[Feedback] on Revenant Beta

in Revenant

Posted by: Zev.3407

Zev.3407

Roy,

for the long term health of Revenant, we need more utilities

You cant counter situations without entirely changing your legend, which is disappointing. We’re too limited on our skill customization.

please do NOT rush rev or HoT

in Revenant

Posted by: slayert.5904

slayert.5904

Roy,

You cant counter situations without entirely changing your legend, which is disappointing. We’re too limited on our skill customization.

I don’t really think we need more utilities… I main Guardian and all I use are meditations or shouts for WvW and concentrations for Fractals. Every legend on revenant has its role in a specific gamemode or situation. Revenant can even be perfect for certain things since it can swap two roles in a fractal run, sPvP match or even WvW roaming/havoc/zerg.

To be fair it is the Revenants class mechanic and it already is a bit of a nightmare balancing all those skills other classes have since they can be combined in allot of ways. It would also mean once Revenant is done that each legend will be viable in certain things.

| lvl 80 guard | shout DPS roamer |

in Revenant

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

… Guardians have more than 3 meditations to choose from. They have more than 3 shouts to choose from and they have more than 3 concentrations. Don’t be naive. It’s only fair that Revenants be given that same courtesy.

If your guardian was stuck with skills like Merciful Intervention or Sanctuary how happy would you be?

… I still want tengu.

in Revenant

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

Roy,

I don’t really think we need more utilities… I main Guardian and all I use are meditations or shouts for WvW and concentrations for Fractals. Every legend on revenant has its role in a specific gamemode or situation. Revenant can even be perfect for certain things since it can swap two roles in a fractal run, sPvP match or even WvW roaming/havoc/zerg.

To be fair it is the Revenants class mechanic and it already is a bit of a nightmare balancing all those skills other classes have since they can be combined in allot of ways. It would also mean once Revenant is done that each legend will be viable in certain things.

What if every time you wanted to play your “Fractal Legend” you were stuck with Wall of Reflection, Hallowed Ground, and Sanctuary? Sure those skills aren’t all bad, but you can’t change them out to suit the situation. You’re stuck with those three skills just because you chose your group support “Legend”. You can’t change to more burning, condi removal, or projectile defense if you want to.

THAT’s what is wrong with the Revenant right now. It’s not relevant that other professions have only a handful of favorite utilities because they can choose when to use that handful and in what combination.

Additionally I disagree that Revenants can “fill two roles at once” just because they have two Legends. The Legends don’t really even come close to filling the one role they are obviously meant for. Shiro is not the end all DPS spec. Mallyx is not a great condi spec. Jalis is not tanky nor good at support. Ventari may be the only one that completely fills its role but even ignoring that its role is pure healing and how useful that may or may not be… that’s 1 out of 4 Legends. Not good.

With more utilities Revenants could at least lean more toward the “jack of all trades” end of the spectrum. With only 2 choices made by equipping your 2 Legends that’s not enough to be jack of all trades and the legends themselves aren’t good enough to be a master of any one trade either.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in Revenant

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

Just want to say I’ve spent most of Sunday playing Revenant in sPvP and it was a complete blast. I don’t think I want to play GW anymore because Revenant isn’t there haha. I can’t remember the last time I’ve had that much fun on a profession.. maybe cuz it’s new, but it felt really good.

It’s a little weird to get used to it because it basically has two weapon swaps (legend + normal weapon) and you only get energy back when you swap legends, not weapons.. which makes things tricky (e.g. you wanna swap to staff to block but have no energy). I ran mace/axe + staff and ran celestial at first. It was quite effective, but after swapping to Carrion I don’t think I’ll ever look back xD Carrion mace/axe + staff felt really competitive even in higher ranked sPvP. It is definitively a high skill cap class and one that will for sure be my main. I felt bad for thinking this because I main a Necro, but I couldn’t help but to say to myself “this is what I wanted Necro to be like.”

On Legends:
Shiro felt really good. I usually dislike assasin/thief – type classes but Shiro was a complete blast.
-The heal skill was a little odd at first because it’s not really a burst heal but requires you to hit your target and also has an internal cooldown. I do actually like its design, as it can also be used to deal really nice dmg.
-Riposting Shadows is also a nice skill, ofc… especially since it’s a stun break.
-My favorite is Phase Traversal. This skill gives the unblockable buff which imo (I may be wrong) isn’t a huge huge deal, but the teleport is just amazing and I think that was one of the most fun parts of playing reve (teleporting after thieves etc. and being un-escapable). I really, really liked this skill. Cool sound effects, cool visual effects. Awesome
-Impossible Odds was also really, really fun. It could be used to travel quickly through the map or finish someone, or res, or even use quickness + staff #4 for some quick heals. This was another of of my favorites (I know, I have many). The quickness was really good for escaping, since Revenant doesn’t really have any good leaps to run away. I really liked the fact that if you upkeep this skill for a while and then swap over to another legend for 50 energy, the quickness will spill over for a split second, allowing you to execute your next skill 50% faster, which is VERY cool if you swap over to a legend with a long cast-time elite skill, and then use that elite skill very quickly cuz of the quickness.
-The elite is also very strong, but expensive to use. Personally, I don’t have much to say here.

I liked Mallyx a lot as well, especially the healing skill and all the resistance boon associated with this legend. Mallyx had very cool voice acting and effects.
-The favourite thing about Mallyx (imo) was the elite skill. That thing just wrecks other condi users and is amazing in team fights. It’s very powerful and also expensive to use because it literally drains you from your energy but it feels like a freight train.
-Pain Absorption is a really good skill. It’s a little expensive to use and I found myself not utilizing it (probably a l2p issue). The general theme with Mallyx was that if you swap into it, you really don’t get to spam many of your utilities because as soon as you use one of the utilities, you don’t really have too much room to use anything else, unless you wait. Anyway, this skill is strong, but I find that its strength lies in giving you resistance and preparing you to use your other utilities (drawing condis makes other utility skill and elite skill stronger, and even heal skill). However, as mentioned before, everything is so expensive that you don’t really get to do this as much as you’d want (probably my l2p issue, but it may not be). Perhaps a longer cooldown but smaller energy cost?
- Banish Enchantment - very good skill, especially against boon heavy classes. I feel like most people in sPvP aren’t really used to confusion because it usually comes in such short supply. If this skill is used well, you can easily stack 8 – 12 confusion on someone, which can shut them down (GW1’s Spiteful Spirit anyone?). This skill has low cost and overall, no complaints.
-Unyielding Anguish - I love this skill for its defensiveness. If you’re chased by a thief or something else that’s melee and annoying, this can effectively shut them down. I wouldn’t really call this that OP because other classes have similar skills (guardian rings), un-passable walls, etc. The only weird thing about it the randomness of where the enemy is teleported. The area might be a bit too large as well, or duration. I found the skill fine, and it does deserve a high cost because it is quite strong (<3 the torment).

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

(edited by MethaneGas.8357)

in Revenant

MethaneGas.8357

Weapon Skills:
Staff:
-Staff felt quite strong on celestial amulet, as well as carrion. It was mostly used as a defensive weapon with the #3 block and could be used to protect allies/deal damage with #5.
-Skill #2 (Punishing Sweep) felt useless to me. It had too long of a cast time if you do the whole chain for just a bit of weakness. I may be wrong, but on carrion/celestial amulets I did not even use this skill at all.
-Skill #3 (Warding Rift) was really good. The block is amazing, and so are the blinds. This skill does need a whirl finished, imo. If this was a small whirl, you could combo it with some other fields that the revenant can create (fire field from mace, dark field from Mallyx, air field from Jalis).
-Skill #4 (Renewing Wave) was quite nice as a heal. It has a long cast time and feels slightly clunky but it’s still quite nice. It is very powerful when used with Shiro’s quickness (Impossible Odds).
-Skill #5 ( Surge of the Mists) was really strong. Not only does it leap you forward but the CC is very good. The damage is also good. This skill also needs a leap finisher or a whirl finisher. Revenant has some nice fields that it could utilize. For example if staff #3 was a whirl, you could use Mace #2, then swap to staff to shoot out fire bolts, then use staff #5 and leap through it for a fire aura —> more condis for a condi build.

Mace and Axe
-I really like the fast attack speed on the auto attack. The auto attack feels satisfying and strong.
-Skill #2 (Searing Fissure) is a really nice fire field and if people stand on it (you can make them stand on it if you use axe #5 to pull them, then #2 to rain fire on them. They’ll be CCed and will take most/full burns from #2. ) If people are mobile, though, it can be hard to lock them down with this skill. Perhaps it would be stronger if it applied something like 2 stacks of burning on initial hit, and then 1 stack per pulse?
-Skill #3 (Echoing Eruption) was very cool looking and really powerful imo. The addition of torment was brilliant. Also great to combo with axe #5. Also great to combo with #2 for might stacks. If you do axe #5 to pull everyone in, then #2 for burns as described above, then #3 for additional torment and might, the damage is real.
-Axe #4 (Frigid Blitz) - REALLY cool and fun skill. Allows you to stick to a target and just be super annoying and hard to escape. Definitively very fun to use and very useful.
- Axe #5 Temporal Rift - VERY cool/good skill, can be used defensively (to disrupt people who chase you, or disrupt enemy stomps). It can also be used to combo with many skills as described above. It can also be used to set up a nice combo with staff #5. Pull everyone in, then spin to win with staff #5 for some nice damage and extra CC. Also… torment <3

Overall, I felt condition Revenant damage was very nice in sPvP. It felt very strong in its ability (Mallyx+Shiro) to chase thieves and others across the map. It was extremely fun… but there are also some critiques.

YouTube Channel

in Revenant

MethaneGas.8357

Critiques:
-Lack of condi weapons – The lack of condi weapons forces you to be a hybrid, in a way. No other weapons besides mace and axe have damaging conditions on them, so you basically have to go hybrid (which includes carrion) to be able to deal at least SOME damage with your other weaponset (staff/hammer/swords – which are power). I think damaging conditions could easily be added into the other weapon sets (perhaps to staff #2? and/or staff #4?). However, I found that the power damage was decent with carrion and the conditions while using staff were sort of O.K. if you used Mallyx… but staff was still used almost (almost) exclusively for defense.

Lack of Swiftness
I noticed that Revenant had almost no access to swiftness so I had to use Traveler Runes. I think if Revenant is to be able to use other runes… it NEEDS to have swiftness from somewhere. Be it swiftness from traits, passive in-combat 25% movement speed from traits, or swiftness from certain skills or utilities. Either way, it needs it. Having to use Traveler Runs makes 95% of the other Runes inaccessible, imo.

Lack of stun breaks
I realize that using Invocation gives you access to 2 stun breaks (your legend swap) but come on.. you swap legends because you want the utilities, not because you want to have a stun break. It’s very cool (like Necro’s Foot in the Grave trait) but it’s not REALLY a stun break when you can’t use it whenever you want to (like normal stun breaks). The only stun breaks I had were legend swaps and Shiro’s Riposting Shadows. I also had stability on dodge. If I’m being completely honest, I sometimes felt like a ping-pong ball, and I think it was probably a l2p issue, but there does seem to be a lack of stun breaks. I’m not sure how this could be addressed though, because if every Legend had a stun break, then a Revenant would have the capability to have way too much resistance to CC (stability on dodge, stun break on legend swap, + a stun break from an utility on each legend. That would be 4 stun breaks + stability on dodge).

This is just the feedback on what I’ve tried (sPvP with celestial/carrion mace/axe + staff Revenant with Mallyx/Shiro). I had several people troll/bash me for “playing a trash class” but it felt far from trash. I had a complete blast playing it, and although there was MUCH to learn, it felt decently competitive even in ranked sPvP.

YouTube Channel

in Revenant

Posted by: Laurence.6751

Laurence.6751

Critiques:
-Lack of condi weapons – The lack of condi weapons forces you to be a hybrid, in a way. No other weapons besides mace and axe have damaging conditions on them, so you basically have to go hybrid (which includes carrion) to be able to deal at least SOME damage with your other weaponset (staff/hammer/swords – which are power). I think damaging conditions could easily be added into the other weapon sets (perhaps to staff #2? and/or staff #4?). However, I found that the power damage was decent with carrion and the conditions while using staff were sort of O.K. if you used Mallyx… but staff was still used almost (almost) exclusively for defense.

Lack of Swiftness
I noticed that Revenant had almost no access to swiftness so I had to use Traveler Runes. I think if Revenant is to be able to use other runes… it NEEDS to have swiftness from somewhere. Be it swiftness from traits, passive in-combat 25% movement speed from traits, or swiftness from certain skills or utilities. Either way, it needs it. Having to use Traveler Runs makes 95% of the other Runes inaccessible, imo.

Lack of stun breaks
I realize that using Invocation gives you access to 2 stun breaks (your legend swap) but come on.. you swap legends because you want the utilities, not because you want to have a stun break. It’s very cool (like Necro’s Foot in the Grave trait) but it’s not REALLY a stun break when you can’t use it whenever you want to (like normal stun breaks). The only stun breaks I had were legend swaps and Shiro’s Riposting Shadows. I also had stability on dodge. If I’m being completely honest, I sometimes felt like a ping-pong ball, and I think it was probably a l2p issue, but there does seem to be a lack of stun breaks. I’m not sure how this could be addressed though, because if every Legend had a stun break, then a Revenant would have the capability to have way too much resistance to CC (stability on dodge, stun break on legend swap, + a stun break from an utility on each legend. That would be 4 stun breaks + stability on dodge).

This is just the feedback on what I’ve tried (sPvP with celestial/carrion mace/axe + staff Revenant with Mallyx/Shiro). I had several people troll/bash me for “playing a trash class” but it felt far from trash. I had a complete blast playing it, and although there was MUCH to learn, it felt decently competitive even in ranked sPvP.

Agree on the “lack of condi weapons” statement; may add a main-hand or two-handed range condi weapon.

in Revenant

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

General: Give Rev in each legend 5 utilitys to choose from….so it’s in line with other professions (20 Skills) ans theres more variability in the builds.

So what would be the point of choosing 2 legends and so of having 20 utility skills at the same time? You basically want the same freedom of other classes plus the advantage of 2 custom skill sets.

The point of revenant is that you don’t pick your skills but just your legends with 2 skillsets set in stone. Because of this “handicap” you have a double number of skills to choose from during the fight, and so energy to avoid spam. It’s a chain you can’t break.

And what’s the matter with the NUMBER of skills? What really matters is the quality.
You can’t use all of them anyway.

That’s not what people are suggesting. The extra skills would still be exclusive to the legend but each legend would have more to pick from. So In assassin stance instead of only having those 3 you could have 2 others to swap. When you go into another stance you have a different set of utilities to pick from. No one is suggesting to make them all available to any legend.

in Revenant

Posted by: Mournilg.4870

Mournilg.4870

If we want the amount of skills to be faire, we should have EDIT : 5 (my bad forgot to change that) utilities by legend.
Like all other professions that gets 5 utilities of a given type (5×4 shouts, traps etc etc…)
The only thing that is not normal is having 4 elites where all other professions only have 3. (don’t count elite spec, wich means Rev too got one more elite)
I felt a little bit bad when i saw the skill panel as a revenant the first time…

Attachments:

(edited by Mournilg.4870)

in Revenant

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

To bring revenant on par with other classes he needs 5 utility per legend 4×5=20. I dont think we should be looking at elite skills for other classes as they will come eventually, espesially after specialization changes when all of them got a category.

obey me

in Revenant

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

@Killyox.3950
And you play because it’s “different”. You no better than me.

Thief spam too and have initiatives so your argument about “they have no energy cuz they spam #3 from s/s” is invalid. Did you ever try something different than shiro s/s and mallyx?

I never said I am better than you. Or worse for that matter.

I just said the theme and flavour of Rev suits me so it fits my tastes. It doesn’t fit your tastes apparently so why force change it to something it is not designed/intended to be ?

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

To bring revenant on par with other classes he needs 5 utility per legend 4×5=20. I dont think we should be looking at elite skills for other classes as they will come eventually, espesially after specialization changes when all of them got a category.

Oh come on. Quality>quantity

in Revenant

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

But they’re not quality. Not for each type of game play. Some are useful in some parts of the game but useless in others.

in Revenant

Posted by: Loex.5104

Loex.5104

But they’re not quality. Not for each type of game play. Some are useful in some parts of the game but useless in others.

^this – utils can never be useful in EVERY Situation thats clear – but without at least a little choice you always run around with multiple utils you actually dont want to have and also dont use

i dont need a displacement on tequatl and no Ventari shield if my foes dont shoot projectiles

in Revenant

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

On top of all that, that info graphic Anet put out awhile back said that 80% of players DID NOT SWAP UTILITIES AT ALL, EVER, NEVER. That’s why, I’m sure, the Rev’s utility setup was approved.

I think Revenant should have NO COOLDOWNS whatsoever.
For a class based around an energy system, cooldowns seem like a timid way of balancing it.
The energy cost of everything should be balanced around no cooldowns, even heals and legend swapping. Personally i think this would open up a much more fluid gameplay and make the class truely diverse.
Do you burn all your energy on dps or manage it efficiently for sustain and healing.

For eg. Heals could cost a full 100% energy but the no cooldown would offset this (numbers would have to be balanced around this)

Swapping legends could still revert you to 50% energy so no heal spamming would be possible but you’d never feel locked into just auto attacking (and swapping legends should reward the decision to do so)

Balance the energy numbers and i don’t see how this would be impossible to do.

Also
Add a 1/2 second evade on crit to sword 3
Keep auto attacks weak but each should restore more energy

I think that keeping auto attacks weak but restoring energy would go a long way… and some evade on #3 would be nice too.

My impressions after the BWE:

Swords:
-Unrelenting assault needs one of three things: 1 evasion, 2 a damage increase, or 3, the possibility to cancel the skill by moving. Right now it’s just too risky to use for what you get in return.
Agreed.

-All around damage is too low. This was presented as the damage dealing set of a dps focused legend (Shiro). I expected this to be on par with other professions top dps builds. In fact, I thought Revenant’s damage should be even higher, considered that the whole profession gives up variety to fully specialize on the role.
Agreed

Energy mechanic
-Still not the best. Weapon skills use too much of it, same with utilities.
-A cooldown for weapon skills is enough, no need for an energy cost on top of that.
-Give a way to increase energy regeneration speed/reduce energy costs through traits.
Agreed

Traits/Skills
-The class needs more cheap and instant stun breakers (obviously on cd), or stun breaking passives.
I’m not saying that every Legend should have one, but being forced to take the Invocation line just to have it removes customization options. Also having to swap Legends to break stuns is not the best, in my opinion :P

Class as a whole
-Legends feel too…stand alone. We use 2 of them but it’s really hard to have them fit together.
-Still lacks damage
-Energy and Endurance regeneration options are severely lacking.
-If we can’t customize our utilities, every single one of them has to be good and adaptable to multiple builds, right now it is not the case.
-Revenant feels too squishy for a heavy armor profession, especially if you spec for damage. I created different beta professions to check this (same armor stats and runes, dps build and all) and Revenant felt less powerful and frail in comparison, even in the original GW2 zones.

Overall agreed with this post.

I felt like Sword, though incomplete, was great fun. The animations are stylish and I definitely had a blast zipping through mobs as Shiro. It desperately needs an evade, and a fix on the block, but other than that, great fun.

*The healing skill needs it’s ICD removed. That’s my only gripe. *

Hammer’s nice and strong, and Jalis’ utility saved my life more than once. His elite, though slow, gave me just enough of an edge in a few close fights to come out on top.

Shiro’s utilities, I love them to bits. Phase Traversal is tons of fun to spam, and Impossible Odds just helps me melt things, as well as being a useful tool for just running around and exploring. I spam his elite as much as possible in big fights, and it usually ends up turning the tables in my favor. .

The heal really is, in the full sense of the word, terrible and the only thing I actually hate about the Rev now.

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

in Revenant

Posted by: NeroBoron.7285

NeroBoron.7285

Major Problem:
Each legend and weapon set suppose to fit one role and doesnt synergize well with others. For example what if I want to play a condition build? But which weapons should I pick since only Mace and Axe provide condition weapons? Also which other legend should I pick cause all other legends dont fit into playing a condition build.

Yes, I played Mallyx and Shiro with Mace/Sword and Sword/Axe, was a lot of fun because of the mobility. But i duelled with friends of my roaming/pvp guild a lot. and you dont have good chances even not after training with it for hours. They could conter me so easily.

Same for trying to play a burst build. S/S was way to weak for it, also you cant synergize it well with other legends or weapons. There would be Jalis and the Hammer. But the attacks are from the burst type. Not even a good pressure. Since they can be dodges so easily.

(Btw since the traitlines are focused on the legend so there is the same problem as well)
Stuff that I currently would like to see changed:
- nearly every direct dmg weapon still needs a small dmg buff
- S/S needs a lot more dmg at all. i thought this should be a set for burst dmg?!
- Unrelenting Assault. First at all it should be an evade! you can be easily killed for example by just get shattered during that skill. Second if you hit multiple people the dmg is splitted. urgh just no how should we pick somebody out with that skill when he has friends nearby
- What about condi remove? Some legends provide some others not. If you had at least some traits which would provide it :/ When fighting vs a condition class switching away from mallyx felt like an instant dead :/
- Skill Pools please to provide more build variety!!! (for example 2 heal skills, 5 utility skills, 2 elite skills per legend)
- Ventari and staff felt so useless, to stationary. supporting with cele engi or cele ele feels way better
- Hammer attacks are still sooo slow you can dodge them so easily
- Rework Phase Smash: Port to the location after that you have 2-5 seconds to use it again to port back, else you will remain at that location
- Add more damage dealing conditions to other weapons at least on one or two skills per weapon so they synergize better
- Add burst dmg options for other weapons sets
- Also the energy management didnt felt good to me. some skills take to much engery from you. maybe remove engery draining from weapon skills and increase the cooldown of them. or provide some options to regain energy faster
- A 2nd ranged weapon
- more swiftness options

(edited by NeroBoron.7285)

in Revenant

Posted by: NeroBoron.7285

NeroBoron.7285

Btw do you guys work together with / asked the people who participate in the tournement series? I guess they could provide really good feedback of the revenants pvp balance

in Revenant

Posted by: pantsburgh.4902

pantsburgh.4902

Roy,

+1 to this. There are lots of little things needed like balancing numbers and adding a swiftness source, but this is the one big thing that needs to be addressed.

in Revenant

Posted by: Avador.8934

Avador.8934

Roy,

+1 to this. There are lots of little things needed like balancing numbers and adding a swiftness source, but this is the one big thing that needs to be addressed.

Yeah, I hope someone will read this. They really should add 2 more utilities per legend, then Rev will have the same number of them as other classes and the problem with lack of customization will be solved completely.

I am lazy to write it over and over. So sorry for my English.

in Revenant

Posted by: Avador.8934

Avador.8934

As I posted here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/revenant/Revenant-changes-wishlist/first#post5376128 I think these changes will solve almost every problem Rev currently has:

My Revenant changes wishlist:

General

• Add 2 more utilities to each legend (The most important thing to me).

Sword MH + OH

• skill 2: Increase dmg a lot and radius.
  • skill 3: Make it evade during attack.
  • skill 5: Decrease energy cost to 10.

Mace

• skill 2: Make it deal 2 stacks of burning instead of 1.

Axe

• skill 5: Increase radius a little.

Staff

• skill 2: Instead of using skill, enemy just need to be struck to unlock 2nd skill.
  • skill 5: Make it also evade during attack

Hammer

• skill 3: Make it evade during attack. (Maybe give it a 2nd skill that can be activated during channeling this skill, which causes you to stay in targeted location instead of returning. Not sure if that wouldn’t be op)

Jalis

• Forced Engagement: Decrease energy cost to 30.
  • Vengeful Hammers: Give it a chance to destroy projectiles while active. (30% chance maybe?)
  • Rite of the Great Dwarf (elite): Make it 1 sec casting time. Also grants retalation.

Ventari

• Ventari’s Will ( healing 2nd skill): Make it instant cast.
  • Energy Expulsion: Make it 1 sec casting time.

Shiro

• Enchanted Daggers(Heal skill): Remove or decrease icd of daggers. Increase initial heal a little.
  • Impossible Odds: Decrease upkeep energy cost to 8.

Mallyx

• No changes needed.

Traits

• No changes needed.

Also for my 1st wish (2 more utilities per legend), there are some ideas:
Jalis

• 1. skill – Block next 2 attacks, gain protection when expires.
  • 2. skill – Summon dwarf ghost from the mists to attack your target. (Upkeep skill)

Mallyx

• 1. skill – Enchant your weapon with Mallyx’s power, your next few attacks with that weapon inflict randomly torment, poison or bleeding.
  • 2. skill – Teleport to target location, cripple nearby foes and inflict stack of bleeding on them for each type of condition you have.

Ventari

• 1. skill – Summon energy barrier around the tablet for a few seconds, foes cannot cross the energy borders. (Similar to guard’s wards or ele earth staff 4)
  • 2. skill – Give regeneration to allies and blind foes near tablet.

Shiro

• 1. skill – Grants swiftness, your and your allies next attack deal 25% more damage.
  • 2. skill – Remove conditions, damaging nearby foes. Damage incerases per condition removed.
I am lazy to write it over and over. So sorry for my English.

(edited by Avador.8934)

in Revenant

Posted by: xLiveLucidx.5071

xLiveLucidx.5071

I’m so excited we have a dedicated healer option in the Ventari legendary stance! It’s something I’ve felt has had a place in GW2 since launch, and it’s proving it’s potential in the beta already.
That being said, as I got hands on with Ventari I couldn’t help feeling that the gameplay while challenging and rewarding, wasn’t smooth enough. Upon switching into Ventari stance using skill #6 to summon the tablet felt slow. Not having access to utility skills immediately on legend swap is going to punish players in those heart pounding moments in wvw, pvp and group content we love in GW2. Too many times a reflect, condi cleanse or emergency knock back on an instant’s notice could have saved my butt!
Moving and placing the tablet was the most challenging mechanic while playing the revenant for me. I love the idea of creating an “ambulance” vis a vis the tablet, however just as with summoning there will be moments when that extra second or 2 it takes for the tablet to travel to the party will mean success or wipe.
Perhaps upon legend swap into ventari the tablet could auto summon on the revenant with utilities available immediately. I think it would be more reliable in the high pressure environment of combat in GW2 this way. As for the movement of the tablet, I’d like to see a major speed increase, or maybe the skill could become a ground-target ability that heals in a radius (same as the current tablet radius) on summon. The revenant could tear a rift in the mists at the tablet’s location vanishing it, the rift could then reopen at the new ground-targeted location summoning the tablet again for an instant aoe heal and field.
Ventari is a real bro, thanks for all the hard work ANet :-)

in Revenant

Posted by: Yoru.2687

Yoru.2687

Yay I finally got to play the Revenant! It was fun but the class has some mayor flaws:

-The legend swapping mechanic doesnt work : each legend is catering to a specific build and gear set and whilst you can argue, that you can at least change the builds utilies when you swap legends, you cant swap equipment. In the end you are always just playing 1 legend with the second as utility back up. I dont think that is how the class was meant to be.
- Despite the fact that the revenant can change its intire skillbar during a fight, it still feels really rigid : you can swap weapons and legends, but you cant choose your own utilities meaning that you are forced into the builds mentioned above.
- The Revenants weapons are all very clearly trimmed to each fit a spesific Legend. There isnt any real choice for the player here.
- The skills still need some balencing : right now it feels like you are just left spamming auto attack whilst waiting for your energy to replenish.

I would really like to see all the points metioned above adressed and I hope that the Rev will still go through some mayor changes untill HoT is released.

Commander Atila Noon [GDA]
Amber Wurm is best Wurm <3

in Revenant

Posted by: Aegrahm.4952

Aegrahm.4952

Really loving the useful feedback here! I agree with a lot of what people have said. That said, here are my two cents on Revenant traits:

In general, weapons feel too tied down to one specific legend and trait line. Or, to put it another way, what if I want to use staff but don’t want to trait for Ventari to get the one staff-specific trait?

I’d really like to see some more generalized weapon/situation based traits; for instance, a trait based on wielding two-handed weapons to support a staff/hammer build. Anet has done a great job with a number of classes on building trait synergy across multiple trait lines using different weapons, and I hope to see that here.

Also, I notice a lot of clamor for adding another utility skill (or two) to each legend. While that is a nice thought,I’m not sure that will happen. However, perhaps they could have two versions of the same utility for each legend? You could have versions that reduce the range but up the damage, or swap out a condition for another one. This way, you don’t have to create brand new skills and Revenant players can still get a little bit of customization in their utilities. These should not feel like totally different skills and should do roughly the same thing – for instance, instead of a straight heal, opting for stacks of regeneration.

I love the Rev, and can’t wait to see it in all its polished glory