Renegade Demo Weekend Feedback

in Revenant

Posted by: Joxer.6024

Joxer.6024

Keep in mind that in pve and raids many times you don’t use your full weapon skill set. I hardly ever use sword 3 as cPS, not in the rotation so yea, still might be some hope for this and raids.

Sword 3 is a dps increase to your rotation once the boss reaches 50%…

Meh, not in qT’s, whom I follow…like a lemming, lol:

Blaze Breaker
Flames of War
Shattering Blow
Head Butt
Berserk
Flaming Flurry
Weapon Swap
Fan of Fire
Scorched Earth
Blood Reckoning
Scorched Earth
Pin Down
Arcing Arrow
Fan of Fire
Scorched Earth
Shattering Blow
Scorched Earth
Fan of Fire
Weapon Swap
Blaze Breaker
Flaming Flurry
Flames of War
Savage Leap
Shattering Blow
Head Butt
Blaze Breaker

in Revenant

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

Brutal Momentum is doing weird things to crit chance.

When I gain fury, for an instant they both apply, then Brutal Momentum’s crit bonus drops even when I have full endurance, then it reapplies itself a few seconds later, then sometimes it drops again if the fury lasts long enough, and sometimes when the fury expires, so does Brutal Momentum.

in Revenant

Posted by: Jarettellis.7813

Jarettellis.7813

Tried full condi, power, and hybrid (all in wvw)
Didn’t like condi that much (also stems from a hatred of them as a power rev main)
Power was good. Pewpewing with AA and like 1k life steal a hit (should be more once we can get blood sigil and life steal food).
Hybrid: (corrupt/invoc/renegade) all the torment, bleeds, and 1-2k autos. Made for a decent skirmisher.

Vikings with Attitude (Zerk)

in Revenant

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

This weekend bums me out so bad as I see they other classes rejoicing in their cool new stuff, and I got to dislocate my retinas rolling my eyes so hard at the renegade kit.

Rejoicing ?

LOL… you obviously haven’t been following the other professions forums or you’d see that the majority have been disappointed in their classes new elites… with the exception of the Holosmith… people love that ! ( look out for incoming nerfs to that one).

in Revenant

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

Another thing: the amount of PvP terrain in which shortbow #4 doesn’t work is just astonishing. In places like Foefire’s Legacy the central control point is almost the only location in which you can even aim with that crap: in both the quarry and the waterfall any small slant in the terrain makes the area cursor to go red effectively reducing your bow skills to 4. And take care thar short bow #2 is mostly steaming garbage.

ANet should have given us us a mainhand pistol with short bow’s #1, #3 and #5, so at least we could compensate the lack of defensive tools with off hand sword or something. This thing is top bottom even vs core Rev.

in Revenant

Posted by: Eric.7813

Eric.7813

My Experience:

Short Bow skills were enjoyable.

unfortunately, The renegade is NOT the same quality as the other elite specializations…

The first major disappointment, the legend. There are a lot more interesting and iconic characters from Elona that should have been used for this elite specialization.

the second major disappointment, the mechanic. Summoning lame animations that slap the ground and grunt is simply not enjoyable.

This has effected my decision to by the expansion.

in Revenant

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

Whats good: Shortbow skills feel unique and enjoyable, the trait lines feel like they have meaningful choices for a condi build. the f2 skill makes sense. I could see this and scorge not requiring a PS warrior to sustain a group.

What’s meh: Shortbow numbers. I understand its a range weapon, but I really find my self still just swapping to mace axe to get out the numbers. Part of this is the bleed dmg increase traits don’t seem to work.

F3 skill reads like it would be amazing but between the cast time and the projectile speed, it feels like the only person I am going to hit is someone afk or a pve mob dumb enough to stand there. It’s so telegraphed I would say too telegraphed for the cost in a pvp senario.

What has problems:

The legend. I don’t know how else to say this, but the stance feels totally disjointed from the weapon and trait lines. There is no condi support, no condi damage. It’s all power based wells with an hp pool that is easily cleaved down. These need changes and I don’t mean “up the damage” this is more of get rid of the hp pools and call them what they are… wells (and convert one to some kind of condi damage).

The heal either does not work or is so underwhelming I don’t notice it and yet this is the only only skill of value on the whole bar it’s the only one you can rely to at least do something in larger scale play, and that is stunbreak.

F4 skill. now I get the intent is to augment the ventari to provide an alacrity alternative to chrono. The issue I find with this is it means your stuck with staff. Staff is really not great atm. Sword shield at least provided some vuln, higer dps while allowing you to heal with shield on glint.

Sb as 900 range weapon: I feel that in many cases it would be more efficient to use axe to get into the fray and use mace. Sb as a whole has lower damage, but does not really fix condi rev’s problem of being kited/hit from afar. Hammer is all 1200 range. Sb needs to be the condi equivalent in terms of range.

Sb 3: this skill is very problematic at closer range.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

in Revenant

Posted by: Ashamir.9574

Ashamir.9574

I played Renegade in WvW, with Malinx and Jalis, Carrion armor and shortbow/mace/axe.

I like shortbow as a weapon, including the skills. They take a little too much engery tho, because I had a lot of cases where I just stood there with 0 zero energy left after a few skills. It’s mildly annoying.

Renegade stance itself feels unuseable to me both in WvW and PvP. The spirits you summon are strange in the sense that they a) feel like they don’t fit as ultility skills at all, and b) aren’t actual ghosts but NPCs that are subjective to things like CC. Popping one of those things in a zerg fight is just silly.

This feels like pure PvE spec atm.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Stop saying this. It’s terrible in PvE too.
- It basically has 0 use in exploration with no condi cleanse or mobility options. Even the stun break on heal is terrible.
- Phantasm-Wells can be destroyed or CC’d in PvE too. It’s not like they are immune from it in PvE.
- Renegade’s Condi DPS is ludicrous compared to what Holosmith, Firebrand, Weaver and Soulbeast can offer. Nobody, NOBODY would even look for a condi Revenant with those 4 monsters existing in the game.
- Energy cost is still crap.
- Shortbow is shorter range compared to Hammer and has no defensive options to compensate for it, while Hammer has a barrier for projectiles and life siphon.

(edited by Kidel.2057)

in Revenant

Posted by: Thz.7569

Thz.7569

- It basically has 0 use in exploration with no condi cleanse or mobility options. Even the stun break on heal is terrible.
- Phantasm-Wells can be destroyed or CC’d in PvE too. It’s not like they are immune from it in PvE.
- Renegade’s Condi DPS is ludicrous compared to what Holosmith, Firebrand, Weaver and Soulbeast can offer. Nobody, NOBODY would even look for a condi Revenant with those 4 monsters existing in the game.
- Shortbow is shorter range compared to Hammer and has no defensive options to compensate for it, while Hammer has a barrier for projectiles and life siphon.

How are you coming to the conclusion that Renegade condi dps is garbage? I can assure you you’re wrong. Condi revenant was already strong, Renegade trait line just flat out helps what’s already there.

in Revenant

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

Honestly I’m just frustrated at my inhability to play this spec because we’re barred from PvE content. As someone who only PvEs this is a huge middle finger, specially for such a static spec like renegade. Whoever thought not letting us try PvE content definitely needs to rethink their decisions. Like, we had the HoT specs in pve, why not now?

in Revenant

Posted by: Wiseman.4075

Wiseman.4075

Renegade trait line is honestly pretty decent for either straight dmg or condi but the shortbow and the Kalla utilities suck. I’d definitely use the specialization but I dont think I’d ever use Kalla utilities as they are. They dont offer any thing useful enough for how easy they are to kill or cc. I’d love to see shortbow get more burst or utility but until then probably wouldnt have any reason to pull it out. This specialization/weapon feels BY FAR the weakest compared to any of the other new specializations.

in Revenant

Buran.3796

How are you coming to the conclusion that Renegade condi dps is garbage? I can assure you you’re wrong. Condi revenant was already strong, Renegade trait line just flat out helps what’s already there.

A problem that the traitline has is that the only traits which enhances the condition damage (+25% duration and +25% damage, Bloody Fury and Heartpiercer) do only affects bleeds. The core Revenant base conditions are torment, burn and chill/venom (to some extent). So the Renegade doesn’t have synergies in condition damage to the core build; only buffs bleeds, which are provided by the shortbow.

And happens that the shortbow does a fraction of the damage provided by mace + axe (and half of the skills are terrible due almost everything in the terrain acts to prevent them to work). So shortbow’s #3,#4 are like a Vengeful Hammers 2.0.

Seems that ANet is unable to design Revenant skills which interact “normally” with the terrain: Vengeful Hammers stopping at the sight of a slant, Unrelenting Assaut phasing you inside walls, shortbow # 4 impossible to place because a 5 cm mushroom arises from the floor, shortbow’s #3 losing projectiles due “reasons”…

in Revenant

Posted by: Zanobi.1608

Zanobi.1608

A problem that the traitline has is that the only traits which enhances the condition damage (+25% duration and +25% damage, Bloody Fury and Heartpiercer) do only affects bleeds. The core Revenant base conditions are torment, burn and chill/venom (to some extent). So the Renegade doesn’t have synergies in condition damage to the core build; only buffs bleeds, which are provided by the shortbow.

And happens that the shortbow does a fraction of the damage provided by mace + axe (and half of the skills are terrible due almost everything in the terrain acts to prevent them to work). So shortbow’s #3,#4 are like a Vengeful Hammers 2.0.

Seems that ANet is unable to design Revenant skills which interact “normally” with the terrain: Vengeful Hammers stopping at the sight of a slant, Unrelenting Assaut phasing you inside walls, shortbow # 4 impossible to place because a 5 cm mushroom arises from the floor, shortbow’s #3 losing projectiles due “reasons”…

You’re forgetting the 20% increased damage on all outgoing condis from Kalla’s Fervor (traited).

Renegatus [Ren]

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

32k DPS is nowhere near what the new elite specs are, and also pretty far from Tempest already.

And the new traits buff almost nothing about the core condi Revenant, but mainly affect the bleeding from the new skills.
Mallyx is based on Torment.

in Revenant

Buran.3796

You’re forgetting the 20% increased damage on all outgoing condis from Kalla’s Fervor (traited).

That’s stacking Fervor, which can be gained flanking oponents, getting fury, crits, etc. But you need to chose certain traits, and in combat getting those stacks isn’t as easy, specially due the Renegade is frail, so oftenly you need to retreat losing those bonus.

In WvW my experiece was that you can use the bow + Shiro to put some pressure, but your deaths (with sb/m+a) do come when the enemy makes the mistake to try to fight at mele range when you turn to Mallyx and mace + axe.

in Revenant

Posted by: Redscyte.5432

Redscyte.5432

IDK about PvP side, I only really PvE in this game, but the new spec seems like trash, doesn’t even bring any good utility, to the mix. There are some cool things secondary moves, but they bring back the supporting feel. Of the golems I get to hit im only able to get my meters to peak around 4900. With axe/mace no elite spec i can reach 10000 easy. So I don’t know where people are saying this is a viable trade. I do specifically remember the design guy say in the video of the hype release say, “The Dragon stance was a supporting move, and we worked this new Renegade stance into being a more damage dealing focus than a support role.” I cant wait to seee someone bring to light the true potential, and Im sure there is a bunch of balancing needing to be done. So ill be patient.

in Revenant

Posted by: Lionwait.4815

Lionwait.4815

Let me tell you a little bit about my background. I am a WvW small group roamer who has doubles of each class who I have setup with a unique build each that I have created on my own. In short I am competitive who over thinks a build for months at a time. That said here is my critiquing of the new specialization for playing it ALL day.

TRAITS:

“Ambush Commander”, “Endless Enmity”, and “Brutal Momentum” are great minor proficiency’s! That give a way for power builds even tho the specialization as a whole lean towards conditions.

“Ashen Demeanor” shouldn’t have a CD on it

“Blood Fury” Perfect

“Wrought-Iron Will” Boon duration’s should be doubled because you have to evade successfully. and has a small radius of effect.

“Sudden Reversal’ Perfect

“Heartpiercer” Perfect

“All for One” Is worthless. Because protection doesn’t protect the summoning’s from condition dmg. And if you wanted to give protection to ally’s all the time then they would just use the runes of the herald with centaur Ventari’s tablet.

“Vindication” Almost perfect. I would add a energy decrease in cost by 1\2 for Citadel Bombardment.

“Lasting Legacy” Almost perfect. I would add a energy decrease in cost by 1\4 for Heroic Command.

“Righteous Rebel” Almost perfect. I would add a energy decrease in cost by 1\3 for Orders from Above

SHORT BOW:

“Shattershot” Perfect

“Bloodbane Path” Perfect

“Sevenshot” Half energy cost and make 1 second cast time.

“Spiritcrush” Make it so you can fire it behind you

“Scorchrazor” Perfect

HEAL, UTILITY’S, ELITE:

“Breakrazor’s Bastion” Perfect. A great idea for groups to take less condition damage. I can see this being used and being reset with Orders from Above and Serene Rejuvenation on a support build going Centaur stance and Renegade stance.

“Razorclaw’s Rage” Perfect. More support that makes ally’s do more condition dmg.

“Icerazor’s Ire” Perfect. AOE CC support.

“Darkrazor’s Daring” Perfect AOE CC support again. You can even use sigil of draining and steal a bunch of heal from the enemy’s. CRAZY!

“Soulcleave’s Summit” Perfect. Have your group kill a pesky warrior that has endure pain up? Look no further!

The last thing to sum things up is making all the summoning’s from the mists to take no damage. This may seem a bit powerful but just think about it in these terms. Most people find playing full support boring. OK OK there is some…… condition dmg but you cant compare it to Firebrand and if you are you got’s to give us a 25% movement trait. No rapid flow doesn’t count…. Its just annoying, kinda like the whole centaur tablet moving/heal wich is another point to make going full support lackluster.

in Revenant

Posted by: ScottBroChill.3254

ScottBroChill.3254

Just give us a third elite spec that allows us to pick our own heal, utilities, and elite and nothing more. It’s like they wanted to make a second elementalis, but instead of everything flowing they wanted everything clunky and restricted by 3 different things; legend recharge, energy cost, skill recharge. Some of the skills are fun, and some of the spirits are cool, but it just doesn’t work for kitten.

in Revenant

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

Just give us a third elite spec that allows us to pick our own heal, utilities, and elite and nothing more. It’s like they wanted to make a second elementalis, but instead of everything flowing they wanted everything clunky and restricted by 3 different things; legend recharge, energy cost, skill recharge. Some of the skills are fun, and some of the spirits are cool, but it just doesn’t work for kitten.

That’s 4 things, you forgot line of sight casting. 5 if you count water

in Revenant

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

Shortbow
-Skills one and two, I’m fine with.

-Skill 3….that needs some kind of change. there’s no way this is practical to acquire max damage on the regular beyond the most static of targets. I’d recommend making it similar to Ranger’s SB3 where you gain evade frames while shooting.

Something like “Deploy an arrow while retreating that explodes shortly after, crippling and tormenting foes hit by the blast” w/ 3/4 iframes.

Skill 4: Reduce pulses to 3,but deal more damage/burning or cripple/slow enemies who move in/out of the ring, akin to Test of Faith.

Skill 5: Pretty decent. Might just be me, but it seems to “fade” before reaching max range sometimes, though

Traits
I dont have an issue with too many of the traits, though there are some changes I’d like.

Righteous Rebel should shed (or convert) conditions. Something like:
“Using a Legendary skill removes conditions depending on the amount of Kalla’s Fervor active. Using a Legendary Renegade skill cleanses more conditions. Conditions cured per 5 stacks: 2 (Legendary Stance)/Conditions cured per 5 stacks (3 Legendary Renegade). ICD 8s”

All For One
Its kinda lame that all it does is Protection stacking.
If each were able to apply a specific boon at a threshold of Kalla’s Fervor, the Warband members might be able to support a bit better. That might even make it GM worthy depending on which.
Imagine if Icerazor could act like a short term/lesser Frost Spirit lel

Function skills
Citadel Bombard should be reduced to 30.

Orders from Above feels fine, but I wouldnt mind a drop to 25

The Utilities are mostly okay, though I feel like Icerazor having Chill instead of Cripple would synergize better with Mallyx’s abyssal chill trait.

Beyond the obvious issue with spirits being murdered/CC’d easily, its not too bad.

in Revenant

Posted by: Ashamir.9574

Ashamir.9574

32k DPS is nowhere near what the new elite specs are, and also pretty far from Tempest already.

You know that a staff tempest does 36k dps (without power infusions) and that only on large hitboxes, and a condi tempest does 35k (and that only with FGS)? So that’s 3-4k difference that won’t matter to most peple anyway. Srsly how much dmg do you wanna do? Back to the good ol’ days where a staff tempest did 49k and nothing else was viable in a raid? headdesk

Also, I really have to ask this, did you play a Weaver with a sword?

Yes, a holosmith does incredible dps atm, but the feeback threat for it is full of “this dmg is OP, pls nerf it”. Same as the replies for Dhuumfire on the Scourge btw. because people actually notice and would rather have balancing now than nerfs of doom after release.

in Revenant

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

Like Shortbow a lot, but not too thrilled about the utility skills aside from the excellent elite. However, it may be clouded that I have so very little investment with this legend for some reason. Just not a fan of charr mechanized culture or charr warbands. I realize that’s not really a super-valid criticism tho

in Revenant

Posted by: SappFire.5793

SappFire.5793

Well, at least renegade can nullify all condi dmg even without breakrazor

in Revenant

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

It’s not going to be a straight 20% x 32k increase though…
In order to take Renegade, you’re going to have to drop Invocation and lose the 7% direct/condi damage and that sweet 20% crit spike. (Still probably an increase, but I wouldn’t underestimate how much extra torment that 20% crit generates—especially in Jalis.) I guess you could lose Devastation, but that’s not likely since the group ferocity buff is another reason you’re probably even there in the first place.

Also, it may be sort of surprising, but a majority of that 32k is direct damage from the mace’s high weapon dmg skill coefficients and Jalis hammer strikes.

in Revenant

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

This is about pvp.

I have been trying Renegade a decent amount today and yesterday, I tried a variety of builds. (Condi-neutral bunker (flop), Condi full damage shiro/renegade (decent), and now I landed on the most surprising thing, a really functional power build with renegade.

My favorite right now is sw/sw, staff, shiro/renegade, all this with menders amulet. Traits: Jalis, Destruction, Renegade (all the lifesteal, hp/s and condi damage reductions you can find,)

My Feedback for changes:
Shortbow Skill 3: Too clunky to use in combat against moving targets. Either increase the damage so that hitting half is considered worth it or change the mechanics to allow for easier targeting.
Shortbow Skill 4: Should be able to target behind yourself. Fire field should last 2 more seconds.
Summons: Reduce cost of all utility summons by 5-10 (10 for the single target direct damage summon) He is not equal value with the other two summons.
Renegade mechanic skills: Reduce the energy cost on all of them by 10.

Renegade would then be ready for launch in my eyes. It’s a really fun spec I’m finding so far.

(edited by Loboling.5293)

in Revenant

Posted by: Zanobi.1608

Zanobi.1608

It’s not going to be a straight 20% x 32k increase though…
In order to take Renegade, you’re going to have to drop Invocation and lose the 7% direct/condi damage and that sweet 20% crit spike. (Still probably an increase, but I wouldn’t underestimate how much extra torment that 20% crit generates—especially in Jalis.) I guess you could lose Devastation, but that’s not likely since the group ferocity buff is another reason you’re probably even there in the first place.

Also, it may be sort of surprising, but a majority of that 32k is direct damage from the mace’s high weapon dmg skill coefficients and Jalis hammer strikes.

You would drop devastation. It is only a nontrivial dps increase when you are put in a full power squad with people who have maxed out crit chance and optimal power. That condition leaves out the mesmer in the group (who must run non power gear to get sufficient boon duration), probably the druid who will either be full magis or running a condi set up, and yourself who is condi. that means AP is affecting 2 other people for maybe a 5% damage increase and everyone else probably gets less than a 2% boost out of it.

As far as the direct damage on mace being a major factor, I would need to see the data for that. In seems that a constant 20% modifier for your condition damage is going to out damage the conditional executioner style modifier of swift termination.

Renegatus [Ren]

in Revenant

Posted by: SappFire.5793

SappFire.5793

Well, after trying some new playstyles he isnt THAT bad.
Spiritcrush+Sevenshot are used in pair due combo finisher. In can be further boosted by razorclaw. In total its exatly 50 energy.
But it surely need some tweaks. At least SB must have chill for better synergy with Corruption line. And surely need some rework with ALL utility skill. At least to be them non-spirit ones. Something like aura idk. Renegade is too much about standing againist stationary target.

in Revenant

Posted by: Eggshells.1748

Eggshells.1748

Revenant getting a bow had me excited. Finding out it deals pretty good Condi damage was icing on the cake.
Testing out the Renegade this weekend made me doubt whether I should buy PoF or not.

-Energy cost is way too high. Either drastically lower the cost or remove energy for
shortbow. Feels very restrictive!
- Revenant is just as slow as a snail. Whenever I join any group I spend most of the time catching up to them instead of playing the game really.

in Revenant

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

My conclusions are these:
1. Shortbow skills are neat but cost too much and range is a problem with no escapes. It’s hard to sustain the conditions on it in any real form. Mace/Axe is still the superior weapon set I think. Mace 2 is easier to sustain and puts out a lot of burning in a short time compared to SB’s weak Fire Field and Bleeds.

2. Utility and F skills cost WAY too much, it’s hard to have any sort of flow with them when they use up nearly your entire energy bar. Also yet ANOTHER channeling Elite? It needs to be reworked I think, while good we have enough of those already.

3. Playing it like a Standard Condition Revenent with Kalla instead of Jalis may be a better option or really just using Kalla for the Traits and keeping Jalis. Not sure on that though.

Anyway, it’s pretty underwhelming and actually using Kalla’s skills seems to be a drawback than just using her for the traitlines. Also Sevenshot is garbage, I’d rather they nix it and replace it with some kind of escape option on SB. It looks cool but that’s really the extent of it.

in Revenant

Posted by: Arkantos.7460

Arkantos.7460

Hallo, after some experience I must say that our new Legend is interesting in fighting style and had quite nice grafik effects.
It was quite needed that Revenant get a midrange weapon.
But there should be a more fluid gameplay with shortbow and utilities wich feels extremely slow und lagging, less ground targeting or changed the way it works.

I dont mean to buff(except heal) skills with dps, but make them viable against other classes.

• shortbow skills 2, 3 ,4 and 5: have an extremely long casttime, and it needs to long to appear after casted. People still just walk out of range/position and I miss most of my skills, also Citadel bombardment.
  • shortbow skill 2: miss all the time the target is moving …
  • shortbow skill 3: where are the bolts?, some of them seem to be lost in the mists ( I had times where only 3 appears or less ) also this skill should be faster or act like True shot or deflecting shot (dragonhunter) with ground targeting (or not)
  • shortbow skill 4: toooo slow and I think I miss like ele using dragontooth and I cant target behind me … lol … every class can do that …. except Renegade
  • shortbow skill 5: needs some ground direction targeting also like True shot or deflecting shot

The utilities are all to slow, to long to cast, to late at appearing on battlefield, ppl simply walk away. And the MOST DISTURBING THING…. no valid path

And plz change the stunbreaker to another utility, I dont want to use the low heal skill (wich you can buff with a bigger amount of heal and which is so much important ) for a stunbreaker , maybe the healskill should not ground targeting , instead just appear right next to the player.

I think if you made some little changes we will get a better feeling for the new legend and it would be much more welcome for rev players.

Good Thiefs are average,
Skilled Thiefs are dangerous

in Revenant

Joxer.6024

I think if you made some little changes we will get a better feeling for the new legend and it would be much more welcome for rev players.

If only…just that, and most of us would be happy.

in Revenant

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

You would drop devastation. It is only a nontrivial dps increase when you are put in a full power squad with people who have maxed out crit chance and optimal power. That condition leaves out the mesmer in the group (who must run non power gear to get sufficient boon duration), probably the druid who will either be full magis or running a condi set up, and yourself who is condi. that means AP is affecting 2 other people for maybe a 5% damage increase and everyone else probably gets less than a 2% boost out of it.

As far as the direct damage on mace being a major factor, I would need to see the data for that. In seems that a constant 20% modifier for your condition damage is going to out damage the conditional executioner style modifier of swift termination.

In order to start dropping things like assassins presence, you need to be able to do more dps than the other classes to justify your presence in the group. Sadly, Renegade does not come close to touching Holo, Weaver, or Mirage, in that area.

in Revenant

Posted by: Fractured.3928

Fractured.3928

Honestly, I think energy costs should be removed from weapon skills. I feel like I use 1 maybe 2 of my Legend skills before I have to switch. I’d like to be able to actually build up a bit, and unleash a bit more. Makes it difficult when attacking constantly drains your energy. And I shouldn’t have to sit there doing nothing at any point.

in Revenant

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

Hallo, after some experience I must say that our new Legend is interesting in fighting style and had quite nice grafik effects.
It was quite needed that Revenant get a midrange weapon.
But there should be a more fluid gameplay with shortbow and utilities wich feels extremely slow und lagging, less ground targeting or changed the way it works.

I dont mean to buff(except heal) skills with dps, but make them viable against other classes.

• shortbow skills 2, 3 ,4 and 5: have an extremely long casttime, and it needs to long to appear after casted. People still just walk out of range/position and I miss most of my skills, also Citadel bombardment.
  • shortbow skill 2: miss all the time the target is moving …
  • shortbow skill 3: where are the bolts?, some of them seem to be lost in the mists ( I had times where only 3 appears or less ) also this skill should be faster or act like True shot or deflecting shot (dragonhunter) with ground targeting (or not)
  • shortbow skill 4: toooo slow and I think I miss like ele using dragontooth and I cant target behind me … lol … every class can do that …. except Renegade
  • shortbow skill 5: needs some ground direction targeting also like True shot or deflecting shot

The utilities are all to slow, to long to cast, to late at appearing on battlefield, ppl simply walk away. And the MOST DISTURBING THING…. no valid path

And plz change the stunbreaker to another utility, I dont want to use the low heal skill (wich you can buff with a bigger amount of heal and which is so much important ) for a stunbreaker , maybe the healskill should not ground targeting , instead just appear right next to the player.

No valid path is indeed the most disturbing thing. Thanks for mentioning, I had forgotten. I had this problem when trying to support a point in pvp. I can’t stand on a box and summon my legends… This is not a teleport, please remove this requirement.

Attachments:

(edited by Loboling.5293)

in Revenant

Posted by: ONko.7460

ONko.7460

Honestly, I think energy costs should be removed from weapon skills. I feel like I use 1 maybe 2 of my Legend skills before I have to switch. I’d like to be able to actually build up a bit, and unleash a bit more. Makes it difficult when attacking constantly drains your energy. And I shouldn’t have to sit there doing nothing at any point.

This is a very good point here.

in Revenant

Posted by: Mirdave.2014

Mirdave.2014

Some ideas for the elite specializations and some changes that I would like to see before the expac comes out ( a sum of my weekend’s experience and things already published here):
It costs too much energy. Reduce in some way.
“No valid path” is annoying, these utilities should act as wells or banners when they are cast (even wiki say they act as a ranger spirits, but those skills are called “stances” and damage as wells, something weird here).
Icerazor should cause chill (instead of cripple ofc, plus slow?) For better synergy with mallyx traits and would be consistent with its name, icon and description of the ability (debilitating condition).
Move the stun-break to another utility, or maybe in F2?
Shortbow 3 sometimes loses some bullets, I do not know how to improve it.
Make it faster! Speaking of attack rate and movement (add swiftness to a skill or trait).
Of course all this should be balanced, I’m not asking for a spec OP… just for a viable use (for me at least).

in Revenant

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

I really like the shortbow skills. Can’t see much fault with them, though they only seem suitable for condi or hybrid builds.

The utility skills felt awkward for a little bit until I got used to them. I only really summon Icerazor and Darkrazor most of the time though, just for the cc effects and extra damage.

I agree with the notion that Icerazer should use chill instead of cripple, but it might be op combined with Abyssal Chill. Also it would be nice if Darkrazor blocked projectiles since it’s attack looks so much like Phantasmal Warden.

in Revenant

Posted by: logan.5846

logan.5846

The energy costs kinda butcher the whole spec, then you factor in the cooldowns, cast times, too many ground targeted abilities and no access to swiftness or run speed and it all feels pretty clunky.

in Revenant

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

what i find interesting in pvp is the support role. with mender amulet

Breakrazor’s Bastion, Soulcleave’s Summit, Icerazor’s Ire – give protection to allies, reduce condi dmg on point by 33% and heal them about 660 per sec and steal life about 700 hp and do dmg about 750 per attack.

switch back to ventari and heal some more…

with decent group the enemy necro and holo on point just metled.

problem is lack of stability, self condi cleanse like other class have – warrior perma resistance with stability with regen, ele, ranger etc…

we just need more abilities to be par with other as support like more condi cleanse, reflect and stability.

as condi class the sb is useless in pvp
as dmg dealers same as herald.

in Revenant

Joxer.6024

I to totally agree! Utility/elite skills fine, but our weapons just shouldn’t use it, period.
Need everyone to get behind this, if its ever the time for them fix its now?

in Revenant

Posted by: hypehype.9047

hypehype.9047

absolutely disappointing, im not going to waste my time anymore explaining why, they dont listen to anyone

im done with this game wont be buying the expansion.

in Revenant

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

My feedback is regarding PvP and WvW: 0/10.
Zero traits synergy, zero survability. Cannon fodder.

in Revenant

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

Out from all other new specs i like kalla the most, by far. Coolest design and idea behind it in my opinion. (Even if i don´t understand why she gets a bow and not a greatsword.)

Guards got mantras and a horribel boring new weapon what does nothing new.

Necromancers got only an offhand an still us the same condi MH which they are using since release.

Thief is lol, funny but thats all, look incridible boring to me.

Engi is op but rly, an engineer with a sword? It looks abit like star trek i don´t get the point out of it.

Ranger without a pet…..it´s famous theses days all “mmos” are bringing this out…..but well no comment.
……………………………………………………………

I like Kalla the most, but the energy costs destroy it. 2 Skills and u are out of energy even it would be balanced, it does not make any fun to use only 3 skills in 10 seconds.

I miss synergie between Mallys and Kalla, i want to switch as often as possibel between them and i want to use the utilitys for dps aswell (cause thats revs special thing).

And the shortbow looks abit weak to me, low dps and zero synergie with mallys traitline. But the skills itself are looking great and are fun to play, but again. The energy costs are to high.
In my opinion the bleeding should get replaced by torment, and it needs some chill or at least poison.

Rev should be more like a thief low/now cd and balanced around energy.

(edited by Norjena.5172)

in Revenant

Joxer.6024

In my opinion the bleeding should get replaced by torment, and it needs some chill or at least poison.

No..no..no…we need the bleeds from a pve standpoint to be more viable as torment is crap in raids really but on your other points, yea, ditto.

in Revenant

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

No..no..no…we need the bleeds from a pve standpoint to be more viable as torment is crap in raids really but on your other points, yea, ditto.

Doesn´t matter, cause u will use M/A i raids, the bow dps is lower. So we have a new weapon, but no synergys with our old weapon and traits.

And thats the biggest rev problem.

1 Legend+1 Weapon+1 Gear, but we can use 2 Legends and 2 weapons and we like to swap both.

(edited by Norjena.5172)

in Revenant

Joxer.6024

Doesn´t matter, cause u will use M/A i raids, the bow dps is lower. And so and we have a new weapon, but no synergys with our old weapon and traits.

And thats the biggest rev problem.

1 Legend+1 Weapon+1 Gear, but we can use 2 Legends and 2 weapons and we like to swap both.

Yea, I am stupidly holding out hope that ANET will make a few “fixes” before release, like buffing some damage and fixing the SB3. But I for sure aint holding my breath, or the door, else I would die…..lol. Fingers crossed?

in Revenant

Posted by: Fade to Black.7042

Fade to Black.7042

Renegade hero feels very weak for pvp. Stun break should be in another utility other than the heal, also healing from Kalla is pretty low.

Shortbow skills cost too much energy. skill 4 and 5 are ok, the damage from 1 ,2 and 3 are very low.

Renegade tratline feels weaker than basic revenant traitlines.

My opinion is, Renegade feels underwhelming and is useless.

in Revenant

Posted by: Exhibit A.2346

Exhibit A.2346

Brutal Momentum is doing weird things to crit chance.

When I gain fury, for an instant they both apply, then Brutal Momentum’s crit bonus drops even when I have full endurance, then it reapplies itself a few seconds later, then sometimes it drops again if the fury lasts long enough, and sometimes when the fury expires, so does Brutal Momentum.

Yes, Brutal Momentum is bugged. Every time the Vigor triggers when you get Fury, the whole trait goes on cool down and you lose the bonus to crit chance. Do everybody a favor and report in game. We need to get Anet to pay attention to this if it’s going to be fixed before launch. In the bug forum here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Renegade-Brutal-Momentum

in Revenant

Posted by: otto.5684

otto.5684

Torment damage in the last patch = bleed damage for none moving target in PvE. Currently condi rev is the top parsing build for rev and is one of the highest damage builds.

As for Kalla, well, it surely will work in PvE. It even pushes the top build damage wise further, and provides some damage buff support as well. From PvP standpoint… it does not work. We will sacrifice herald, with all the boons and major survivability for this…

I did not like the bow. I guess it is better than nothing, but it did not deal much damage and felt slow and clunky.

In addition, for the legend overall high energy cost + long CDs is surely a formula for success.