Herald's horrifying ground effect

in Revenant

Posted by: Fatallion.5389

Fatallion.5389

Am I only one who doesn’t like that huge ugly ground icon? Why there is no toggle to set it invisible for yourself/everyone?

in Revenant

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

I think it’s useful in combat, but it should be removed out of combat or it becomes too disrupting.

in Revenant

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

I dislike it because it’s always on even if you don’t have Glint Legend equipped. The way the elite spec is created seems to be pushing you to use the Elite spec utilities – something no other Elite spec has to contend with. Your F2 skill is even a Legendary Dragon ability.

IMO the F2 skill should have been thematic to the Herald – but not a Legendary Dragon ability. Perhaps an aura effect based on the current Legend.

in Revenant

Posted by: Demented Yak.6105

Demented Yak.6105

I dislike it because it’s always on even if you don’t have Glint Legend equipped.

Nope. It disappears when you switch legend.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

I think it’s fine. Fits Glint.

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

I think it’s great.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Revenant

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

It doesn’t if you upkeep the F2 passive. But I like it, only hope they remove the blue area, make it transparent.

in Revenant

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

i was fine with it at 1st and i wanted to make this most, i hate it

in Revenant

Posted by: superherofan.8042

superherofan.8042

I wish that could be disabled too.

in Revenant

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

It could do with being less invasive, perhaps show as it is now to other players who highlight you? If it’s that essential that other players know what upkeep skills you are maintaining

in Revenant

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

I like it. Don’t change it

in Revenant

Posted by: Fatallion.5389

Fatallion.5389

I still can’t understand why they made it so big and ugly colored and less transparent. During a boss fight or anything where there’s ground effects, it will be a total mess and nobody can tell anything good from those icons.

If you really have to keep that kind of ground effect active and not being able to disable it, remove the inner circle since it’s pointless, the pulse effect really helps nobody. And make those buff icons a bit smaller and only appear in front of you, not in fixed positions around you, if you have it active so you don’t have to see the other icons while you don’t even have them active.

Or maybe those icons could be switched to small colored circles around you. Every buff skill would have different color, for example regeneration buff as green, fury buff red, swiftness buff yellow, might buff orange/black or something and protection buff blue. That way it would be a lot easier for everyone else not familiar with revenant buff icons to really tell what is going on.

in Revenant

Posted by: Calcifire.1864

Calcifire.1864

between this and the hand thread, it would be nice if we got a “disable revenant effects out of combat” option like WoW has for Death Knight eyes and voice

in Revenant

Posted by: Tipper.6973

Tipper.6973

An option to disable Revenant effects is the best solution. Everybody is pleased by it and nobody would complain.

in Revenant

Posted by: Askherion.4935

Askherion.4935

I don’t like it. The way it moves with your character turning around…. Meh. I’d much prefer some kind of energy-ball aura-like stuff around your character instead. Would be much more fitting.

Arrange them similarly as the ground-targeted stuff. I think this would fit the “real” world of the game much better while remaining cues to which stuff is activated at any given time, both for the player and foes.

in Revenant

Posted by: HungryBDinner.2694

HungryBDinner.2694

I don’t mind the outer circle to stay as is, but fade the middle a little bit so a bit more transparent

in Revenant

Posted by: nobleroar.2078

nobleroar.2078

I don’t mind the outer circle to stay as is, but fade the middle a little bit so a bit more transparent

my thoughts exactly!

Jade Quarry
Mesmer | Night

in Revenant

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

I like it, but the intensity of it really needs dropped a good amount I think

in Revenant

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

I’m okay with the visual.

I dislike the audio now however when you trigger Facets. Took me forever to figure out what the hell that organ like midi file was going on in the background.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Revenant

Posted by: Enrif.7359

Enrif.7359

Since glints skills are aktual signets…..why not a similar visual to all signet using classes?

Do i hear a uproar? Yeah, since the signets can be seen by anyone who targets you. Annoying pvp visuals……

If it isnt clear, i’m also for a reduced visual

in Revenant

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Personally I find this center icon with additional icons on the side based on your active utilities, to be excessive “fluff” and unneeded info/graphic. Everything we need to know is indicated on our action bar and boon bar, and we already have nice visuals upon legend swapping and on our action bar. It feels odd having a large circle with pulsing color below our character (and potentially not fitting with our armor for those who Skin Wars 2), with additional icons that are barely visible when zoomed out. It takes away the focus from your character.

My proposal is to tone the colors down on the center icon, maybe keep the outer circle but remove the center mass – and potentially remove the additional icons that pops up based on active utilities.
But more importantly, what is your thought on the matter?

Attachments:

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in Revenant

Posted by: ONko.7460

ONko.7460

Yes I hate it too. It doesnt look like an in-world effect, but some kind of UI notice, similar to mobs AoE attacks.

in Revenant

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

I don’t really pay any attention to it lol

in Revenant

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

I dislike it because it’s always on even if you don’t have Glint Legend equipped.

Sorry – I was referring to the fact that if you don’t use the Glint Legend you still get the whole huge thing just to use Facet of Nature.

in Revenant

Posted by: Awesome.8762

Awesome.8762

Keep the outer ring with symbols but remove or let us turn off the inner circle.

in Revenant

nacario.9417

I really hope Roy manages to squeeze some time into evaluating the ground effects, it’s really breaking it for several.

Power Ranger PvP

in Revenant

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

Personally I like the effect now and I hope they leave it as is. It’s very specific to glint/herald anyway isnt it?

in Revenant

Posted by: knyy.6427

knyy.6427

i loooove that animation. it even gives a sound as far as i know. sounds a bit like “crystal oasis”. just awesome!

in Revenant

Posted by: Matt H.6142

Matt H.6142

I like it. I’ll run towards it usually hoping for that permaswiftness. And I get a nice big one on my norn. ^-^ I’m a sucker for coordination of skill to symbol.

Fort Aspenwood home
All Professions Level 80

in Revenant

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

I like it a lot, its one of the reasons rev reminds me of diablo 2 paladin d3 monk/crusader. I feel like its a mix of the 3… and I love it

in Revenant

Posted by: Smokin Dice.9103

Smokin Dice.9103

My only trouble with it is the persistant blue background circle.
it should just be the glint symbol beneath you, there is no need for this permanent blue circle that just looks like a 2001-game-icon

in Revenant

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Shrug I like it.

in Revenant

Posted by: Ilharn.6813

Ilharn.6813

My only trouble with it is the persistant blue background circle.
it should just be the glint symbol beneath you, there is no need for this permanent blue circle that just looks like a 2001-game-icon

Yep. It could be enough to remove the background and just leave the symbol

in Revenant

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

I like it

/15 charrs. :-)

in Revenant

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

its cool but not wen its alweys on

in Revenant

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

its ok I could take it or leave it.

Maybe have it less pronounced?

I wounder if its one of those effects that have been reduced? They said they reduced a lot of FX in that post today.

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

I wounder if its one of those effects that have been reduced? They said they reduced a lot of FX in that post today.

Rip eyecandy rev animations.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Besides occassional ground clipping, I don’t mind the silver hoverboard.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Revenant

Posted by: Lauriewonnacott.9841

Lauriewonnacott.9841

I love it, don’t change it. You should make it 3D too and make everyone’s computer go up in flames.

Duhsziu – Revenant
Polyscia – Elementalist
Mercedene Underfoot – Thief

in Revenant

Posted by: Ilharn.6813

Ilharn.6813

I love it, don’t change it. You should make it 3D too and make everyone’s computer go up in flames.

… covert in a huge dome of glint (1200 radius)

in Revenant

nacario.9417

Just make some toggle for it, current version is very intrusive and looks very flat and out of place.
Legend wrist particles look much better than it.

This is actually a good idea, but it would probl be to much work for them to implement in options. In any event I dont see how tuning down its color mass/make it more transparent would do any harm to those for it and those who are ok with its current version.

Power Ranger PvP

in Revenant

Posted by: NapTooN.6283

NapTooN.6283

i loooove that animation. it even gives a sound as far as i know. sounds a bit like “crystal oasis”. just awesome!

might sound a bit like it because it is actually it :-)

in Revenant

Posted by: SaulWolfden.6178

SaulWolfden.6178

Would be nice to get an update on this, it’s the center circle effect that is terrible, it hides red circles and generally just looks bad when going vertically up or down while walking. It either needs to be completely removed (the icons that were at the edge remaining) or needs to be about 50 percent more transparent.

“Fear is only what you feel”

in Revenant

Posted by: Leodon.1564

Leodon.1564

It looks nice to me and if I was playing the game purely on a casual basis then I probably wouldn’t mind it. However, its a bit intrusive when you actually want to pay attention to things that are happening around you and I would like the option to turn it off for those moments.

Faye Oren – Mesmer
Lee Oren – Ranger
Eve Oren – Revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: HatSimulator.9362

HatSimulator.9362

Its fine tbh. It lets people know when you have buffs on so they stand near you

Gates of Madness [DUI]
Main Warrior | Every other class at 80
I only play WvW

in Revenant

Posted by: Xecil.2798

Xecil.2798

It needs some serious transparency added

in Revenant

Posted by: jayson.6512

jayson.6512

Much better if we have the effect of warrior elite berserker on blue or white. Like an aura

in Revenant

nacario.9417

Just chiming in to give my support, it does.need toning down/transparent

Power Ranger PvP

in Revenant

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

I have a feeling this will turn into an ordeal like the Engineers had with those hobosacks.

The fact its there doesn’t bother me, what does bother me, is that Glint’s…disk of eye-bleeding…is neon blue, glows and flashes, is HUGE and bugs out unless you are on perfectly flat ground.

I don’t mind profession graphics unless they detract from my character, which they do. I refuse to use Glint, because every time I toggle that metaphysical Ouija board on, my eye is instantly drawn to that disk, because it its the most saturate, shiny thing on the screen.

As an infographic, its not even that useful. The icons look nothing like the skills when they’re toggled on, and its impossible to see what ones are highlighted when you’re flashing and shadowstepping everywhere all the time.

Give my Revenant her aesthetic integrity back. I would actually pay real life money to have an option to remove this thing from my screen.

in Revenant

Posted by: Nath Forge Tempete.1645

Nath Forge Tempete.1645

the effect is fine …i guess

But the music is just awfull and anoying as f**** . remove that music or reduce it XD cause it’s boring h24