Hammer Timers....

Hammer Timers....

in Revenant

Posted by: Luclinraider.2317

Luclinraider.2317

Is it me or do the Hammer weapon set timers seem off?

I love the hammers move set. I seem to be the only person using it as the primary over Sword.

Although I can see some people concerns….there are some issues.

I think auto attack on a 1 sec timer is kinda absurd. Considering there are people out there who can get 3 auto attacks in to my one is dumb. Also, the #5 wind up is Waaay to long. Finally, there are bugs with the #2 skill….if they are in certain areas Vertically from you, like standing on a small incline/decline…this move just does nothing….it misses completely, even though they are in it.

Hammer:

1 CD reduced to 0.75

2 Fix the hit parameters for it.

3 Fine…..Fix the camera bug. (For those of you who have never encountered this, your camera kinda goes even more 3rd person while your character jumps into this animation. Rather often your camera gets stuck in this mode, making your character uncontrollable and unmovable until you can use the move again to reset the camera. It also happens sometimes on the sword #3)

4 Should be on a toggle that drains a certain amount of energy. It’s very lackluster and pretty much pointless aside from Rapid Fire. I basically use it for Life-steal on auto attacks. Given that it does so little in actual play, it should be maintainable.

5 Great skill…but it’s cast time is absurd. People can literally walk out of it…..and I do mean walk…not roll or dodge….walk. The cast time on this should really be 1 second….1.25 at the most.

Hammer Timers....

in Revenant

Posted by: Demented Yak.6105

Demented Yak.6105

Hammer auto is fine. It’s exactly as fast and as strong as it needs to be.

Hammer 2 bugs can be annoying.

Never had any issues with camera for hammer 3 or UA but ok.

Hammer 4 is fine. I find it very useful.

Not really worth casting hammer 5 unless you’re attacking a large group from far away or you’re stopping a res/stomp. I agree. It should be 1.25s cast even if there has to be a delay between the cast and the actual hit.

Hammer Timers....

in Revenant

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

This is all that has worked for me so far:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAS8unvN2gS6JvQRVlbosryPUYW5IKYs8ElFNFiNMnpNtFIANwugJ8hA-TZBFwACeAAl2fgwFBoaZAAHBAA

Only variant is to swap Mallyx for Shiro vs boon bomb groups. Revenant is currently one dimensional and glass cannon is all that has a chance to be relevant in PvP play.

Edit: Made a quick video for you to show off the build. https://youtu.be/d9YLD08ervk
Not my best video work, but it does the job.

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

(edited by Taldren.7523)

Hammer Timers....

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

I think they should make hammer#2 and mace#2 like axe #5, an over-terrain effect.
IIRC axe#5 will be inclined to the direction of the target and I rarely missed that on uneven terrains.

If they could do that it would be great

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Hammer Timers....

in Revenant

Posted by: Destabilizator.2789

Destabilizator.2789

I think they should make hammer#2 and mace#2 like axe #5, an over-terrain effect.
IIRC axe#5 will be inclined to the direction of the target and I rarely missed that on uneven terrains.

If they could do that it would be great

Is Axe 5 blocked by reflection? Because Hammer 2 is not projectile, cuz it’s not blocked by Chak domes and stuff, golden ability.

Hammer 4 is great vs Axemaster, you can just shelter your whole grp behind it.

Vertor et revertor.

Hammer Timers....

in Revenant

Posted by: Miserymachine.7512

Miserymachine.7512

I agree hammer 1 should be a touch faster and 2 is terrain dependent but I have no problems with the rest of the skills.

Hammer Timers....

in Revenant

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

It’s one of the stronger ranged weapons in the game in my experience. i think only the terrain bugs are something that needs fixing (if possible, terrain and skills is ever a dilemma at times). i think in the case of #5, the power of the skill is offset by the long cast time. If it was reduced I’d bet it was changed otherwise too.

Hammer Timers....

in Revenant

Posted by: Leodon.1564

Leodon.1564

Hammer auto is fine. It’s exactly as fast and as strong as it needs to be.

This guy gets it.

Some people just want buffs to their class regardless if it makes sense or not. . .

Faye Oren – Mesmer
Lee Oren – Ranger
Eve Oren – Revenant

Hammer Timers....

in Revenant

Posted by: Trepidation Lost.3469

Trepidation Lost.3469

If anythign hammer needs nerfing lol, i hit 25k vs a level 80 friend of mine in WvW( coalescence skill), sure it hit twice ont he second and third cascades, but still, 25K come on….(full zerk rev with strength runes and force sigil and might and the two 7% dmg modifyers through traits)
It needs less damage, or increased cooldown/energy.