Rework Surge of the Mist and Shield

in Revenant

Posted by: Sazukikrah.5036

Sazukikrah.5036

Can we all agree that Revenant needs some weapon rework? MY two main concerns would be Revenant staff skill 5 “Surge of the Mists”. Since it functions like Whirlwind Attack, it should at least have a "targetable " form. It gets frustrating having to face a certain way for your skill to go off effectively. Another skill i want to talk about is Crystal Hibernation. This skill was just like “Shield of Absorption” at one point. It was a stationary skill and it would root the player in place and didn’t allow ANY movement, thus geting burst down quick. Why can’t “Crystal Hibernation” be a movement skill as well? With all the CC’s and unblockables in the game since the release of HoT , stationary skills seems a bit too much , don’t you think? That’s just my opinion.

Attachments:

Hadi the Edgemaster – Pro level Warrior (Youtube Hadi the Edgemaster)
Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer
Harbinger " I will make you (QQ)"

in Revenant

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

I still remember this

While it does roots you, it is a long block that also heals you for a large amount. Basically like some of our lower heal skills right now. If you could move while using this skill it’s power would need to be brought down a lot.

This was before the big nerf to healing on each pulse so I’m still waiting for the compensation (Please allow movement while channeling) and lets also not forget about the fake promise on compensation after nerfing Naturalistic Resonance.

And staff is still meta because there is literally no other viable choice, hammer is garbage tier against players with at least a little amount of intelligence.

Stella Truth Seeker

in Revenant

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Facing should stay. Should just stick to 450 pbaoe execute on berserker if you can’t handle that and vet oakheart roots.

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

SotM could definitely have the skillshot aiming, same for Echoing Eruption for example. Aiming with the character model, while possible and way better in those cases than lock-on targeting, is not as intuitive as skillshot.

For Crystal Hibernation, I think the skill is all right. We already have a mobile block on Sword #4 if you need it. If I were to do something with CH, it would be adding some minor group utility to it. Bonus toughness to nearby allies for example.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Revenant

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

There is no reason why Crystal Hibernation should root you after the healing nerf ages ago. The GM trait Soothing Bastion is also garbage. Maybe if it cleansed conditions while pulsing or just had more utility like a Chrono’s/Warrior’s blocks it would be useful, but really – I’d rather take OH Sword’s movement while blocking most of the time to avoid getting smacked with unblockables while sitting still and re-positioning while defending.

It also costs less Energy, and has a shorter CD.

I can agree with SotM/EM having a Whirlwind-like target, though I’d want it especially for the latter since its kind okittenward to use currently.

in Revenant

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

And staff is still meta because there is literally no other viable choice, hammer is garbage tier against players with at least a little amount of intelligence.

I still use my staff in WvW, but after the surge nerf it’s pretty bad in sPvP. Without it being a complete knockout punch like it was before, you’re just left being stuck on staff for 10 seconds, which is just going to let anyone either get away or heal back up. I can certainly understand the nerf to SotM, but they needed to compensate with increase aa damage or a staff 2 rework(maybe give it something OP like a leg sweep knockdown instead of a daze.)

I even used it for a long time after the nerf, but found it came down to just opening fights with a surge or if I was forced to go defensive/escape from a fight… Which was pretty meh. Since then, I’ve just been using OH Axe instead of it and am actually much happier—it fulfills the CC role of the staff at the cost of a 2nd block, but at least you’re never away from your sword. (And Axe 4 having slow now is pretty great both offensively and defensively.) Every once in a while, if it seems like I’ll need a lot of defense, I’ll go OH Sword for the block/immob, but that’s only if the enemy comp looks super gross to deal with.