"Revenant - greatest in-combat mobility"

in Revenant

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

If anyone recalls this article, it was stated that the Revenant features mobility in-combat similar to the thief out of combat. While I can see this in off-hand axe, I don’t see this anywhere else in the class. Staff 5’s cooldown is far too long to be a reliable gap closer, and axe 4 doesn’t have the shortest cooldown to reliably stick to an enemy either. Could Roy have possibly been referring to the mobility of the elite specialization, or did the direction of the Revenant change in a later iteration of the class post-interview?

in Revenant

Posted by: lorddarkflare.9186

lorddarkflare.9186

The latter seems much more likely.

in Revenant

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Im sure mobility is tied to Shiro.

That said, there are steps they could take to help other build mobility such as lowering the cooldowns of axe 4 and taking it a ground target attack that functions similarly to theif Short Bow 5, but increase the projectile speed.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Revenant

Posted by: fluidmonolith.3584

fluidmonolith.3584

I would really like to see Hammer #3 not teleport the Rev back to the original location. It could really use the mobility.

Maguuma
Astaxanthas (Revenant), Hepaticus (Engineer), Eosinophus (Thief)

in Revenant

Posted by: DocZed.6973

DocZed.6973

I would really like to see Hammer #3 not teleport the Rev back to the original location. It could really use the mobility.

This. It’s a ranged weapon that doesn’t have any way to deal with melee attackers. The chill is too low duration.
I’d prefer it just be a Leap.

All 9 classes leveled and geared to 80!
Remnants of Hope [HOPE]: Tarnished Coast

in Revenant

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

I’d rather it does not teleport back to its previous location but a bit further back as a way to maintain range (like mesmer phase retreat or one elementalist fire skill I forgot the name)

in Revenant

Posted by: Akamaru.7415

Akamaru.7415

If hammer is going to be ‘the’ range weapon for Revenant then I’m ok as long as something happens in terms of mobility.

in Revenant

Posted by: Lyrsen.6702

Lyrsen.6702

You could have a split skill with hammer 3, one that makes you go to the targeted location and then flips over to the return skill for 5(?) seconds. This would let you use it as mobility while also having juking potential. With this change we might see a longer cooldown or a longer duration on the return skill so we don’t get super spamming mobility with the hammer.

in Revenant

Posted by: mordran.4750

mordran.4750

If anyone recalls this article, it was stated that the Revenant features mobility in-combat similar to the thief out of combat.

Lol, the same people say that the necro is an attrition class. Lying is a nasty word but the gap between what they say and the reality is
so huge that sometimes i think they play a total different game.

in Revenant

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

The problem I found with axe#4 is that frequently when using it instead of moving all the way to my target I was constantly either getting hung up on terrain or falling into spaces between and getting stuck.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

in Revenant

Posted by: Khenzo.2465

Khenzo.2465

Axe – Reduce the cd or allow it to be ground target

Staff – Reduce the cd or make it move you further

Hammer – Don’t make the return forced, allow us to re-use the skill to return aka shadowstep

Also I’d imagne Shiro and/or Glint with have some movement skill attached to them