[Concept] Elite Specialization - Mistwalker

in Revenant

Posted by: Hooglese.4860

Hooglese.4860

Since Renegades boring, I thought of a whole new elite spec idea. The thought was to make it the opposite of Herald in a sense: completely selfish Revenant style that focuses on energy generation rather than upkeep.

Introduction
A Mistwalker is a Revenant who was spent the majority of their life in the Mists and as a result, can phase between the two planes of existence at an instant. They can invoke the power of a being born of the mists, Razah, and wield a dagger as a weapon.

Specialization Mechanic
The main mechanic of the Mistwalker is Mist Walking. Mist walking is a rapid dash between the two planes that replaces your dodge but costs energy instead of endurance. Since endurance isn’t needed anymore, vigor now increases energy generation by 50%. Functionally, mist walking is just a 300 teleport and 1/2s evade (shorter than normal since you’ll be able to dodge a lot more than normal).

The next mechanic is that energy cap is no longer 50 but 100. Switching legends no longer resets your energy, as a result, but adds a set amount to the energy you have.

Dagger Skills
The dagger will be along the lines of the other Revenant weapons and be different. It will be a ranged weapon.

Auto Attack chain

• Ghostly Haste: throw your dagger at your enemy with lightning speed and gain swiftness
  • Gaze of Fury: throw another dagger at your enemy and gain fury (can gain might with the invocation trait)
  • Renewing Surge: throw two daggers in quick succession and gain regeneration then protection
  • Spirit Boon Strike: throw a final dagger and gain vigor and might

Skill Two
Chain

• Essence Strike: Stick a rift dagger to your enemy that also applies vulnerability.
  • Spirit Rift:Detonate the dagger, creating a rift to the mists, causing burning, torment and blind. (I want it to be like axe for ranger where it can be used for both power and condi, so the first hit is high power, then high condi).

Skill Three

• Channeled Strike: Channel for a controlled amount of time and then throw a lightning infused dagger; the longer channeled, the harder the skill hits.

Razah Skills
Razah’s skills are thematically based off GW1 ritualist abilities, but not spirit summoning abilities because that’s what Renegade has. The actual abilities are designed around what revenant needs.

Mend Body and Soul

• Upkeep 8: lose a condition every second and heal when you do.
  • Release: heal yourself (30s cd, auto casts on energy depletion)

Binding Chains
Call chains from the mists and lock down your enemy, damaging them. (Immobilize and damage, 30 energy)

Soul Twisting
Convert conditions into boons (20 energy)

Rupture Soul
Rupture your opponents being, stunning them and causing debilitating condtions (weakness, cripple, poison, and blind. Costs 35 energy)

Spirit Siphon (Elite)
Teleport to your enemy and grab them, stealing a large amount of health and boons. (Costs 50 energy, 600 range)

Traits
There are 3 main themes: Mist walking, inner spirit, weapon ability. They are unlike other themes, but are minor, major and grand-master so you must have one but you can only have one. Other than that its might, sustain and control.

Minor

• Wanderlust: Mist walking gives might.
  • Displacement: Mist walking costs less energy
  • Shadow song: Mist walking blinds enemies

Major

• Spirit’s Strength: Gain might when you steal boons
  • Union: Send a condition when you steal a boon
  • Sight Beyond Sight: Blind and chill your enemy when you steal a boon

Grandmaster

• Weapon of Aggression: Weapon skills grant might based off their energy cost
  • Spirit Light Weapon: Weapon skills remove conditions based off their energy cost
  • Warmonger’s Weapon: Weapon skills deal debilitating conditions based off their energy cost.
PvP
revenant – Hoogles Von Boogles
Mesmer – hoogelz

in Revenant

Posted by: LucianDK.8615

LucianDK.8615

Pretty interesting take on the revenant, id play that. You have 4 skills in the AA chain, theres only 3 normally.

Though having offhand open would allow for axe, which already have a shadowstep. With the elite as well, revs would stick -very- well to enemies, especially since they focus on energy regen.

in Revenant

Hooglese.4860

Pretty interesting take on the revenant, id play that. You have 4 skills in the AA chain, theres only 3 normally.

Though having offhand open would allow for axe, which already have a shadowstep. With the elite as well, revs would stick -very- well to enemies, especially since they focus on energy regen.

Usually autoattack chains do but daggers have 4 or at least I’m pretty sure they do

PvP
Mesmer – hoogelz

in Revenant

Posted by: Ashivan.5216

Ashivan.5216

I love the Mist Walking idea. I could see myself really enjoying the mobility and the nice effect that comes with that.

But I am not too fond of throwing daggers. Because of his mobility I would go for melee options, blinking in and out around your enemies.

in Revenant

Posted by: Fractured.3928

Fractured.3928

I love the Mist Walking idea. I could see myself really enjoying the mobility and the nice effect that comes with that.

But I am not too fond of throwing daggers. Because of his mobility I would go for melee options, blinking in and out around your enemies.

I’m with you. Seems like it would be perfect for Sword/Axe, just teleporting all over the place.

While a neat idea, unsure about dodging using energy instead. Revenant would be kitten near impossible to kill in PVP. Granted I don’t play PVP, so hard to say. Would be funny to be so irritating to kill though.

in Revenant

Posted by: Dall.9752

Dall.9752

Don’t you think the name is a bit redundant? Revenants are mistwalkers by default, a bunch of their skills already involve dashing through the mists for a while… to me it feels sort of like a thief elite spec named “burglar” or something.

I like the skills, the legend (always wanted to know more about Razah), the ranged dagger style, but the elite spec name bugs me.

in Revenant

Hooglese.4860

Don’t you think the name is a bit redundant? Revenants are mistwalkers by default, a bunch of their skills already involve dashing through the mists for a while… to me it feels sort of like a thief elite spec named “burglar” or something.

I like the skills, the legend (always wanted to know more about Razah), the ranged dagger style, but the elite spec name bugs me.

I agree, I’m bad at names

PvP
Mesmer – hoogelz

in Revenant

Posted by: Dall.9752

Dall.9752

I agree, I’m bad at names

In all fairness I’d pick Mistwalker over Revenant for the name of the class anyday.

in Revenant

Posted by: otto.5684

otto.5684

This seems somewhat close to what Warrior new specialization is. Also, the change to energy mechanic completely changes the interactions with other legends and weapons. This cannot be done for only for one legend. It has to be done for Rev as a whole to work.

The idea of changing Rev dodge is cool and goes inline with Rev misty theme. It cannot be tied to energy. This will be incredibly gimmicky ending either really under powered or really over powered. Having 3 doges or faster endurance refill will work much better.

In addition, a ranged AA with 4 chain?

in Revenant

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

Grandmaster

• Weapon of Aggression: Weapon skills grant might based off their energy cost
  • Spirit Light Weapon: Weapon skills remove conditions based off their energy cost
  • Warmonger’s Weapon: Weapon skills deal debilitating conditions based off their cost

Whenever I read anything that starts “…blah blah, based on GW1’s RITUALIST, blah…” I sort of trail off, but…

This right here is the best thing ever… It seems so simple, but it’s so well thought out. It’s a truly customizable trait line catering to 3 different revenant gameplay-styles (like Daredevil’s grandmaster trait does) and it utilizes one of our biggest weaknesses (High Energy Cost Skills) and turns it into somewhat of a pro.

Just a SUPER GENIOUS IDEA, ANET HIRE THIS GUY AND GIVE HIM ALL YOUR WIVES.

in Revenant

Posted by: Reedmaster.6051

Reedmaster.6051

The concept is cool, but at the same time a large theme of the elite is boon generation which is kind of already a thing with Herald even though that is more boon sharing. Herald atm isnt used for group play anyway so the 2 specs will fight over the same spot. Itll be great if arenanet just pushes herald into its intended spot as a boon share tank/support and they can coexist together