Balancing Healing Skills

Balancing Healing Skills

in Revenant

Posted by: Tzozef.9841

Tzozef.9841

Right now the Healing skill on Herald trumps all other Legend’s healing skill.

I suggest give the Herald Heal Skill 1/4 sec cast-time, and reduce the cast time or make instant on other Legend’s Heal Skill.

For Example:
Shiro Heal Skill should be instant, considering it is used offensively and triggers when WE attack.

Herald Heal Skill is now being abused as an “Oh kitten” button without thinking. That 1/4s casttime will balance it for more skillful use and timing, rather than “any pug with a monkey brain can use it”.

Balancing Healing Skills

in Revenant

Posted by: MercenaryNote.8506

MercenaryNote.8506

It’s also very easy to counter that any decent player can do it. Stop attacking. It’s why defiant stance isn’t considered a must-have on warriors, because the heal isn’t always guaranteed. It’s situational.

Balancing Healing Skills

in Revenant

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

if you give the glinth heal a 1/4 cast time then you will render the complete legend useless. it’s your only reliable “invul” that works against burst and condis. people just need a brain and at most the skill needs an aura-like effect to show that it’s on.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

Balancing Healing Skills

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Giving Infuse Light a cast time would open the new shiny new for this skill, following steps of it’s grandpa Defiant Stance. A way…

…to the dumpster.

Only thing this skill needs is more visible animation and that’s it. It’s a definition of “L2P” at it’s finest.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Balancing Healing Skills

in Revenant

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

I do feel the shiro heal lacking. I’d rather have the damage removed if it gives more healing.

Balancing Healing Skills

in Revenant

Posted by: Pazu.8320

Pazu.8320

Yeah, Shiro heal could do with a slight cast time reduction at the least. Glint heal is necessary for a Revenant who has no invuln skills (minus shield, kind of) and low ability to leave a fight.

Paul Lukische (ele), Pazu Plus One (ranger), Oh The Pazubilities (mes) et al – Sanctum of Rall
Champion Titles: Legionnaire, Genius, Magus, Paragon, Illusionist, Phantom, Shadow, Ritualist
Spectral Legion [SL] is recruiting! spectrallegion.com

Balancing Healing Skills

in Revenant

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

I’m sick of people trying to nerf the class already because they don’t know how to fight it.

Any half smart player during the time will prepare a burst and not attack once it’s used. Guess what, the whole heal skill is now wasted.

It’s 100% a L2P issue. If YOU healed the rev it means you messed up, not nerf the other class.

Balancing Healing Skills

in Revenant

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

Right now the Healing skill on Herald trumps all other Legend’s healing skill.

I suggest give the Herald Heal Skill 1/4 sec cast-time, and reduce the cast time or make instant on other Legend’s Heal Skill.

For Example:
Shiro Heal Skill should be instant, considering it is used offensively and triggers when WE attack.

Herald Heal Skill is now being abused as an “Oh kitten” button without thinking. That 1/4s casttime will balance it for more skillful use and timing, rather than “any pug with a monkey brain can use it”.

Sigh, the counter play is to STOP ATTACKING. The same defense used for Confusion. This is a L2P issue.

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

Balancing Healing Skills

in Revenant

Posted by: Pyroen.2086

Pyroen.2086

What they need to nerf is revenants just switching leends and heal from 1 to 100% in one skill. having 2 heal skills can be unbalanced.

Balancing Healing Skills

in Revenant

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

What they need to nerf is revenants just switching leends and heal from 1 to 100% in one skill. having 2 heal skills can be unbalanced.

I don’t think any single Revenant skill can do that actually.
You must be thinking that the Glint #6 just happens to heal you to full, but in fact, it relies almost entirely on the opponent!

It’d be fine if they gave it a bigger visual tell, but if they add a cast time, the skill is dead. It’s really one of the few ways you can survive bursts and focus fire, one of the key issues the base Revenant has.

Balancing Healing Skills

in Revenant

Posted by: caerulean.4837

caerulean.4837

I definitely think the shiro heal was lacking compared to all the others. And yes, the glint heal isn’t actually that massive, it relies almost completely on the opponent dealing a lot of damage to the revenant. Like Taldren said, people just need to deal with it the same way they deal with confusion to stop the heal from being so effective.

Balancing Healing Skills

in Revenant

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

Here’s my thought on shiro heal. Make it do a normal heal and then do damage on hit. Forget the life steal part though I know it fits with the theme.