Is Revenant supposed to 1v4 other classes?

in Revenant

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP:

rev is the new class. If you think it is going to be anything other than overpowered at the beginning, you are not being realistic. This is ANET’s new class. They can’t release it and have it be horrible. Instead, they will release it unbalanced and overpowered and then tone it down later.

in Revenant

Posted by: Mefiq.7039

Mefiq.7039

Revenants are powerful but as a thief i dont find them OP. Most of thier spells can be negated, heals are easy to negate. You guys realise that going stealth when Rev wants to heal (shiro/glint) will make his heal almost useless?

“Im speaker of Truth” – Mefiq.7039 2015

in Revenant

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

I’m not concluding that it’s too strong based solely on cherry picked footage, but on the personal experience I got from the class. (angz)

Im sorry wand but ull lose some credibility here. Angz have vast differences in skilled players, having played there for months myself, and that screen tells us nothing. I also dont understand why u call rev too strong by using the 4v1 an example in ur official feedback thread, when they clearly were as unorganized and clueless as one can be.
I played rev myself this weekend with ur build having followed u from previous weekends. Im not gonna boast of my skill but I lost 1v1s vs those who were quickly to pick up my playstyle. Point is it is better to give it some time in live before giving judgements. Ofc we cant do anything with the qqing noobs around here, but lets not help by feeding them that sugar.

It was an entertaining watch though!

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in Revenant

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

Hey there OP. Before we get started I just want to say I already knew what to expect since it’s pretty straight forward atm on how clueless some players are when fighting Revenant. So these videos and threads are irrelevant.

As for the video. Your first fight would have ended instantly if the people you fought knew what they were fighting against and if they were better at the game. You made a lot of mistakes and they didn’t know anything.

They fully healed you almost every time you used glints heal. They also never dodged anything and often wasted their dodges on nothing because of panic. They didn’t bother interrupting or ressing when you downed the first guy so that alone shows what you were dealing with. Not to mention the engi just auto attacked on rifle pretty much all fight long lol.

I don’t know the point of your thread based on what the video is. The only ppl crying OP and asking for rev nerfs are the ones either fighting as a rev vs clueless ppl or being one of the clueless people themselves.

If you clearly look we can be stun and condi spammed very easily. Rev has to stay active or get destroyed. You will see the struggle when you are fighting against ppl who know what you do and what they can do to you. It’s really easy to shut down a rev if you know what they do and they have an okay idea. If both the rev and the enemy are good players and know all the skills both are capable of using then it will favor the build or who ever makes the mistake first. If you fight a burst player you will die unless you put threat out first. If you are fighting a heavy condi or cc user you will die very easily unless they make huge mistakes. There are many ways to shut revs down completely. Just give it time and you will realize and see it when its more familiar as a class.

This is balanced. Please don’t make these pointless threads because they show nothing and prove nothing. You are fighting clueless ppl that seem a bit bad. There is nothing special about this.

I will admit though that was pretty funny in the start where you aoed the whole area at the sentry when none of the guys in the circle dodged or did anything to counter lol.

(edited by Mosharn.8357)

in Revenant

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

@OP:

rev is the new class. If you think it is going to be anything other than overpowered at the beginning, you are not being realistic. This is ANET’s new class. They can’t release it and have it be horrible. Instead, they will release it unbalanced and overpowered and then tone it down later.

I honestly think Reaper and Chrono are more powerful than rev

in Revenant

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

@OP:

Pretty much. Reaper can do insane bursts and have almost 100% chill uptime. Chrono can burst or save a whole point with those over the top wells. An evade well that doesn’t put point cap cancel is lolz.

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

So video where a skilled player can kill 4 that don’t know even where they are turned shows Rev is OP? LOL
Have you ever tried to PvP? With semi decent players? All suddenly Rev feels just fine.
Without those invuln and heals we would melt in seconds.
We still melt against condis, even in mallyx, because to keep resistence up you haven’t to use energy for other things.
In PvP know how to mitigate a bloody Unrelenting Assault for more then half.
All skills revenant has are all in other classes. So is clearly a L2P issue, seriously.

If you are looking for something OP to complain check DH Fragments Trap (now fixed tho) or Berserkers Rifle F2 ONESHOTS. Those are broken skill.

Also

@OP:

Pretty much. Reaper can do insane bursts and have almost 100% chill uptime. Chrono can burst or save a whole point with those over the top wells. An evade well that doesn’t put point cap cancel is lolz.

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Why people saying that hammer hits too much when ruin skill 2 can be simply strafed at mid-long distance and it quute useless at close? Like wtf guys? Did you started.playing yesterday? Hammer is fine, so is rev. If it wasnt for clueless people attacking us under Glint heal any rev would die quite fast. Try Shiro+Jalis and watch how poor the sustain is.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

You mean like how mesmer, thief and engineer can do the same? Yeah, totally op. Nerf all!

in Revenant

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

this is a new class people dont know how to handle or deal with UA
it took 3 betas for people to think of a counter the glints healing skill is a new and people dont look at ur boons, this why i suggestion some extra animation for the herlands 6

in Revenant

Posted by: Puls.5867

Puls.5867

Revenants aren’t OP it’s the herald that is :p anyway nothing brand new comes out balanced this is why it’s a part of the beta after all they addressed the Mallyx issue and completely went over the top on changing that (going to miss you displacement I still feel it should of been 1 burst that displaces once on a long cool down but beggars can’t be choosers) when I was being a Revenant I didn’t feel I was all that powerful until I took the herald line Glint that’s when I could easily stall a point up to the part where people gave up & left...

You have to take into account as well that Druid was crazy OP in healing without even needing healing power gear so Revenant isn’t the only OP thing here. Also chronomancer I feel is harder to fight than another Revenant. Chronomancer do so well at avoiding damage while punching face.

Just don’t complain until AFTER it is out. For all you know the beta weekend survey people will most likely of addressed this and they will most likely look at it. Just don’t expect any class to be perfectly balanced especially the second it’s born

Tsento – Mesmer | Timcarnate – Revenant | Timigami – Necromancer

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

A decent condition necromancer should melt Glint/Shiro Revenant. They have very little ability to deal with conditions.

I admit i don’t understand this. I don’t feel particulary squishy to condition with a revenant. No more than a mesmer or engineer. Particulary if you use lyssa runes. The only problem is burning coz it’s pretty op but that’s for all classes.
With glint heal, evades, shield you already have toon of sustain and ways to evade conditions. It’s really a false weakness for me.

It is harder for a revenant to deal with conditions than it is to deal with direct dmg (because of the damage reduction modifiers and the protection combined with the free toughness from hardening persistence). But because the herald was so strong this weekend, you were usually even able to defeat condition builds without even needing a single condition cleanse, as condition builds have no way to prevent the glint heal from doing work.

Did you not fight any Reapers who knew what they were doing the entire weekend? (Seriously, I’m not being facetious). I would expect chill to be a huge problem in and of itself. Let’s not forget the have plenty of access to poison to reduce healing.

Going to use an elite to convert conditions to boons to get rid of the chill? Expect to hear the Necromancer cackling with glee as you play right into their hands. Same goes for shield 5, as I would expect soul marks to become more prevalent.

I really think a well-played necro is going to be a nightmare for glint/Shiro, which would be a good thing (to have something that hard counters the build many people are saying is op).

Chill isn’t that big of a problem if you run Shiro, since Riposting cleanses it.

I’d say that Revenant has it much harder against standard Necromancer than Reaper even, especially if you run Hammer. On WvW you can just kite Reaper with it almost forever and he has little chance to catch up aside from using cooldowns. The only thing you have to watch out is use of Staff, really.

Now, regular Necromancer I found more dangerous. Instant Fear, unblockable 1200 gapcloser you can secure and long pressure with bleeds is devastating.

If Condition Necromancer lands Path+Grasping+Feast and maybe two marks on you and you have no Infuse Light up, it’s pretty much after the game for Power Rev. Staff #4 might save you, but most of the times the bleed and new Torment burst totally wreck you.

Not to mention that tasty Stability after every dodge many people run. Basically free Fear.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Revenant

Posted by: SoulstitchMMO.1396

SoulstitchMMO.1396

New class vs other people that are seeing it for the first time. Here is an example of a 1v3 where they basically we’re just wowed by the pretty colors.

in Revenant

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Honestly, this only really shows how strong Infusing Light is against people who don’t read status bars. Personally, I wouldn’t mind if infusing light had an animation like RS 3, but I’m sure that most people here who are committed to maining Revenant would dislike an animation on the heal.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Honestly, this only really shows how strong Infusing Light is against people who don’t read status bars. Personally, I wouldn’t mind if infusing light had an animation like RS 3, but I’m sure that most people here who are committed to maining Revenant would dislike an animation on the heal.

There already is a fairly sizeable animation on Infusing Light. If you’re talking about afterwords, like say an aura, I’d have no issue with that. However, like I said, there’s already a large animation on it and once people recognize it, they’ll stop hitting you.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Chill isn’t that big of a problem if you run Shiro, since Riposting cleanses it.

True, but then you’ve consumed a very large chunk of energy and they can just reapply it.

in Revenant

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

There already is a fairly sizeable animation on Infusing Light. If you’re talking about afterwords, like say an aura, I’d have no issue with that. However, like I said, there’s already a large animation on it and once people recognize it, they’ll stop hitting you.

I’m talking about after the initial cast.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Revenant

Posted by: Shirk.6421

Shirk.6421

I can only share my thoughts as a ranger main about the rev (not as druid, don’t have HoT yet). I faced many revs while roaming and in the obsidian sanctum. My biggest problem with revs is that it’s a new class. That’s all. I told everyone who lost to a rev following: “You’re gonna get used to it, you have no idea how a rev works yet, just wait, die sometimes and learn”. I feel that the pressure a rev can dish out is extremely high, even on range while being naturally tanky and with glint… well glint is this thing… “you dead yet?” – “nope!”. But it’s okay for me, that’s how it works. I dueled about 20 revs and lost to none but it can always be that I just faced noobs. Well, with the rev, kinda everyone is a noob. Wether rev players nor their enemies can’t have figured out what’s possible and what’s not at this stage. Not enough time has passed imo. It’s the same things with their skillsets. When I started GW2 I had no idea when and why some warriors reflected, when they were immune to condis and damage – until I started watching their buff-bar and actually figuring out how a warrior works. We really have to see what’s gonna happen a month after release. If nerfs are really that needed, if people get used to it. I have no clue yet. But what I know is that every class can 1v4 scrubs. https://youtu.be/HBZ9Z1qVYg0?t=28m1s

(edited by Shirk.6421)

in Revenant

Posted by: Demented Yak.6105

Demented Yak.6105

I can only share my thoughts as a ranger main about the rev (not as druid, don’t have HoT yet). I faced many revs while roaming and in the obsidian sanctum. My biggest problem with revs is that it’s a new class. That’s all. I told everyone who lost to a rev following: “You’re gonna get used to it, you have no idea how a rev works yet, just wait, die sometimes and learn”. I feel that the pressure a rev can dish out is extremely high, even on range while being naturally tanky and with glint… well glint is this thing… “you dead yet?” – “nope!”. But it’s okay for me, that’s how it works. I dueled about 20 revs and lost to none but it can always be that I just faced noobs. Well, with the rev, kinda everyone is a noob. Wether rev players nor their enemies can’t have figured out what’s possible and what’s not at this stage. Not enough time has passed imo. It’s the same things with their skillsets. When I started GW2 I had no idea when and why some warriors reflected, when they were immune to condis and damage – until I started watching their buff-bar and actually figuring out how a warrior works. We really have to see what’s gonna happen a month after release. If nerfs are really that needed, if people get used to it. I have no clue yet. But what I know is that every class can 1v4 scrubs. https://youtu.be/HBZ9Z1qVYg0?t=28m1s

You’re my friend now.

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

You’re my friend now.

And mine too! <3

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Posted by: Darkheron.6271

Darkheron.6271

A decent condition necromancer should melt Glint/Shiro Revenant. They have very little ability to deal with conditions.

I admit i don’t understand this. I don’t feel particulary squishy to condition with a revenant. No more than a mesmer or engineer. Particulary if you use lyssa runes. The only problem is burning coz it’s pretty op but that’s for all classes.
With glint heal, evades, shield you already have toon of sustain and ways to evade conditions. It’s really a false weakness for me.

It is harder for a revenant to deal with conditions than it is to deal with direct dmg (because of the damage reduction modifiers and the protection combined with the free toughness from hardening persistence). But because the herald was so strong this weekend, you were usually even able to defeat condition builds without even needing a single condition cleanse, as condition builds have no way to prevent the glint heal from doing work.

Did you not fight any Reapers who knew what they were doing the entire weekend? (Seriously, I’m not being facetious). I would expect chill to be a huge problem in and of itself. Let’s not forget the have plenty of access to poison to reduce healing.

Going to use an elite to convert conditions to boons to get rid of the chill? Expect to hear the Necromancer cackling with glee as you play right into their hands. Same goes for shield 5, as I would expect soul marks to become more prevalent.

I really think a well-played necro is going to be a nightmare for glint/Shiro, which would be a good thing (to have something that hard counters the build many people are saying is op).

As someone who has played necromancer since launch, I honestly believe a condition based necromancer/reaper build is going to be what they call a “hard counter” to the revenant. I honestly just don’t see the build that is going to be able to handle the conditions and put out enough dps to challenge the reaper. I’m certainly not an expert though. Just hoping there is some gameplay/build that will allow two equally skilled and geared combatants compete, instead of just being “win” for one of them. Times gonna tell.

in Revenant

Posted by: Demented Yak.6105

Demented Yak.6105

As someone who has played necromancer since launch, I honestly believe a condition based necromancer/reaper build is going to be what they call a “hard counter” to the revenant. I honestly just don’t see the build that is going to be able to handle the conditions and put out enough dps to challenge the reaper. I’m certainly not an expert though. Just hoping there is some gameplay/build that will allow two equally skilled and geared combatants compete, instead of just being “win” for one of them. Times gonna tell.

I defeated a reasonably good reaper with a glint/mallyx build by spamming myself with resistance. Reaper will definitely be a great counter to most power builds but it’s not going to be a one-size-fits-all kind of counter.

in Revenant

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

I see OP made this same thread in dragonhunter land, trying to reap some votes there as well.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in Revenant

Posted by: Valfaros.6908

Valfaros.6908

Infuse light is perfectly fine. It has 2000 initial heal so if you hit 1-2 times you will land at a normal heal for about 6-7k. If you hit more then 1 or 2 times shame on you if you hit less good for you.
If you are able to negate glints heal is looks pretty bad for the rev. I had a lot of matches against revs it really isn’t that hard to keep an eye on the buffs. People are just complaining because button mashing is just not going to work and thats perfectly fine.

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

I defeated a reasonably good reaper with a glint/mallyx build by spamming myself with resistance. Reaper will definitely be a great counter to most power builds but it’s not going to be a one-size-fits-all kind of counter.

If you look back at what prompted the response that you quoted, it was never expected to be. I had referred specifically to Shiro/Glint, which is what I think most of the “nerf rev” crowd is complaining about. I would expect a Mallyx rev to deal with a necro/reaper MUCH more effectively than Shiro/Glint.