Pulsating Pestilence

Pulsating Pestilence

in Revenant

Posted by: misterdevious.6482

misterdevious.6482

Forum bug is trying to prevent people from reading the good news.

Pulsating Pestilence

in Revenant

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

The trait is actually working as intended (25% chance to apply torment), but the tooltip is incredibly inaccurate.

That said, I don’t think it’s GM worthy with a 15s ICD. How does 10s sound?

25% chance to apply torment on hit? how is that a grandmaster? Im not really sure there is any such thing as minor,major and grandmaster anymore. Those distinctions were made when we had to allocate points into the trait system. Now there is no benefit to not using part of a line

Personaly dont know why the entire trait system was removed, it definitely wasn’t to “encourage build diversity” if you really want more haracter in the trait sytem then bring back the point system with proper GM traits but simplified

As for the corruption line. Shouldn’t there be a defensive “GM” trait? the legend already has a lot of access to torment as it is, the last thing it needs is more torment let alone one insignificant stack.

Would it be possible if some of the devs would do a segment on ‘On Point’ and explain what they are thinking when they create the traits. I would like to understand if there is some planning behind it or do they just wing it and wait 4 months to change it again.

Pulsating Pestilence

in Revenant

Posted by: Hooglese.4860

Hooglese.4860

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions, all. We’ll likely be looking at redesigning the trait entirely – maybe reincorporating some of its original functionality/direction.

If that happens, if I get my old Mallyx back, I will name you personally “Saviour of the Revenants” while I slowly feed you toffees. Well, I can do one of those things

PvP
revenant – Hoogles Von Boogles
Mesmer – hoogelz

Pulsating Pestilence

in Revenant

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions, all. We’ll likely be looking at redesigning the trait entirely – maybe reincorporating some of its original functionality/direction.

If that happens, if I get my old Mallyx back, I will name you personally “Saviour of the Revenants” while I slowly feed you toffees. Well, I can do one of those things

lol community back at it again. They take something they shouldnt have, return it, then seen as heroes for it

Pulsating Pestilence

in Revenant

Posted by: MercenaryNote.8506

MercenaryNote.8506

It would be amazing if the trait would make Mallyx elite work like it used to, so if your group has lots of Condi clear you take Diabolic Inferno, and if not, you take Pulsating Pestilence. Thus, the reason it was changed previously is now obsolete as there is now a choice!

Pulsating Pestilence

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

lol community back at it again. They take something they shouldnt have, return it, then seen as heroes for it

You summed it up nicely. This is pathetic. One useless trait, big deal.
One of many useless traits, bugged skills that cannot land due to terrain issues, cd on utility skills that wasnt supposed to be here, ridiculous energy costs, long cds on some wep skills (staff, shield), a joke sword which for whatever reason loses 50/75% damage to a single target if a pet/minion/whatever will be near, an shiro pathetic heal that can be reflected to heal your target..

But hey.. they “fixing” pulsating. Lets praise them.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Pulsating Pestilence

in Revenant

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

What about this:

• every 3 seconds a random condition(all his stacks) is copied up to 5 targets in 240 radius
    Chance when struck to get 1 second of resistance (25% chance) icd 1 second.

This should make the revenant more sturdy against condis And also more dangerous against condi bombs.

Also should be easy enough to implement and more importantly to understand the mechanic.

What do you think?

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

Pulsating Pestilence

in Revenant

Posted by: ShadowRain X.8159

ShadowRain X.8159

Back in beta i was using Resistance and Pulsating Pestilence to counter Perplexity Mesmers, corruption Necros, etc in wvw roaming making them kill themselves with thier own conditions. Then they messed up this trait and nerfed Resistance duration and ele’s Diamond Skin. Now wvw is just a Condi particularly Perplexity fest.

Pulsating Pestilence

in Revenant

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

Apply poison in 600 range point-blank area effect on skill use, no CD.

downed state is bad for PVP

Pulsating Pestilence

in Revenant

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

It would be amazing if the trait would make Mallyx elite work like it used to, so if your group has lots of Condi clear you take Diabolic Inferno, and if not, you take Pulsating Pestilence. Thus, the reason it was changed previously is now obsolete as there is now a choice!

This is pretty much what I was thinking reading through this thread. Make it a trait, and Mallyx players can look at their team composition and what they expect to face, and adjust their grandmaster trait accordingly.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

Pulsating Pestilence

in Revenant

Posted by: lucadiro.4519

lucadiro.4519

Can you please add at this trait the option for make torment does full damage in pve even if the enemy is not moving? Only in pve thanks

Parabrezza

Pulsating Pestilence

in Revenant

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Would love for this trait (or something) to return Embrace the Darkness back to it’s former glory. The original Malyxx design was great! I know the reason given for why it was changed, but that reason never made sense. Reason was given that they didn’t want condi-cleanse to upset Revenant players. However the Heal and some traits kept the functionality of becoming more powerful with condies. I hate that the elite lost its luster.

Anyway, rant over. Appreciate that a dev is paying attention to Revenant again.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Pulsating Pestilence

in Revenant

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

Josh;

How anyone ever thought a 25% chance of putting 1 stack of torment with a 15s icd in the first place as a GM trait just blows me away. Anyone can see in an instant of reading that sentence that it doesn’t even come close.

And I have to say, I’ve been extremely disappointed for a long time now with not only this, but the removal of the condi copying functionality. I remember perfectly well what the team was saying – that it conflicts with those classes doing condi removal, and you were seeking to remove stress – but the entire revenant community howled in protest, and you guys just flat out ignored it.

you really need to listen to your player base more. I can’t say for certain, but I feel moderately confident in saying that the majority of the revenant base would STILL prefer the condi copying functionality back, or some portion of it. It’s like when the WVW team didnt listen to people, and now, finally, they are again; what does it take for you guys to LISTEN to us! Heck, it wasn’t even overpowered!

In fact, there were many excellent suggestions for many people on how it could be modified to keep the feel and reduce the conflict, but you guys didn’t really listen then either, and it’s been profoundly disappointing. I loved my revenant when it first began, but now he’s tied with engineer for the #3-4 position. Bring back some condi copying functionality on both his elite and this trait, and it might make us a LOT happier.

Just sayin’.