Glint facet bug?

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

This is a pretty large issue and it hasn’t even been acknowledged. Just 2 posts in the bug forum just moved to a merged topic with other bugs

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Henkasaur.4531

Henkasaur.4531

I am having the same issue constantly, happens around every 1-5 minutes where all facets will turn off even at 50% upkeep.

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Icdan Sevaen.4628

Icdan Sevaen.4628

Henka, are you by any chance moving in zones that will change your downleveled level?

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Henkasaur.4531

Just to add, this bug was introduced after the latest patch.

Legendary Dragon Stance: Fixed a bug so that active facets, besides Facet of Nature, will now immediately be removed when the player invokes another legend.

That probably introduced it.

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

These issues have been noticed since HoT launched, not just the more recent patches. It seemed random at first, and to have gotten worse, but that’s more anecdotal than anything.

Also the reason you might see it cancel while in combat, is that your ‘effective level’ can change while in combat.

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Rhovanion.8234

Rhovanion.8234

I honestly never notice this issue till now, its going to the point where I have to reactivate my facets every 30sec or so, really irritating.
whether I’m out of combat or in combat.

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: CSRevenant.9037

CSRevenant.9037

It also occurs in Gendarran Fields, when you cross over the bridge that goes between Applenook Hamlet and Almuten WP .

80 everything

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Henkasaur.4531

@Icdan, it is in zones where I am downleveled, yes.

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Can we fix this glint facets deactivating bug please? I’ll have 3 active which does NOT drain your energy, but any time I jump maps or use a wp my facets turn off. It’s really annoying. It never did this in beta so I’m not sure why it’s happening now.

Not to mention the Jalis vengeful hammer thing where they stop working even when fighting mobs or champs (not even around walls). Though this is a totally different bug….

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Thandrophir.9247

Thandrophir.9247

I just wanted to add my voice to this thread as well – this bug happens constantly as I’m running around doing world completion on my Herald.

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: tuck.2719

tuck.2719

I’ve seen this running around open world areas. For example, running through Lornar’s Pass with Light, Elements, and Nature enable (net positive upkeep of +1) I see Light and Elements deactivate and have to be reapplied occasionally (note that Nature does NOT do this). This is out of combat (I haven’t yet noticed whether it happens in combat as well).

Edit:

Further experimenting seems to tie it to moving into or out of the area of an available heart. I can consistently get facets to disable by crossing this “line” (at the dolyak farm heart just south of the Durmand Priory).

Further edit:

While hearts seem to trigger it (or at least some hearts but not all), that doesn’t seem to be the only cause. Running up or down the west staircase at the Durmand Priory will also do it.

(edited by tuck.2719)

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Gdb.3492

Gdb.3492

Same here, I was running around the map, sure that I had the 3 facets activated, they were not. In my case they disappear as I pass by a new area or a waypoint.

(edited by Gdb.3492)

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Goldenrevolver.4371

Goldenrevolver.4371

yes this is a really annoying bug i encountered way too often during map completion. as it was said before my suspicion is also that when your downleveled level changes they get reset.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

not sure if related but my utility buff (sharpening stone) kept randomly being cleared during playtime yesterday

downed state is bad for PVP

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: tuck.2719

tuck.2719

Ah, I see it now. I read some other places and I think have confirmed for myself that it’s related to (caused by) effective level changes, which is the reason you don’t see it in level 80 maps (such as the new ones) or cities.

Seems to be every time your effective level changes.

(edited by tuck.2719)

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

Just confirming what others have observed. When I’m in a level 80 area like Verdant Brink I don’t see the issue. But when I’m down-leveled in one of the core Tyria areas and working on map completion the facets shut themselves off all the time.

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Just confirming what others have observed. When I’m in a level 80 area like Verdant Brink I don’t see the issue. But when I’m down-leveled in one of the core Tyria areas and working on map completion the facets shut themselves off all the time.

I can confirm as well. While I was gathering Hero Points on my Herald in Verdant Brink and Auric Basin all my facets stayed on (unless I ran out of energy ofcourse).

Then I figured I’d gather some Hero Points in the Human and Sylvari starting areas and all my facets kept shutting themselves off every time my character was transitioning through areas where my level was dynamically adjusted.

I’m really hoping this will be fixed soon as I like the Herald’s facets (especially the perma-swiftness while exploring) but it is getting beyond annoying having to reactivate them every few hundred meters in every zone under level 80.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

This would happen while exploring.

I’d uncover a new part of the map and my facets would deactivate. No combat. All I can think is it deactivates when your scaled level goes up/down.

Also hate the fact Glint is completely unusable underwater is just one of the biggest oversights on this new profession.

Kitten.

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

So, my own experimenting of this issue has resulted in the following:

• It affects every upkeep skill, except Facet of Nature and (for some reason) Protective Solace.
  • It occurs when moving to new areas of a zone, specifically, it occurs whenever your character’s effective level changes because of downleveling.
    • This is why this bug for the most part only seems to occur in Central Tyria; if the area you are leaving and the area you are entering has the same and/or no downleveling, upkeeps are not removed.

Hopefully we won’t always have to deal with this “feature” whenever we are in low level zones, as having to constantly reapply upkeeps gets pretty tedious after a while.

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: King Slacker.1843

King Slacker.1843

100% repeatable at this spot on the Harathi map. Have any facet(s) active, walk a few steps into the cave, facets deactivate by themselves.

Attachments:

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

Just bumping to keep on first page and hope a dev can see and fix this major bug

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Ferziel.2506

Ferziel.2506

I hope … at least … it will be fix in this week

not to mention

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/revenant/Revenant-bug-list/first#post5690565

this “short” bug list

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Naevius.3185

Naevius.3185

Very funny in Sparkfly Fen – as you move from one side of the lab defense to the other, it deactivates your facets. o.O

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

UPDATE: Doesn’t happen to me in HOT, only in Central Tyria content.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Ailment.8591

Ailment.8591

I originally thought this bug was related to discovering new zones/switching from one ‘area’ to the next. But as others have pointed out, definitely seems to be related to level scaling.

It’s mildly annoying at best and frustrating at it’s worst in central Tyria when you notice it happening though, especially in the middle of a conflict.

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

The bug where facets wouldn’t quit right away upon legend swap was fixed 10/29/15 but appears to have been reintroduced on 11/4/15 when the glint facet bug was fixed.

(edited by Orion Templar.4589)

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: KiritoBR.9783

KiritoBR.9783

i noticed that… when you are walking on a map that changes your max level… the utilities skills got disabled when your stats change… but i didnt had that problem on maps that are all level 80

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

I am having this issue recently in spvp and its getting extremely annoying, as it puts the facets on a 3 sec cd when deactivating them. It has actually gotten me killed a few times as i went to activate the facet heal, or reveal a stealth only to find i couldn’t, and there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why this is happening, as it happens at completely random times.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

I am having this issue recently in spvp and its getting extremely annoying, as it puts the facets on a 3 sec cd when deactivating them. It has actually gotten me killed a few times as i went to activate the facet heal, or reveal a stealth only to find i couldn’t, and there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why this is happening, as it happens at completely random times.

That sounds more like running out of energy, as that will put them on the interrupt cooldown, and sPvP doesn’t have the level change that is triggering this issue.

Edit: This isn’t to say there may not be an issue in sPvP that is causing it, I do not know.

(edited by Lunacy Solacio.6514)

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Faethor.2980

Faethor.2980

Also happens in WvW, I’m currently in the green spawn area in Eternal Battlegrounds and no facet lasts linger than 2 seconds before switching itself off with no CD.

The Quans – PvX Family Crew

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Karma.3064

Karma.3064

I notice this bug happens sometimes right after you get done swimming and are walking on dry land. Most of the time you can fix it by swapping to your other stance and then back again.

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: SigmaOfApeiron.8397

SigmaOfApeiron.8397

I’d like to confirm this has been happening to me in WvW more specifically in EB(Not sure about Desert BLs). It seems to work fine inside the keep but as soon as I leave the keep I have issues.
This happens in combat as well, which makes it pretty much unplayable..

Here’s a video showcasing the bug, and sorry in advance for the low quality, I forgot to configure OBS

(edited by SigmaOfApeiron.8397)

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

It happens very often. I change to dragon, press any stance skill and it cancels itself. If i change stance and switch back it works again

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Not sure if there is water in the new WvW map, but it sounds like you went underwater. Change your underwater legends to Shiro/Mallyx and this won’t happen anymore.

I have had this happen on rare occasion after using a waypoint, though (not sure on the exact sequence that causes it), which might be the case here. A legend swap should fix it.

Also happens in WvW, I’m currently in the green spawn area in Eternal Battlegrounds and no facet lasts linger than 2 seconds before switching itself off with no CD.

It happens very often. I change to dragon, press any stance skill and it cancels itself. If i change stance and switch back it works again

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: ehjhey.1894

ehjhey.1894

This also happened to me after leaving water in EB yesterday. Facets literally wouldn’t stay on for more than 2 seconds. It was like trying to light a damp match.

(Henceforth this bug shall be known as the “damp match bug”)

Issue fixed once I switched stances though

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Ereiz.2174

Ereiz.2174

Fix is to change uw glint to other stance and facet bug wont bother you anymore.

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

This also happened to me after leaving water in EB yesterday. Facets literally wouldn’t stay on for more than 2 seconds. It was like trying to light a damp match.

(Henceforth this bug shall be known as the “damp match bug”)

Issue fixed once I switched stances though

This happened to me, it only goes away if I switch to another legend and back again. Very annoying.

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

That happens if somehow the legend stance buff is removed(it shouldn’t be) as it’s used to help control the upkeep skills. Is this any adventure or just specific ones? More information would be useful.

Roy, really simple to recreate bug.

1. On land, enter Glint stance.
2. Enter water – your legend will automatically switch to something else (or blank if you don’t have one chosen yet).
3. Leave water and you return to Glint stance.
-When you activate any Facet when you come out of water in Glint, they will immediately shut off by the next pulse of the Facet-

Workaround fix, switch your stance to your other option on land. And then switch back to Glint. It will be fixed and Facets will again remain on. The workaround issue is Legend swap still has a 10s cooldown even when out of combat.

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Roy, really simple to recreate bug.

1. On land, enter Glint stance.
2. Enter water – your legend will automatically switch to something else (or blank if you don’t have one chosen yet).
3. Leave water and you return to Glint stance.
-When you activate any Facet when you come out of water in Glint, they will immediately shut off by the next pulse of the Facet-

Workaround fix, switch your stance to your other option on land. And then switch back to Glint. It will be fixed and Facets will again remain on. The workaround issue is Legend swap still has a 10s cooldown even when out of combat.

No, the problem is that you have Glint selected underwater still and it no longer works. The workaround is to select Shiro and Mallyx as your underwater legends.

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Sully.9453

Sully.9453

Anyone elses facets turning off in WvW?

Keltina – Necromancer | Hoctar – Revenant
[DAWN] First Light Gaming – Blackgate

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Godric.5649

Godric.5649

I noticed during our guild puzzle that if other revenants were around and we all had the speed buff on and it hit 30 seconds of swiftness our facets would turn off and go off almost instantly after turning them back on.

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: CodenameZeus.3945

CodenameZeus.3945

Yeah, i noticed the bug while i was in the swampland fractal
I am able to reproduce this 100% now.

It went as follow:
Make sure you have glint equipped on both land and underwater sets.

Enable the facets while on land.
Then go into water so you get your underwater loadout.
Go back to land, now your facets will keep disabling themselves.