Hammer Rev Damage Needs Nerf

in Revenant

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

The only point why the hammer is one of the most effective range weapons is that nothing on the weapon is a projectile except the AA.
Ranger LB can do waaaaaaaay more dmg, like 12k AA but all of tge attacks are projectiles.
Rev hammer isnt countered by reflects. Its countered through movement.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

in Revenant

Posted by: dusanyu.4057

dusanyu.4057

rev does not need nerfs it needs buffs

in Revenant

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

OMG, haven’t been here in ages. People are STILL crying about hammer revs? Seriously? Revs do not need any more nerfs people.

in Revenant

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I’m so sick of getting hit with 15k CoR and 6k Hammer Bolts that revenants spam out. All they do is press 1 and 2 and you cannot get to them because you die before gap closing.

Have you tried projectile defense or dodging?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Revenant

Posted by: Lazeris.1725

Lazeris.1725

I mean Rev is a pretty bad class as is. This class got stuck as a boon support side-kick DPS and fails to excel as a true damage dealer other than hammer 2.

So i’m not sure how many more nerfs rev can take without being relegated to an even more support / ignored role.

in Revenant

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I mean Rev is a pretty bad class as is. This class got stuck as a boon support side-kick DPS and fails to excel as a true damage dealer other than hammer 2.

So i’m not sure how many more nerfs rev can take without being relegated to an even more support / ignored role.

For PvE maybe but that’s going to happen to literally anything that isn’t at the top of the damage or utility charts. It’s the whole “Berserker meta” BS complaint which is impossible to fix because it’s not caused by an imbalance but people optimizing.

The class is very much alive in WvW. In my solo endeavors I’ve come across a lot of good revenants who are very difficult to take down; a number of which I’ve been unable to.

I’d really like to see where these claims about ranger 12k autos are coming from, though. Even a 12k RF is high.

in Revenant

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I’d really like to see where these claims about ranger 12k autos are coming from, though. Even a 12k RF is high.

Hammer rev in respects to CoR, much like most of rev, needs a re-design. Numbers changes won’t fix hammer because it’s terrible in the 1v1.

That said, Hammer Bolt does need a nerf of some kind to its damage. This shouldn’t happen against an ascended/maxed medium player with an AA from 1500 away. As you can see the rest of the damage I was taking was totally normal so it’s not like I was missing armor or anything to be deceptive on the screen. I’m a ridiculously durable thief as well with +8k health; That AA would have likely one-shotted an exotic-wearing thief in non-toughness/vit gear.

I guess ranger longbow must be op too because there is a build that can put out 10k AA.

I can honestly say I have never seen this, nor when I was playing my own power ranger build (pumping out as much damage while camping LB), My AA’kitten maybe ~5-6k tops when I crit. This is one of those “unless you show me the build in action, I can’t believe it”.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Bearbow-in-WvW/first#post6652601

https://youtu.be/pMBGUD16I-Y

in Revenant

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Rev does a alot of damage if builted right, ive seen 20k to zerkers, and 10k-15k to tanky builds… and add some more 2-4k from flame blast proc sigil on autos alone… its alot of aoe/cleave damage…

Still the output damage(current easy achievable power creep trough condi or raw) is not the only problem:

As much Anet needs to reduce the overall aoes/cleave spams at least from auto atacks, more some AOE gorund skills need better animation to be noticeable, players with graphics maxed it is like looking directly to a flashligh, if reduced some skills are not much noticeable due animation gets motsly invisble…its stupid….. what is the point?
The game would be less laggy more balanced… at least with AA’s not cleaving with exception a few weapons like ele staff and necros, and lootstick for guards.

When theres to much skills being spammed CoR and some other skills are the least one to get rendered or are just noticeable by the values apearing on the combat console and health magically drops out of no where, “oh i lost arround 10k must be a cor rev, let me look to the console to see what is happening to me….”

rendering priorities to avoid huge fps drops? seriously it feels like it….. and CoR needs to be a priority to be rendered…

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in Revenant

Justine.6351

Rev does a alot of damage if builted right, ive seen 20k to zerkers, and 10k-15k to tanky builds… and add some more 2-4k from flame blast proc sigil on autos alone… its alot of aoe/cleave damage…

Still the output damage(current easy achievable power creep trough condi or raw) is not the only problem:

As much Anet needs to reduce the overall aoes/cleave spams at least from auto atacks, more some AOE gorund skills need better animation to be noticeable, players with graphics maxed it is like looking directly to a flashligh, if reduced some skills are not much noticeable due animation gets motsly invisble…its stupid….. what is the point?
The game would be less laggy more balanced… at least with AA’s not cleaving with exception a few weapons like ele staff and necros, and lootstick for guards.

When theres to much skills being spammed CoR and some other skills are the least one to get rendered or are just noticeable by the values apearing on the combat console and health magically drops out of no where, “oh i lost arround 10k must be a cor rev, let me look to the console to see what is happening to me….”

rendering priorities to avoid huge fps drops? seriously it feels like it….. and CoR needs to be a priority to be rendered…

CoR needs like 10sec recharge 15e cost. An animation for the ground cascade would be good too. But they also need to clean up the skills attack so it isn’t constantly failing.

in Revenant

Aeolus.3615

I kinda agree CoR getting up to a 10+ seccond CD, but that high CD only aplyes to defensive skills ANet would never do it… (guardian mace/shield/staff skills have falled behind overall and they have higher CD, than high damage skills).. wich is a bit part of the unbalance and make player being carried with the spamming rather then know when to burst or atack target.

IMO a good change would be SWAP skills from bar, Revs hammer auto atacks are actually quite strong so :
Would swap Drop the hammer 6-8 seconds since it would help with the KD as skill 2 and make CoR 15-18 seconds CD as the 5th skill for hammer.

As for energy management i would stay with the same e-management, probably Drop the hammer would recover 1e for each KD foe, i think that would helpmore usage of utilities than players keep spaming the same key all over again.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in Revenant

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

???

There is already a very obvious animation for the ground cascade. And no, it certainly does not need a longer recharge or energy cost.

in Revenant

Justine.6351

???

There is already a very obvious animation for the ground cascade. And no, it certainly does not need a longer recharge or energy cost.

It could be more obvious with taller animation on the ground. Right now there isn’t a reason to not cast CoR on recharge. I play a lot of Hammer rev, I’d wrather CoR have more animation, double recharge and triple cost than its damage gutted. With of coarse an improvement to its cascade attack, that frequently fails, as a compromise.

in Revenant

Carighan.6758

An animation for the ground cascade would be good too.

This confuses me. There is an animation. A very obvious one, too.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Revenant

Aeolus.3615

An animation for the ground cascade would be good too.

This confuses me. There is an animation. A very obvious one, too.

Sometimes on WvW animation wont show due the ammount of gaphicall clutter being loaded.
Reason why i play with combat log to controll what is hitting me and i dont see.

u know u lost 7k-10k form a rev hammer skill cause u have it on combat log

in Revenant

Carighan.6758

Yeah but fx-overload is a general problem of the game, not one specific to CoR.

in Revenant

Posted by: MMOStein.3872

MMOStein.3872

Just because you die to something, doesn’t mean its OP. You WILL occasionally die to every build in this game, ever. Sometimes your fate is sealed, sometimes you get outplayed, sometimes it really is just BS. Accept it. You are not supposed to literally beat every class 100% of the time, that is just a probabilistic impossibility. People need to learn to take losses and not cry for nerfs every time you actually die to class you don’t like or THINK is easy, therefore they deserve to be trash tier.

Now understand what Hammer actually does in wvw. It’s simple. Hammer rev is a ZERG spec, it is SUPPOSED to shine in the fog of chaos and madness. This weapon is meant to help shred apart poor zerg groups through sheer, but consistent spike damage. It is ranged weapon with VERY slow, and VERY telegraphed animations, and to make up for this, it has a long range with high potential damage that cannot be as easily mitigated. In a game where literally everyone is spamming all sorts of mitigation and reflects, it is critical that at least one class has access to simple, but heavy POWER aoe that cannot be easily mitigated to help break stalemates and attrition. Having a couple dedicated backline hammer revs in your party will put a signifigant toll on enemy zergs.

If your front line if full of zerkerlords (not surprised if it is bc all people do is spam glass builds anyway) Then a couple of power revs will quickly shatter your formation. I cannot tell you how many times I walked onto the battlefield and single handedly changed the flow of the battle into our favor because the enemy zerg either lost the plot or had no little sustain or tanks to counter my additional damage.

The only thing I really agree with is making CoR a priority to render in because it is a frequent/high damage source that cannot be easily mitigated, its probably something people should see. But anything else? No, are you kidding me?? Revenant has already been nerfed to the ground so hard its not even funny. Hammer has ALREADY been nerfed and people STILL want more nerfs, because god forbid you die from an already slow, clunky, ranged weapon in this game. Unbelievable.

If you die from a hammer rev in 1v1…..just git gud. Seriously. This should rarely happen….because no one plays rev to roam/1v1 with hammer to begin with, this is not what this weapon is for.

in Revenant

Justine.6351

Just because you die to something, doesn’t mean its OP. You WILL occasionally die to every build in this game, ever. Sometimes your fate is sealed, sometimes you get outplayed, sometimes it really is just BS. Accept it. You are not supposed to literally beat every class 100% of the time, that is just a probabilistic impossibility. People need to learn to take losses and not cry for nerfs every time you actually die to class you don’t like or THINK is easy, therefore they deserve to be trash tier.

Now understand what Hammer actually does in wvw. It’s simple. Hammer rev is a ZERG spec, it is SUPPOSED to shine in the fog of chaos and madness. This weapon is meant to help shred apart poor zerg groups through sheer, but consistent spike damage. It is ranged weapon with VERY slow, and VERY telegraphed animations, and to make up for this, it has a long range with high potential damage that cannot be as easily mitigated. In a game where literally everyone is spamming all sorts of mitigation and reflects, it is critical that at least one class has access to simple, but heavy POWER aoe that cannot be easily mitigated to help break stalemates and attrition. Having a couple dedicated backline hammer revs in your party will put a signifigant toll on enemy zergs.

If your front line if full of zerkerlords (not surprised if it is bc all people do is spam glass builds anyway) Then a couple of power revs will quickly shatter your formation. I cannot tell you how many times I walked onto the battlefield and single handedly changed the flow of the battle into our favor because the enemy zerg either lost the plot or had no little sustain or tanks to counter my additional damage.

The only thing I really agree with is making CoR a priority to render in because it is a frequent/high damage source that cannot be easily mitigated, its probably something people should see. But anything else? No, are you kidding me?? Revenant has already been nerfed to the ground so hard its not even funny. Hammer has ALREADY been nerfed and people STILL want more nerfs, because god forbid you die from an already slow, clunky, ranged weapon in this game. Unbelievable.

If you die from a hammer rev in 1v1…..just git gud. Seriously. This should rarely happen….because no one plays rev to roam/1v1 with hammer to begin with, this is not what this weapon is for.

lol

in Revenant

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

lol

He’s not wrong though :I
You have very rare ( very, very rare)cases of a rev being good 1 v 1 with hammer, but honestly, if you die to a 1 v 1 power rev with hammer you should re-evaluate your life and class choice

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg