Needed Changes in Upcoming Patch!

in Revenant

Posted by: Luclinraider.2317

Luclinraider.2317

Hey guys….and Devs…..DEVS!

Just wanted to post my opinion on needed buffs/nerfs/changes in the upcoming patch for Rev.

Note: If it is not mentioned, then I think it’s fine as is. The exception to this is Centaur Stance, which I did not thoroughly test.

Weapon Sets:

Sword:

#1: Damage needs to be lowered a bit. A BIT, is the key word here. It’s just a tad high for a class with toggle SS, leading to AA with SS being our highest form of DPS.

#2: Needs a buff in damage. The skill literally hits for 300 depending on what gear you’re using. No skill should hit so low on a level 80. Pull damage from 1 and 3 and put it here.

#3: This skill…..all I’ve seen is complaining about this skill. I personally don’t’ think it’s OP at all. It’s easy to see coming and dodge the majority of it. It also does very low damage unless you’re alone…..and even then, against certain enemies such as Mesmer, Necro, or even Ranger, the damage is halved, if not cut into fractions due to multiple targets. But OK, if you blow your quills, and use it on say…a thief who is alone, it can do some serious damage. So a small damage nerf is warranted if it means #2 gets some more damage.

Sword Off Hand:

#4: I would personally like to see this skill completely redone into a damage move. We already have shield, which makes both skill into healing/blocking. We don’t need more blocking on our Sword #4. This should be another offensive skill.

Hammer:

#1: CD reduced to 0.75 and do something. Like cripple….I dunno. All other auto attacks have a built in condi or effect, except this one.

#2: Fix the hit parameters for it.

#4: Should be on a toggle that drains a certain amount of energy, like Impossible Odds.

#5: Great skill…but it’s cast time is absurd. People can literally walk out of it…..and I do mean walk…not roll or dodge….walk. The cast time on this should really be 1 second….1.25 at the most.

That’s honestly it for the weapons skills. I think the weapons with the above changes are fine. On to the Stances.

Shiro:

Jade Winds: This needs to cost 30-35 Energy. When you swap stances you are bumped to 50 Energy. Having a skill that costs 50 Energy is absurd. Me swapping stances to use a skill….in other words playing my class to its utility, shouldn’t be punished with me being forced to do nothing but auto attack for 5 seconds because I have 0 Energy. (This problem will come up in Dwarf King as well)

Dwarf King:

Inspiring Reinforcement: Need’s a damage buff. I’m currently art 2400 Power and it’s labeled damage is 640…….really? With that kind of power it should be a little more than that. I feel the length is fine, but it needs to be wider. It also needs a duration buff to around 8 seconds from 6.

Forced Engagement: Needs a damage buff, 2400 power and it labeled as 310 damage. Also needs a buff to it’s duration. 2 seconds of slow and taunt should be at least 3. This is currently, imo, the worst utility skill Rev has out of any stance.

Vengeful Hammers: Needs a damage buff AND a healing buffs AND a radius Buff….. Currently doing 93 damage a second…..might as well do 0, that’s not making any difference in the fight. Might as well heal 0 as well, 40 health isn’t changing anything. At 2400 power It should be damaging for around 300 a tick. and healing for about 200. A small amount, but enough that if I keep it up for 10 or so seconds. I’ve gotten 3k damage out of it….which is still very mediocre, but given it reduced incoming damage I’m not looking at this as doing insane damage. Also it’s radius should be 160-200.

Rite of the Great Dwarf: Now, this one has the same problem as Shiro’s Ult. It costs 50….which means if I jump into a fight and want to try and save my friends, I am punished for doing so by being left at 0 power, and being useless for 5 seconds. This should be 30-35 power.

Thins brings me to my change in general about Dwarf Stance. ALL the skills need to have their energy cost reduced. Everything in Dwarf is SO darn expensive…it makes it useless to run due to the fact that you can only cast 1 thing….that’s it.

Inspiring Reinforcement: Currently: 30 Energy. Should be: 15-20 Energy

Force Engagement: Currently: 35 Energy. Should be: 15-20 Energy

Vengeful Hammers: Currently: 5 on cast and 7 upkeep. Should be: 5 on cast, 5 Upkeep.

Demon Stance:

Empowering Misery: Need’s to heal more per condition…like…a lot more. I’d double the per condition.

Pain Absorption: Need’s to be buffed from 1 condition transferred to 2 per target.

Banish Enchantment: Remove the insane 155 damage…wowie, and give it 5 Stacks of confusion, up from 3.

Unyielding Anguish: Needs a duration bump from 4 seconds to 6. Also needs to either stack more Torment faster, or do another damaging condition such as bleed. For 30 energy just 1 stack of torment per pulse isn’t enough.

Embrace Darkness: This is the biggest problem with the stance. Dwarf, everything costs too much, this one…just doesn’t have an ulti. I understand what you were trying to do, you stack condi’s on you enemy, then get 10% more condition damage with this ult to tick harder. But it just isn’t enough to be the stances ulti. Need’s to give 15% to all stats up from 10%, should pulse 2 stacks of torment, up from 1. And it’s upkeep should be dropped from 7 energy, to 5. I’m still not sure if this is enough to make it viable. But it should help.

Glint:

Infuse Light: Initial heal needs to be buffed. Currently a 1k heal…..think it’s the lowest heal in the game. Depending on enemies damaging you for your heal isn’t viable against good players.

Chaotic Release: Needs its cast time dropped to 1 second from 1.25.

On to Talent Tree’s.

Devastation:

Ferocious Strikes: This shouldn’t have a pre-req. It should just be 150 Ferocity for using your Talent point on it.

Focused Siphoning: Need a small buff.

Herald:

Elder’s Force: Needs to be 3% per boon.

Enhanced Bulwark: Is this really a GM trait? This just needs to be taken out and replaced with something else. I wouldn’t even take this as the minor trait lol.

F2: The F2 skills aura seems a little pointless to me. The activate I love though so…..who knows.

Retribution:

Enduring Recovery: Needs its ICD lowered from 10 to 7.

Close Quarters: Needs it’s range threshold reduced from 360 to 300

Improved Aggression: Should do something in PvP. Maybe it only increases taunt duration by 50% to players instead of 100%. It’s dumb that there’s a trait that just has no effect in PvP.

Everything in the Ret GM tree need a lower ICD:

Empowering Vengence: No ICD, down from 1.

Versed in Stone: 30 sec CD, down from 45.

Steadfast Rejuvination: 2 sec ICD, down from 4.

Corrupotion:

Maniacal Persistence: What is this….an occasional guaranteed crit in the condition tree….and it’s a GM….really? Replacement needed.

That’s it!

As you can see, I think several nerfs are needed on the weapon side of Rev, mainly sword, but some buffs are needed on the Traits of Rev when I compared them to my other classes Trait Lines.

And of course some flat out buffs are needed on some of stances to make them viable over Shiro/Glint.

Let me know what you guys think, or any changes you would make.

P.S.: Sorry Centaur Stance/Salvation Trait line. I just have a Druid….why would I ever use you for healing lol.

(edited by Luclinraider.2317)

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

> #1: Damage needs to be lowered a bit. A BIT, is the key word here. It’s just a tad high for a class with toggle SS, leading to AA with SS being our highest form of DPS.

Wrong. If AA + quickness is a problem, it is the access to quickness that has to be adjusted. Otherwise, you are nerfing non-Shiro builds for no reason whatsoever.

>#1: CD reduced to 0.75 and do something. Like cripple….I dunno. All other auto attacks have a built in condi or effect, except this one.

No, it is already very good and does not need a boost in any way. leave it alone.

Glint heal does NOT need a buff to base damage. Most of the buffs you are suggesting are not needed.

(edited by Misguided.5139)

in Revenant

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Just wanted to post my opinion on needed buffs/nerfs/changes in the upcoming patch for Rev.

Note: If it is not mentioned, then I think it’s fine as is. The exception to this is Centaur Stance, which I did not thoroughly test.

Weapon Sets:

Sword:

#1: Damage needs to be lowered a bit. A BIT, is the key word here. It’s just a tad high for a class with toggle SS, leading to AA with SS being our highest form of DPS.

#2: Needs a buff in damage. The skill literally hits for 300 depending on what gear you’re using. No skill should hit so low on a level 80. Pull damage from 1 and 3 and put it here.

#3: This skill…..all I’ve seen is complaining about this skill. I personally don’t’ think it’s OP at all. It’s easy to see coming and dodge the majority of it. It also does very low damage unless you’re alone…..and even then, against certain enemies such as Mesmer, Necro, or even Ranger, the damage is halved, if not cut into fractions due to multiple targets. But OK, if you blow your quills, and use it on say…a thief who is alone, it can do some serious damage. So a small damage nerf is warranted if it means #2 gets some more damage.

Sword Off Hand:

#4: I would personally like to see this skill completely redone into a damage move. We already have shield, which makes both skill into healing/blocking. We don’t need more blocking on our Sword #4. This should be another offensive skill.

Hammer:

#1: CD reduced to 0.75 and do something. Like cripple….I dunno. All other auto attacks have a built in condi or effect, except this one.

#4: Should be on a toggle that drains a certain amount of energy, like Impossible Odds.

#5: Great skill…but it’s cast time is absurd. People can literally walk out of it…..and I do mean walk…not roll or dodge….walk. The cast time on this should really be 1 second….1.25 at the most.

That’s honestly it for the weapons skills. I think the weapons with the above changes are fine. On to the Stances.

Shiro:

Jade Winds: This needs to cost 30-35 Energy. When you swap stances you are bumped to 50 Energy. Having a skill that costs 50 Energy is absurd. Me swapping stances to use a skill….in other words playing my class to its utility, shouldn’t be punished with me being forced to do nothing but auto attack for 5 seconds because I have 0 Energy. (This problem will come up in Dwarf King as well)

Dwarf King:

Inspiring Reinforcement: Need’s a damage buff. I’m currently art 2400 Power and it’s labeled damage is 640…….really? With that kind of power it should be a little more than that. I feel the length is fine, but it needs to be wider. It also needs a duration buff to around 8 seconds from 6.

Forced Engagement: Needs a damage buff, 2400 power and it labeled as 310 damage. Also needs a buff to it’s duration. 2 seconds of slow and taunt should be at least 3. This is currently, imo, the worst utility skill Rev has out of any stance.

Vengeful Hammers: Needs a damage buff AND a healing buffs AND a radius Buff….. Currently doing 93 damage a second…..might as well do 0, that’s not making any difference in the fight. Might as well heal 0 as well, 40 health isn’t changing anything. At 2400 power It should be damaging for around 300 a tick. and healing for about 200. A small amount, but enough that if I keep it up for 10 or so seconds. I’ve gotten 3k damage out of it….which is still very mediocre, but given it reduced incoming damage I’m not looking at this as doing insane damage. Also it’s radius should be 160-200.

Rite of the Great Dwarf: Now, this one has the same problem as Shiro’s Ult. It costs 50….which means if I jump into a fight and want to try and save my friends, I am punished for doing so by being left at 0 power, and being useless for 5 seconds. This should be 30-35 power.

Thins brings me to my change in general about Dwarf Stance. ALL the skills need to have their energy cost reduced. Everything in Dwarf is SO darn expensive…it makes it useless to run due to the fact that you can only cast 1 thing….that’s it.

Vengeful Hammers: Currently: 5 on cast and 7 upkeep. Should be: 5 on cast, 5 Upkeep.

Demon Stance:

Empowering Misery: Need’s to heal more per condition…like…a lot more. I’d double the per condition.

Pain Absorption: Need’s to be buffed from 1 condition transferred to 2 per target.

Banish Enchantment: Remove the insane 155 damage…wowie, and give it 5 Stacks of confusion, up from 3.

Unyielding Anguish: Needs a duration bump from 4 seconds to 6. Also needs to either stack more Torment faster, or do another damaging condition such as bleed. For 30 energy just 1 stack of torment per pulse isn’t enough.

Embrace Darkness: This is the biggest problem with the stance. Dwarf, everything costs too much, this one…just doesn’t have an ulti. I understand what you were trying to do, you stack condi’s on you enemy, then get 10% more condition damage with this ult to tick harder. But it just isn’t enough to be the stances ulti. Need’s to give 15% to all stats up from 10%, should pulse 2 stacks of torment, up from 1. And it’s upkeep should be dropped from 7 energy, to 5. I’m still not sure if this is enough to make it viable. But it should help.

Glint:

Infuse Light: Initial heal needs to be buffed. Currently a 1k heal…..think it’s the lowest heal in the game. Depending on enemies damaging you for your heal isn’t viable against good players.

On to Talent Tree’s.

Devastation:

Ferocious Strikes: This shouldn’t have a pre-req. It should just be 150 Ferocity for using your Talent point on it.

Herald:

Enhanced Bulwark: Is this really a GM trait? This just needs to be taken out and replaced with something else. I wouldn’t even take this as the minor trait lol.

F2: The F2 skills aura seems a little pointless to me. The activate I love though so…..who knows.

Retribution:

Improved Aggression: Should do something in PvP. Maybe it only increases taunt duration by 50% to players instead of 100%. It’s dumb that there’s a trait that just has no effect in PvP.

Corrupotion:

Maniacal Persistence: What is this….an occasional guaranteed crit in the condition tree….and it’s a GM….really? Replacement needed.

That’s it!

As you can see, I think several nerfs are needed on the weapon side of Rev, mainly sword, but some buffs are needed on the Traits of Rev when I compared them to my other classes Trait Lines.

And of course some flat out buffs are needed on some of stances to make them viable over Shiro/Glint.

P.S.: Sorry Centaur Stance/Salvation Trait line. I just have a Druid….why would I ever use you for healing lol.

Gonna touch up on some things I disagree with.

Sword #3
I don’t think it needs a nerf as far as damage.
I think the ability should be five (5) hits, but don’t nerf the damage ( since it is honestly already avoidable, and easily negated.)
This makes the ability a bit easier to dodge for people who don’t want to get better at the game. ( since those are the people Anet seems to cater to)

Pain Absorption.
I think this needs to be a straight cleanse. The rev has no real way to utilize the condies it transfers to itself since the condi copy has been removed from the elite.

Glint Heal#
I don’t think the heal is that bad, but a buff to it would be welcome.

Shiro Elite-Jade Winds.

I disagree with an energy reduction, the power of this ability and the fact you can combo it to other high damage attacks makes it’s cost justified. Also it has kitten cd. pretty powerful for an AoE stun.

Embrace the Darkness.
I completely agree about this skill being garbage, but it needs a complete rework.
It needs a new identity because currently Mallyx is so confused it’s sad.
With the direction that has been going with mallyx so far I would say that the ult needs to pulse 3 random damaging condies ( burn,bleed,torment,poison, confusion) and 1 random debilitating condi ( weakness,cripple,chill,immobilize, vuln).

Rite of the Great Dwarf.
This being the stun break in Jalis is bad, very very bad.
I agree with you about the energy cost but if they wont do that.
I think the stun break should be moved to another ability that Jalis has, because 50energy to me makes this legend subpar when compared to glint or even shiro.

Either move the stun break to another ability or reduce the energy AND cast time.

Empowering Misery-
I think needs to grant resistance per condi currently on you OR just straight cleanse them.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

(edited by Solori.6025)

in Revenant

Luclinraider.2317

> #1: Damage needs to be lowered a bit. A BIT, is the key word here. It’s just a tad high for a class with toggle SS, leading to AA with SS being our highest form of DPS.

Wrong. If AA + quickness is a problem, it is the access to quickness that has to be adjusted. Otherwise, you are nerfing non-Shiro builds for no reason whatsoever.

I can agree with you there. But then how will they do that? The only way I see to fix it in terms of adjusting the SS is by removing Impossible Odds completely….which is bad.

in Revenant

Posted by: MercenaryNote.8506

MercenaryNote.8506

Dwarf is not supposed to do damage, Stop trying to make it that way.
Inspiring reinforcement doesn’t need any of those buffs, it just needs to apply it’s stability faster and make the road matchup with running speed.

Forced engagement is supposed to be just that, a forced engagement, if anything reduce the CD by 2 seconds.

Vengeful hammers aren’t supposed to deal damage, it’s anti-stacking. Seriously, use it when enemies are clustered around you in PvP, PvE and WvW, you’ll be up for the entire fight, and if you’re one on one, it’s still a 20% dmg reduction that stacks. An upkeep reduction I agree with however, but not -5 cuz that’s broken being able to keep it up for basically 24/7, -6 seems more fit.

The elite is fine the way it is, if you’re finding trouble using the elite cuz you don’t have enough energy, maybe try managing your energy properly? I don’t think I’ve ever had energy problems, especially in dwarf stance.

in Revenant

Misguided.5139

I can agree with you there. But then how will they do that? The only way I see to fix it in terms of adjusting the SS is by removing Impossible Odds completely….which is bad.

I am not suggesting a change is needed, but if it were, the pulse frequency (and upkeep) could be changed to occur/be paid more frequently, decreasing the overall duration.

in Revenant

Posted by: The Ace.9105

The Ace.9105

Plz don’t remove this trait! Enchanced Bulwark is an excellent trait that synchronizes well with the Retribution taitline and is actually very balanced and stable trait choice since revenant has not really a viable access to stability when you look at the total amount of cc you’ll be getting during a battle. One stability after dodge gets removed super easy and this trait is good because of that.

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Stopped reading after dmg nerf to auto. And now i see a quote about removing my double stab on dodge which is probably our best stuff here. If anything that cheap crystal hibernation on 25% should go away with current cd.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Stopped reading after dmg nerf to auto. And now i see a quote about removing my double stab on dodge which is probably our best stuff here. If anything that cheap crystal hibernation on 25% should go away with current cd.

I agree with this.

The CD should probably be 60s like the rest of them

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in Revenant

Misguided.5139

Burtnik,

So it’s ok to nerf a trait someone else likes, just not the one you use?

(edited by Misguided.5139)

in Revenant

Luclinraider.2317

Guys, this is a list of changes based on what I have seen, played, and read about on other people’s opinions.

I’ll never understand people who come back with hostility because I am saying a trait they use should be nerfed. Like I knew you personally, knew you used it, and am trying to screw you :P

I do appreciate those of you with constructive criticism though.

in Revenant

Misguided.5139

Luclin, sorry for any confusion there, that wasn’t directed at you.

in Revenant

Posted by: Appleheart.7891

Appleheart.7891

Hammer:

Yes! Although not cripple, imo.

I’d love to see a bit of Torment added to the AA on the Hammer, so as to synergize with use for condi builds too, since Rev currently has no weapon swap option really for a condi build, and no ranged option.

Due to how Corruption spec adds Poison as well when abilities applies torment the base torment could be scaled quite low, so as to not make the AA too OP for Power builds, while still providing a very valuable and needed ranged option for Condi.

in Revenant

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

Auto attack is literally the only reliable cleaving we have and you want to nerf it? :S

Seriously it’s good but not nearly OP. Sure the quickness + AA combo is deadly but guess what? It’s supposed to be! Sword on Revenant is a weapon that relies heavily on it’s AA for damage and nerfing it would be a huge mistake. If anything, nerf UA’s damage just a bit and buff Sword 2 and Sword 5.

Also removing block on Sword 4 would be another huge mistake. The mobile defense it offers is the only reason to pick it over Shield besides the unreliable pull on Sword 5.

in Revenant

Posted by: Imperator totius Sylvari.9164

Imperator totius Sylvari.9164

Please no, if anything the sword auto attack is actually fine, if you use the assassins quickness your Energy is drained at -10(which is everything) by mostly doing that and leave’s the rev venerable if there is a cd on stance, maybe you can get away with this in general PvE but in PvP? No it is no where near as forgiving. Skill 2 is wtf was Anet thinking here and skill 3 is unreliable at best. Believe or not the revenants damage is no where near as strong as other classes at this very time and truth be told it is not meant to. That seemingly useless f2 skill is what makes the Herald shine, that 50% boon duration will make everyone love you and your boon stacking ability.

Truth be told I would not touch the dwarf stance utilities, Shiro heal needs work or better scaling with power. Agreed corruption GM trait is bad, also retribution needs a rework. Glints heal is the best heal we revenants have as it invites us to go to an area full of damage, go in deep and get full health easy.

Now when it comes to nerfs and buffs you must realise that Anet has to take in account ALL OF THE GAME, from WvW to PvP to PvE and its subsections such as dungeons, fractals, raids and such, I personally think revenants need a very very slight buff to damage

Founder of [CBA]/Former vE
No.2 Warrior NA/Irl behind Mr Kitten.7359

in Revenant

Posted by: Icdan Sevaen.4628

Icdan Sevaen.4628

Stopped reading after reading about sword.
Sword aa is primary damage from sword, sword #2 has nearly 700 base damage with 4 stacks of might at Teq, so where’s the 300 coming from… I’ve had 3-4k crits with it. Maybe even more.
UA is good for 1v1’s, add a second target and your damage already drops a load. No need for a nerf.

in Revenant

Posted by: gannondorf.7628

gannondorf.7628

upkeep skills in Glint stances turn off randomly too. I have think this was fixed in a patch but it don’t seems, especially after being underwater.

(edited by gannondorf.7628)

in Revenant

Misguided.5139

upkeep skills in Glint stances turn off randomly too. I have think this was fixed in a patch but it don’t seems, especially after being underwater.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/revenant/Underwater-more-limited-than-ever-facet-bug/

in Revenant

Posted by: Imperator totius Sylvari.9164

Imperator totius Sylvari.9164

Stopped reading after reading about sword.
Sword aa is primary damage from sword, sword #2 has nearly 700 base damage with 4 stacks of might at Teq, so where’s the 300 coming from… I’ve had 3-4k crits with it. Maybe even more.
UA is good for 1v1’s, add a second target and your damage already drops a load. No need for a nerf.

Give this man a cookie!

Founder of [CBA]/Former vE
No.2 Warrior NA/Irl behind Mr Kitten.7359

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Weapon Sets:

Sword:

Sword Off Hand:

Hammer:

Shiro:

Dwarf King:

Demon Stance:

Glint:

On to Talent Tree’s.

Devastation:

Herald:

Retribution:

Corrupotion:

That’s it!

I nearly disagree with most of this and I think most of what you have posted is just from not understanding Rev’s skills and how the Legend stances are supposed to function.

Just to make a quick note, I think Revenant is near to a good state. I do agree with the energy costs on Dwarf stance needing to be slightly reduced, but the skills themselves are fine as a function with the sole exception of the Road. Stability should be granted immediately, and then pulse the stab stacks if you stay on it.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee