Impossible odds?

Impossible odds?

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Problem with fury is that rev has mediocre access to it.. Its no big deal in pve where a team stack fury for you, but in solo settings it will be quite problematic to keep up, and in pvp swapping every 10seconds wont be a optimal way if someone plan to do some combos with utility skills.

I agree, and that’s why Rune of Rage is so good on Revenant. It’s the best way to have access to Fury (even permanent if you also use Fierce Infusion).

I’m actually ok with this, since it makes room for some creative designs instead of the usual Scholar or Strength (or even Ogre).
Hope it will always be possible even after the elite.

(edited by Kidel.2057)

Impossible odds?

in Revenant

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

Problem with fury is that rev has mediocre access to it.. Its no big deal in pve where a team stack fury for you, but in solo settings it will be quite problematic to keep up, and in pvp swapping every 10seconds wont be a optimal way if someone plan to do some combos with utility skills.

I agree, and that’s why Rune of Rage is so good on Revenant. It’s the best way to have access to Fury (even permanent if you also use Fierce Infusion).

I’m actually ok with this, since it makes room for some creative designs instead of the usual Scholar or Strength (or even Ogre).
Hope it will always be possible even after the elite.

I agree as well.
List of runes you can use to apply fury:
- Rune of the Citadel and get Power+Fury Duration and a chance to get fury for 15 seconds every 30 seconds as well as a chance to drop a bomb every 15 seconds.

-Rune of the Pack to get a Fury, Might, and Swiftness for 10 seconds every 20 seconds plus Swiftness duration for mobility!

- Rune of Evasion to get Ferocity + 3 seconds of fury, swiftness, and cripple on dodge roll (Really cool one imo)

-Rune of Rage. Probably the best for this and doesn’t need explanation.

-Rune of Altruism if you’re running a Support/DPS hybrid. Gives you healing + 10% boon duration and when you use a Heal skill, you give aoe Might and Fury every 10 seconds! You can have almost permanent Fury if you’re running this on your Revenant with Fierce Infusion and Incensed Response.

Edit: Also probably buffs Revenant life steal healing since it does give you increased healing power which could add to your survivability. Not sure how healing scales for Revenant though.

Lots of really cool options.

(edited by Rain.9213)

Impossible odds?

in Revenant

Posted by: Knox.8962

Knox.8962

If you see you’re going over 100% simply change some gear pieces to trade precision for something else. You still gain, since rev is very fragile and would love some more vit/toughness

If you are trying to compete in damage with a thief or elementalist (both of whom are far more fragile than revenants) in a world where everyone is in full zerker or sinister gear, a trait that lets you add defense for free doesn’t add much.

Revenant damage is fairly high without any investment due to the high coefficients on the skills, but there are very few ways to actually improve your damage in organized group play, and that is a problem.

As it stands right now, a revenant using the maximum DPS setup can’t even out damage a Phalanx Strength warrior (who provides a ton of group utility that the revenant can’t come close to matching) in an organized group.

Impossible odds?

in Revenant

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Rage is better. Revenant gets +10% crit rate and +7% damage from traits under fury, plus the normal 20% from the boon and 7% from the rune. 25 might is easier to achieve and mantain, expecially in pve and wvw, so you’re comparing a 5% with a 42% damage increase (factoring only 100% crit damage).
It’s math.

Price doesn’t really matter, since Revenant is the first class that gets so much boost from fury.

Also in group play both are outshadowed by scholar runes.

First, trait is +30% crit rate (not +10%). (20% from Fury + 30% additional from GM trait). I’m not sure if did math or just did the napkin version and compared Fury/Ferocity against Might/Power only without other boons and total boon uptime.

I’d like it if there was an actual Rune alternative.

As confirmed by Roy, the trait gives 50% of the usual + 20%, so it’s 30% total (20+10). He also sait it may be buffed. Description is misleading

Yeah, I’m looking at buffing it because 10% crit for a GM trait is a bit weak. Might try making fury 100% better so it’d give 20% extra crit.

Revenants may get some access to swiftness. When it’s ready™

Hey, Roy.

One of the interesting things about the fury trait, is that it could be really cool to increase gear diversity, because it would allow non-precision builds to critically hit often enough. The problem, however, is that if it ever gets too high, zerker builds would abuse it. :P

What about this crazy idea:

• While you have fury on you, if your total critical chance is bellow 50%, it becomes 50%.

Sure, it would be kind of niche (precision builds would never take it), but it could open some cool possibilities.

Just some brainstorming.

Impossible odds?

in Revenant

Posted by: Seisus.6591

Seisus.6591

As it stands right now, a revenant using the maximum DPS setup can’t even out damage a Phalanx Strength warrior (who provides a ton of group utility that the revenant can’t come close to matching) in an organized group.

Where are you getting your information. The Revenant hasn’t even been tested yet since the buffs/Shiro were added.

Impossible odds?

in Revenant

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Where are you getting your information. The Revenant hasn’t even been tested yet since the buffs/Shiro were added.

He probably did some math.

Impossible odds?

in Revenant

Posted by: Spartacus.9743

Spartacus.9743

I can’t see too much problems on revenant mobility…
If you need to run faster, use the command “about face”, then riposting shadow, then again about face…
The problem in shiro’s stance is the lack of condi removal, wich makes it really challenging to use in pvp, where condi are often the main issue…
That said, I personally prefer instead of 1 sec of super speed, 1 sec of condi transfer, and since this skill can be active in combat only for few sec, it will remove max 2-3 condi in a real fight, wich is not bad since his twin class (thief) has more ways to remove condi..

Impossible odds?

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Yeah, I’m a bit worried about condi removal myself.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

Impossible odds?

in Revenant

Knox.8962

I have skill coefficients and cast times for the sword from the live stream they did. I spent the last BWE testing mechanics and cast times for skills on the other weapons.

The highest possible damage rotation you can do with what we’ve seen so far is to Autoattack with sword and maintain Impossible Odds as much as possible.

This (not very engaging) rotation will get you about 85% of what a Phalanx Strength warrior is capable of, and about 65% of the top damage dealers (engy and ele)

Impossible odds?

in Revenant

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Supposedly, he plans to make some other bigger changes to reflect Revenant’s fury specialty. We can only hope and wait and see. The initial changes are a good start, and can be coupled with Pack Runes for decent fury uptime and (post-buff) 50% crit chance with no added precision from armor/amulets, which isn’t bad. Most of the pieces are there, again, we just need a bit better/reliable fury and this could easily be a thing.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Impossible odds?

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

Even without changes, Fury is still pretty easy to achieve with some creative design and party support. I doubt we’re getting an elite spec with also fury skills, since that’s an Invocation thing, but I may be wrong.

Also if another Fury source is added, then we are all going back to Rune of the Scholar or Rune of Strength, that is boring. Loving that Revenant can finally shine under better combinations.

Impossible odds?

in Revenant

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

And yet i am curious..where is the kitten profession line? xd

Invocation is officially turned into fury line, but maybe thats good. Even easier choice to go for Glint instead.

As for the secret changes we will see, my main concerns are useless utility skills and lack of sustain. For example Jalis taunt looks so poor in comprasion to jade wind for example, same energy cost, 3sec aoe stun vs 2sec single target taunt.. in fact nothing on Jalis is good atm except healing skills to remove condi as we dont have any other sources. I still think that Jalis heal should block like shelter to really give that “tanky” feeling.

obey me

(edited by skowcia.8257)

Impossible odds?

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

50 energy on Forced Engagement makes no sense, as well as 40 on Rite of the Great Dwarf.
Those should be 35 and 25 or less to be on par with other legends. Rite of the Great Dwarf atm is simply useless. Can only be an emergency stunbreaker at the cost of 40 energy.

(edited by Kidel.2057)

Impossible odds?

in Revenant

skowcia.8257

50 energy on Forced Engagement makes no sense, as well as 40 on Rite of the Great Dwarf.

40? You dreaming or something. Rite is also 50 and completely useless. In the beta i will try to camp Shiro as much as possible as hes the olny one with any decent utility skills.

Mallyx is “almost” in great spot. If his elite was copying all stacks instead of 1. Then theres also that problem with needing to have conditions on yourself which can be cleansed by allies to nerf you (haha) and the lack of tools to actually survive from melding as 1 boonstrip kills Mallyx pretty much – maybe resistance was a mistake and mallyx should get unique buff.. Jalis in general will be picked up olny for cleanse on heal and Ventari..

Yeah whats about Ventari? I didnt saw anyone in forum who would be brave enough to make it “viable”. Just delete the tablet..that will improve this legend by like 1000000%. Skills arent bad on it own, but they are useless due to this handicap tablet.
Lf for a hero brave enough to make Ventari work

I still dont know about Rite as they want to keep it with lore as much as possible but what is more important..lore or balance? By lore logic jade wind should 1 hit k.o the whole map and it stun be unbreakable. So i still vote for rite to be turned into a self upkeep skill or invul during cast animation and longed buff duration to 8 seconds, road pulsing stab right away and taunt reduced energy+condi cleanse.

obey me

Impossible odds?

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

Wiki says 40, maybe it’s outdated, I remembered 50 too. Doesn’t matter, 50 is even worse, calm down.

And Rite is useless anyway as it is now. A defensive skill can’t have a casting time so long and be so short in GW2 fast system.

(edited by Kidel.2057)

Impossible odds?

in Revenant

Knox.8962

Ventari healing is no joke. I’m not sure when you’d want to really make use of it, but it isn’t trivial group healing.

I was able to keep people alive while they were standing in slime and poison clouds in silverwastes pretty easily.

Impossible odds?

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

Ventari’s problem is that if you use it then you’re basically a dedicated healer and nothing more. You can’t mix that with other builds, you can’t do much damage.

Maybe it’s woring as intended however.

But I don’t really care about Ventari. Jalis is what I’m concerned. It basically has 2/5 useful skills.
Elite is simply not worth using. 50 energy for a stunbreak and damage reduction that takes 3 seconds to trigger and only lasts 5 seconds with no possibilities to increase it.

(edited by Kidel.2057)

Impossible odds?

in Revenant

skowcia.8257

You should care about revenant as a whole, not olny about things youre interesed in.. just cause Ventari doesnt fit your playstyle doesnt mean that its fine to leave where it is. I personally dont care about Jalis and Ventari either as i plan to go Shiro/Glint (and had these plans back before reveal of Ventari).

Main problem with Ventari is the tablet as during a “fight” we spend more time controlling it rather than actually fighting, the utility skills on it own are strong and useful, but it doesnt matter as long we have this tablet around. It also takes away our own heal ability..

obey me

Impossible odds?

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

I do care about Ventari, just less, since it may be working as intended. If it’s supposed to be a dedicated healer and nothing else, then it may just be fine.

What you’re saying about the tablet is right, but probably it’s also how it’s supposed to be.

Jalis, I’m sure it’s not working as intended.

(edited by Kidel.2057)

Impossible odds?

in Revenant

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

I have been using this to get around and it does not seem that OP to me… even if it is unintended. In fact, I think it has some dangers associated with it as I have run into combat on numerous occasion and forgotten I had no energy left. I can see it being balanced in that regard even in WvW or PvP because, if you get jumped by a stealthed player, you are starting out low on energy where, with runes, traits, utility, or swiftness, that does not hamper your ability to use skills. Just an idea to, maybe, consider leaving it as is

Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer

Impossible odds?

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

I agree. I’m not spamming it ooc as I wanted, expecially in Verdant Brink.

Impossible odds?

in Revenant

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

1 second of swiftness? 1? No, really…1?

Impossible Odds is a pulsing quickness and super speed while you are upkeeping the skill.

Does it trigger the cd of legendswap when out of combat? I’m curious to know if we are going to be able to use it (almost) permanently while ooc.

It’s not intended to be constantly used out of combat, but I think in the version you all get to play this weekend that you’ll be able to do what you said..

So you are going to make it not usable ooc? That’s a TERRIBLE decision. The current very of impossible odds is fine and actually makes playing the very slow revenant tolerable. Revenant has no speed increases and no access to swiftness other than equipping a mace and Jalis (neither of which I do).

Impossible odds?

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

Read the post right after that. He’s simply going to add a small cd to legendswap ooc.
However that won’t be needed probably, since keeping that up is not a good idea.

He also said we are getting more swiftness, so don’t worry

Impossible odds?

in Revenant

Posted by: Valfaros.6908

Valfaros.6908

Please don’t give us a cd on legendswap out of fight.

This way you can’t even prepare some things before fight. Like drop a road or cast this super mega extra long jalis elite just before you get infight in order to prevent cd on leg swap.
Since legendswap is so important (stunbreaker, fury, one of the only condi removes, energy reset) you really don’t want it on cd the second you start fighting. If you start giving us cd even before we fight you just let us stick to one leg.

Other classes can prepare fights with boons (empower) and then switch weapon before they get infight rev has nothing on his wepons to do so. He has such things on the utility and with cd on legswap you just steal this option entirely.
+ Where is the problem that rev gets superspeed other classes have leaps that they can spam in order to run though the map. Rev can’t use any of his mobility skills without a target.
+ “Rev will get switftness when it’s ready” if you are saying he gets it with glint in don’t wanna stick to glint with every build just because there is the only usefull swiftness.

(edited by Valfaros.6908)

Impossible odds?

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

It already has a 1s cd ooc however.

And by the way I agree with all you said except the glint part. You can equip a different legend for movement, I’m fine with that. I’m already using SHiro in WvW just for movement, then I swap to Mallyx+Jalis close to a fight.

It’s not different from Guardian that has to equip a couple of shouts (+staff) and it’s better then using Traveler Runes.

Impossible odds?

in Revenant

xarallei.4279

Read the post right after that. He’s simply going to add a small cd to legendswap ooc.
However that won’t be needed probably, since keeping that up is not a good idea.

He also said we are getting more swiftness, so don’t worry

Ah, I didn’t see that one. Though that’s a shame, I like the fact that it doesn’t have a cd. But if that’s what they need to do, then that’s better than taking away IO speed out of combat.

It would be nice if the invocation line (or the glint line?) had something in there to reduce the CD of the swap.

Impossible odds?

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

It would be nice if the invocation line (or the glint line?) had something in there to reduce the CD of the swap.

That’s actually a nice suggestion. Even 1s cd reduction would be a huge improvement considering the energy regeneration.

Impossible odds?

in Revenant

Valfaros.6908

Well you won’t be able to just equip glint because you also need to take the traitline every time you want it. So if you don’t have the traitline there is no glint. And try to switch traitline + legend just before the fight not so much fun and annoying…

Impossible odds?

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

If I only need Glint for mobility OOC then I don’t need to equip the trait line…
And why the hell are you equipping legend+traitline? It’s not needed. I’m using Corruption without Mallyx and it’s fine.

As I said, it’s just like equipping an utility signet or a swiftness skill on any other class. You equip it when you need it, then you remove it.

Also it’s a little bit too soon to discuss thi, and it’s off topic.

EDIT: that’s my PvE build at the moment. Corruption but no Mallyx.

Attachments:

(edited by Kidel.2057)

Impossible odds?

in Revenant

Valfaros.6908

Since it’s a ELITE spec you have to

Impossible odds?

in Revenant

xarallei.4279

If you want glint traits, you need to take her trait line but you do not have to use the utilities/equip the legend. I was running around on my reaper and didn’t bother using any of the reaper shouts. But then again we really don’t know how Glint is going to change the mechanics of legends and legend swapping.

But if the ooc swiftness is tied to Glint traits then obviously you must use that trait line, but you don’t have to use utilities. If it’s tied with the utilities then you must also take the Glint trait line…

Impossible odds?

in Revenant

Valfaros.6908

All what I’m saying is that when glint brings swiftness you always have to use the traitline. If it’s one the utilitys you have to equip both traitline and legend. If it’s in the traitline you have to equip the traitline but that is still annoying. Do you really want to open the window, trait glint every time you want accsess to swiftness.
I don’t.

Impossible odds?

in Revenant

xarallei.4279

I would hope that the glint spec is good enough to spec into and not just for swiftness.

Impossible odds?

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

Since it’s a ELITE spec you have to

lol, you’re right. :P sorry

Let’s hope it’s good then, or that Roy was referring to a trait.