Revenant "Changes" 10/18/16

in Revenant

Posted by: Obindo.6802

Obindo.6802

Never once did I say that rev isn’t strong. No one with any sense would say that it doesn’t have strong points, but to say it’s the strongest class in the game, as a random no less, is just willful ignorance.

If you leave any class that’s capable of doing something like support or dps, then yes, they can shift a fight. That axe power necro won’t do much if you pressure him, but if you ignore him, then yes, he will cause you issues and can possibly sway the fight.

Try to stop pointing to els players to drive your point home when you offer no argument to defend your point. Saying it’s the strongest class with the evidence of ‘just because I said so’ or ‘esl’ doesn’t mean a thing. Other people who play the game are capable of just as much understanding of it as any ‘pro’ player, so stand on your own, instead of kneeling to them.

And btw, just saying DH was viable doesn’t mean that it was viable.

I know it doesn’t mean that it is viable, but it is viable, I’m informing, not arguing.

What other evidence is there about what is strong or not strong, than competetive play? Everything can be distorted into “your opinion” “completely subjective” as an escape for being an idiot.
“Kneeling to them”? I refer to esl as us, I play in esl myself.

I asked some friends btw:

Difficult to trust that honestly, no date, no nothing, for all we know those screens are pre patch, Ill take your word for it when i see a video from them discussing this, plus reasoning.

Whisper them. I even showed the rest of the chat in the first screen, which is proof enough, but go ahead and whisper them.

(edited by Obindo.6802)

in Revenant

Obindo.6802

DH was viable.

You saw the last World Tournament? One DH in six teams (30 slots), and was destroyed.

I wouldn’t call them viable. And I wouldn’t call current patch Herald viable, also.

They werent used because there were druid and who were rev were essential, and necro + ele/scrapper combo was too good to pass up on, and then there was mesmer. There were simply a more optimal combo that didn’t include just dh. Dh was still viable, not just in the optimal compo that also catered to the classes the teams players can play best.

in Revenant

Posted by: S A E.5139

S A E.5139

Look at the kitten swinging around. So much wow. And name calling the community “degenerates”? How old are you. Grow up, make an opinion, and move on. Promise no one is clinging to your every word because you’re “ESL”.

in Revenant

Obindo.6802

Look at the kitten swinging around. So much wow. And name calling the community “degenerates”? How old are you. Grow up, make an opinion, and move on. Promise no one is clinging to your every word because you’re “ESL”.

I’m 6 and I’m in esl, look at all my glory! Triggered? I didn’t even try to advertize it, just kinda weird to say I’m a noskilled no name when I compete and considered a top tier player.

in Revenant

S A E.5139

Not triggered, but I came here to read opinions on why the nerf occurred and what the rev’s, as a community, can do to address it. You’ve done neither, except be inflammatory.

in Revenant

S A E.5139

And to be honest, I do know who you are, as I have watched all sorts of different videos on YouTube. You’re a good player, good videos, and you have an excellent guild. My beef was with how you addressed the community and their mentality. They are right to be upset. In the end, no answers for ESL will come for a while. That’s cool if your opinion doesn’t match, but what gets me is the “one-upmanship” that seemed to come from your comments.

in Revenant

Obindo.6802

Not triggered, but I came here to read opinions on why the nerf occurred and what the rev’s, as a community, can do to address it. You’ve done neither, except be inflammatory.

idc what you came for, and you might wanna reread everything, I informed people that revenant is still extremely strong (strongest class, some could argue mesmer competes) and people get mad because it doesn’t cater to their own world where they want whatever requisite they have to seem as bad as possible for any of their eventual feats to seem more impressive than it is.

in Revenant

Obindo.6802

And to be honest, I do know who you are, as I have watched all sorts of different videos on YouTube. You’re a good player, good videos, and you have an excellent guild. My beef was with how you addressed the community and their mentality. They are right to be upset. In the end, no answers for ESL will come for a while. That’s cool if your opinion doesn’t match, but what gets me is the “one-upmanship” that seemed to come from your comments.

Maybe I phrased it poorly, I meant that his mentality is degenerate and that the community suffers from this very mentality by too many people.

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Still strongest class atm

Nerfnant is definitely the “strongest class” with the least amount of stunbreaks ingame, 0 condi cleanse, 0 reliable access to stability, 0 reliable heal cus anyone with brain can prevent it by blocking/evading the daggers and not attacking during Glint heal. Yeah totally the strongest class kappa

Yes, if you’re implying it’s bad, prove it in esl. Any good player knows rev is yet the strongest as it’s always been.

Sadly i cant prove it, reason: i left the game in mid of S2. And dont act like a pro when i have soloed you and Vaans many times in ranked so please give me a break about your so called “esl” cus nobody gives a kitten about it anyway.

Ofc you have, like every other no name, who make up their kitten. You say you don’t play anymore yet go on the forums claiming authority over esl players about balance. Next lvl stupidity

Except you are noname yourself. You aint skillful whatsoever, every monkey can record some vids in wvw where they 1v10 enemies but when you get your kitten kicked you dont post it – normal.

And yes i did, just like i beated your esl “pro” players when they played rev. Since beta i havent lost any 1v1 fair matchup vs another rev. I mean i even won a match vs Rom and Frost with Ventari bunker rev..rofl (they havent killed me even once) but for sure you know better. Right.

And just bc i stopped playing doesnt mean i stopped understanding how this game works. Solo rev will be a horrible experience for anyone now.

But I’m not a no name tho. And I as well as other top tier teams consider myself a top tier player.

Any forum hero can sit and say they beat everyone to grow their kitten, when really they can’t do anything, saying they’re better than all esl players yet can’t compete.

I don’t post when I get my kitten kicked because I havent gotten my kitten kicked. Maybe when I had only played 2 months, don’t know.

Your mentality is completely degenerate, and it’s the same as with almost all of this community, people think that if you win 1 single duel vs someone you are much better than them, regardless of hard counter (nobody seems to realize this game is rock paper scissors, not a 1v1 game, yet people value themselves based of a single 1v1), in a yolo ranked q where nobody gives a kitten, could’ve might as well been talking to ppl irl, or talked to/read chat (streamers), not given a kitten? And then say they farm them ez coz they won 1 duel despite said conditions.

I got something for you btw:

Top tier player in 2k pvp pop? Gz i guess? <slow clap> the future is yours. I do love this part “people think that if you win 1 single duel vs someone you are much better than them, regardless of hard counter”

Lets see.. basically the same build with little modifications in form of sigils/rune, the same class, the same weapon, the same utilities. Obviously beating someone here 1v1 doesnt prove anything. If it was a mes vs rev or something.. but rev vs rev using basically the same build? Please continue with your “degenerate” logic.

And sorry to say, but nobody gives a kitten about esl whatsoever, it doesnt reperesent balance of the game, this is CASUAL game, not some esport (and the number of viewers olny proves that) as show by the balance patches itself, many of the nerfs/buffs happens due to pve or wvw, not due to your esl. An example of this was DH who was considered garbage but got nerfs regardless due to how gamebreaking he was in wvw.

If you want esport and you consider yourself a “top player” i welcome you to Smite, LoL, Dota and lets see how far you get there, in a player base that consist of millions. Any group of friends/kids (i mean just lets take a look at vermillion team..) can form an esl team in gw and play. That doesnt mean they are good just bc they are in esl. Good players who were interesed in gw2 pvp left long ago already, garbage players left bragging how they are “top players” when in truth they are mediocre at best. Reality check dude, wake up.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

S A E.5139

That makes more sense. I think the nerf is being over exaggerated to a point, but I still didn’t see the particular need for hitting the skills/abilities they did, while at the same time keeping bugs and jalis nigh unusable in most formats. Just trying to figure out the purpose. I still have a blast on mine in pvp, but I think it’s really decreasing the diversity of fun and effective builds.

in Revenant

Obindo.6802

Still strongest class atm

Nerfnant is definitely the “strongest class” with the least amount of stunbreaks ingame, 0 condi cleanse, 0 reliable access to stability, 0 reliable heal cus anyone with brain can prevent it by blocking/evading the daggers and not attacking during Glint heal. Yeah totally the strongest class kappa

Yes, if you’re implying it’s bad, prove it in esl. Any good player knows rev is yet the strongest as it’s always been.

Sadly i cant prove it, reason: i left the game in mid of S2. And dont act like a pro when i have soloed you and Vaans many times in ranked so please give me a break about your so called “esl” cus nobody gives a kitten about it anyway.

Ofc you have, like every other no name, who make up their kitten. You say you don’t play anymore yet go on the forums claiming authority over esl players about balance. Next lvl stupidity

Except you are noname yourself. You aint skillful whatsoever, every monkey can record some vids in wvw where they 1v10 enemies but when you get your kitten kicked you dont post it – normal.

And yes i did, just like i beated your esl “pro” players when they played rev. Since beta i havent lost any 1v1 fair matchup vs another rev. I mean i even won a match vs Rom and Frost with Ventari bunker rev..rofl (they havent killed me even once) but for sure you know better. Right.

And just bc i stopped playing doesnt mean i stopped understanding how this game works. Solo rev will be a horrible experience for anyone now.

But I’m not a no name tho. And I as well as other top tier teams consider myself a top tier player.

Any forum hero can sit and say they beat everyone to grow their kitten, when really they can’t do anything, saying they’re better than all esl players yet can’t compete.

I don’t post when I get my kitten kicked because I havent gotten my kitten kicked. Maybe when I had only played 2 months, don’t know.

Your mentality is completely degenerate, and it’s the same as with almost all of this community, people think that if you win 1 single duel vs someone you are much better than them, regardless of hard counter (nobody seems to realize this game is rock paper scissors, not a 1v1 game, yet people value themselves based of a single 1v1), in a yolo ranked q where nobody gives a kitten, could’ve might as well been talking to ppl irl, or talked to/read chat (streamers), not given a kitten? And then say they farm them ez coz they won 1 duel despite said conditions.

Top tier player in 2k pvp pop? Gz i guess? <slow clap> the future is yours. I do love this part “people think that if you win 1 single duel vs someone you are much better than them, regardless of hard counter”

Lets see.. basically the same build with little modifications in form of sigils/rune, the same class, the same weapon, the same utilities. Obviously beating someone here 1v1 doesnt prove anything. If it was a mes vs rev or something.. but rev vs rev using basically the same build? Please continue with your “degenerate” logic.

And sorry to say, but nobody gives a kitten about esl whatsoever, it doesnt reperesent balance of the game, this is CASUAL game, not some esport (and the number of viewers olny proves that) as show by the balance patches itself, many of the nerfs/buffs happens due to pve or wvw, not due to your esl. An example of this was DH who was considered garbage but got nerfs regardless due to how gamebreaking he was in wvw.

If you want esport and you consider yourself a “top player” i welcome you to Smite, LoL, Dota and lets see how far you get there, in a player base that consist of millions. Any group of friends/kids (i mean just lets take a look at vermillion team..) can form an esl team in gw and play. That doesnt mean they are good just bc they are in esl. Good players who were interesed in gw2 pvp left long ago already, garbage players left bragging how they are “top players” when in truth they are mediocre at best. Reality check dude, wake up.

You did not say you won rom druid v druid for example, so the logic applies, the logic also applies for you specify random ranked games, not when u go into a 1v1 server and both actually try.

Do you mean that balance should cater to a non-competetive envireonment? that’s beyond stupid.

Ofc! It’s so easy to get into esl, yet I haven’t seen you in it. All are bad players, so you can easily become the god of pvp and actually earn money instead of raging on the forums to compensate for no success.

(edited by Obindo.6802)

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

I said i won the match against them as ventari bunker rev, not that i won vs him 1v1 there. Back then it was a decent decapper build not used by els whatsoever that actually could work and hold well. There are builds outside of your ctrl+c ctrl+v metabuild site. Try it.

“Do you mean that balance should cater to a non-competetive envireonment? that’s beyond stupid.”

You do not have any competetive environment in the first place here, what are you referencing to?

And i was never interested in the “esl” nor streaming so spare me your bs please. I cant really rage when i dont even play this game anymore for a good few months. Now if it was a nerf to my Ratatoskr then i would rage to the skies but as you see it has nothing to do with this game.

in Revenant

Obindo.6802

I said i won the match against them as ventari bunker rev, not that i won vs him 1v1 there. Back then it was a decent decapper build not used by els whatsoever that actually could work and hold well. There are builds outside of your ctrl+c ctrl+v metabuild site. Try it.

“Do you mean that balance should cater to a non-competetive envireonment? that’s beyond stupid.”

You do not have any competetive environment in the first place here, what are you referencing to?

And i was never interested in the “esl” nor streaming so spare me your bs please. I cant really rage when i dont even play this game anymore for a good few months. Now if it was a nerf to my Ratatoskr then i would rage to the skies but as you see it has nothing to do with this game.

You were talking about soloing, which implies 1v1, and it would only make sense that you would continue meaning it. That along with if you say if you win a match vs an esl player in a random q doesn’t mean anything. They’re 2 players and you don’t knoow the other 3, and once again, yolo q, who says they’re tryharding.

There is a competetive envireonment. You don’t have to pretend like it doesn’t exist and that it doesn’t matter and “not interested” to make you feel better for and justify being unable to compete urself. Of course you don’t need to be interested. But to discredit competetive players for being bad, while you yourself havent been able to and/or can’t compete urself is kittened.

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

You were talking about soloing, which implies 1v1, and it would only make sense that you would continue meaning it. That along with if you say if you win a match vs an esl player in a random q doesn’t mean anything. They’re 2 players and you don’t knoow the other 3, and once again, yolo q, who says they’re tryharding.

There is a competetive envireonment. You don’t have to pretend like it doesn’t exist and that it doesn’t matter and “not interested” to make you feel better for and justify being unable to compete urself. Of course you don’t need to be interested. But to discredit competetive players for being bad, while you yourself havent been able to and/or can’t compete urself is kittened.

5 premade* as seen in pic. I had to dig it from the google, i hidden my name there so deal with it.

GW2 doesnt have “competetive envireonment”. Its just simply not possible given how small the pvp community is. Gw is not even a pvp focused game but pve one. Stop kidding yourself here. MMO and “competetive envireonment” – just facepalm man.. facepalm.

Attachments:

in Revenant

Obindo.6802

5 premade* as seen in pic. I had to dig it from the google, i hidden my name there so deal with it.

GW2 doesnt have “competetive envireonment”. Its just simply not possible given how small the pvp community is. Gw is not even a pvp focused game but pve one. Stop kidding yourself here. MMO and “competetive envireonment” – just facepalm man.. facepalm.

your screen proves my point. And yes there is a competetive envireonment and scene. I’m not arguing, I’m informing you, you can choose to live in your own world if you want.

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

your screen proves my point. And yes there is a competetive envireonment and scene. I’m not arguing, I’m informing you, you can choose to live in your own world if you want.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_eSports_games

Ctrl+f has failed me. Help?
I guess i should start consider myself a “top player” in a Vindictus tho.. hmmm.

You really trying compare GW2 to LoL, Dota, Smite, CS, Smash Bros etc? An mmo to real esport games? Thats cute.

(edited by Burtnik.5218)

in Revenant

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

Tried condi Mallyx for like two hours; went from a 8 streak win before the patch to a 3/5 win lose after them. And man, oh man what matches! Tossed like a crash test dummy… so much finish attempts interrupted… so many fear, chill, daze, stuns preventing me to doing my job or making me to eat gruesome amounts of damage chaining cc after cc and then cc…

I’m done with this class, good luck wipping the floor; I guess Anet won’t fix a crap until the new expansion with OP specializations arrives because that’s how the world works. See you in 3 – 4 months.

in Revenant

Obindo.6802

I guess i should start consider myself a “top player” in a Vindictus tho.. hmmm.

You really trying compare GW2 to LoL, Dota, Smite, CS, Smash Bros etc? An mmo to real esport games? Thats cute.

I never said guild wars 2 has a big viewership, or compared it to another esports game. You’re just making up thing that I don’t even say in a bad attempt to degrade it and disparage. I’ve said that gw2 has a competetive envireonment and a competetive scene. I don’t understand what is so hard to grasp.

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

I never said guild wars 2 has a big viewership, or compared it to another esports game. You’re just making up thing that I don’t even say in a bad attempt to degrade it and disparage. I’ve said that gw2 has a competetive envireonment and a competetive scene. I don’t understand what is so hard to grasp.

And im telling you that it doesnt have one. Balance is not centered around your esl park. So where is your competetive scene? How many people outside of GW know Helseth, Rom etc? Are they popular in gaming world? No, i dont think so. One day you will figure out why. Good night.

in Revenant

Obindo.6802

And im telling you that it doesnt have one. Balance is not centered around your esl park. So where is your competetive scene? How many people outside of GW know Helseth, Rom etc? Are they popular in gaming world? No, i dont think so. One day you will figure out why. Good night.

But there is one. Once again, I’m not arguing, I’m informing you, and you’ve chosen to live in your own world, where you will make up anything to compensate for your lack of success. Gl with that

in Revenant

Posted by: Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Ow…to think you actually cared this much to reply.

I am just a mediocre revenant myself but during last 4 seasons I managed to beat many ESL players in my match up, whether it’s revenant or some other class they were running (and died many times to them too btw). ESL players aren’t a big deal, they are good but I know people that can’t or don’t want to bother with this kind of a burden and still be monstrously good and far more impressing. I love how some players tend to panic once they see some ESL players though, while in my opinion they should see it as a challenge. Whether they will be dissapointed like me or not , does not matter.

Now to add my opinion about last revenant nerfs. I used to run retribution for roaming on WvW and sometimes in SPvP depending on matchups but recently swapped to invocation because of some… advantages it has over any other traitline except for devastation. I mean is it one build for anything nowdays? Dev+Invocation+Herald zerk/mara? The class is being so blatantly forced into these three traitlines, it makes me depressed as I love messing around with builds trying to find gimmick build noone usually running.

P.S full celestial revenant, 5 stacks of might against a warrior with 2.6k armor

Attachments:

(edited by Vasdamas Anklast.1607)

in Revenant

Posted by: Garr.1823

Garr.1823

There’s no class stacking btw, but yes it does dominate teamfights. To have a rev in a teamfight is a huge advantage. If 1 team has a rev in a teamfight and the other doesn’t, then that team has an advantage except in certain cases of full counter comp. Simply put: any mirror matchup, where 1 team has 1 class swapped out for a rev, then they’re at an advantage (x + y + rev > x + y + z). That’s just an example, doesn’t have to be a mirror, applies for almost any teamfight apart from exceptions of counter comps.

That’s called “support” . Have a support in a group is always an advantage, if other group does not have any.

Also you can check any team build in previous tournaments – teams are nearly the same, so your words will be accurate for necro, mesmer, etc…

This patch nerfed the support role (boon duration) , and that’s ok imo. The problem (for me) is in a stability nerf. Revenant does not have usable stun breakers, and now no reliable stability. And that is the issue.

in Revenant

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

It’s sad how this thread has degraded to kittening contest rather than something productive, like… idk a set of changes that could help make other parts of rev better. Literally anything other than stroking your egos on the forums would be productive… and to think the biggest ego of the all in here is someone who “quit” months ago.

If a moderator happens to see this, it might be an idea to just close this.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

in Revenant

Posted by: Lyger.5429

Lyger.5429

Didn’t they promise a slight dps increase for rev to compensate the boon duration nerf?

in Revenant

Obindo.6802

Ow…to think you actually cared this much to reply.

I am just a mediocre revenant myself but during last 4 seasons I managed to beat many ESL players in my match up, whether it’s revenant or some other class they were running (and died many times to them too btw). ESL players aren’t a big deal, they are good but I know people that can’t or don’t want to bother with this kind of a burden and still be monstrously good and far more impressing. I love how some players tend to panic once they see some ESL players though, while in my opinion they should see it as a challenge. Whether they will be dissapointed like me or not , does not matter.

Now to add my opinion about last revenant nerfs. I used to run retribution for roaming on WvW and sometimes in SPvP depending on matchups but recently swapped to invocation because of some… advantages it has over any other traitline except for devastation. I mean is it one build for anything nowdays? Dev+Invocation+Herald zerk/mara? The class is being so blatantly forced into these three traitlines, it makes me depressed as I love messing around with builds trying to find gimmick build noone usually running.

P.S full celestial revenant, 5 stacks of might against a warrior with 2.6k armor

I’ll requote myself, it does not apply fully to you but you will get the idea:
“people think that if you win 1 single duel vs someone you are much better than them, regardless of hard counter (nobody seems to realize this game is rock paper scissors, not a 1v1 game, yet people value themselves based of a single 1v1), in a yolo ranked q where nobody gives a kitten, could’ve might as well been talking to ppl irl, or talked to/read chat (streamers), not given a kitten? And then say they farm them ez coz they won 1 duel despite said conditions.”
Esl does not equal being good, it’s that good players is a prerequisite for and often equal esl. A better way to put it rather than esl is top tier. Try and duel (not random yoloq) Frae, Drazeh or Aurora. If you’re on NA, I can’t say anything, but NA seems too be lacking very much lately in keeping up skill-wise. Not to claim some EU vs NA superiority blabla, just that atm they’re behind.

in Revenant

Obindo.6802

It’s sad how this thread has degraded to kittening contest rather than something productive, like… idk a set of changes that could help make other parts of rev better. Literally anything other than stroking your egos on the forums would be productive… and to think the biggest ego of the all in here is someone who “quit” months ago.

If a moderator happens to see this, it might be an idea to just close this.

Ik. I just informed people that rev is still strong (most consider it strongest, some would argue mes competes with it), and explained why that is, but people, I’ll requote myself, get mad because it doesn’t cater to their own world where they want whatever requisite they have to seem as bad as possible for any of their eventual feats to seem more impressive than it is.

in Revenant

Obindo.6802

Didn’t they promise a slight dps increase for rev to compensate the boon duration nerf?

Then they realized revenant has insane dmg

in Revenant

Obindo.6802

There’s no class stacking btw, but yes it does dominate teamfights. To have a rev in a teamfight is a huge advantage. If 1 team has a rev in a teamfight and the other doesn’t, then that team has an advantage except in certain cases of full counter comp. Simply put: any mirror matchup, where 1 team has 1 class swapped out for a rev, then they’re at an advantage (x + y + rev > x + y + z). That’s just an example, doesn’t have to be a mirror, applies for almost any teamfight apart from exceptions of counter comps.

That’s called “support” . Have a support in a group is always an advantage, if other group does not have any.

Also you can check any team build in previous tournaments – teams are nearly the same, so your words will be accurate for necro, mesmer, etc…

This patch nerfed the support role (boon duration) , and that’s ok imo. The problem (for me) is in a stability nerf. Revenant does not have usable stun breakers, and now no reliable stability. And that is the issue.

Yes, but a teamfight without a support is rare, and rev will anyways outweigh the support. x + y + rev > x + y + support

in Revenant

Posted by: Thon.3780

Thon.3780

no idea for spvp or wvw, but today my glint/jalis still good. can solo mad king .

in Revenant

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

So, Glint/Shiro power Rev is pretty much the same, right?

No, unless you missed it in the OP the heal was nerfed on shiro and retribution stab on dodge was nerfed too, I’d imagine invocation rev is still pretty decent although nerfed

Invo rev hasnt been nerfed, glint buff kinda keeps up with shiro nerf (which was needed as a qol change)

Can you explain why you mean by QoL change? Usually QoL means that the game has in some way been made easier to play or more enjoyable, usually with things like bug fixes or miscellaneous changes to the interface. For example, changing the thief’s Shortbow sound effects was a QoL change, although that particular one has become sort of a joke. It’s probably just me but I’m not seeing how the sole nerf to Shiro is a QoL change, especially not for Revs. All it’s done is lower Rev’s self-healing abilities to an unprecedented low.

Imo it was a bug that it didn’t work like other similar skills that had Charges and would be consumed if they were Evaded,blocked or Invulned, I.e Basi Venom. Also Thief Shortbow noise was no QoL it was the strongest buff in the games history, now I can strike terror in my foes as I Infiltrator Away!!!!

Pretty much this. ED was given dmg as you couldnt dodge, block, blind, etc… When u casted it, u had free 5k dmg. Thats why its a QoL change imo.

“Skill I don’t like gets nerfed, QoL change for me.” That’s not what it means bro, by that logic, nerfing Purification is a QoL change for everyone who doesn’t main DH. QoL means that it’s a positive change for everyone, or at least not a negative for anybody. Balancing the professions =/= Qol.

Stop trying mate, its a QoL change cause it was given dmg, with waaaay less counter than other “charge” skills, as well as healing signet corruption (nec) through dodge was a QoL change even tho it nerfs my main(rev is my alter main btw). It has nothing to do with the fact that I liked or not said skill. U can make it unblockable if you want and feel like rev needs it (not), but immune to blind/dodge? Thats obv bad design, you like it or not.

M I L K B O I S

in Revenant

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

no idea for spvp or wvw, but today my glint/jalis still good. can solo mad king .

First your build didn’t get nerfed outside of raids second anything works in open world PvE. Mad king is also quite easy to solo.

@obindo
I’d rather not focus the discussion on invocation power herald for esl, because it was obviously strong over there and it still might be. However my major complaint and also the complaint of quite a few players here is that they nerfed the retribution line which pretty much only affects off-meta builds.
The only reason I can see them doing so is because they wanted to buff everything else, they didn’t do it though.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

I am not opposed this change to Unwavering Avoidance for consistency, but it needs to be coupled with increased access to stability or stun breaks somewhere else – ideally on Mallyx and Ventari, and at reduced energy cost on Jalis.

Or make Inspiring Reinforcement actually useful. The change they made is actually a net nerf when you think about how the stability stacks actually interact, particularly if you have Enhanced Bulwark.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Revenant

Posted by: BeaT.3541

BeaT.3541

No really, where is the DPS buff from the release note?

Blood warrior returned as a Revenant in a Vigil state https://gw2efficiency.com/c/Bogey%20Beat
Curious Guardian with thorns leading a (Kodan) Sanctuary unit. https://gw2efficiency.com/c/Beàt

in Revenant

Posted by: Jaspe.8694

Jaspe.8694

It’s amazing to read some comments on this forum. To believe that some players feel accomplished considering themselves “pro player” on gw2. What a life! The eSport of gw2 will never succeed. There is neither the public nor the necessary players. Some pretentious should leave home and look elsewhere. There is a huge difference between gw2 and other (real) competitive games. “Triumph without peril Brings no glory.”

in Revenant

Posted by: hypehype.9047

hypehype.9047

Front line revanat in wvw has been killed by the patch unless you use jalis which lowers you dps +the stab skill(Inspiring Reinforcement) uses too much energy meaning you cant do anything .

and good luck stomping anything in pvp without stab, all other classes have a way to stomp without being interrupted rev has lost their only stomp skill.

dead class

(edited by hypehype.9047)

in Revenant

Obindo.6802

It’s amazing to read some comments on this forum. To believe that some players feel accomplished considering themselves “pro player” on gw2. What a life! The eSport of gw2 will never succeed. There is neither the public nor the necessary players. Some pretentious should leave home and look elsewhere. There is a huge difference between gw2 and other (real) competitive games. “Triumph without peril Brings no glory.”

And who are you?

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

And who are you?

It doesnt matter who he is. Hes right and everyone knows it except the ones who considered themself “pro”

Also tbh what you doing on these forums anyway, go back to your passive 0 skill war section.

in Revenant

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Front line revanat in wvw has been killed by the patch unless you use jalis which lowers you dps +the stab skill(Inspiring Reinforcement) uses too much energy meaning you cant do anything .

and good luck stomping anything in pvp without stab, all other classes have a way to stomp without being interrupted rev has lost their only stomp skill.

dead class

What you talkin’ bout hype? I’ve yet to see myself go down easily in pushes in WvW after the changes. Must be your build, armor, or positioning, because I’m not having any problems as frontline Rev.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Revenant

Posted by: hypehype.9047

hypehype.9047

dead class

What you talkin’ bout hype? I’ve yet to see myself go down easily in pushes in WvW after the changes. Must be your build, armor, or positioning, because I’m not having any problems as frontline Rev.

are you getting stab from guardians in you party?
do you use mallyx/glint?
what weapons do you use?

in Revenant

Obindo.6802

And who are you?

It doesnt matter who he is. Hes right and everyone knows it except the ones who considered themself “pro”

Also tbh what you doing on these forums anyway, go back to your passive 0 skill war section.

And who are you?

in Revenant

Posted by: CutesySylveon.8290

CutesySylveon.8290

And who are you?

Seriously, you’ve done nothing but try ever so desperately to prop yourself up on a high horse to enforce your opinions.

Nobody cares who anyone is, nor does who anyone might be mean thier concerns or views are inherently wrong because you or your ESL buddies say otherwise, again with no points by the way. Those whispers were just ‘Is rev strongest? ’ ’Yes’ ‘See, I’m right.’

in Revenant

Obindo.6802

And who are you?

Seriously, you’ve done nothing but try ever so desperately to prop yourself up on a high horse to enforce your opinions.

Nobody cares who anyone is, nor does who anyone might be mean thier concerns or views are inherently wrong because you or your ESL buddies say otherwise, again with no points by the way. Those whispers were just ‘Is rev strongest? ’ ’Yes’ ‘See, I’m right.’

And who are you?

in Revenant

CutesySylveon.8290

And who are you?

And who are you?

And who are you?

in Revenant

Obindo.6802

And who are you?

And who are you?

And who are you?

Your superior

in Revenant

CutesySylveon.8290

Nobody, exactly.

The conversation can go back to being productive now.

in Revenant

Obindo.6802

Nobody, exactly.

Quote me saying nobody, you can go back to being a no name

in Revenant

CutesySylveon.8290

Nobody, exactly.

“Quote me saying nobody, you can go back to being a no name.”— Nobody

in Revenant

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

dead class

are you getting stab from guardians in you party?
do you use mallyx/glint?
what weapons do you use?

Mallyx/glint, hammer/staff, getting stab from guardians in the party, though how long it lasts depends on how bad the CC is. If you’re having problems still, outside of combat start in Glint, use the F2 and Chaos facets. Let your energy hit 0, and when your energy hits 25-27, do it again. You can stack up to 25s of protection (48s before the nerf), which will help you survive through the first 2 pushes. Just make sure you switch to Mallyx when the pushing starts, and switch back to Glint whenever you can get it off and have enough time to switch to Mallyx before the next push.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Revenant

Obindo.6802

Nobody, exactly.

But I don’t in that quote, you seem as bad at this as your accomplishments

in Revenant

CutesySylveon.8290

Nobody, exactly.

But I don’t in that quote, you seem as bad at this as your accomplishments

“But I don’t in that quote, you seem as bad at this as your accomplishments.” — Nobody, the Keyboard Warrior (( get it? ))