out for glint/shiro set and a glint/ventari set for my rev. I might even make two because I’m lazy.

And Mallyx I didn’t even bother after it was nerfed into the ground, I’m hoping a rework for this stance because atm I don’t really see a need to run it imo.

in Revenant

Posted by: Treeoflife.4031

Treeoflife.4031

Mallyx/Shiro condition spec from a PvP perspective. I felt as though i had a lot less control due to the changes to Unyielding Anguish, though i agreed that removing the displacement on it was the right move. I think making it pull foes to the center point upon the first pulse would increase the control of Mallyx by alot so maybe remove the chill and add the pull? With that being said the damage output is considerable and those that hang out inside UA get shredded pretty quick but once people learn what UA does it will be easily avoided. Was alot easier to deal with conditions when your legend skills are not self applying all over the place…was too much before. Still think that EtD should copy conditions instead of applying torment bc i could not tell the difference between using it and not using it. I only used EtD when i was low on energy and needed resistance vs other condi specs. Turning it on and then off again real quick worked best for me. I will say that players with any reliable condi removal were difficult because torment can only go so far being one of the only conditions applied. Tho burn is applied via mace pretty reliably as well. The change in the down skill was a big plus! Condi spec is still in a strong spot overall and the changes made to Mallyx for BWE3 were overall good. Well done Roy good luck sifting though the feedback!

~Adark

Guild Leader of Rebel Dps [ReD]
~Glitch

in Revenant

Posted by: epouvante.7392

epouvante.7392

Hello guys, first of all congratulations for the job done. I am a bit sad because of the end of the elite news (i liked do some speculations:)) but can ´t wait for HoT. I have a tone of good comments and propositions. I enjoy the rev during this beta but there are some issues:
- concerning the weapons: the “cristal hibernation” is problematic because of the lack of mobility. The rev doesn ´t have a lot of weapon choices but the existent ones are now really good. I also feel that the secondary hand cost a lot of energy (but it´s my personnal feeling).

-concerning the legend: i agree with all of the previous comments, now malyx is not so funny, is repetitive. It´s really important to keep the condition copy mechanic in “embrace the darkness”. Also can we imagine for “unyielding anguish” a mechanic that the teleport is just for players and not for mobs. I understand that in pve it s hard to use but this spell is really important in pvp, it was the unique way to escape with malyx.
Ventari is hard to play but the concept is really fun.
Shiro/herald are really strong legends.
The last one jalys seems good but when you play it you are dissappointed (50 energy for the elite, a long cast, short duration). It´s not a reactive legend that you can play in a hard situation.

-concerning the traits: the previous changments are good but it subsits some issues.
For the salvation traits, all outging healing boost trait don t work.
For the herald, the last traits seems too low for an elite spe. “Soothing bastion” it s good but you just die after it. “Enhanced bulwark” without jalyx or “unwavering avoidance” is useless and i m not conviced by the “elder ´s force trait”.
For the corruption traits, “venom enhancement” is a good idea but the cd seems a bit high.
For the invocation traits, i regret to don ´t find more oriented legend traits. The traits are just general and the not focusing on improving legend swith (reducing the time, adding more energy when you switch etc).
Devastation is a solid tree!!
For the retribution i m perplexe and don t like the traits so i can t make a subjective analysis.

Thanks guys.

in Revenant

Posted by: Terra.8571

Terra.8571

So played Revenant this weekend and raided with it. Overall, in a pretty good spot. Here’s my Breakdown:

Sword

• Sword 1 – Nice dps, have no issues
  • Sword 2 – The whirl finisher helps but I still rarely use it
  • Sword 3 – Good for might gaining. Needs sorting out when it encounters it’s nemesis… WALLS
  • Sword 4 – Decent mobile block
  • Sword 5 – No use in PvE, so I dropped the sword for raids

Shield

• Shield 4 – Healing is ok, protection is too low a duration that makes it pretty useless. Cast time is a pain that I rarely use it
  • Shield 5 – Nice block duration decent heal, but occaionally bugged for me and didn;t go off right away

Axe

• Axe 4 – nice dps, good gap closer
  • Axe 5 – did not use as was a power build

Herald

• Bolster fortification and Harmonize continuity both need buffs or they will rarely be picked. Suggestion, change bolster fortification to make protection 10% more effective, change Harmonize continuity to also apply 5s of 2 stacks of stability with a 10s icd.
  • Enhanced Bulwark needs a buff

Devastation

• Ferocious strikes, Assassin’s presence and swift termination will always be chosen for PvE.
  • Others have some use but are much weaker. Malicious reprisal is useless, nefarious momentum is an inefficient way to gain 25 might stacks and the other 2 GM are really bad. Why would you take a weak heal or the ability to remove an extra stack of stability as GM?
  • Would much rather have skills which supplemented the offensive nature of Shiro. I remember you saying Roy, you didn;t want Jalis to have too much dps because he’s a tanky legend. Well, make Shiro more offensive.
  • Possible recommendations – Gain 150 Power in Shiro stance and 5% damage increase whilst under the effects of might, gain +40 power for every upkeep skill point, critical hits have a 50% chance of granting 5s quickness (30s icd) – GM trait

Retribution

• ICD on taunt/ eye for an eye is too high. The skill itself is mediocre in Raids, I can keep hate with just high toughness.
  • Steadfast Rejuvenation isn’t that good. The heal is small but also I’d prefer better mitigation

Invocation

• The master and GM minor traits are solid as is Rolling in the mists. Literally, if you are not taking rolling in the mists, there’s no point in using this whole line. Needs better synergy with the legends and not just rehash of other (equally bad traits) e.g. gain health based on energy.

My one big, massive huge complaint on Rev was the skill lag time on upkeep skills. ALL of Glints skills could be switched on/off instantly. Every other legend’s upkeep skill had a 1-2s lag (after swapping legends) before i could activate them. That is huge if you are tanking. When you legend swap, these skills should not be greyed out. None of the other legend skills are. It really annoyed me when I click shiro 9, think I have IO, check I don;t have IO, accidentally double quick because it’s not responding and wa la, IO on’d and off’d in 0.5s = a waste of 10 energy. Will cost me 10 more to get just 1s of quickness lol. Please make them more responsive after legend swaps.

I guess you just need to finish polishing off Rev, I like the direction it’s headed though.

(edited by Terra.8571)

in Revenant

Posted by: Zende.1704

Zende.1704

So I played around 11 hours of revenant in PvP this weekend so here is some feedback.

First of all, I LOVE the class, been playing berzerker shiro/glint with sword/shield + hammer and boy it’s good! You pretty much counter any marauder or berzerker ammulet wearer if they are foolish enough to hit you during your herald heal.

The damage is really good (but not OP for a full zerker character), but I find it too easy to land, especially in sword with unrelenting assault. I think that dodging the first hit could cancel the damage portion. Another option is reducing it’s damage and giving a good buff to Precision Strike or putting more damage to the end of UA to help mitigating it. (this solution also has the advantage of making it better in teamplay if the last hit always hits the first target).

Hammer is also really good, but I would love seeing Coalescence of Ruin turned into a ground targeted ability like Warrior’s Whirlwind Attack.

Also, Glint could be toned down a bit by increasing energy costs (especially on fury and regen) and nerfing infused light duration down to 3 seconds. And please, make it so that the facet boons pulse independently to help us make most of shared empowerment cooldown!

All in all, I think I will be maining the class once HoT is out, thank’s for the fabulous work.

See you in the mists!

(edited by Zende.1704)

in Revenant

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

If I want to use an evade skill, it needs to be instant. Sword #3 needs a shorter cast time before the evade is active. Reduce the damage and might gain, but also reduce the cast time prior to the evade.
A skill that I can compare this to is burning speed. I often use it just for the evade when I am taking heavy pressure.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in Revenant

Posted by: Maxite.6102

Maxite.6102

People learned to stop attacking on Infused Light really fast. When that happened Shiro/Glint left me pretty boned. Tried out other legends, mostly for the heals, but none stuck too well. Eventually settled on Shield/Crystal hibernation. Still don’t like Soothing Bastion though.

in Revenant

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

People learned to stop attacking on Infused Light really fast. When that happened Shiro/Glint left me pretty boned. Tried out other legends, mostly for the heals, but none stuck too well. Eventually settled on Shield/Crystal hibernation. Still don’t like Soothing Bastion though.

That’s kinda the part where you should save the healing for the last bit. Kinda the point where people start hammering on you when you have 10% hp. You’ll be back at 70-80 before they even notice it.

in Revenant

Posted by: Maxite.6102

Maxite.6102

I did wait. People still picked up on it. Moreso once I was that low it was easy to just let burn/bleed do the rest. Its been the same as defiant stance.

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

I would love seeing Coalescence of Ruin turned into a ground targeted ability

The cooldown is way too low for that to make any kind of sense. I think that would feel terribly clunky.

If I want to use an evade skill, it needs to be instant. Sword #3 needs a shorter cast time before the evade is active. Reduce the damage and might gain, but also reduce the cast time prior to the evade.
A skill that I can compare this to is burning speed. I often use it just for the evade when I am taking heavy pressure.

No, this is an offensive skill that was given a defensive component because it was a death sentence without it. It isn’t truthfully intended to be a defensive skill. It is already very strong. The last thing it needs is a buff that would make counter-play even more difficult. If anything, the cast time should be a bit longer.

My one big, massive huge complaint on Rev was the skill lag time on upkeep skills. ALL of Glints skills could be switched on/off instantly. Every other legend’s upkeep skill had a 1-2s lag (after swapping legends) before i could activate them

Hmmm, this sounds like it could potentially be related to the energy issues on legend swap people have described.

in Revenant

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

Mallyx lost all of its appeal with the self-condition change. Pain Absorption makes no sense now. Why draw conditions from allies if you can’t use them?

Mallyx skills really feel lackluster now. Maybe simply should have made Mallyx stance make allies unable to cleanse you.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

in Revenant

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

Mallyx lost all of its appeal with the self-condition change. Pain Absorption makes no sense now. Why draw conditions from allies if you can’t use them?

Mallyx skills really feel lackluster now. Maybe simply should have made Mallyx stance make allies unable to cleanse you.

The only thing really dumb about the old Mallyx was that you could give back very strong conditions in too high durations, like fear for example.

Change it back and make it apply 1 second duration every 1 second pulse, but lower the energy-cost a bit.

in Revenant

Posted by: zorokai.1486

zorokai.1486

lacks the painful/meaningful condition removal, such as burn, bleed. only way to half deal with them is either run jalis or mallyx (meaning that there is no variation in what you can play as the legendary are so gimmicky and so specific – considering that we cant even pick what utilities to use in these legendary heroes, i think making them more versatile will benefit the class.

Like the glint Elemental blast – you could have it so it removes 1 condition per pulse if stood underneath.

Generally i found that in pvp conditions was yoru kryptonite.

Baldur [SL]

(edited by zorokai.1486)

in Revenant

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Devastation

• Ferocious strikes, Assassin’s presence and swift termination will always be chosen for PvE.
    {snip}

Those are the obvious traits to take and use without having to think about how to maximise the benefit from them, but I don’t think they’re so obviously the best traits.

Malicious Reprisal, Jade Echo, and Dismantle Fortifications are essentially PvP traits. Dismantle Fortifications allows you to interrupt somebody who thinks they’re safe due to one stack of stability, or quickly destabilise someone who thinks they’re safe because they have multiple stacks of stability – particularly when combined with Malicious Reprisal, allowing that interrupt to be landed through a block. Jade Echo gives you that little bit more time before you can be stomped during which your allies can revive you – be it through using that window in order to heal you or to take advantage of the wind to finish off a weakened opponent for you to rally from.

(From a PvE perspective, obviously, these are less useful – I could see them being used in niche situations, but most PvE opponents we come across don’t rely enough on blocks and stability to be worth taking such traits, and you generally have a greater expectation of avoiding being downed in PvE than PvP. However, some traits are naturally more PvP oriented than others, so I don’t think this is inherently a bad thing.)

All of the other traits are oriented towards increasing DPS as you request. Assassin’s Annihilation, in particular, I think you’re seriously underestimating. Do the maths, and it probably outperforms Swift Termination on DPS alone if you trigger the condition, at least it you don’t have IO running. The condition may be harder to achieve in some circumstances – but in PvP it’ll punish enemies that don’t face you, and in PvP you’ll generally want to be behind the boss most of the time anyway. Add the benefit to keeping you alive (300 base heal per second as long as you maintain a fairly simple condition is not to be sneezed at) and personally I think it’s the better trait. (Note that if you’re using Vengeful Hammers, you’re pretty much guaranteed to trigger Assassin’s Annihilation if you’re fighting in melee, since the hammer will come in on the side of an opponent who’s facing you.) The main advantage I can see to Swift Termination is that it doesn’t have the risk that Assassin’s Annihilation does of triggering against a secondary target instead of your priority target.

The biggest problem with Devastation, I think, is that the adept traits are basically pushing you into sword/X or at least mace/X. The only trait there that does anything for you at all if you’re going staff/hammer is Malicious Reprisal, and that’s pretty situational in PvE. I’d agree that Nefarious Momentum does seem underwhelming, but I haven’t tried it, so it might be more impressive in practise.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Revenant

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

Played revenant a lot more again. My opinions haven’t changed much.
Sword keeps getting worse the more I use it. Part of its damage is a projectile which means if you’re near a wall you lose half of it. And then there’s UA which is… bad. In PvE you will fail this skill 80% of the time and even when you hit it doesn’t even do that much damage really. I feel like every time I use it it’s a dps loss and that should absolutely NOT be the case. Precision strike is okayish.
Overall my thoughts on the sword are still “it’s the weapon to look cool, brings absolutely nothing and is boring as hell”.

Been using a lot more staff this time around as a melee weapon and I gotta say the changes to Renewing Wave made it a very strong weapon. The damage is pretty comparable to the sword considering all the extra stuff it has going for it. I didn’t use staff 2 much but I think that’s understandable in pve.

Ventari is good as it is imo. Maybe do the insta tablet summon on swap but that’s about it. Glint is solid as well, wouldn’t change it. Shiro is alright, it does what it does well, but like sword, I find it boring and it doesn’t bring much, it’s the selfish option.

Now the big change, Mallyx. I am still not okay with this, really. I definitely found myself dying a lot quicker because of the heal change, as I could use the self applied condis to heal ridiculous amounts before. Embrace the darkness is now one of the worst elite skills in the game. It just doesn’t know what it wants to be. I was using it more on damage specs for the % buffs, instead of its condi supposed focus. At least it has a cool animation -shrugs-. The only mallyx skill that improved is Unyielding Anguish as it can stack a lot more torment now (and the displace needed to go, chill makes this also a really strong skill), but the rest are definitely weaker in every aspect, as wells as losing their flavor.
I don’t wanna repeat myself, so yeah, just bring back the old Mallyx. At the very least for the elite.

Finally, I really wanna use Jalis, I really do. But having those hammers bug out so easily is a huge hamper in anyone’s chances or running Jalis effectively.

I like that revenant skills promote non-stacking, off the walls, position based gameplay for PvE, but this should NOT be because our skills flat out dont work or bug out against walls.

There needs to be a final trait pass.

That’s all from me for this beta on revenant.

(edited by Vennyhedgie.5369)

in Revenant

Posted by: Mingus Dew.8620

Mingus Dew.8620

Mallyx and Corruption

Conditions Specialization feels half-baked at the moment. With the loss of self-application of conditions, a number of traits in Corruption don’t make for great choices as the Revenant’s value in conditions has been devalued. There is also a substantial lack of synergy between Mallyx and Corruption and other legends and specializations. Furthermore, should the line even be called Corruption anymore? Maybe Affliction would be a better frame?

With the removal of self-generated conditions, only a few things make this specialization shine:

• Torment. The amount of torment this specialization can generate helps to differentiate it from other condition specs. The changes to Embrace the Darkness make it more reliable in this aspect.
  • Venom Enhancement. The idea of one condition applying another condition is to my recollection pretty novel for GW2. This could be something to play with where conditions cause cascading effects on each other.

What feels wrong?

• A few of traits that synergized with the Revenant’s ability to self-generate conditions remain within a less opportunistic environment. Bolstered Anguish and Pulsating Pestilence are no longer strong choices as you are far more dependent on the enemy applying conditions on you than previously expected. This has in some way made the specialization more reactive and less proactive, which can translate into less fun, as instead of being able to self-determine to some degree the amount of conditions on you, you are now more at the whims of others.
  • Mallyx and Corruption cannot stand on its own, but with the manner in which how the Revenant has been designed, they have been designed to be just that.

What could be done?

• One option may be to walk back the previous changes to self-generating conditions on skill use, but that would bring back the problems of party-wide condi-clear from allies affecting the condition spec’s strength. So what would be need to be done is possibly adding a further mechanic with this walk back that would fix this problem. To this end, I would call it “Masochism”, as a word that more aptly describes the willful rejection of aid in order to gain something positive escapes me at the moment. The idea is just that, it would block condition clears from allies. Where exactly where it would go? I am not sure, maybe as a special effect on Mallyx or as a minor trait on Corruption. Implementation would be a beast however, as I imagine it isn’t as easy build a new effect and test it as it is to play with pre-canned effects.
  • Another option could be to flip some of these traits. Bolstered Anguish could be flipped to instead of gaining more damage for each condition on you to gaining more damage for each condition on your enemy.
  • More flavored effects based on torment application. Since the other hallmark of this spec is axed, might as well make the other part better. For instance, give Revenant the ability to gain health if the enemy triggers the stronger walking effect of torment.
  • Give Embrace the Darkness a more dynamic feel. For instance, instead of a 10% blanket stat increase, what if, depending on which specs are chosen, it gave a larger boost to Conditions for Corruption line, Power for Devastation, Toughness for Retaliation, etc… Or, otherwise a bigger bump to condition damage or duration while in Embrace the Darkness?
  • Maybe a trait that snapshots energy loss per second and converts that temporarily into condition damage?
  • Pain Absorption is untouchable in its current state. It is high risk and little reward. The player takes the sum of their allies’ conditions in one package upfront with a small delay from resistance, but is given few tools in order to deal with those conditions creatively and skillfully. The options currently are: trait for Pulsating Pestilence and forego any idea of active defense while you wait for a mob to hit and trigger the 25% chance to transfer conditions or slot in Jalis which is far from being an optimal pairing for Mallyx. Give us the tools to better deal with conditions and give us the choice of whether we want to take the risk, not the other way around.

In closing, BWE3 Revenant still needs work done, and I feel the removal of the mechanics that allowed Mallyx to be a conditions conduit was a bit of a knee-jerk reaction without a proper consideration and correction for the consequences of that design decision.

(edited by Mingus Dew.8620)

in Revenant

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

My own revenant feedback

I played Revenant mostly in pve with the following build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNApXinfNWNSuJrJRHl/kskygS4S5QJorcrkFUFhN5zoqZ2MKNQhFA-TxxCABOoEEgnAAz7Pcp6PTfKAOS5nbm/AA-e

Overall the performance was nice, but I had two issues that I noticed.

1. Honestly, I didn’t feel the need to use Embrace the Darkness that much. It was a serious energy sink that didn’t feel like it was adding that much more to the build, especially with Unyielding Anguish already providing torment. EtD needs something to differentiate, and especially make it feel more like an elite.

2. Using melee weapons with torment application feels wonky. If I’m adding torment, I want the foe to either run away from me, maneuver for position, or chase me, allowing me to kite him/her. Now, in pvp/wvw that might happen, as there is constant mobility, but with pve that isnt as likely. I know, you are looking at adding a trait that increases the damage for nonmobile targets to increase static damage, but still I found myself wanting to kite or chase them around to increase the damage, something the mesmer can do with scepter, but I can’t do anywhere near as much with mace.

Between the two, that got me thinking. I thought, what if EtD generated a fear effect? My only concern is that would step on the toes of necromancer/reaper. So what if it instead generated a taunt? You could walk backwards while swiping at the foes chasing you, etc etc?

Then again, maybe that doesn’t fit the theme, as taunt is more of a jalis than mallyx effect. But fear would be more of a reaper than mallyx effect I think? Or maybe it would be fine?

Point being, perhaps something could be done to cause it to compliment the need for torment needing movement.

Heh, I know, a new unique effect, Bewildered, targets meander around at random (I envisioned that visual effect that happened when during tower of nightmares and the toxic blooms you would suffer those hallucinations… Nightmares perhaps? )

Anyway, point being, some thought I think should be given to the use of taunt with a melee weapon, and EtD needs something to make it not so similar to Unyielding Anguish as well as making feel more like an elite skill.

EDIT: Frankly, I concur that the better option is return the states of those skills back, allowing condition copying, etc. But if the difficulties previously mentioned arent resolvable, something else needs to be done.

Other than that, I did really like the character and the build.

in Revenant

Posted by: Terra.8571

Terra.8571

Devastation

{snip}

Those are the obvious traits to take and use without having to think about how to maximise the benefit from them, but I don’t think they’re so obviously the best traits.

Malicious Reprisal, Jade Echo, and Dismantle Fortifications are essentially PvP traits. Dismantle Fortifications allows you to interrupt somebody who thinks they’re safe due to one stack of stability, or quickly destabilise someone who thinks they’re safe because they have multiple stacks of stability – particularly when combined with Malicious Reprisal, allowing that interrupt to be landed through a block. Jade Echo gives you that little bit more time before you can be stomped during which your allies can revive you – be it through using that window in order to heal you or to take advantage of the wind to finish off a weakened opponent for you to rally from.

(From a PvE perspective, obviously, these are less useful – I could see them being used in niche situations, but most PvE opponents we come across don’t rely enough on blocks and stability to be worth taking such traits, and you generally have a greater expectation of avoiding being downed in PvE than PvP. However, some traits are naturally more PvP oriented than others, so I don’t think this is inherently a bad thing.)

All of the other traits are oriented towards increasing DPS as you request. Assassin’s Annihilation, in particular, I think you’re seriously underestimating. Do the maths, and it probably outperforms Swift Termination on DPS alone if you trigger the condition, at least it you don’t have IO running. The condition may be harder to achieve in some circumstances – but in PvP it’ll punish enemies that don’t face you, and in PvP you’ll generally want to be behind the boss most of the time anyway. Add the benefit to keeping you alive (300 base heal per second as long as you maintain a fairly simple condition is not to be sneezed at) and personally I think it’s the better trait. (Note that if you’re using Vengeful Hammers, you’re pretty much guaranteed to trigger Assassin’s Annihilation if you’re fighting in melee, since the hammer will come in on the side of an opponent who’s facing you.) The main advantage I can see to Swift Termination is that it doesn’t have the risk that Assassin’s Annihilation does of triggering against a secondary target instead of your priority target.

The biggest problem with Devastation, I think, is that the adept traits are basically pushing you into sword/X or at least mace/X. The only trait there that does anything for you at all if you’re going staff/hammer is Malicious Reprisal, and that’s pretty situational in PvE. I’d agree that Nefarious Momentum does seem underwhelming, but I haven’t tried it, so it might be more impressive in practise.

This is fair commentary, I need to do the math on Assassin’s Annihilation. I accept there will always need to be some stuff for PvP but there’s is still room for improvement.

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

I have been playing sword/sword+hammer with shiro/glint and dev/retri lines nearly the whole beta and what i generally think ignoring all the bugs that been here for a while reported many times already;

• Sword;

1. Autoatk is awful, not olny due to issues on projectile but it just feels also sluggish due to it animation. In general the way auto looks needs to be redone, opening with stab is the most stupid thing i have even seen. Other than that no complains.

2. Precise could have it range bumbed up to 600, other than that its actually great for what its supposed to do. I found it really useful when someone wanted to kite me and i could just chill them to stick

3. UA is probably the most hated skill in this game. It is strong 1v1 obviously but despite what people say it not really iwin button still. Its quite weak in teamfights and i often used it as a way to survive and do some damage. To shut down masses they should remove might from it tho, base damage and it evade is enough honestly

4. Block is fine, but counterattack cost too much or does not so much. 10 energy for subpar damage and subpar immo. Either energy should be reduced to 5 or it ability actually buffed to hit like a truck.

5. I honestly do not understand the point of grasping shadow . What the point of coming close to someone to pull them 600 range? To separate someone from group to ua? They can run 150 meters and done. This skill is main reason why people goes for shield instead as while at some point it is fun skill its also terrible. This ability could use a bit of rework where actually revenant shadowstep to his foe pulling him back “for a neck” until then it will remain as quite bad ability for it cost and cd but at least its useful for setting up jade winds assuming you will ever have so much energy spend on in the first place.

• Hammer

Not much to say here, outside of a few knows bugs. The olny thing i wish to see is drastically reduced animation on drop the hammer to 3/4 seconds to summon hammer with 1 sec delayed hit. That would improve rev hammer dramatically. Other than that its fine, strong at long range, weak at close. Working as intended.

• Shiro

A legend i camped most of the time.. I do not like cd on jade winds and i found it frustrating when i wanted to use it back to back but i managed to live without that feature somehow. What i do not like howered is chill/power lock affecting this ability. Cd is cool and all but we already getting punishment with massive energy loss. And since you added cd there i wish to see it working with sigil of para to increase it stun duration. I believe thats a fair tradeoff for it cd.

Other than that its probably the most satisfing me legend, theres olny one flaw in Shiro tho.. it heal. Under pressure its really hard to proc it without sword 3, espesially in teamfights. It is also hard to proc off with hammer as the duration is far too low for such a slow weapon so if i decide to camp hammer i might not proc them all by any means. Theres is another issue as well – it is countered by deflection/reflection preventing us from proccing it, given the fact how many counter this skill already have i think its a bit too much.

Enchanted daggers should last 20 seconds and be unblockable. Now before you call me crazy no, they wont proc without delivering a hit, but unblockable will prevent it from being countered by such simply things as deflection/reflection which HoT brings to nearly..everyone.

• Glint

I personally do not like being a boon bot which Glint force me to do so but sadly..right now there is no better alternative. Theres olny 2 things i can complain about – burst of strenght 1sec casttime and chaotic release too high cd. Strenght burst should honestly be reduced to 0.5sec while chaotic release cd be reduced to 25-30cd. 45cd on it is way overkill. I do not understand what that superspeed doing there tho..

• Devastation

There is 1 trait which makes no sense anymore, 2 which has too high cd and 1 which is underpowered.

1. Ferocious strikes 0 fights for a spot with superior vicious lacerations. Both are in fact sword traits. Nobody in his mind gonna pick up this trait over vicious. That placement makes no sense anymore. Either merge it with vicious to make a room for new trait or buff it and place in GM.

2. Cd on malicious reprisal is too high to even worth considering. 20 sec would be a decent spot. Same goes for jade echo which should be reduced to 60seconds. 90sec is overkill.

3. Dismantle fortifications – that trait is terrible and not worth slotting over rest. Nearly all sources of stab provides more stacks than 2. Its at best adept worthly.

• Retribution

1. Nothing to slot in adept, its close quarters or gtfo. Improved agression is terrible and has no use.

2. Redeeming protection was killed at merged with eye for eye trait. I do not think that was right decision as baseline rev is quite squishy, but it already happened. At this point howered i think protection should be bumped to 7 seconds and cd for this trait be reduced to 30seconds.

Rest of the ideas i posted about ideas to this traitline and Jalis are in my thread;
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/revenant/Jalis-skills-suggestion-extras/first#post5558962

• Herald

Basically every rev uses the same line with few exceptions on GM, my issues with them;

1. Radiant revival – too high cd, no revival bonus so basically useless. As others have mentioned reducing it to 30cd and give it 10% revive bonus would improve it a lot.

2. Nothing to choose from for selfish dps builds in master line. One could argue that shared empowerment is something i can pick over but there is basically no choice to not pick it which is..also support trait.

I think one trait from GM should be swapped with these in master line and i think about soothing bastion here. Most if not all with few exceptions has a trait supporting weapon in adept/master line. Placing soothing bastion with some tweaks in master would be great for selfish dps builds for it “on 25%” nature.

• One more thing i wish to say

You killed Mallyx. And you killed corruption line. So what if Mallyx can stack a lot of torment? The tradeoff is that we lost a lot of non cc conditions such as immobilize, fear. There is no reason to stack keep condi during Mallyx anymore. The lack of stunbreakers on Mallyx is also disturbing and here i have two ideas i would like to throw around;

-Pain absord to become a stunbreak and blind foes in it radius as well
-Embrance the darkness – pulsing resistance for it duration, transfering conditions (so it doesnt clash with old copy Mallyx) to enemies.

Hope my words wont be wasted.

Ps. As for ventari..hes useless, so much micro management for so little reward while druid doesnt have any of these issues. Slow, heals for next to nothing, tiny radius. It may have some nice uses in pve but for pvp – that thing is useless. Rip. Well i never liked Ventari and his salads either way.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

Posted by: Nokturn.8695

Nokturn.8695

New player here, loved the revenant. But I have some concerns:

- Sword
The projectile on skill 1 needs to go or be fixed, because it causes some hitting issues.

Loved all the sword skills except skill 2. Didn’t use it that much as I never saw the point.

- Hammer
Loved the hammer, but noticed a few bugs. First the attack animation on skill 1 doesn’t finish: when you strafe it doesn’t complete the full swing, only half of it.

The range on skill 2 is incorrect. The ground animation goes further then it actually hits. I think this skill could be improved by making it a ground targeted skill, now it just gets blocked by terrain.

- Mallyx
Mallyx feels lackluster, the elite could use more power.

- Jalis
I think Jalis feels more tanky. Didnt feel the need to pick it over Glint.

- Glint
The growl/roar sounds kinda strange and lame. Maybe replace it with an existing dragon roar from the game? The voicelines were fine and in my opnion suited Glint.

The ground circle thats shows your active facets looks kinda ugly. Maybe make it more transparent or change the colour?

- Underwater
Not all legendaries were usable under water. Glint was also absent, which is strange since its out elite specilasation.

When I look at the spear skills I see a weapon that wants to be both a power weapon and a condition weapon. Don’t know how that works out but I would like to see a good power and condition scaling, so that the weapon isn’t useless when you choose to go power or vise versa with conditions. It’s our only weapon underwater after all.

Underwater combat for the revenement feels highly unfinished.

in Revenant

Posted by: Hooglese.4860

Hooglese.4860

Another issue I’ve found is in the Devastation adept line. I totally forgot about this but it’s a significant one and its an easy to solve issue.

Two of the traits do almost the same thing. Ferocious strikes (10% crit damage when dual wielding) and Vicious Lacerations (10% dmg when using a sword from stacks). Sure you could use ferocious strikes with mace but it would be weird to do since its a condi weapon but if you’re bringing sword then vicious lacerations would be stronger since its not just critical damage. Either changing ferocious strikes to all weapons or changing vicious lacerations to have an altered effect (for example what it used to be, like attack speed but maybe not that since it doesnt work with quickness) to fix this

PvP
revenant – Hoogles Von Boogles
Mesmer – hoogelz

(edited by Hooglese.4860)

in Revenant

Posted by: Xernth.8561

Xernth.8561

The cooldown for Eye for an Eye is way too high. Please make the Protection the lion’s share of value in the trait and the Taunt an afterthought versus the way it is now. Protection is useful in every game mode, please make Eye for an Eye as close to Protection Injection(Engi) as is reasonable.

in Revenant

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

My Feedback Overall

Devastation
why would any 1 chose Ferocious Strikes over Vicious Lacerations
Malicious Reprisal this is a no other choise 2h trait
Assassin’s Annihilation not sure if i get the Right amount of hp
Dismantle Fortifications not a fan of this

Salvation
Nourishing Roots to low regain imo
Eluding Nullification please reduce CD by 1-3 sec
Invoking Harmony THIS TRAIT couses some unstable gameplay cuz its forcing me to swap away
Tranquil Benediction i think this should add extra 1-2 orbs
Hardened Foundation – Gain toughness based on a percentage of your healing power WTF REALLY? Solvation is a HEALING line why isnt it the other way around, give healing based on toughness
Momentary Pacification this 1 is wierd cuz we should sync with ventari, and the tablets elite is a knokback, so the daze doesnt effect(i know i cant use it with other elites and it really helps but its a healing line and it doesnt effect my healing legend
Natural Abundance not a fan, maybe need more orbs?

Corruption
Venom Enhancement CD too high and poison duration to low
Spontanous Destruction its way to high of a cd to use in pvp and useless most of the time in pve – i couldnt think of anything but to completly change it
Pulsating Pestilence for a grandmaster i dono not many bomb with condi for me to want to become a “condi bubble”

Retribution
Close Quarters i really think that this trait is horrible
Steadfast Rejuvenation this is a grandmaster and this is a Major Invigorating Flow and its better(the major)
Empowering Vengeance – meh i got huge might stacking anyway

Invocation
Cleansing Channel only 1?
Cruel Repercussion reduce it to 10 sec and maybe i will use it
Roiling Mists i almost alweys have fury on me and this GRANDMASTER TRAIT gives me basicly just 10% crit chance, i think it also needs add 15% duration to fury

Herald
Swift Gale never used it
Harmonize Continuity this is only 1 spesific situation case trait only…. meh

sword 1 is clucky we all siad it 1000 times, and sword 2 the dmg is good but its so simple and not fun sword 3 still some times stop cuz im stuck, staff 2 disapointing, axe 5 still doesnt work good, hammer 3, had 1 hp used it 1200 range from me and wen i hit i got hit and died there, not in my original spot 1200 range back – i no like dis
sword 5 sometimes doesnt work and cooldown is abit too high
and over all condi feels really bad, on what pve mobs is torment and confusion is good? we need burning, wen me and my guild try the raid no 1 wanted condi revenant due to low dmg, no class can really put preasure just on burning and i think this is what we are missing instead of confusion we need burning
THE END
P.S. i think the tablet is extremly fun and horrible at the same time here please change it

(edited by Shiro Tegachii.5619)

in Revenant

Vennyhedgie.5369

Dismantle fortifications should be moved to the corruption line as a GM that removes all stability stacks when using a CC. I mean we can already remove stab by using banish enchantment but this would give a reason to use corruption with hammer and staff.

Someone comented about underwater spear. I gotta say I absolutely adore this weapon as it is and it made me want to play more underwater combat. 11/10

in Revenant

BlackDevil.9268

Revenant has it’s pro’s and cons, but what I dislike is the fact that the real pro, only lies in two certain hero’s: Herald and shiro. The rest just currently lacks quite a bit. I hooked off from condition really fast when my condition output was really not worth it and not even came close to the damage and sustain I was able to gain through shiro-herald marauder.
I have also played some Healing-support Venetari-Herrald for quite a few hours and got a way to make it work and won some 2v3/2v4 with a reaper along with me. I basically got to heal him up to 100% the moment he pops out of DS while I kiting and CCing during his DS. Though I have to admitt, these opponents weren’t very good and once I got to fight better players you could easily notice how poor the support was, partly due the fact that the healings of ventari are very slow, with quite a big cost and very risky.

I’ll start with the worst (in my opinion) legendary stance: Ventari:
Can we finally remove some clunkyness from this stance? The tablet is absolutely horrible to move around. And while that is not only the problem, it’s also at an amazingly high cost. Only by spamming my tablet and some weapon skills I’m already very low on energy. This, along with the very slow and risky healing (very small radius) makes it a very high risk-low reward mechanic.

• The tablet at first needs to be much faster. This has been suggested many times and I honestly don’t see why this is a problem. It removes a lot clunky-ness from the tablet and makes it easier to move.
    Along with this the cooldown needs to be reduced to 1 second, the energy cost lowered to 5 and the base healing also reduced by a half. Obviously you can’t just spam 2.5k healings on a 1 second cooldown so cutting the heal in half is more than fine. And seriously guys, why can’t it become instant cast? I would also like to cast more than just my tablet constantly. It would also synergyze much better with #8, due that actually does cast while you’re casting skills. I’m sometimes stuck casting the skill but then I realise I have to give up my casting of whatever I’m casting (say, #3 sword) to move my dog… eh.. tablet to the position I want to.

As for the utility skills:

• Protective Solace: Well.. Ehm.. Water field maybe? The absorbtion is at a very high cost. I really dislike light fields, as they are rather screwing up the field blasting in all forms of the game than actually helping them. Rather remove the light field from this skill, increase the cooldown to 10 seconds, reduce energy cost to 5 or 6 and upon exploding the projetile shield, give a waterfield based on the duration you have kept up the barier.
    So say you have kept up the barier for 10 seconds and you release the barier, you will get a waterfield for 5 seconds. Don;t make the radius too big though. 240 or 360 is big enough since the blasting of water also adds another radius of 360.
    With a cooldown of 10 seconds you can’t just spam it for waterfields, and let’s be honest: we have more than enough projectile obsorption skills. We really don’t need this on a 5 seconds cd.
  • Natural Harmony: Ugh, radius… Honestly all radius skills of ventari are way too risky and allies most likely run out of your healing before they notice it. This could really need an improvement, if not done by a trait that increases the radius.
  • Purifying Essence: Same goes for this skill basically. Radius too big. Energy cost could be reduced to 25, but not required.
  • Energy Expulsion: This skill seems much more useful now it’s 35 energy cost instead of 50 and found myself use it often as support when I had nothing to heal but rather attribute by CCing.

Mallyx:
The unique-ness of this legend has been removed completely and replaced with some mid-tier condition spec. The elite doesnt seem to have much effect and the legend really is only good if you fight someone with lots of boons.

• Pain Absorption: Costs too much energy or it either needs an increased self-resistance per condition, or an increased AoE duration of resistance per condition transfered. Now Conditions are only transfered in a very minor way due RNG-trait, the conditions actually hurt you more by using this skill than you being able to make use of it.
  • Banish Enchantment: Decent skill. Not a big ‘’wow-factor’‘, but does it’s job by removing boons as revenant doesnt really have access to that.
  • Unyielding Anguish: so-so. It’s not an amazing skill but then again it does contribute to the pressure and mobility you can have. Energy could be reduced maybe to 25 as 30 feels a bit too much for this skill. Could also be lowered to 20 and have a short cooldown to prevent spamming.
  • Embrace the Darkness: Well… Just no. 10% is not really noticeable, energy cost is not too high for an elite skill but the functionality is not good for an elite skill. Elite skills are supposed to be strong with high cost. This is just another utility skill with some nice effects. Even Protective solance costs more than this ’’elite’’ skill… Ehh.. Let’s move on?

Legendary King Jalis, hail the king!
Or let’s not, shall we? This ’’king’’ is most certainly not the king of all revenant stances due a few things: The stun break is very off and is practically useless. The stability is unreliable and almost useless. This is a massive factor that a tanky-support role needs. Something herald can actually provide akwardly enough…

• Inspiring Reinforcement: Well this is not such kittene as many poeople already suggested: Stability on inital cast, pulsing stability road when layed down. This skill is so static and so bad, I don’t really know if I should cry or laugh when I get stopped 1v1 against a downed player because my road is still building to finish. I can’t wait nearly 2 seconds for stability that lasts shorter than the actual time to get it. I can better stomp someone and blind them at the right time in… drum sound herald! At least lovely herald is reliable… Another thing to note: This skill should seriously become instant cast and gain the stun break of the elite. It just doesn’t work on a 1.25 sec casting time, you know?
  • Forced Engagement: Honestly, I didn’t really get my hands on using this, since there is practically any other skill similar but better than this skill in any other stance. Apart from that, you most likely wanna use jalis for the elite and possibly the hammers. By then you shouldn’t really have much energy to even remotely use this skill.
  • Vengeful Hammers: Still love this skill. No complaints besides the wall/terrain bug where it fails to continue casting.
  • Rite of the ’’Great’’ Dwarf: Could just easily add 50% condition damage reduction to this too since the hammers has it too and the skill seriously could get a minor buff. Stun break would be removed and replaced to inspiring reinforcement.

No comments on shiro and herald as they are well balanced and might even get some minor nerfs if needed

in Revenant

BlackDevil.9268

Traits:

Herald:

• Bolster Fortifications doesn’t fit with the herald healing at all so I don’t see why this is in the herald line. It pretty much reduces the healing gain by 33%. It’s a nice trait with ventari, so this could need a change.

Salvation:

• Disarming Riposte seems pretty useless and needs some serious icd-reduction (10sec or so) to be noticeable.
  • Nourishing Roots needs it’s regen duration be increased to 3 seconds base or just changed to a -10% damage reduction when being near the tablet to up to 5 allies.
  • Tranquil Benediction is not worth picking and would need might of 3 seconds added to it or a 1second duration protection or fury added to be worth.
  • Eluding Nullification’s ICD is way too long and should be around 2 seconds to prevent people from double dodging, but still having that nice condition removal on dodge with certainty. Currently 10 sec is just way too random.

Retribution:

• Improved Aggression: Pve Trait, might be useful with HoT content? Currently isn’t useful as far as I’m concerned anywhere.
  • Steadfast Rejuvenation is a pretty boring grandmaster trait and totally not impressive. Should get a buff in my opinion.

Invocation:

• Charged Mist is too hard to use imo. Rather have it that it gives might when you use a skill above 50 energy and not just when it drops below 50.
  • Cruel Repercussion is a bit of a wierd trait for the revenant as you dont really have a hard single hitting skill besides maybe something on hammer or staff 2. Though even if you notice a skill has been negated, you already used the buff due the fast attacking of the revenant. I would rather have the buff apply 3 times 25% and maybe even have a lower ICD.

Devastation:

• Malicious Reprisal is just horrible since the icd is way too long and (havent tested this but thought by logic) if it procs with aegis its useless.
  • Nefarious Momentum is kinda unnoticeable since you dont and cant really use many shiro stance skills. the might stacks per skill could be increased but I highly doubt if that will increase the quality of the trait.
  • Dismantle Fortifications is not worth it compared to the other grandmasters in devastation. The only skill that reslly benifits from this trait is Surge of the Mist which is fairly easy to dodge and hard to hit all 9 times. My addition to this trait would be to gain 1 stack of stability for 6 seconds when succesfully removing a stack of stability (5 sec icd). The current effect would still be without icd.

Weapons:

Sword:
Please remove the projectile (Brutal blade) from this auto attack, or at least make it so you continue with your chain once you fail this skill or if it get’s reflected. It’s a fun concept but it fails too often. (fixing terrain problems would also be a big fix for the skill)

• Grasping Shadow: Still feels a bit buggy and clunky to ’’pull’’ off, if you get what I mean huehue…

Hammer: Not really a worthy weapon in spvp imo due to it’s slow behaviour but useful in WvW so hard to balance. Casting time and damage could be reduced to make it more in-line maybe, but much more than that is just making the weapon very wierd.

Staff:

• Punishing Sweep: A bit too slow and hard to hit. Could still need a casting time reduction to 0,5 seconds. Full #2 chain already takes about 1.5 seconds with after-cast included.
  • Renewing Wave: Is this skill supposed to not cleanse conditions on yourself? Cause I found myself not removing conditions way too often when using this skill.

in Revenant

Posted by: castem.5936

castem.5936

Although I don’t want to go in-depth on everything, I wanted to offer my thoughts on the Revenant.

Specializations / Traits

Devastation: Overall, I feel Devastation is in a good spot and only requires minor tweaks. The minor traits are fantastic. The Adept traits are fine except for Vicious Lascerations, which feels extremely underwhelming; it could use a buff or different effect. The Master traits are fine except for Nefarious Momentum, which feels wholly underwhelming compared to Assassin’s Presence; I recommend Nefarious Moment increasing might on any stance skill, not just assassin stance skills. The Grandmaster traits are fine except for Assassin’s Annihilation, which doesn’t proc as much as it should, needs to be more visible, or both.

Salvation: there are very few things I like about this specialization. Condition removal on dodge roll and access to blinds are great for any Revenant. Aside from that, though, I think this specialization is terrible. You have multiple traits competing for one another for the same role (such as Nourishing Roots and Tranquil Balance competing for healing), only 1 minor trait that works for multiple specializations, a grandmaster that has practically zero synergy with Shiro’s elite skill, and the specialization itself is very boring. Even if you made it on the level of Druid, it still wouldn’t be interesting – almost all of the traits are variations on ‘increasing healing done to allies’. There are numerous ways to support one’s allies, so there’s no need for Salvation to be such a one-trick pony. I’d like to see a lot more variety and creativity in this specialization, because as it is right now I don’t think I’d touch it (or enjoy using it, if I had to use it).

Corruption: an interesting specialization. It has some neat stuff, but nearly all of it seems situational or questionable. I must admit, I like this specialization without fully knowing whether or not it’s extremely good or incredibly underwhelming. I’d need more time with it before I feel I could make an accurate assessment. I will say this, though: the changes made from the previous BWE were very welcome.

Retribution: this specialization almost rivals the Dwarf stance. What I mean is that it is more defensive and it has a lot of great stuff, but it still manages to seem a bit underwhelming. You gain endurance when struck!…but only a small amount, and only once every 10 seconds. You gain stability on a dodge!….but it barely lasts any time at all. You can choose to be healed when struck!….but the healing is insignificant. About the only trait that feels ‘right’ is Redeeming Protection – every other trait is either underwhelming (needs a buff), has too long of a ICD, or just isn’t interesting. This specialization could use some work before HoT.

Invocation: this specialization has me very conflicted. One the one hand, it has some really neat stuff in it – the bonuses concerning fury, stun-break and condition removal on legend swap, healing on skill use, and different effects based on energy remaining all sound great on paper. However, in practice a lot of these are either underwhelming, tricky to use, or have large negatives attached to them. Swapping to your other legend is a very serious decision, so using it purely for a stun break seems like a bad idea, even though a 10 second stun break seems really good on paper. The healing on skill use is underwhelming, even for its low ICD. The different effects based on energy level seem like a good idea, but they’re both tricky to use and underwhelming when you do use them. Lastly, I find it strange that legend swap doesn’t get the 15% cooldown reduction anywhere, although considering you can attach powerful effects to it I suppose I could understand it. Ultimately, I don’t know what quite needs done for this specialization, but I do think it could use another look-over before HoT.

Herald: undoubtedly my favorite specialization, and quite possibly one of the Revenant’s best. It has amazing synergy not only within itself, but also with the other specializations. It’s got great traits, and its F2 (Facet of Nature) is not only useful but it can be used in both legends (which is not only useful and effective, but also kind of brings home the idea that your elite specialization permeates the experience, just as it should). About the only complaint I have about it is Bolster Fortifications (protection on healing skill). This actually has anti-synergy with Glint’s healing skill, and it’s very underwhelming considering the elite Facet constantly grants protection. I’d recommend changing it to something more useful.

Weapons

Overall, the weapons felt much better. Staff #5 is still a bit awkward at times, but overall most of the weapons feel like they’re in a good spot (to me, at least).

My only real complaint when it comes to weapons is that there isn’t a ranged option for condition builds (outside of water combat). Adding a trait that adds conditions to hammer skills could be a solution (and a worthy grandmaster for the Corruption line).

Stances

Assassin: overall, a very solid stance. Mobility, damage, an elite stun – they all work and fit well. Probably one of the best stances available to the Revenant right now. I don’t have any recommendations for changes for this stance.

Centaur: in my eyes, this is easily the Revenant’s worst stance. It’s slow, clunky, gimmicky, and just not fun to play. I’d start by auto-summoning the tablet as soon as you enter the stance, alter the way the tablet moves (speed up its movement or have it teleport), and…well, just make it more satisfying to use. As of right now, this is the absolute last stance I would take for either pvp or pve.

Demon: admittedly, I didn’t play this stance all this much last BWE. However, I still consider it better than Centaur due to one key difference: it deals with conditions. Revenants have a real weakness for conditions, so even if I don’t have a condi build (or even take any points in Corruption) this stance still might find its way on my bar. This is both a positive point for the stance, and a worrisome point for the class as a whole. If the Revenant’s weakness to conditions is so strong that you’d be willing to give up one of your two stances just to deal with them, perhaps that’s not a good sign.

Dwarf: a good stance, but I feel it doesn’t quite match up to Assassin or Dragon. Weakness, stability, taunts, slows, damage reduction, a heal that cures conditions – they all sound great. But somehow it just seems underwhelming compared the Revenant’s two best stances. Whether you want defense or support, Dragon seems to have it beat, and its offense doesn’t come close to touching Assassin’s. This leaves Dwarf stance as a good stance without a niche to fill. As a result, I didn’t find much use for it in the BWE. I’ll probably use it as a Herald replacement until I hit 80, and then drop it for good. I don’t quite know what it needs to stand out, but I definitely think it needs something.

Dragon: in my eyes, the Revenant’s best stance and easily my favorite one. In essence, it’s kind of like a jack of all trades – it offers some offense, but not to the level of Assassin; it offers some defense, but not as directly as Dwarf; it offers support, without the clunkiness of Centaur. As a result, it’s a great compliment to any other stance, it works well in any game mode, it’s got a lot of depth to it, and it comes with great visuals (I LOVE that magic circle on the ground showing which facets are active). Energy management was a tad difficult, but that’s only because I haven’t had more than a few days playing the class (and everything’s so good I want to use it all). Its biggest weakness is a weakness to conditions – just like the Revenant itself. As a result, I’d say it’s powerful without being too much so. This is easily my favorite elite specialization in the entire game, and I have no recommendations to offer for it.

in Revenant

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

Glint/Ventari feedback
Traits
Herald

• Infuse light
    In its current form it’s not worth taking it. Giving increased revival speed like all other revival traits would make it as useful as the other two.
  • Soothing Bastion
    The passive effect is good however the active effect kills you more often than it saves you. Removing the crystal hibernation on 25% and putting something else would be great.

Salvation

• Hardened Foundations
    This trait has no real effect if you had maximum healing power and no toughness it would result in a 5% damage reduction on a more realistic gear (clerics/shaman) it would be the equivalent of a 3.9% damage reduction.

Legends
Glint
Everything felt great here.

Ventari
These need to be changed to be anything beyond a off-healer because even if the druid and ventari healed the same as other healers ventaris heals would still be harder to hit making other specs more desirable.

• Natural Harmony
    Needs a 33% better scaling with Healing Power.
  • Purifying Essence
    Mostly good but it still needs a better scaling a 20%-30% better scaling.
  • Protective Solace
    Energy cost is too high to be sustained and cooldown is too high to be flashed.
    Energy cost could go to -7 -6 or cooldown could go to 1.5 secs.
    These changes should occur even if it has to have its field removed.
  • Energy expulsion
    It’s perfect :p
  • Ventari’s Will
    These changes are important for it to be useful in anything but raids.
    Range needs to be increased to 1200-1500 and leash to 1800 and movement speed needs a 33% increase alternatively remove the cast time.
    Increase radius by 40.
  • Project Tranquility
    Tablet needs a auto-sumon when you swap into ventari or being able to position it.
Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

(edited by Varezenem.2813)

in Revenant

draxynnic.3719

This is fair commentary, I need to do the math on Assassin’s Annihilation. I accept there will always need to be some stuff for PvP but there’s is still room for improvement.

Did a quick run of the numbers, and while I made a couple of assumptions that may not turn out to be accurate (such as AA scaling with power/prec/ferocity at a similar proportion to other damage sources) it does seem the AA is definitely worthwhile if you have a reasonable expectation to be able to get flanks. Swift Termination possibly pulls ahead if you have the potential to AoE multiple opponents, and if you’re not likely to get flank (such as when you’re on your own in PvE and not using orbital hammers).

Assume that a 12-second period against a single target that’s below 50% and which can be easily flanked (so one of those Nuhochs, say) involves 1 usage of UA and 4 repeats of the autoattack chain. This is a rough estimation, but until we get good information on the aftercasts, ~2.5s for an autoattack chain seems fairly typical.

UA does 7×202 = 1414 damage (it grants might, too, but I’m assuming that scales everything equally)
Preparation Thrust does 293 (and grants vulnerability, but that will increase all damage)
Brutal Blade does 183, but strikes twice, for 366 total
Rift Slash against a single target does a total of 440. (Against multiple targets closely packed, this can rise to 660 through overlapping explosions)
Total damage from autoattack = (293+366+440)x4 = 1099×4 = 4396
Total damage over 12 seconds specified = 5810

In practise, the actual damage will be higher, but assuming Assassin’s Annihilation scales proportionally with power, precision, ferocity, might, and vulnerability, the proportional numbers will be the same (if the actual number is, say, 50% greater due to power, vulnerability, and crits, it is likely that the same will be true of Assassin’s Annihilation procs).

Assassin’s Annihilation ideally strikes once per second. In practise, some of that is almost certainly going to be lost by not striking at precisely the same time. Let’s say it triggers 8 times over the period. So that’s 243×8 = 1944 extra damage.

Swift Termination gives a flat +20%. That grants an extra 1162 damage.

Now, this ignores some of the complexities of interaction with Assassin’s Annihilation. There are few things that can increase the damage of AA further apart from decreasing the average time between finishing ICD and triggering again. AA doesn’t scale further with Impossible Odds, nor does it scale further when striking multiple targets (while I think every revenant set is good at striking multiple targets) and it is vulnerable to being shut down entirely if your target is facing you (unless you have Vengeful Hammers running). On the other hand, it still triggers if your target is above 50% health, and the extra healing is not to be sneezed at.

It’s also pretty rough with a lot of guesstimates regarding timing, but I suspect the ballpark is accurate, at least to the level of doing a comparable amount of additional damage.

Of course, this is assuming that Assassin’s Annihilation scales with berserker stats with a similar ratio proportional to base damage as the skills. If it can’t crit and doesn’t scale with power (or not as much) then Swift Termination will pull ahead with more berserker-oriented builds, but AA may still have its place for builds that are not quite so focused on DPS.

in Revenant

draxynnic.3719

• Pain Absorption: Costs too much energy or it either needs an increased self-resistance per condition, or an increased AoE duration of resistance per condition transfered. Now Conditions are only transfered in a very minor way due RNG-trait, the conditions actually hurt you more by using this skill than you being able to make use of it.

I found it quite useful as a means of effectively being able to ignore soft-CCs like immobilise, usually until they expired. While pulling conditions in exchange for resistance can be risky, the more conditions you pull the more you get, and it can be more reliable at times than a condition clear when the condition you really wanted to clear gets instantly reapplied (hello, Entangle!). I wouldn’t complain with tweaking of the numbers, and/or a reversion of EtD to have condition spread (if your team has too much condition removal, spend the energy on other skills instead), but I think the fundamentals are good.

• Dismantle Fortifications is not worth it compared to the other grandmasters in devastation. The only skill that reslly benifits from this trait is Surge of the Mist which is fairly easy to dodge and hard to hit all 9 times. My addition to this trait would be to gain 1 stack of stability for 6 seconds when succesfully removing a stack of stability (5 sec icd). The current effect would still be without icd.

I think this is intended as a PvP trait. It basically means that if your opponent has a single stack of stability and think they’re safe, you can still interrupt them. Or if they have multiple stacks, you can drain them much more quickly. I don’t think it’s as bad as you make out, particularly since every revenant set has something on it that will strip stability stacks before you even get to legend skills.

Swapping to your other legend is a very serious decision, so using it purely for a stun break seems like a bad idea, even though a 10 second stun break seems really good on paper.

I think this is exactly what keeps it balanced – it’s a 10 second stun break, but to use it you have to legendswap at a time when you might otherwise prefer not to, and you’re also at risk of being stunned right after a swap (especially if it’s to one of the legends that doesn’t have a stun break).

in Revenant

Vennyhedgie.5369

Did a quick run of the numbers, and while I made a couple of assumptions that may not turn out to be accurate (such as AA scaling with power/prec/ferocity at a similar proportion to other damage sources) it does seem the AA is definitely worthwhile if you have a reasonable expectation to be able to get flanks. Swift Termination possibly pulls ahead if you have the potential to AoE multiple opponents, and if you’re not likely to get flank (such as when you’re on your own in PvE and not using orbital hammers).

Assume that a 12-second period against a single target that’s below 50% and which can be easily flanked (so one of those Nuhochs, say) involves 1 usage of UA and 4 repeats of the autoattack chain. This is a rough estimation, but until we get good information on the aftercasts, ~2.5s for an autoattack chain seems fairly typical.

UA does 7×202 = 1414 damage (it grants might, too, but I’m assuming that scales everything equally)
Preparation Thrust does 293 (and grants vulnerability, but that will increase all damage)
Brutal Blade does 183, but strikes twice, for 366 total
Rift Slash against a single target does a total of 440. (Against multiple targets closely packed, this can rise to 660 through overlapping explosions)
Total damage from autoattack = (293+366+440)x4 = 1099×4 = 4396
Total damage over 12 seconds specified = 5810

In practise, the actual damage will be higher, but assuming Assassin’s Annihilation scales proportionally with power, precision, ferocity, might, and vulnerability, the proportional numbers will be the same (if the actual number is, say, 50% greater due to power, vulnerability, and crits, it is likely that the same will be true of Assassin’s Annihilation procs).

Assassin’s Annihilation ideally strikes once per second. In practise, some of that is almost certainly going to be lost by not striking at precisely the same time. Let’s say it triggers 8 times over the period. So that’s 243×8 = 1944 extra damage.

Swift Termination gives a flat +20%. That grants an extra 1162 damage.

Now, this ignores some of the complexities of interaction with Assassin’s Annihilation. There are few things that can increase the damage of AA further apart from decreasing the average time between finishing ICD and triggering again. AA doesn’t scale further with Impossible Odds, nor does it scale further when striking multiple targets (while I think every revenant set is good at striking multiple targets) and it is vulnerable to being shut down entirely if your target is facing you (unless you have Vengeful Hammers running). On the other hand, it still triggers if your target is above 50% health, and the extra healing is not to be sneezed at.

It’s also pretty rough with a lot of guesstimates regarding timing, but I suspect the ballpark is accurate, at least to the level of doing a comparable amount of additional damage.

Of course, this is assuming that Assassin’s Annihilation scales with berserker stats with a similar ratio proportional to base damage as the skills. If it can’t crit and doesn’t scale with power (or not as much) then Swift Termination will pull ahead with more berserker-oriented builds, but AA may still have its place for builds that are not quite so focused on DPS.

AA is a lifesteal and as such it cannot crit. This means if you’re going for a pure damage spec with zerker and such your best bet will probably be ST. However it’s still a lot of extra damage and healing, and can be a really good option for certain weapons, as being a lifesteal it ignores armor, it’s great for fighting certain classes like guardians and eles. It can also boost Mace and hammer damage, as mace’s physical damage is on the low side and AA works kind of like a condition, ignoring armor; and for hammer, the CD lines up with the cast time on the auto attack, meaning all your autos will proc it asuming you hit the foe from the side.

in Revenant

BlackDevil.9268

I found it quite useful as a means of effectively being able to ignore soft-CCs like immobilise, usually until they expired. While pulling conditions in exchange for resistance can be risky, the more conditions you pull the more you get, and it can be more reliable at times than a condition clear when the condition you really wanted to clear gets instantly reapplied (hello, Entangle!). I wouldn’t complain with tweaking of the numbers, and/or a reversion of EtD to have condition spread (if your team has too much condition removal, spend the energy on other skills instead), but I think the fundamentals are good.

I do agree it can be good for such short duration, but I just don’t see why you would use 30 energy for something that could potentially kill or damage you a lot 5-6 seconds later. Especially in team fights, such things can be rather risky.
The reason the energy was allowed to be so high before the nerfs was because you could reach certain thresholds to apply more pressure.
Now you’re just giving up quite a lot pressure for a risky defensive ability.

I think this is intended as a PvP trait. It basically means that if your opponent has a single stack of stability and think they’re safe, you can still interrupt them. Or if they have multiple stacks, you can drain them much more quickly. I don’t think it’s as bad as you make out, particularly since every revenant set has something on it that will strip stability stacks before you even get to legend skills.

Well, the problem I quite have with that, is the fact that barely any stability source used in sPvP has only 1 stack.

• Stand your ground – 5
  • Balanced Stace – 5
  • Armor of earth -10
    Only ‘’Indomitable Courage’’ from guardian applies 1 stability stack basically. So only if your team already is quite CC heavy, I could see it being possible to strip off the boon, but otherwise you would either not remove the boon by yourself or you have a mesmer/necro to do that for you (or in case of mallyx you can even do it yourself).
    So this is really a WvW trait that allows you to rush through the stability stacking with #5 staff, but that really is the only use of it.
    While this is also a very strong combo so it’s hard to balance around that (But honestly WvW isnt really balanced anyway…). Comparing these to the other 2 traits, it’s a really big damage and sustain factor you’re giving up for such little in return. Honestly, the other 2 GM are just very good, this one is just a cool trait, but it’s functionality is rather something for a master trait.

in Revenant

Posted by: Lenny.2053

Lenny.2053

Hi, there is my feedback, i was playing Mallyx/Glint in PvE.

I must say i miss these self tormenting skills of Mallyx and copying conditins by Embrace the Darkness plus Demonic Defiance, Bolstered Anguish and Pulsating Pestilence doesn’t feel that attractive to choose as other traits.

I was thinking about two ways how to solve this.

1. Change Demonic Defiance to “When you have Resistance condition on you cannot be cleansed, using a legendary demon stance skill grants resistance for a short duration.” (3s)
    And using old version of skills.
  2. Changing skills to apply some kind of special effect on self instead of conditions (for example “Corruption”) which will do periodic damage and skills will have stronger effects depending on number of corruption on you.
  • For example Embrace the Darkness would be something like this:
    Every second apply corruption on self (1s),
    apply torment on foes if you have 1 or more corruption on you,
    apply Blindnes(1s) or Weakness(1s) or Vulnerability(1s) if you have 2 or more corruption, apply Bleeding(1s) if you have 3 or more corruption on you,
    Poison for 4 and more and so on.
  • Pain Absorption would instead of pulling condition on you changed them to corruption.

I think it’s not ideal solution, but only i was able to think about.

Other thing which is problem some of stances don’t have underwater skills for example Glint. We can’t choose any other skills except these of used Legend.
What about making some neutral skills (not bound to legendary person) for example “Mists” skills which manipulete mists and you can equip them on every legend ?
Or “Disaster” skills channeling legendary events like The Searing, Sinking of Orr, Rising of Orr and others.

That’s all i hope it will be useful and thanks for great work on Revenant, that dodge looks great.

in Revenant

Vennyhedgie.5369

I am actually mildly disappointed in the dodge effect. Not that it isn’t great that such a suggestion made it into the game but when it was mentioned I think that the original intention was to have it look like the revenant was phasing through the mists as they do when using Phase smash, Unralenting assault or the shiro escape skill, instead of just a puff of smoke.

in Revenant

draxynnic.3719

AA is a lifesteal and as such it cannot crit. This means if you’re going for a pure damage spec with zerker and such your best bet will probably be ST. However it’s still a lot of extra damage and healing, and can be a really good option for certain weapons, as being a lifesteal it ignores armor, it’s great for fighting certain classes like guardians and eles. It can also boost Mace and hammer damage, as mace’s physical damage is on the low side and AA works kind of like a condition, ignoring armor; and for hammer, the CD lines up with the cast time on the auto attack, meaning all your autos will proc it asuming you hit the foe from the side.

Had a feeling there’d be something like that – partially because the numbers were just too much in AA’s favour otherwise. Still, as long as you’re able to get those flanks in, it seems that you need to be around marauder stats for AA to risk falling behind in DPS alone… against a single target, of course. As long as it does scale with power.

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

I am actually mildly disappointed in the dodge effect. Not that it isn’t great that such a suggestion made it into the game but when it was mentioned I think that the original intention was to have it look like the revenant was phasing through the mists as they do when using Phase smash, Unralenting assault or the shiro escape skill, instead of just a puff of smoke.

this couldn’t happen because you can confuse it with a skill. Dodge has to be clear even with fluff effects. Thieves’ one is the same dodge animation with some blurr ;-)

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Vennyhedgie.5369

this couldn’t happen because you can confuse it with a skill. Dodge has to be clear even with fluff effects. Thieves’ one is the same dodge animation with some blurr ;-)

Thieves have the blur effect on other skills as well and nobody mistakes them.

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Yeah but they still roll, like everybody. The suggestion was to add a different animation for revenant (no roll, but phasing), that’s what i’m referring too. Fluff effects are cool, but consistency must remain. ^ _ ^
Said that i love our new dodge animation

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Well…i had hope for a mist effect like in phase smash during a dodge. That puff is better than nothing tho.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

Vennyhedgie.5369

Yeah but they still roll, like everybody. The suggestion was to add a different animation for revenant (no roll, but phasing), that’s what i’m referring too. Fluff effects are cool, but consistency must remain. ^ _ ^
Said that i love our new dodge animation

Well when using Riposting Shadows your character has the mist effect and is rolling. That’s what I’m trying to say, I dont mean revs should just phase and teleport.