Let's see your Revenants!

in Revenant

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I need help…

Should I be Human or Asura? A little background, basically ALL of my characters are human male. Generally speaking, I just feel like armor looks good on them. However, I’ve always kinda wanted an Asura, but they’re less armor-friendly. But I came up with this concept look that I think is pretty cute, looks like a little hero, and I love their animations. Only problem is I’m a bit concerned with longevity of interest. Help.

Which of these do you guys actually like more?

http://imgur.com/a/ZucC0

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Revenant

Posted by: StickMan.7549

StickMan.7549

I need help…

Should I be Human or Asura? A little background, basically ALL of my characters are human male. Generally speaking, I just feel like armor looks good on them. However, I’ve always kinda wanted an Asura, but they’re less armor-friendly. But I came up with this concept look that I think is pretty cute, looks like a little hero, and I love their animations. Only problem is I’m a bit concerned with longevity of interest. Help.

I think it’s always good to spread the love over different races, especially since i find there are only a few different types of armours that i like per weight class, so switching up race can help.

Does anyone know if we can test other races on rev on the upcoming test weekend??

/I deal with most derangements, sir./

in Revenant

Posted by: steve.2945

steve.2945

I need help…

Does anyone know if we can test other races on rev on the upcoming test weekend??

thats what i want to know, want to hear a Anet dev say yes >:|

Proud TTS member

in Revenant

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

From the blog:

“Players who have pre-purchased the expansion will see a new button appear on the character creation screen that allows them to create and play a fully geared, level-80 beta character of any race for the duration of the weekend.”

That does not explicitly include revenant, true, but if revs were limited to human only I’d expect that caveat to appear in that line or immediately afterwards.

in Revenant

Posted by: Recursivision.2367

Recursivision.2367

My charr revenant, Boof.

Attachments:

in Revenant

Donari.5237

My charr revenant, Boof.

Poor Charr, driven mad by the voices in his head.

in Revenant

StickMan.7549

I can’t hop on the beta yet, can anyone confirm that you can play revenant on any race?

in Revenant

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

I can’t hop on the beta yet, can anyone confirm that you can play revenant on any race?

Confirmed.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

in Revenant

Posted by: Enrif.7359

Enrif.7359

yes you can use any.

yet i go to take a more mundane look i guess…

Attachments:

in Revenant

Posted by: Headcase.4618

Headcase.4618

My new Asura Revenant, Betatester Abyx.

EDIT: Included pics of final version once Scarlet gear shows up in TP

Attachments:

(edited by Headcase.4618)

in Revenant

Posted by: RJMazz.6798

RJMazz.6798

Riftslayer Apollyen. Pretty standard.

Attachments:

in Revenant

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

Amyleis Auriaceae

Attachments:

in Revenant

Posted by: AivenPrimus.9184

AivenPrimus.9184

You can have a guess…

Attachments:

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Attachments:

(edited by Kidel.2057)

in Revenant

Posted by: DaikonSamurai.6714

DaikonSamurai.6714

Figured out the look I’m going to use when Revenant comes out. TMNT Donatello! Staff Rev obviously

Using a shield as his “back piece” for now just as a placeholder until Anet inevitably gives us a turtle shell backpack. winkwinknudgenudge

Attachments:

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

That’s amazing
+1 nice job

in Revenant

Posted by: Manarain.7940

Manarain.7940

My “Winter Warrior” look. I made Frostfang specifically for my Revenant

Attachments:

in Revenant

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

Etheus Miststrider

Attachments:

in Revenant

Posted by: makagoto.1204

makagoto.1204

There is no need to choose a reaper if you want to play with a scythe

Attachments:

in Revenant

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Finally a heavy armor class that I actually enjoy playing.

Attachments:

in Revenant

Posted by: Elan.7523

Elan.7523

Pariah Axisdirge. Revenant of the Axis warband. Like all my Charr, it uses technology to either mimic, stabilize, or augment magical capabilities. In this case, he is a fractal copy of a deceased warband member, and the armor stabilizes him in the ‘real’ world outside of the mists. The only thing his look is missing is the fractal sword, but I should get that soon enough.

Like Taku.6352 above, I’m also excited to finally have a heavy class I enjoy playing.

Full album here:
http://imgur.com/a/3MiQh

Snippets attached

Attachments:

(edited by Elan.7523)

in Revenant

Posted by: Marrek.8461

Marrek.8461

One Human male Revenant reporting for duty!

Attachments:

Desolation

in Revenant

Posted by: Ele Lady.6103

Ele Lady.6103

The lack of sylvari is disturbing.

Attachments:

in Revenant

Posted by: Yojimaru.4980

Yojimaru.4980

The lack of Norn is even more so!

Attachments:

in Revenant

DaikonSamurai.6714

That’s amazing
+1 nice job

Thanks!

in Revenant

StickMan.7549

The lack of sylvari is disturbing.

The lack of Norn is even more so!

My first is a human, my second is an asura, and my last will be a sylvari. 3 rev’s for 3 specs.

Here is Sticky the Tortured

Attachments:

in Revenant

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

Charr as usual got short end of stick..the face i wanted to choose clip with blindfold. I hope it will be fixed before release

Attachments:

obey me

in Revenant

Donari.5237

Not a great shot but I made this guy as a throwaway to test Shiro and didn’t focus on getting pics of him. In game shots with his ambrite hammer are far too zoomed out. He did look nicely glinting gold metal in game; I used Brass or Bronze for the dye, with Shadow Abyss for the cloth areas and … Flare? for the glowing parts.

Attachments:

in Revenant

Posted by: Zev.3407

Zev.3407

Figured out the look I’m going to use when Revenant comes out. TMNT Donatello! Staff Rev obviously

Using a shield as his “back piece” for now just as a placeholder until Anet inevitably gives us a turtle shell backpack. winkwinknudgenudge

LOL OMG THATS AWESOME!! Donny is the best!

in Revenant

Posted by: Mercurius.7314

Mercurius.7314

Took advantage of testing during the BWE to play around with a couple of ideas.

First is a Charr that builds on the Mistward armour set since I quite like how it looks but I threw in some Charr cultural to make it fit better.

Originally was planning on doing all gold/steel to match the Hero’s swords from the WvW tournament but the green glowing effects in the Assassin legend kind of threw that out the window so I switched the weapons to Dragon’s Jade (which fits Shiro better thematically anyway) and changed some of the armour colours to match the weapons. I’ve since realised from testing that Sword/Axe fits how I use Revenant better so I’ll have to work something out for the Axe model.

The second look is for a Sylvari and is entirely made up of cultural/TA armour without a blindfold. I based the colours around the orange and black (terracotta antique, I think?) ascended weapon skins and took advantage of the fact that Sylvari skin changes the colour of some of the cultural/TA pieces. It’s a bit hard to capture how it looks in screenshots because all of the gear has the pulsing glow Sylvari get with cultural armour.

Attachments:

in Revenant

DaikonSamurai.6714

LOL OMG THATS AWESOME!! Donny is the best!

Thanks! I managed to reserve all four Hamato brothers names as well, can’t believe they weren’t taken!

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

Going to add this beauty on Herald

Attachments:

in Revenant

Posted by: Corvus.5836

Corvus.5836

I have all the stuff except the Stag chest
Can’t wait to get my hands on a fresh heavy armor class

Attachments:

in Revenant

Posted by: NapTooN.6283

NapTooN.6283

Those are my current both Revenants.

Attachments:

in Revenant

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

I absolutely fell in love with the idea of using the Tormented hammer along with Embrace the Darkness, funny enough it turned out to be the perfect combination for my playstyle in wvw so I built around that. Oh, yeah, I COULD post a screenshot, but I actualy took the time to draw my pretty charr rev~

Attachments:

in Revenant

Posted by: Conner.5803

Conner.5803

My revenant from the last BWE

Attachments:

in Revenant

Posted by: Lewis Burnell.2493

Lewis Burnell.2493

Attachments:

in Revenant

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

While I am not particularly looking forward to Revenant at this point, I do have my look picked out.

what set is this? looks great!

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

in Revenant

Posted by: ProphecyWillow.5426

ProphecyWillow.5426

I wanted to go for a fire and brimstone look for my Norn Revenant. I’m pretty happy with how the look came out although I might still play around a little bit with my shades of red – which by the way don’t show up too well in these screenshots because the lighting is poor (I will fix that for screenshots this weekend).

I would also like to note that the look still isn’t completely done. The armor skins are, but the weapon skins are not. I just recently started playing the first Guild Wars, and I am hoping that before HoT drops that I can get together enough Hall of Monument points to unlock the Fiery Dragon Sword skin to complete the look.

Thoughts?

Attachments:

in Revenant

Posted by: ProphecyWillow.5426

ProphecyWillow.5426

I need help…

So, I realize that this is about a month late, but if you still want input my vote is on Asura. Firstly because a little bit of diversity in races is fun, but also because every beta test thus far revenants have been hard focused in PvP and Asura’s are harder to spot.

That aside, you can do some really cute things with Asura’s in heavy armor. My guild leader made his warrior look like an a very tiny Storm Trooper from Star Wars . . . which apparently I don’t have a single screenshot of despite have over 500 GW2 screenshots.

in Revenant

Posted by: hazenvirus.8154

hazenvirus.8154

While I am not particularly looking forward to Revenant at this point, I do have my look picked out.

what set is this? looks great!

Upcoming Revenant specific set for HoT.

in Revenant

Posted by: Warulfen.6549

Warulfen.6549

So, here’s my first attempt at building a beta Rev. Hair and boots are still very much WIP, and once I get my hands on those delicious fractal swords I’ll probably change the glowy bits to match those too.

That said, I wanted to go for somewhat of a Warcraft demon hunter feel here, hence the top. What do you think?

Attachments:

in Revenant

Posted by: bettadenu.5483

bettadenu.5483

God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

Attachments:

in Revenant

Posted by: Tora.7214

Tora.7214

looking for a “dark knight” yet not soo bulky look for my charr reve, this is how i want her to look in HoT, with a couple of jormag breath swords or if i can get my hands on it chaos swords, the rest being pit fighter chest piece, charr cultural t2 helm and t3 shoulders, revenant gauntlets and studded plate leggins and boots

Attachments:

in Revenant

Posted by: frayon.3984

frayon.3984

This is my rev, imagine him with a the fractal back item instead of that one and bolt. I have the back item now done and am working on getting zap. Otherwise this is exactly how I want him to be.

Attachments:

in Revenant

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

http://imgur.com/a/gn9uk

Here’s mine, undecided on hair color, the white is just a place holder. Will experiment more later, maybe black or blond.

in Revenant

Posted by: Rhovanion.8234

Rhovanion.8234

This is my rev, his name is General Bubble and will be commanding when he’s ready!

Attachments:

in Revenant

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

Meet My Sweet Linnëa! Just waiting for HoT release to get my Tormented shield+Crystalline sword (nostalgia) to her.

Attachments:

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

in Revenant

Posted by: ThalToz.9132

ThalToz.9132

here are mine !! haven’t decide quite yet which race im gonna roll .

Attachments:

(edited by ThalToz.9132)

in Revenant

Posted by: Tritone.1395

Tritone.1395

The Revenant of Ebonhawk

Attachments: