Revenant Changes Based on BWE Feedback

in Revenant

Posted by: UnknownRH.4592

UnknownRH.4592

WvW good job? How and when. I failed horribly with that tablet. How can you even predict where your group is gonna be to heal/condi cleanse/block projectiles effectively? It is a support stance and fails to do all of that except spawn tablet and use elite to knockback enemies. Few fractals does not justify how horrible that stance is atm. I may have gone too far saying bad in PvE but all it does is show us how slow it is. Maybe perfect for stack tactics and block skills.

Centurion in Balkan legion (SFRJ)
Warrior and Elementalist
Far ShiverPeaks

in Revenant

Posted by: Loex.5104

Loex.5104

WvW good job? How and when. I failed horribly with that tablet. How can you even predict where your group is gonna be to heal/condi cleanse/block projectiles effectively? It is a support stance and fails to do all of that except spawn tablet and use elite to knockback enemies. Few fractals does not justify how horrible that stance is atm. I may have gone too far saying bad in PvE but all it does is show us how slow it is. Maybe perfect for stack tactics and block skills.

To block just place the tablet between the fron lines – a good commander will rotate around it
You can also save your siege from balistas and kitten … There are really a lot good possibilities

For heal and condi clean its the same as for all other classes … An ele also don’t know where to place its healing rain without predicting where the zerg will move to – same for a guard wall

It’s hard micro management of course but the whole tablet idea is pretty neat imo

in Revenant

Posted by: UnknownRH.4592

UnknownRH.4592

Man you are telling me what each skill can do from that tablet. I said in my first post it has a hell lot of potential but is underachieving. I nderstand placements and skill uses. It was not part of the debate. Atm it is under achieving because of the reason how tablet works. How can you even compare other classes skill judgement with this? It is far from being anything alike. An ele knows when and where to place its water fields/ statics and other stuff. One of my main is Elementalist in WvW and you are just throwing stuff around that is not true to make a point. Will not go into how ele works but since you qouted water fields. Water skill 5 goes down when your commander charges towards the opponents and water skill 3 is used on regroups after pushing deep into enemy ranks. But that has nothing to do with predictability. these are just roles established with a class.

(consider the below as a specific situation as it could all go down very differently in real situation)
Problem with the tablet is I summon a tablet at a location. the commander pushes into the enemy ranks I will move the tablet to the location my commander is pushing since enemy is gonna bomb at their location and I want to condi cleanse. The tablet moves and is slow to reach that location. then I dont know if the commander will come back to the side where we started our assault or move to another location (maybe other side of enemy, left of enemy or right side). So I wait for him to make a move and then I move my tablet. None of the tablet skills are insta cast only projectile block is and the commander is already ready for another assault. Tell me how this tablet moving mechanics are any good in WvW for the pace of the game. As an ele I am able to cast anything I want to instantly where ever I want just by ground targeting and my group benefits from it. The tablet is not an effective/reliable tool because of the mechanics it is operating with. It is like a mule that needs to be dragged along everywhere apart from controlling your own character. I even once spawn my tablet hnear hills and went inside for a fight and recalled it to a location where the fight was and it came after like 5-10 secs which I realised I was not doing anything until it came to the position I ordered it. If you think the tablets can stay in one place and you can bunker that position with your group / guild to win a fight just because the tablet is their. I seriously doubt you have ever played any real WvW to know how it works. Because even immunity cant save a group from surviving a necro bomb. Tablet is nothing compared to that.

Centurion in Balkan legion (SFRJ)
Warrior and Elementalist
Far ShiverPeaks

in Revenant

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

The phase traversal changes look REALLY strong. Revenant will be inescapable in somewhat uncatchable in wvw (like a thief who teleports away to mobs). This skill is now the ultimate gap closer.

IMO they may have buffed it too much now, like you say revenants are gonna be uncatchable now, even for mesmers and thieves. I think a range increase on this skill would’ve sufficed, as it was working weird at max 1200 range when your target was moving, in the time you took to do that first weird flip they tended to be out of range already.

in Revenant

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

Except you dont balance this game around broken wvw so everything is fine here. There are also many locations without any ambient mob around which makes it quite hard to escape. Revenant despite gap closer had hard time engaging or catching up anyone due to “out of range”. Which teleport require a range if i may ask? None. Lets also not forget that revenant was supposed to be mobile in combat, thats imho the olny reason why i pick up Shiro in the first place..cus otherwise whats the point?

obey me

in Revenant

Vennyhedgie.5369

Wait a sec. Legendswap 10s cd ooc, isn’t that a bit too much? I was expecting maybe 3. With 10 seconds it’s too punishing. IO ooc wasn’t even a big deal.

What do you need constant Legendswap OOC for anyway? If it is only for IO, well you don’t need that anymore, Glint has Perma AoE Swiftness.

I keep saying this is a bad change, even if you DID use impossible odds, super speed out of combat is the same as swiftness, there’s literally no advantadge of using this plus you could get caught w/o energy, which is probably good enough counterplay. This change while also giving their gap closer esentially infinite range makes no sense

in Revenant

Posted by: Griffith.7238

Griffith.7238

I also think the tablet should follow the player. If you are going for literally 100% Support and not trying to deal damage to anyone at all then it’s fine that you should have to move the tablet around however that’s not how this game is played even support players like to use weapon skills and damage enemies even if their damage is negligible at best. Currently the Tablet requires way to much micromanagement to even think about doing other things while controlling it and that’s coming from a highly competitive player that managed 26+ keybinds for WoW arena back in the day. If they made it follow the player it would improve the fun factor of using it as well as allow it to have more synergy with other Legends and builds associated with them.

in Revenant

Posted by: NapTooN.6283

NapTooN.6283

I also think the tablet should follow the player. If you are going for literally 100% Support and not trying to deal damage to anyone at all then it’s fine that you should have to move the tablet around however that’s not how this game is played even support players like to use weapon skills and damage enemies even if their damage is negligible at best. Currently the Tablet requires way to much micromanagement to even think about doing other things while controlling it and that’s coming from a highly competitive player that managed 26+ keybinds for WoW arena back in the day. If they made it follow the player it would improve the fun factor of using it as well as allow it to have more synergy with other Legends and builds associated with them.

If you want Pets that follow you around, play Guardian, Necro or Ranger.

• If you only want the tablet to come to you automatically when you left its leash range, fine with me.
  • If you want the tablet to stay by your side no matter what and not being able to be placed at a specific spot for as long as you want it to, congratulations, you removed everything that was special about the Tablet and turned it into a generic Pet.

in Revenant

skowcia.8257

Just curious about one thing that wasnt mentioned at all.. Now that Jalis hammer were changed, whats about reflexive summon trait which remains at 180 radius? Can it get changed to 120 as well? Or maybe get rid of it completely and change it to apply 6sec on 15cd weakness when we get hit (instead of activating on our hit) similiar to protective ward from rangers?

obey me

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Mai Trin with Ventari sounds fun.

in Revenant

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Except you dont balance this game around broken wvw so everything is fine here. There are also many locations without any ambient mob around which makes it quite hard to escape. Revenant despite gap closer had hard time engaging or catching up anyone due to “out of range”. Which teleport require a range if i may ask? None. Lets also not forget that revenant was supposed to be mobile in combat, thats imho the olny reason why i pick up Shiro in the first place..cus otherwise whats the point?

-The first step towards making WvW not “broken” is to show some effort in balancing it.
-You have two other mobility utilities on the Shiro bar that don’t ask for a target, and any Necromancer can tell you that the game is still playable without good escape tools.
-Getting into target range was pretty tough, the change on how the teleport worked probably did need to happen.
-Steal? Teleports that have a projectile (Revenant has one of these.)?
-There’s a difference between being mobile in combat and being able to quickly teleport to anything you can click on.
It’ll be interesting to see if this skill proves to be too much. Maybe the 50 energy out of combat cap will keep it in check, maybe it’ll need to be reduced to 900 range. I’d like to think that it won’t be too much, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Revenant

skowcia.8257

-The first step towards making WvW not “broken” is to show some effort in balancing it.
-You have two other mobility utilities on the Shiro bar that don’t ask for a target, and any Necromancer can tell you that the game is still playable without good escape tools.
-Getting into target range was pretty tough, the change on how the teleport worked probably did need to happen.
-Steal? Teleports that have a projectile (Revenant has one of these.)?
-There’s a difference between being mobile in combat and being able to quickly teleport to anything you can click on.
It’ll be interesting to see if this skill proves to be too much. Maybe the 50 energy out of combat cap will keep it in check, maybe it’ll need to be reduced to 900 range. I’d like to think that it won’t be too much, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was.

-Wvw will always remain broken and unbalanced due to the power creep going on there and 40 condi dura food. Have you tried to 1v1 pu mes condi? You might as well do /sit espesially as a rev without condi cleanse in power builds. That and wvw is all about group fights on 20v20+ scale, not a dueling place. There is simply no way to balance wvw in current form as you have to take in upscaled etc…

-What mobility tools you speaking about? Riposting shadows push me away from target so its hardly a mobility skill. Revenant doesnt really have a mobility to run away unless you have target to do so. It also applies to guardians which their targeted mobility. In spvp howered there are no mobs around.

-Steal gets you close even if youre out of range, you just wont hit anyone..projectile shadowsteps are completely different thing as they has to land a hit – like axe 4.

-I like the fact that now i can close gap quite fast. Now zerk revenant may find a place at +1 fights but still remain too slow as decapper. Lets also not forget that do to that you will burn your energy so in combat you have to say bye for shiro for the next 10 seconds and without ability to open up with jade winds out of nowhere.

obey me

(edited by skowcia.8257)

in Revenant

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

Love revenant and his theme but I cannot see myself ever using Ventari. Not liking it is one reason second being it’s not my thing. Everything else is pretty good.

Decisions decisions! Liking too much of Rev. Condi build is pretty cool but so is power :P.

in Revenant

Posted by: NapTooN.6283

NapTooN.6283

Mai Trin with Ventari sounds fun.

It was fun indeed. Mai Trin is one of the few places where Projectile Block is > Projectile Reflect. If you reflect her Shots, you teleport to her, if you block them, nothing happens.

The AoE Cleanse was awesome during the Stacking and the 20 second Bubble was even more awesome during the rezzing after the Cannon Phase. If it would have reflected, my rezzing would always have been interrupted by me being teleported to Mai.

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

yeah, also many small heals during cannon phase.

in Revenant

Posted by: Harddrive.2738

Harddrive.2738

Did they fix the object collision glitches on some of the revenant skills?

If the vengeful hammers would hit a wall or physical object the skill would cancel.

Sword #3, it randomly teleports you around the enemy(s). But if your next to the wall the skill keeps cancelling. Most likely to prevent a teleportation into the wall, rather then just picking a new location that isn’t in the wall.

You have a lot of narrow paths on the new maps with enemies on them, imagine my surprise when some of my skills kept turning off.

P.S The added affects are nice on the dwarf vengeful hammers but I have to say that 70% damage reductions is crazy. The damage was barely average as it was, but with a sword it was one of the few good synergies on revenant. Melee zone control, you control 360deg and can hit anything in that area.

Hammers will basically only function to trigger healing now, which is silly. Personally I would have keep damage the same, added a small heal per hit and only added a 10% damage reduction effect with a very modest increase in activation cost. No damage = no cast except vs melee elite/champ/boss fights.

P.P.S Please tell me your going to add more then 3 skills per legend? I’m tired of having only 1-2 useful skills in the bar. Taunt on dwarf is kind of useless 99% of the time, I’d like the option to put something else there.

Dwarf brick road skill can be useful but shouldn’t you get 1 stack of stability on cast?
- Oh look incoming knockdown!! Cast, get knocked down, gets stack of stability.

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

Except for Dwarf skills, all of them are useful. Simply don’t use Dwarf until it’s polished.

What skill is not useful on Shiro/Glint/Ventari/Mallyx?

in Revenant

Posted by: Roy Cronacher

Previous

Roy Cronacher

Game Designer

Just curious about one thing that wasnt mentioned at all.. Now that Jalis hammer were changed, whats about reflexive summon trait which remains at 180 radius? Can it get changed to 120 as well? Or maybe get rid of it completely and change it to apply 6sec on 15cd weakness when we get hit (instead of activating on our hit) similiar to protective ward from rangers?

Overall I feel like that trait is lack luster, I’ll probably be re-making it when I do a trait pass. If you all have any idea feel free to shoot them out. I’ll also likely combine the two on CC traits and make a new master tier trait for that line as well.

Keep up the awesome feedback everyone!

Twitter: @RoyCronacher
I work on systems, combat, skills, and balance.

in Revenant

Posted by: warherox.7943

warherox.7943

Overall I feel like that trait is lack luster, I’ll probably be re-making it when I do a trait pass. If you all have any idea feel free to shoot them out. I’ll also likely combine the two on CC traits and make a new master tier trait for that line as well.

But without reflexive hammer, downstate revenant won’t work!

Doctor Beetus – Burst Engi Maguuma
twitch.tv/doctorbeetus

in Revenant

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Hey Roy,

Reflexive Summon is my single most favourite trait for the Revenant, because of the animation. Whatever you do, I hope you keep the animation there.

My suggestion would be for it to work exactly like Vengeful Hammers, and to be able to stack with it, but only be half as strong (so you would be able to get up to 30% reduction). Perhaps change the trigger, though. The on hit effect is weird, but I would personally like its trigger to be active. Perhaps on using an heal or an elite skill? My only problem with that is that it would probably compete with Steadfast Rejuvenation for the same “self-healing role”.

For the master slot, add a hammer trait.

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

Something to reduce energy cost on Jalis taunt would be much appreciated.

Also Jalis road feels pretty useless after the announced changes. Maybe before it was too strong, however I’m sure that it can be balanced better.

My problem with hammers is that they’re destroyed near wall, on a slope or on a bridge. This was never confirmed to be a bug or working as intended. Same for Unrelenting Assoult close to a wall or Hammer #3 attacking foes on a different height level or across a rift.

Jalis/Glint could be amazing for pve or wvw, but currently that’s not possible because the only good skill on Jalis is the healing one.

in Revenant

Harddrive.2738

I know it goes against the whole point of what your trying to do but given the very limited skills available per legend I would much rather be able to put any generalized skill from either of the legends I equipped into my skill bar regardless of if they are currently selected. The heal and the elite could stay legend select specific.

Then I could build based on how I like to play and not have to keep switching legends in battle only to get access to 1 specific skill I want with 2 others that are useless to me.

Can we assume your going to be giving us more then 3 skills per legend? We have 2 legends but that’s still a very small number compared to every other profession and I think its really obvious that not everyone is going to want un-wanted skills in there skill bar all the time.

in Revenant

skowcia.8257

Well i have no idea what you plan to do but i freaking love the idea of combining eye for eye and and reedeming lol!

My wishlist that i would like the most, not that i except it to happen either way but maybe, maybe… ^^

1. Malicious reprisal – When you struck a foe under 50% your next 5 attacks becomes unblockable for 5 seconds, 20 cd. Reason for it is that current one is too unreliable and it can proc off random aegis and enter up on 30cd which is a bit useless, now even more so with buffed sword trait. It also would synergy well with swift termination and give it that execution style feeling

2. Bolstered anguish – I think that one should increase our condition damage based on the amount of condi we have on instead of power. It is placed in condi line for condi builds and it fits theme of Mallyx more by getting stronger the more condi we have on ourself.

3. Demonic defiance – It creates one problem – unbalance between energy spend and resistance uptime on skills – which leads to spamming pain absord as it offers the higher uptime resistance atm. It creates non fun gameplay and feeling that rest skills outside of embrance are pointless if we want to stay alive vs condi.

Rebalance current resistance uptime to energy cost in Mallyx skills – ie. banish 2sec, leap 3,5, pain absord 3,5, embrance 1sec, healing skill 4 due to it high cd.

At some point i think that Mallyx resistance should become baseline but i know where it will lead us to in the end – losing weakness to condi just by slotting Mallyx. So let it stay as a trait – i hate myself for saying that.

4. No choice in retribution adept line. We have one trait which reduce fall damage, one which reduce incoming damage from range which everyone seems to pick up and one to increase taunt duration on non player characters and decrease damage from taunted foes. Improved aggression is lackluster in current state and tbh i dont think a buff is possible.

I think gaining power/ferocity based on toughness (7-13%?) would be alright. Many classes have similiar traits to that one. Alternative could be reducing incoming condi duration/damage by 20% as w lack condi cleanses atm.

5. Equilibrium – Remove healing part. Its useless and we already have salvation line for that. It also heal for less than invigorating flow so really no point.

6. New bolster fortification trait on herald – change it to 2sec retal/stab/aegis/vigor or anything really. It has really no synergy with Glint heal which ends up nerfing incoming healing to us by 33%. It feels more like it was designed to Ventari than to Glint tbh.

7. Its not a trait but have you considered to reduce drop the hammer casttime to 3/4 sec which would cast delayed hammer in a similiar manner as orbital strike? That skill is really clunky atm. Losing 2sec to maybe knockdown someone for 2sec is not a fair tradeoff

8. Add new trait called Hype – summon a news in gw2 page about beta weekend coming this/next week!

Reflexive Summon is my single most favourite trait for the Revenant, because of the animation. Whatever you do, I hope you keep the animation there.

My suggestion would be for it to work exactly like Vengeful Hammers, and to be able to stack with it, but only be half as strong (so you would be able to get up to 30% reduction). Perhaps change the trigger, though. The on hit effect is weird, but I would personally like its trigger to be active. Perhaps on using an heal or an elite skill? My only problem with that is that it would probably compete with Steadfast Rejuvenation for the same “self-healing role”.

For the master slot, add a hammer trait.

The problem with this trait is that it keep disappear just like the normal hammers. I like it too but it has to go away as it is too unreliable in current state. I already decided to drop it for next beta for the healing on struck one. As for the hammer trait..plz no. Weapons always feel incomplete without traits. And im not sure what you could add to hammer trait at all either.

obey me

in Revenant

warherox.7943

I think having the healing on Equilibrium is fine, it just needs better scaling and a better base heal. It goes from 389 at zero healing power to 595 with 1375 healing power (Cleric’s amulet and Monk runes).

twitch.tv/doctorbeetus

in Revenant

Posted by: BrokenGlass.9356

BrokenGlass.9356

Concept idea for the Ventari tablet,

It seems clear that players want it to be instant cast upon switching to Ventari…. why not do that? have the tablet spawn, and ‘orbit’ the player at 200 range.

The #6 key should then slide the tablet out up to 1500 range, for a duration of 15 sec.

The #6 key should then cool down in 2 seconds… so you can tactically move the tablet around as was originally intended.

After those 15 sec are up, it slides slowly, at 50% of the player’s current speed toward that player until the 1200 range increment. between the 1200 and 800 range the tablet accelerates to 66% of the player’s current movement speed. In the 800-400 range increment the tablet races to catch up to the player moving at 110% of the player’s current speed, and inside 400 will race at 200% speed coming back to the ‘idle’ orbit.

also, id like to ask about a condition based ranged weapon? the hammer is great, but it has virtually no condition potential, so if one wishes to make a condition build, and the encounter your in requires ranged combat… eg: the dredge mining suit/ice elemental battle… your damage falls through the floor… especialy if your build lacks in precision to operate the torment on crit trait… or the weapon sigils that work the same way. It strikes me that perhaps a MH throwing Axe would be a good way to handle this…. or even Longbow…. or better yet a trait that makes hammer attacks have a chance to apply torment on hit, 33% chance, like the thief’s poision on dagger attacks trait.

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

About Invigorating Flow (Invocation Master)

Hey Roy,

I have a suggestion for Invigorating Flow trait from Invocation.

This trait in it’s current form is rather bland and you can’t really track it, doesn’t have much synergy either. I also miss Healing Spheres from Minors. So there’s a solution for both.

Make Invigorating Flow spawn a Healing Orb (one from Staff AA) when you spend 5/10 Energy

This allows for possible allied healing outside of Ventari or Staff (something I felt is lacking a bit) and more “visible” impact of the trait, combined with better possible self-healing. And there’s amazing synergy with Tranquil Balance trait (if it turns out to be too amazing, you could always give this trait 1s ICD per target or boons to 2s) which I think was rather underused.

Healing Orbs could also be a little more visible and maybe float above the ground. It’s hard to see them, small and invisible on bright textures.

As a side effect, if Player picks both Tranquil and Flow, he could possibly get mobility (Swiftness) when using skills (if you don’t make it Combat – Only) and picking Orbs, for example running between points. Kinda like picking Power ups in Nintendo games.

Hope you consider it! Uh and 1 more Orb on Staff AA!

Cheers,
Rym

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

in Revenant

Harddrive.2738

I agree that we seem to be very lacking in range options on revenant.

Its like comparing Revenant hammer to Guardian staff, its utility for group content. Its not very effective in solo fights that aren’t NPC.

Your basically telling use to fight melee or go home in PvP.

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Just had an idea I wanted to throw out, though it may be too strong for a minor trait.

Any chance Radiant Revival could apply to both the Revenant and the person they are reviving? Heck if they did that and increased the duration it would be GM worthy, IMO.

in Revenant

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

i think staff 3 doest feel support enough, something needs to happend wen i block attacks while spinning it like if i block more then 3-4 attakcs i gain Infuse Light for 2 sec or my next healing incrresed by 2% for each hit blocked for 2 sec after end of animation.
the healing shard that drop from auto attack staff shot fall abit further from the target maybe 15 range behind me.
the fact that i need to summon the tablet or that it interapts my action ruins alot, and what ever the cool down is its need to be instant or less cuz it doesnt really heals me in mid fight i need to conculate the vectors of my movment and the tablets spot, i really wana play ventrai but the currect state of the tablet sucks.
hammer 3 shouldnt tp with hit as other people suggest.
get rid of the sword auto 2nd skills aoe and add the dmg to the rift of the auto 3 skill,
sword#2 needs a 300-450 range leap to target and 120 range 1-2 sec chil up to 3 target.
on top of that the leap could be like hammer #3 would be amezing
axe#5 the rift needs to be larger cuz it feels like i must be in melee range for it to be effective
the trait that gave me 2% attack speed for each hit and u made it into dmg
i say make it 3 % attack speed and make the quickness work, it used to be x2 faster then it is now

in Revenant

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

and the trait Pulsating Pestilence
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pulsating_Pestilence
needs to gives us 4 sec resistance for each time it triggers or change the cd to 8 sec or make it transfer with a brust of 400 range

in Revenant

Vennyhedgie.5369

and the trait Pulsating Pestilence
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pulsating_Pestilence
needs to gives us 4 sec resistance for each time it triggers or change the cd to 8 sec or make it transfer with a brust of 400 range

I think this one’s fine, but it would be nice if it gave resistance when traited for Demonic Defiance

in Revenant

Rym.1469

Roy,

Since you’ve asked, I’ll list bunch of suggestions for both traits (“R” near the trait’s name means it’s reference to GW1 skill of the same name):

Replacing Improved Agression

• Mist Vessel
    Gain 10 more Energy when you invoke a Legend.
  • King’s Sturdiness
    Disables (list of CCs) used against you are 25% shorter.
  • Dwarven Battle Stance®
    When you evade or block an attack, gain +2% attack speed for 10s. Stacks up to 5 times.
  • Light of Deldrimor®
    Deal increased damage (50%) to stealthed foes./Striking a stealthed foe Reveals in the area. Reveal does damage (240 radius).
  • Don’t Trip!®
    Striking a foe from behind or the side applies Cripple(5s). 15s CD

Replacing Reflexive Summon

• Great Dwarf Armor®
    Use Rite of the Great Dwarf when your health drops below 50% (60s CD). You’re more resistant to critical strike damage from frontal attacks (-33% damage from critical strikes).
  • Dwarven Battle Stance®
    When you evade or block an attack, gain +4% attack speed for 10s. Stacks up to 5 times.

Rest of Trait suggestions for Master/Grandmaster tier

• Breath of the Great Dwarf®
    Convert incoming conditions into boons after you use healing skill. Lasts 3 seconds.
    15s ICD.

I also think that Steadfast Rejuventation is rather boring trait. Will try to come up with some alternative. You could replace it with one of the above GMs, tho!

I will be updating this list. But that would be it for now.

Hope that you consider these and my suggestion to Invigoration Flow above.

Cheers!

EDIT: Added one more category and one trait.

(edited by Rym.1469)

in Revenant

skowcia.8257

I like king, light and great traits. Good job on these. Mist vessel wont happen tho and i hope it will stay this way.

obey me

in Revenant

Rym.1469

I like king, light and great traits. Good job on these. Mist vessel wont happen tho and i hope it will stay this way.

Thanks. I don’t think that messing with Energy gain for the Core spec is good either, considering old Initiative on crit trait in crit strikes which became mandatory for Thieves.

It seems like I misread what Roy meant and gave ideas for replacing wrong trait, but many of these can be used regardless, just with changed numbers or added effect, except of King’s trait, since it doubles the same use in one tier.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

Legendary Assassin Stance
This stance had a lot of positive response, but based on feedback I felt as if we could really improve the feel and flow of this stance. A big one was allowing Phase Traversal to work like other teleports so it still would go up to the 1200 distance if used on a target further away then that.

• Phase Traversal: This skill can now be used on a target out of range to close the distance similar to how Infiltrator’s Signet on thief works.

This feels too mobile because it is a repeatable skill: if you have 50 energy and you use it 3 times in a row travels you 3600 distance straight away(some energy regens during the time). I feel like it was in a good place before the change.

I’ve got a better idea. The skill should teleport you towards your target even it its out of range but that also puts the skill on like a CD like 5 or so. However, if you use it from within range it doesn’t have CD.

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Legendary Assassin Stance
This stance had a lot of positive response, but based on feedback I felt as if we could really improve the feel and flow of this stance. A big one was allowing Phase Traversal to work like other teleports so it still would go up to the 1200 distance if used on a target further away then that.

• Phase Traversal: This skill can now be used on a target out of range to close the distance similar to how Infiltrator’s Signet on thief works.

This feels too mobile because it is a repeatable skill: if you have 50 energy and you use it 3 times in a row travels you 3600 distance straight away(some energy regens during the time). I feel like it was in a good place before the change.

I’ve got a better idea. The skill should teleport you towards your target even it its out of range but that also puts the skill on like a CD like 5 or so. However, if you use it from within range it doesn’t have CD.

That’s a terrible idea, and not necessary. If you were to use that skill 3 times in a row, you’d be left with no energy.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Revenant

Posted by: Rexx.1805

Rexx.1805

Hi Roy!
You’re doing a great job with the Revenant. Keep up the good work!

Would you consider removing the Energy cost from Weapon Skills while tweaking their cooldowns?

Also, I would like to share with you some of my ideas regarding the Revenant Core Specializations. I’ve made sure to keep most Traits, just changing their position or adding some improvements.
As you can see, the Specializations and each “line” in them have a clear “theme” and improved synergy. (Took the “theme” idea from the Reaper!)

What do you think about these?

(I’m very passionate about this game and would love to help make it better!)

EDIT: Weakness duration is missing in the Pacifying Presence Trait. (Weakness, 3 Sec)

Attachments:

Proud Member Of:

Guild – Heróis Lusitanos [LS] Server – SFR

(edited by Rexx.1805)

in Revenant

Rym.1469

^Make sure to save it somewhere on your PC, because this thread will be removed tomorrow or very soon.

in Revenant

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Hi Roy!
Would you consider removing the Energy cost from Weapon Skills while tweaking their cooldowns?

If anything needs to be removed, it’d be Cooldowns, not Energy, but that may also make them potentially overpowered.

I’d rather the Energy not be removed since it’s what balances the skills to have a low Cooldown in the first place. With this in mind, I certainly would not want to see Cooldowns increased because of energy removal.

Also, I don’t agree with your changes to Invocation and Retribution. First, Invocation is not the Offensive line, Devastation is. Invocation has to do with Switching Legends, the class mechanic, and removing Shrouding Mists makes no sense. Not only that, the incoming damage reduction is extremely useful! Second, removing Unwavering Avoidance from the Retribution line would be removing a source of Stability, which is already hard to come by for a Revy. If anything, it should be buffed to longer duration Stability.

(edited by Lonewolf Kai.3682)

in Revenant

Rexx.1805

I’d rather the Energy not be removed since it’s what balances the skills to have a low Cooldown in the first place. With this in mind, I certainly would not want to see Cooldowns increased because of energy removal.

Not massive increases in the CDs…just some adjustments. I think Energy Costs hurt the flow of the weapons to be honest. Just my opinion here!

Also, I don’t agree with your changes to Invocation and Retribution. First, Invocation is not the Offensive line, Devastation is. Invocation has to do with Switching Legends, the class mechanic, and removing Shrouding Mists makes no sense. Not only that, the incoming damage reduction is extremely useful! Second, removing Unwavering Avoidance from the Retribution line would be removing a source of Stability, which is already hard to come by for a Revy. If anything, it should be buffed to longer duration Stability.

I think Invocation can be considered a “Utility” line. Has some offensive and some defensive stuff in there.
The reason I don’t like Shrouding Mists is because we already have lots of Traits that say “you take reduced damage” and “your outgoing healing is increased”. That space can be used for something much more interesting.

Unwavering Avoidance giving longer (4 Sec?) Stability is totally fine in my book. Better that way even! The Protection on dodge i suggested combined with all that damage mitigation and heal traits could become very OP.

Proud Member Of:

in Revenant

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Not massive increases in the CDs…just some adjustments. I think Energy Costs hurt the flow of the weapons to be honest. Just my opinion here!

I think Invocation can be considered a “Utility” line. Has some offensive and some defensive stuff in there.
The reason I don’t like Shrouding Mists is because we already have lots of Traits that say “you take reduced damage” and “your outgoing healing is increased”. That space can be used for something much more interesting.

Unwavering Avoidance giving longer (4 Sec?) Stability is totally fine in my book. Better that way even! The Protection on dodge i suggested combined with all that damage mitigation and heal traits could become very OP.

Well the weaponskill CDs don’t need to be increased at all. In fact, some of them are too high now.

Invocation is the class mechanic traitline. All classes have one. I’m not sure you can really argue against that. /shrug.
However, I do agree that the outgoing healing portion of Shrouding Mists could be changed, since a lot of that is in the Salvation line. That being said, the second portion, that being reduced damage, is extremely useful. I’m actually going to stack it with the other damage reduction traits for a tanky build I have in mind.

in Revenant

warherox.7943

I like the outgoing healing on Shrouding Mists. The only issue I have is when it comes to the interaction with Equilibrium. The heal portion of Equilibrium only happens on swap when the energy is below 50%, so Shrouding Mists outgoing healing wouldn’t benefit it at all.

twitch.tv/doctorbeetus

in Revenant

Rexx.1805

Invocation is the class mechanic traitline. All classes have one. I’m not sure you can really argue against that. /shrug.

Hi again Kai. I know it is the “Class Mechanic Traitline” not arguing against that. I was just saying it’s much more pushed towards offense (Fury, Might, Crit, Damage Modifier, Unblockable Strikes) and utility (Stun Break, Condition Removal) than tanking & healing.

Proud Member Of:

in Revenant

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Hi again Kai. I know it is the “Class Mechanic Traitline” not arguing against that. I was just saying it’s much more pushed towards offense (Fury, Might, Crit, Damage Modifier, Unblockable Strikes) and utility (Stun Break, Condition Removal) than tanking & healing.

Oh okay. I guess I can see that. Personally, I miss the old healing orbs trait that summoned up to 3 orbs that orbited you until you switched Legends, which then healed you.

in Revenant

Posted by: superherofan.8042

superherofan.8042

I’ve been playing the Herald this weekend, and I’m really enjoying it. I main a Guardian, so it feels like this is what their elite specialization should have been. I’m playing with Glint/Jalis, and hammer/sword/shield.

I like the shield skills, but #5 “feels” a little clunky for some reason. I enjoy the boon sharing bonanza of the facets, but I’m not really using the consume feature because they are all condition based. I don’t think they synergize well with the passive effects.

I really don’t like the cartoony animation at the feet when using the different facets; I’d rather they just got rid of it altogether.

Other than that, feels good.

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

I enjoy the boon sharing bonanza of the facets, but I’m not really using the consume feature because they are all condition based.

Only one of them applies a damaging condition, and that one also applies weakness and chill, which are useful regardless of build.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kaligos.7285

Kaligos.7285

I had trouble with the Herald GM trait Soothing Bastion in PvP. When it pops up at 25% health, you’re pretty much dead, because you are rooted for the time being and the break bar is broken way too fast. This is also feedback for Crytal Hibernation, because the break bar needs some balance and should last way longer. Currently this skill is a way to kill yourself quickly in a team fight. The heal is nice, though.

“Sharpen your blades and guard your vitals! I’m back!” – Rytlock Brimstone

(edited by Kaligos.7285)

in Revenant

Rym.1469

I’m bringing up the topic of Invigorating Flow once again (you can check it above in other post on the same page). I know that this trait is there, somewhere, working in the background, but I just don’t see it and don’t feel it. It has little cool synergy and could’ve been much better.

If every third Healing Orb was always spawned in front of Revenant, Invigorating Flow spawning HOrb for every 10 energy used wouldn’t demand from Revenant himseld too much, because he would achieve the same healing doing exactly the same thing he did before, not having to focus on Orbs while this mechanic would have potential, synergy and be fun to use for both you and allies.

in Revenant

Posted by: Mazze.4529

Mazze.4529

Hi at all,

my short feedback on the Revenant:

• Glint is just perfect
  • Hammer needs some attention (compared to the very good sword):
    • Hammer skill 1 and 2 are to sensetiv to line of sight problems.
    • Hammer skill 2 seems to haven’t the full 1200 range.
    • Condi builds were boosted a lot and are much more suitable for the new stealthing and porting mobs.
      -> There must be a compensation for (condi-free) hammer.
      Sugestion: Increase the attack-speed of the hammer autoattack or make it more aoe like. If that would be to powerful, you could reduce the range.
  • Please remove weapon swapping. We have the legend swapping and if this isn’t enough, you can give us a increased attack-speed over all weapons.

You did a really good job on the revenant and if you consider my sugestions, the class could be my new main.

P.S. The verticality of the new maps is exaggerated -> kills fun; I want to enjoy playing without having every way and layer of the map in my mind.

in Revenant

Posted by: superherofan.8042

superherofan.8042

Feedback: Revenant, especially with the Herald specialization, is super fun and will probably be my next main. Good job!