Revenant Test Weekeend Questions

in Revenant

Posted by: yakuza snowdragon.4639

yakuza snowdragon.4639

Anyone know of any Beta countdown timers? I live in NZ and I’m always unsure of times because we’re on the start of the timeline.

Not a timer, no. But they did say Friday (tomorrow) at UTC-7 till Monday UTC-7. I guess you can use a site that converts your time to UTC-7.

“We’re inviting all pre-purchasers to join us for a special revenant test weekend starting Friday, July 10, at noon Pacific Time (UTC-7) and running until noon Pacific Time (UTC-7) on Monday, July 13.”

Thanks but unfortunately for us in New Zealand it is 11;50am Friday 10th July right now lol so I always have to work out how far behind Anet is on the timeline.

in Revenant

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Have they answered certain questions about what happens if you are playing your beta Rev and you get daily rewards? Can they be put in the bank or are they going to be lost. What if you get the chest for the 20 laurels while playing on your rev because you didn’t notice the time? Those daily chests are character bound and they did say all progression would be lost. Can you even get daily/PvP/dungeon rewards while playing on the beta char?

Whatever you do on revenant, it wont matter. Progress from beta slot inst saved on your account. You can burn all you trasmuted stones if you wish on rev and when you log in to your “live” chars you will still have them.

I don’t care about the transmutation charges here. What I’m caring about is if I’m on my Rev and the daily reset time ticks over and I wasn’t paying attention, what happens to my daily log in reward chest? It’s char bound so I can’t transfer it to another char and if I open it, do I lose the item inside, including up to 20 laurels. Or does it appear again on a regular char if I switch after I got the daily login reward on my Rev, since no progression is kept.

No players will know of course. If it turns out to be the worse case scenario, that login rewards are given to the Rev then irreversibly lost, I’m sure some unfortunate soul will post about it.

That is my concern as well. I probably will not do my dailies the next few days to avoid losing that progress after working for it but would like to know what will happen to my login rewards.

in Revenant

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

That is my concern as well. I probably will not do my dailies the next few days to avoid losing that progress after working for it but would like to know what will happen to my login rewards.

You are not going to loose any progress on your usual characters anyways, so the solution would be to do them on those. Besides, the whole notion of not doing dailies because they might be lost is a bit silly since at the same time they might not (think of it this way, if they had the ability to roll those back HoM would probably be sorted already, yet it is not). It is not like dailies are hard to do.

in Revenant

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

Have they answered certain questions about what happens if you are playing your beta Rev and you get daily rewards? Can they be put in the bank or are they going to be lost. What if you get the chest for the 20 laurels while playing on your rev because you didn’t notice the time? Those daily chests are character bound and they did say all progression would be lost. Can you even get daily/PvP/dungeon rewards while playing on the beta char?

Whatever you do on revenant, it wont matter. Progress from beta slot inst saved on your account. You can burn all you trasmuted stones if you wish on rev and when you log in to your “live” chars you will still have them.

I don’t care about the transmutation charges here. What I’m caring about is if I’m on my Rev and the daily reset time ticks over and I wasn’t paying attention, what happens to my daily log in reward chest? It’s char bound so I can’t transfer it to another char and if I open it, do I lose the item inside, including up to 20 laurels. Or does it appear again on a regular char if I switch after I got the daily login reward on my Rev, since no progression is kept.

I’m not going to try it personally, but if your beta account isn’t saved, I would assume you’d just get the chest again on your real account. It makes sense that if it doesn’t sync up your other stuff, that it would do the same for the daily.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

in Revenant

Posted by: Arete.7198

Arete.7198

This is my first beta weekend.

Looking for instructions on how to start:
Where do I get the beta game client.
Any special procedures for downloading/starting, etc.

Fidee OnS

in Revenant

Evans.6347

Apparently it’s just an extra character slot on your login screen, labelled as beta.

in Revenant

Posted by: yakuza snowdragon.4639

yakuza snowdragon.4639

What restrictions will rev have? in a previous beta I watched it had limited weapons and skills?

in Revenant

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

What restrictions will rev have? in a previous beta I watched it had limited weapons and skills?

You see in 9 hours. Hes by far the most restricted class as you cant swap utility skills. All you do is pick up wep, legends to fit your weapon and traits. And naturally gear stats. That is.

obey me

in Revenant

Evans.6347

I think it will be the previous beta one, with Ventari and staff added.

in Revenant

Menadena.7482

My main issue with not doing dailies this weekend is I will be too “gamed out” by playing the revenant so much. Not getting a few points for a couple days will not kill me.

I would like to know definitively what exactly will happen with the login rewards though. If I am logged in on my revenant at the clock rollover will the chest appear both then and the next time (in the same 24 hour cycle) that one of my non-beta characters logs on? Or do I lose 3 days of login rewards because I already claimed those 3? Not speculation, I am talking something from anet.

in Revenant

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Would been nice if we could create a charachter ahead of beta.

in Revenant

Posted by: hoewhoew.4619

hoewhoew.4619

This is my first beta weekend.

Looking for instructions on how to start:
Where do I get the beta game client.
Any special procedures for downloading/starting, etc.

For this “BETA” weekend you don’t need a BETA game client. If you pre-purchased the game you should have a character slot in your character selection screen with “BETA” on it.
If you use that character slot this weekend, you will be able to create a Revenant and jump right in. The test this weekend will happen in the core game, so while you will be able to test the Revenant and the new Stronhold PvP mode, you won’t be able to test any other HoT related content. Those will be for future BETA weekends which, I believe, will also happen using the normal client. Hope that helps

Guardians of the Silver Dragons – Piken Square

in Revenant

Posted by: hoewhoew.4619

hoewhoew.4619

I expected something different from this topic, but I’ll ask anyway:

To anyone playing the beta weekend, how many skills each Legend has?

They have drop-“ups” for their heal, utility and elite skills, so one can only imagine that they’re able to swap, and save that template to when they come back to that Legend.

Also, all of Ventari utilities are tied to his Heal skill, if you swap the heal to another, those utilities are disabled or they gain a new effect?

As far as I know, based on the blogposts and livestreams so far, the utility skills, heal and elite skill change depending on the legend you are using. Every legend so far couldn’t change their utilities or heal skills, so it seems they are tied to each legend.

I could be wrong here though, but that’s how I took it all in.
As for which weapons/legends we will be able to use this weekend;

Hammer – mace/axe – staff

Jalis (Tanky) – Mallyx (Conditions) and Ventari (support/heal)

Guardians of the Silver Dragons – Piken Square

in Revenant

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

It may be a smaller concern, but I’d be curious to know if any character names we use in the beta will be reserved for us or still usable when HoT is released.

I have some of my own made up lore about my characters, so their names are important to me. I’ve got my Revenant’s name picked out already. What I’d hate to have happen is to name the beta Revenant my chosen name, and then have trouble using that same name when HoT is released.

Names are only reserved for an account for 24 hours after character deletion. If you use the char name and the beta char is deleted, as it probably will be at least once between this beta and the expansion, you’ll need to make a regular non beta char to hold that name until the next beta or the expansion.

Thanks for the info – that helped!

in Revenant

Posted by: Dubbleyew.1029

Dubbleyew.1029

Will we be able to choose any race for revenant this time, or is it still human-only?

in Revenant

Posted by: hgkmaxymus.9321

hgkmaxymus.9321

My main issue with not doing dailies this weekend is I will be too “gamed out” by playing the revenant so much. Not getting a few points for a couple days will not kill me.

I would like to know definitively what exactly will happen with the login rewards though. If I am logged in on my revenant at the clock rollover will the chest appear both then and the next time (in the same 24 hour cycle) that one of my non-beta characters logs on? Or do I lose 3 days of login rewards because I already claimed those 3? Not speculation, I am talking something from anet.

I’m not going to try it personally, but if your beta account isn’t saved, I would assume you’d just get the chest again on your real account. It makes sense that if it doesn’t sync up your other stuff, that it would do the same for the daily.

^ This. The login rewards will be given to both (presumably). Just test it today, do a daily you didn’t do yet or part of an achievement (slayer?) and see if it counted (log into a non-beta toon to verify, ofc). It probably won’t. It’ll be like 2 accounts (at least that was the way it went the last beta).

This is MADNESS!!!

(edited by hgkmaxymus.9321)

in Revenant

Posted by: cocowoushi.7150

cocowoushi.7150

If I prepurchase after the beta has started (like later today) would I still get into this test?

in Revenant

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

If I prepurchase after the beta has started (like later today) would I still get into this test?

I don’t know the answer, as past results do not guarantee future ones

However in vanilla beta weekends people were able to join in at any point during the weekend, as soon as they had purchased and patched. On the other hand, ANet did stop purchases when they were getting too many for the servers to hold.

in Revenant

Donari.5237

Double post because I want to give time-zone-confoozled people a heads up:

The revenant beta starts in 3.5 hours from this post.

in Revenant

Donari.5237

Annnnd triple post. I have an actual question!

I’m using a much slower computer than I’m used to. Assuming I’m able to play at the time the beta starts (I’m helping my mom with all the aftermath of my dad passing away on July 1 so I might be running errands), will it be a new build to load or will it just activate? If the latter I can take the time to log in before noon and then just head to character creation. If it’s a build, I’ll have to log out anyway so I might as well wait for the patch before sludging through the process.

in Revenant

Posted by: Nightshroud.7208

Nightshroud.7208

“In less than 3 hours, we have a packed Points of Interest show with Game Director Colin Johanson talking about the Revenant and Stronghold Test Weekend (starting today), Josh Davis showing off the new Mist Champions for Stronghold, and Rubi interviewing the creator of one of the winning Overwolf Guild Wars 2 App Contest entries. And more! "Join us at http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/ ~SL

in Revenant

Donari.5237

I have to question the wisdom of scheduling PoI and the beta start at the same time. I guess there are people with Twitch access who can’t get in game? Me, if I am at a computer to use Twitch, I’m also at a computer with GW2 on it.

I know that while normally I love watching PoI I am far more likely to be working on Rev creation. … Then again, it’s Colin, there might be juicy tidbits and the beta is all weekend long …

/torn

in Revenant

Menadena.7482

“In less than 3 hours, we have a packed Points of Interest show with Game Director Colin Johanson talking about the Revenant and Stronghold Test Weekend (starting today), Josh Davis showing off the new Mist Champions for Stronghold, and Rubi interviewing the creator of one of the winning Overwolf Guild Wars 2 App Contest entries. And more! "Join us at http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/ ~SL

How soon after they put it on twitch does it go to youtube? I usually wind up having to watch it on my phone with a lot of buffering and such.

in Revenant

hgkmaxymus.9321

I have to question the wisdom of scheduling PoI and the beta start at the same time. I guess there are people with Twitch access who can’t get in game? Me, if I am at a computer to use Twitch, I’m also at a computer with GW2 on it.

I know that while normally I love watching PoI I am far more likely to be working on Rev creation. … Then again, it’s Colin, there might be juicy tidbits and the beta is all weekend long …

/torn

Dual monitors

But I’m at work, so, to me, it’s only possible to watch the twitch :/

This is MADNESS!!!

in Revenant

Posted by: RubiBayer

Previous

RubiBayer

Content Marketing Manager

Menadena, Stephane starts the YouTube uploading and rendering process literally the minute the show ends, so the answer is “as soon as is humanly possible” because he’s awesome like that. It’s just that with a long show like that there’s a lot of time where we can’t do anything but wait while YouTube does its thing for hours.

It’s usually not ready for us to put the finishing touches on it until well after our workday ends, so Stephane does that and gets it out the door from home on Saturday mornings.

Donari, that’s exactly it: People with Twitch access who won’t be able to play until tonight or this weekend for whatever reason. My personal suggestion? Do whatever is the most fun for you. Or use dual monitors if you’ve got ‘em. I know that I’m going to be running for my desktop as soon as humanly possible when I get home from work tonight.

in Revenant

Donari.5237

At home I have dual monitors and an SSD. Here I bought a cheapy Acer monitor that bounces when I type, has a ripple across the middle when I scroll forums, and has a shiny reflect from the windows to my left … but it’s only for July and then I donate it to charity and go home to my real set up. I’ll junk my old Dell that I replaced in April 2014 and shipped out to my mom to use while here, slow and noisy beast that it is. And then I will Never Travel Again.

I’m just glad I got the speakers working so I can hear the game. And I have my old HEX mouse (bought a new one to use at home) so I can control movement and combat. I would have been sorry to miss out on beta stuff even though helping my mom matters so much more. Dad was her soul

in Revenant

hgkmaxymus.9321

At home I have dual monitors and an SSD. Here I bought a cheapy Acer monitor that bounces when I type, has a ripple across the middle when I scroll forums, and has a shiny reflect from the windows to my left … but it’s only for July and then I donate it to charity and go home to my real set up. I’ll junk my old Dell that I replaced in April 2014 and shipped out to my mom to use while here, slow and noisy beast that it is. And then I will Never Travel Again.

I’m just glad I got the speakers working so I can hear the game. And I have my old HEX mouse (bought a new one to use at home) so I can control movement and combat. I would have been sorry to miss out on beta stuff even though helping my mom matters so much more. Dad was her soul

I wish you well. Other possibility is to play the game and just hear the twitch on the background. If something calls your attention, alt+tab.

This is MADNESS!!!

in Revenant

Posted by: Exusia.4258

Exusia.4258

Aaaand.. again only Humans can be created, why, why you keep doing that.
What must one do to get the option to create a Charr.. or Sylvari, or Asura? Would be nice to know what stops you from simply flip the “enable” switch on that, as i really looked forward to do a few “test” chars in therms of looks and armor, but again the “Human only” Club opend once more.

in Revenant

Donari.5237

How are you creating anything yet? The beta doesn’t start until over 1.5 hours from now.

in Revenant

Posted by: AlphaDelilas.2873

AlphaDelilas.2873

There are Revs in LA, but I can’t use my Beta slot… Why? ;^;

in Revenant

Donari.5237

It may be the same thing that happened in the Portal beta stress. Some people managed to get in early, until ANet noticed and crashed them out so they’d have to start at the correct time.

in Revenant

Posted by: Darkmyth.9674

Darkmyth.9674

Still no Guild support on BETA character. Pitty we can’t represent the Guild we want to represent.

in Revenant

Posted by: brokenserenity.4638

brokenserenity.4638

Why only human? humans suck i wanted to make a sylvari revenant or a norn….weekend ruined! just joking lol

But seriously why restrict to just humans when eventually all races will be revenant’s, kinda limits the info you can gain before release(especially given the clipping issues certain races have with armor skins) if you restrict to just the easiest race to model guys.

in Revenant

Menadena.7482

Menadena, Stephane starts the YouTube uploading and rendering process literally the minute the show ends, so the answer is “as soon as is humanly possible” because he’s awesome like that. It’s just that with a long show like that there’s a lot of time where we can’t do anything but wait while YouTube does its thing for hours.

It’s usually not ready for us to put the finishing touches on it until well after our workday ends, so Stephane does that and gets it out the door from home on Saturday mornings.

Donari, that’s exactly it: People with Twitch access who won’t be able to play until tonight or this weekend for whatever reason. My personal suggestion? Do whatever is the most fun for you. Or use dual monitors if you’ve got ‘em. I know that I’m going to be running for my desktop as soon as humanly possible when I get home from work tonight.

Thanks a lot! The amusing thing is I am typically logging off at work and running home at 12:30 your time so skip the pre-show and am trying to watch the main bit on the train on my phone with sporadic signals!

Somehow I think if I did ‘cough cough I need to leave early’ every other Friday afternoon someone might wise up that maybe I was not sick every time.

in Revenant

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Can’t even talk to my guild during this weekend? This is dumb. No loot, no rewards, no guild, no point.

in Revenant

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

does this mean no achievements you get with the rev will carry over to your account?

in Revenant

Posted by: Maethor.2810

Maethor.2810

Why only human? humans suck i wanted to make a sylvari revenant or a norn….weekend ruined! just joking lol

But seriously why restrict to just humans when eventually all races will be revenant’s, kinda limits the info you can gain before release(especially given the clipping issues certain races have with armor skins) if you restrict to just the easiest race to model guys.

This is its first run in the open world and they are likely more worried about seeing how the class does at its core first over on each individual race right off the bat. Start small, fix the main issues there, and then branch out instead of having a ton of problems all at once.

~Signe Grimsdottir | Wynne Everheart | Magiere Massing~
The Archivist’s Sanctum [Lore] – Just Us Grown-Ups [JUGS]

in Revenant

Posted by: PineappleRisa.3512

PineappleRisa.3512

When i used the salvage kits from my bank on my beta rev then went back on my main the salvage kits were back and nothing had changed will this happen for everything like boost/ bl skins/ bank and merchant access etc etc?

in Revenant

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

When i used the salvage kits from my bank on my beta rev then went back on my main the salvage kits were back and nothing had changed will this happen for everything like boost/ bl skins/ bank and merchant access etc etc?

It let you access your bank?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Revenant

Posted by: Eulolia.2467

Eulolia.2467

Will we be gaining currency and things for our live account? or will these still be ENTIRELY walled off characters?

Inb4 the first, “I had <insert precursor of choice> drop on my Revenant…” topic pops up on Friday.

Put the useless weapons from the gear box in the forge. Second try gives an Energizer.

And yeah you can’t transfer anything, it seems to duplicate your live account gold/bank when you make the character. And then they are separate.

Subscribe for exciting guild wars 2 videos! https://www.youtube.com/user/eulololia/

in Revenant

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I expected something different from this topic, but I’ll ask anyway:

To anyone playing the beta weekend, how many skills each Legend has?

They have drop-“ups” for their heal, utility and elite skills, so one can only imagine that they’re able to swap, and save that template to when they come back to that Legend.

Also, all of Ventari utilities are tied to his Heal skill, if you swap the heal to another, those utilities are disabled or they gain a new effect?

The only thing you can swap is the order of skills, as each legend has access to only one heal, one elite, and 3 utilities. That, by the way, also answers your second question.

By the way, currently none of the skills work underwater. That is not that much of a problem as it may seem, since the Revenant cannot use any underwater weapon anyway (seems they forgot that underwater combat still exist when they prepared the beta).

I already feel sorry for any Revenant that ends up in an underwater fractal.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

in Revenant

Posted by: PineappleRisa.3512

PineappleRisa.3512

Yeah it didn’t let me access tp tho and anything i used or changed wasn’t gone in my main account

in Revenant

Posted by: AlphaDelilas.2873

AlphaDelilas.2873

Honestly with the no loot and no guild thing I’m finding no reason to actually play it. I could understand not being able to keep the loot the HoT Beta thing because a good chunk of it was unreleased loot, but this time is silly. I understand fully that the testing is for ANet to see how everything is working, but you gotta give some incentive to play it- like being able to keep your loot and talk to your friends.

in Revenant

Posted by: Vorkah.9387

Vorkah.9387

Do I have to name my beta character? If so, will I be able to use this name on my real revenant when the expansion comes out? Is it possible that I will be stuck with the name I choose for my beta revenant for my real one?

in Revenant

Posted by: Nightshroud.7208

Nightshroud.7208

Yup..rubi is reading this live xD

in Revenant

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Yeah it didn’t let me access tp tho and anything i used or changed wasn’t gone in my main account

Interesting.

Will we be gaining currency and things for our live account? or will these still be ENTIRELY walled off characters?

Inb4 the first, “I had <insert precursor of choice> drop on my Revenant…” topic pops up on Friday.

So, someone did (includes video)…
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3ctp4t/threw_my_revenant_gear_in_the_mf_for_laughs_got_a/

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Revenant

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Do I have to name my beta character? If so, will I be able to use this name on my real revenant when the expansion comes out? Is it possible that I will be stuck with the name I choose for my beta revenant for my real one?

The beta char will be deleted before the Heart of Thorns begins. Possibly it will be made then deleted several times, as new beta weekends come out.The main problem with using the name you want to keep is that someone else may see and take it after the beta Rev is deleted unless you make another, regular char to hold it.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

in Revenant

Donari.5237

Yep, I used a complete throwaway name for the weekend. My main is Donari Mal Di Bette so I made a fem Rev named Donarelle Beste.

A guildie made “Revving It” and was psyched no one else took that

in Revenant

Posted by: Xaryn Storm.5891

Xaryn Storm.5891

Question: If I use transmutation charges on my Revenant, do I get them back after beta weekend is over?

in Revenant

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

This was covered on the live stream, the beta slot literally makes a duplicate “ghost” account for the beta characters which is an exact copy of your real one.

So the answer is to all questions that nothing is retained but nothing is lost either (including transmutation charges, currencies, dailies, daily bonuses from dungeons etc).