Eye on Tyria: Interview with Shiro Tagachi

in Revenant

Posted by: lordhelmos.7623

lordhelmos.7623

“Good morning fellow Tyrians! Plyxi here and boy do I have a treat for you! Following his recent reveal as a supporting Legend in the new Guildwars 2: Heart of Thorns expansion, we were able to catch up with Shiro Tagachi to ask him a few questions about his return to the Guildwars universe.”

Plyxi: “Mr. Tagachi, I’d like to thank you for taking the time for this interview. Do you have any opening remarks for your Guildwars: Factions fans?”

At this point Shiro stood up and clenched his fists before taking a villainous pose.

Shiro: “I HAVE RETURNED!”

Plyxi: “Ahhh… ok, we sort of got that with the reveal. Anyway, is there any coffee or water that I can get you before we begin?”

Shiro: “What kind of food buff will this give me?”

Plyxi: “Ahh… healing power I believe.”

Shiro: “Disgusting!” He stands up and kicks over the table with the cups on it. A charr attendant comes over to move the broken table and mess off screen.

Plyxi: “Ok… that was unexpected. Mr. Tagachi. What can you tell us about your powers as a legend and it’s playstyle?”

Shiro: He ponders a moment and puts a hand to his chin “Well. Think of a warrior but with speed, teleports, and an aoe basilisk venom. Oh and you get awesome versions of my Shiro’ken blades made of jade that steal health. They aren’t as good as the real thing though.”

Plyxi: “So are you more or less satisfied with your skillbar loadout?”

Shiro: “I’m just disappointed that they didn’t use any of the original names for my skills. I mean come on! Battle Scars, Meditation of the Reaper, Against Impossible Odds… I put so much time into coming up with those cool names.” He sighs then shrugs “Well it could be worse. I suppose I didn’t get it as bad as those other legends.”

Plyxi: “Speaking of the other legends, what do you think about Jalis and Ventari?”

Shiro: He laughs. “Pathetic! I saw that Ventari guy on the way here in the bathroom. He slipped and slammed his head on one of the sinks. Poor guy couldn’t even heal himself because his tablet was stuck in the hallway. They had to call an ambulance. Jalis? I don’t know about him. I just saw him channeling his elite. I came back after lunch and he was still channeling.”

Plyxi: “Do you think you will have any synergy with the other legends?”

Shiro: “I don’t want to be caught dead paired up with those two. They better pair me up with Mallyx or Glint. Ahhh… Mallyx. I remember the good old days of us stomping newbies in the realm of torment… well until Ursanway came and ruined it all. I remember Mallyx being alot better in his prime though. Old Mallyx would have just facesmashed people instead of trying this condition mess. I keep telling him that power is the way to go. He’s as stubborn as that Lich. If the Lich was DPS specced during our last fight, we would have crushed those flameseeker heroes.”

Plyxi: “Are you looking forward to anything in the new Guildwars 2 expansion personally?”

Shiro: “Well I have replicas of my blades and armor lined up for sale in the Black Lion Gemstore. I’m sure I’ll have more gems than I know what to do with.”

Plyxi: “Any plans for those gems?”

Shiro: “I think I might use them to kickstart Shiroken University. It’s an online college with courses designed to teach young Quaggans how to properly spec into dps builds. My philosophy is that if you teach the younger generation the value of mass murder and damage early, you can make the world a better place.”

Plyxi: “I notice that you keep staring out the window, is there something wrong Mr. Tagachi?”

Shiro: “That idiot Revenant over there is heading into that fractal gate with cleric armor and a staff. I think we might need to cut this interview short. Someone needs to stop him. What is he trying to do? Trap his team in there for 5 hours?”

Shiro suddenly teleports to the revenant and bursts him into down state in 2 seconds. Some shouting can be heard.

“AND STAY DOWN THERE UNTIL YOU LEARN HOW TO REV!”

Plyxi: “Well there you go Tyrians! Shiro Tagachi, coming to a Revenant near you! Be sure to Preorder! I’ll see you next time, on Eye on Tyria!”

More screaming can be heard as Shiro begins to terrorize other staff Revenants.

(edited by lordhelmos.7623)

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Very fun, lordhelmos!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

in Revenant

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

Great, GREAT!

Please more, Had been a long time since i’ve las stopped to read a 30-inch wall of text and appreciated it at the end x)

in Revenant

Posted by: Moira Shalaar.5620

Moira Shalaar.5620

Well done! This is worth a sticky imho

mid-2011 iMac; OSX 10.9.5; 3.4 GHz Core i7;
16GB RAM; AMD Radeon 6970M 2GB VRAM

in Revenant

Posted by: Tarkan.5609

Tarkan.5609

loved this, and also some of the criticism in there :p
well done!

PvP, Teef & Engi

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

This interview is amazing.

in Revenant

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

IM DYING OF LAUGHTER

in Revenant

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

You NEED To read this in shiro’s voice, it’s hilarious.

in Revenant

Posted by: SenorMoody.5908

SenorMoody.5908

Yes! This is what it’s all about.
Eye on Tyria™ should be a thing!
with weekly interviews with various characters in the game.

Wish it, Want it, Do it!

in Revenant

Posted by: arenta.2953

arenta.2953

“Good morning fellow Tyrians! Plyxi here and boy do I have a treat for you! Following his recent reveal as a supporting Legend in the new Guildwars 2: Heart of Thorns expansion, we were able to catch up with Shiro Tagachi to ask him a few questions about his return to the Guildwars universe.”

Plyxi: “Mr. Tagachi, I’d like to thank you for taking the time for this interview. Do you have any opening remarks for your Guildwars: Factions fans?”

At this point Shiro stood up and clenched his fists before taking a villainous pose.

Shiro: “I HAVE RETURNED!”

Plyxi: “Ahhh… ok, we sort of got that with the reveal. Anyway, is there any coffee or water that I can get you before we begin?”

Shiro: “What kind of food buff will this give me?”

Plyxi: “Ahh… healing power I believe.”

Shiro: “Disgusting!” He stands up and kicks over the table with the cups on it. A charr attendant comes over to move the broken table and mess off screen.

Plyxi: “Ok… that was unexpected. Mr. Tagachi. What can you tell us about your powers as a legend and it’s playstyle?”

Shiro: He ponders a moment and puts a hand to his chin “Well. Think of a warrior but with speed, teleports, and an aoe basilisk venom. Oh and you get awesome versions of my Shiro’ken blades made of jade that steal health. They aren’t as good as the real thing though.”

Plyxi: “So are you more or less satisfied with your skillbar loadout?”

Shiro: “I’m just disappointed that they didn’t use any of the original names for my skills. I mean come on! Battle Scars, Meditation of the Reaper, Against Impossible Odds… I put so much time into coming up with those cool names.” He sighs then shrugs “Well it could be worse. I suppose I didn’t get it as bad as those other legends.”

Plyxi: “Speaking of the other legends, what do you think about Jalis and Ventari?”

Shiro: He laughs. “Pathetic! I saw that Ventari guy on the way here in the bathroom. He slipped and slammed his head on one of the sinks. Poor guy couldn’t even heal himself because his tablet was stuck in the hallway. They had to call an ambulance. Jalis? I don’t know about him. I just saw him channeling his elite. I came back after lunch and he was still channeling.”

Plyxi: “Do you think you will have any synergy with the other legends?”

Shiro: “I don’t want to be caught dead paired up with those two. They better pair me up with Mallyx or Glint. Ahhh… Mallyx. I remember the good old days of us stomping newbies in the realm of torment… well until Ursanway came and ruined it all. I remember Mallyx being alot better in his prime though. Old Mallyx would have just facesmashed people instead of trying this condition mess. I keep telling him that power is the way to go. He’s as stubborn as that Lich. If the Lich was DPS specced during our last fight, we would have crushed those flameseeker heroes.”

Plyxi: “Are you looking forward to anything in the new Guildwars 2 expansion personally?”

Shiro: “Well I have replicas of my blades and armor lined up for sale in the Black Lion Gemstore. I’m sure I’ll have more gems than I know what to do with.”

Plyxi: “Any plans for those gems?”

Shiro: “I think I might use them to kickstart Shiroken University. It’s an online college with courses designed to teach young Quaggans how to properly spec into dps builds. My philosophy is that if you teach the younger generation the value of mass murder and damage early, you can make the world a better place.”

Plyxi: “I notice that you keep staring out the window, is there something wrong Mr. Tagachi?”

Shiro: “That idiot Revenant over there is heading into that fractal gate with cleric armor and a staff. I think we might need to cut this interview short. Someone needs to stop him. What is he trying to do? Trap his team in there for 5 hours?”

Shiro suddenly teleports to the revenant and bursts him into down state in 2 seconds. Some shouting can be heard.

“AND STAY DOWN THERE UNTIL YOU LEARN HOW TO REV!”

Plyxi: “Well there you go Tyrians! Shiro Tagachi, coming to a Revenant near you! Be sure to Preorder! I’ll see you next time, on Eye on Tyria!”

More screaming can be heard as Shiro begins to terrorize other staff Revenants.

message from cantha to tyria
“KEEP HIM. WE DON’T WANT HIM BACK. EVERY TIME HE SHOWS UP ON OUR LAND STUFF BLOWS UP”
Tyria’s response
“….anyone remember what Shiro did to Cantha to make them say that?”

Jade Quarry’s Tomoko Takei, Anabuki Tomoko, and Assassin Ahri

in Revenant

Posted by: jweez.7214

jweez.7214

Loved it.

An Error Prevented Saving:
Message Body length must at least be 15.

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

That was hillarious. Spit my tea reading about Lich DPS

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Revenant

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

Nice interview, we really could need more of this with various characters from gw2.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

in Revenant

Posted by: Gengetsu.1920

Gengetsu.1920

This was absolutely fantastic the Ursanway joke just killed the end was great as well just well done thanks for making my day.

in Revenant

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

Ursanway, now there’s a build name I haven’t heard of in a long time. It only took Anet a long time to fix. Sheesh.

Also, I would love to see an accurate replica of Shiro’s blades on the gemstore. Not the replica from GW: Factions, I mean from the cinematic. The hilt on those blades looked so much better than the in-game model’s hilt.

in Revenant

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

This was awesome!

in Revenant

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

Both amusing and true, critique masked as comedy, I like it!

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

in Revenant

Posted by: Word Devourer.1762

Word Devourer.1762

Great fun to read. We must have more!!

in Revenant

Posted by: Bovan.9481

Bovan.9481

I saw that Ventari guy on the way here in the bathroom. He slipped and slammed his head on one of the sinks. Poor guy couldn’t even heal himself because his tablet was stuck in the hallway.

Yeah, this is probably the funniest thing I’ll read this year.

Bovan Ironwrench – Bovan Sundermist
Immortal Kingdom [KING]

in Revenant

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

Awesome! We need more interviews!

in Revenant

Posted by: WindGodGirl.6405

WindGodGirl.6405

Formally requesting Jalis, Ventari, Mallyx and Glint when she eventually arrives.

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

What Shiro would say about his nerfs and broken sword?

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Necropost, but funny none the less.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Necropost, but funny none the less.

Still accurate after so many months. Which is just.. sad

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

Posted by: Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Linked this quote to my friend cleric/staff revenant that he takes to fractals sometimes.
He got kinda mad, kek

in Revenant

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

[Incoherent Jade Echo Wailing]

in Revenant

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

Linked this quote to my friend cleric/staff revenant that he takes to fractals sometimes.
He got kinda mad, kek

Not everyone plays bserker not should they, if people don’t like it then don’t group with them.

in Revenant

Posted by: Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

He got kinda mad, kek

Not everyone plays berserker nor should they, if people don’t like it then don’t group with them.

Shots fired at wrong direction, no zealous meta protectors found in my post.

Neither I am against it, nor I pick on people with the builds they are playing as long as they can contribute with it and it’s not so called “hardcore pve” aka raids. After all this is kind of people that make builds until some famous streamer succesfully copy-pastes and claims it as their own.

in Revenant

Posted by: otto.5684

otto.5684

Cool post from OP. The most hilarious thing is I did not realize it was 10 month old, which is sad.. Things broken for 10 month are still not fixed…

in Revenant

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

Cool post from OP. The most hilarious thing is I did not realize it was 10 month old, which is sad.. Things broken for 10 month are still not fixed…

Definitly

Anet Style.
Guardian Torch 5…..anybody wanna comment it? 4 years now, and still worst weapon skill ingame.

in Revenant

Posted by: Jack Skywalker.5674

Jack Skywalker.5674

Yeah Norjena,we can do that on the guardian’s subforum….here we beg for Anet to make PT back at 20 energy and remove the Unblockable buff from it to make it worthwhile.

in Revenant

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

Yeah Norjena,we can do that on the guardian’s subforum….here we beg for Anet to make PT back at 20 energy and remove the Unblockable buff from it to make it worthwhile.

It doesn´t matter, cause its arenanet.

U have to wait half a year, for a balancing patch that u can get all two weeks if u play blizzard´s moba hereos of the storm.

What Anet does for balancing (especially in pve) ist not even worth to comment. It´s beyond kitten.

Playing MMOs since 2004, and never seen a worse balance focused in pve. I thought raids could change it, but nothing changed so far.

Still the same cluesless people are working on class balance, trying to force a pve game to be a well known e-sports title.

That will never happen.

Next Balance patch in 4 Month, 5-9 lines changes per class…..gg Anet, GG!!!!

(edited by Norjena.5172)

in Revenant

Posted by: Jack Skywalker.5674

Jack Skywalker.5674

I am playing heroes on the side….if they gave Warrior the melee staff instead of giving it to the Revenant, I wouldn’t have bothered with this class at all…or if they gave AA1 and AA2 animations of staff to Thief. I swear to God except for the final bit in the chain, thief AA staff looks realy bad compared to Revenants….it’s like they made that chain to work with that 1 daredevil staff skin or something.

Back on topic though….if we wouldn’t kitten about GW2 and spend less time playing this class Anet will never fix this sh@ite. Also can we have an interview with either Ventari or Malyx next?

(edited by Jack Skywalker.5674)