Roy, I'm going through withdrawal!!!

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Already feeling the pangs of withdrawal for my Revenant!!!

/CRY!!!!

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Revenant

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

I’m having a hard time even logging in.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

in Revenant

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Agreed. What a mess. My favorite character for 3 years does pretty much nothing for me now…
What is this cruel joke?

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Revenant

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

Have been fine tuning the looks, build and name for my rev for a while now and it’s pretty much defined.
I want to play it soon.
I can barely play anything else.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

Thankfully the fall shows are back on TV and give me entertainment enough to not think about GW2 until the 23rd.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

in Revenant

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

Yea, I don’t feel like playing on my Ele anymore. Just doing it for dungeons every now and then and getting the dailies.
Revenant is too much fun.

in Revenant

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Agreed. What a mess. My favorite character for 3 years does pretty much nothing for me now…
What is this cruel joke?

Hey ronpierce, you’re a ranger main too right?

I know why your favorite character for 3 yrs don’t help, because Druid is such a disappointment

in Revenant

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

What is this cruel joke?

I know why your favorite character for 3 yrs don’t help, because Druid is such a disappointment

No, no, no. I’m a necro main. Reaper is actually super fun, but that’s the problem. Both Reaper AND Revenant makes base Necro feel boring. But even then, Revenant is more fun than Reaper… :/

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Revenant

Posted by: Roy Cronacher

Roy Cronacher

Game Designer

Glad to hear you all can’t wait until launch, me too. It’ll be here soon™, exciting times!

Twitter: @RoyCronacher
I work on systems, combat, skills, and balance.

in Revenant

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

soon™

Now I have a quote I can use when people ask is it coming yet.

THANKS ROY!

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in Revenant

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

What is this cruel joke?

No, no, no. I’m a necro main. Reaper is actually super fun, but that’s the problem. Both Reaper AND Revenant makes base Necro feel boring. But even then, Revenant is more fun than Reaper… :/

At least your favourite specializations are the same as me

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

this waiting is unbearable.
2 weeks…i can JUST DO IT

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Posted by: Calcifire.1864

Calcifire.1864

Soooo Roy, remember that thread about possibly releasing rev early so we could start HoT with other players and get important things like hero points and waypoints?

had any thoughts about that yet? :P

in Revenant

Posted by: Darkheron.6271

Darkheron.6271

What is this cruel joke?

This is exactly my problem I have a Necromancer main I have played since launch, and the Reaper just makes it awesome. But I also love the Revenant. I honestly am having a terrible time deciding between the two as I really only have time to play one of them.

I am thinking Revenant since I don’t have any heavy classes leveled, and I can level armorsmith and weaponsmith for the achievements. But kitten … Reaper… soo good.

in Revenant

Posted by: Ilharn.6813

Ilharn.6813

What is this cruel joke?

This is exactly my problem I have a Necromancer main I have played since launch, and the Reaper just makes it awesome. But I also love the Revenant. I honestly am having a terrible time deciding between the two as I really only have time to play one of them.

I am thinking Revenant since I don’t have any heavy classes leveled, and I can level armorsmith and weaponsmith for the achievements. But kitten … Reaper… soo good.

Common feelings here…

in Revenant

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

It’s a fun class to play indeed. Shiro moblity is over the top though. The utility teleport needs a few seconds of CD if used on targets out of range.

in Revenant

Calcifire.1864

It’s a fun class to play indeed. Shiro moblity is over the top though. The utility teleport needs a few seconds of CD if used on targets out of range.

it does: using it once is fine. using it twice puts you at the target with little energy remaining and a few seconds of waiting before you can use it again (effectively a 2 second CD), using it a third time fully drains your energy and you have to either fight with no energy or switch stances, or a 4 second CDif you need to use it again.

let’s not forget that thieves also get a shadowstep with no CD and can be targeted.

energy isn’t free, much like thieves we are limited by resources instead of CDs

(edited by Calcifire.1864)

in Revenant

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

Yes, remember that energy is essentially a visual representation of cooldowns. It’s similiar to thief initiative which is just a shared cooldown pool for thief weapon skills visually represented.

Anyway, can’t wait for the Revenant.

in Revenant

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

Soooo Roy, remember that thread about possibly releasing rev early so we could start HoT with other players and get important things like hero points and waypoints?

had any thoughts about that yet? :P

How dare you give me hope more obsession! Now I will be checking the news and boards even more…

in Revenant

Kicker.8203

it does: using it once is fine. using it twice puts you at the target with little energy remaining and a few seconds of waiting before you can use it again (effectively a 2 second CD), using it a third time fully drains your energy and you have to either fight with no energy or switch stances, or a 4 second CDif you need to use it again.

let’s not forget that thieves also get a shadowstep with no CD and can be targeted.

energy isn’t free, much like thieves we are limited by resources instead of CDs

Guess what thief has to use all his initative(and wait 2 more secs) to use Infiltrator’s arrow 3 times(2700 range). There is nothing to swap in order to regain initiative. Thief has high mobility at the cost of being weak in even numbered fights.
While revenant is a stronger fighter with much better mobility. He can use phase traversal 2 times and he is already in range for Unrelenting Assault(45 energy only). Phase Traversal requiring a target is a big weakness but also a strength: It bypasses line of sight limitations and in WvW you can always outrun anyone using the NPCs and Walls as targets. It can roam better in SPvP than a thief if there is a target at a point and immediately deal damage and get unblockable bonuses with their teleports.

I’m not asking to remove this skill or something. I’m only asking to give it like 5s of cooldown ONLY if the target was out of range as I honestly think it should be.

(edited by Kicker.8203)

in Revenant

Posted by: Ellsy.6780

Ellsy.6780

Still waiting on that time machine…..

Sigh

Born Villain [CAIN]
Revenant Team Lead & Guardian Advisor
Commander “Elscia” – Jade Quarry

in Revenant

Posted by: Zev.3407

Zev.3407

I literally just run around in circles at the grove waiting to play my main.

in Revenant

Posted by: Rabbitstew.2756

Rabbitstew.2756

Guess what thief has to use all his initative(and wait 2 more secs) to use Infiltrator’s arrow 3 times(2700 range). There is nothing to swap in order to regain initiative. Thief has high mobility at the cost of being weak in even numbered fights.
While revenant is a stronger fighter with much better mobility. He can use phase traversal 2 times and he is already in range for Unrelenting Assault(45 energy only). Phase Traversal requiring a target is a big weakness but also a strength: It bypasses line of sight limitations and in WvW you can always outrun anyone using the NPCs and Walls as targets. It can roam better in SPvP than a thief if there is a target at a point and immediately deal damage and get unblockable bonuses with their teleports.

I’m not asking to remove this skill or something. I’m only asking to give it like 5s of cooldown ONLY if the target was out of range as I honestly think it should be.

Standard mobility of the Revenant is already pretty bad, I’d be wary of lowering it even more. When I played without Shiro (like how many Revs will be), I felt pretty slow in combat, which meant death in many situations.

Also, talking about Thief, it has plenty of stealth on top of their teleports, which is a hard counter to phase traversal when attempting to run away. Pop stealth and LOS the Rev so they can’t target you… job done. Funnily enough, it’s also a hard counter to Rev sword #3. Stealth will be very powerful vs some Revenants it seems.

(P.S. — 2 phase traversals + 1 unrelenting assault is a total of 55 energy.)

in Revenant

Lonewolf Kai.3682

What in the world people!! This thread is not about freaking balance! Go away and stop derailing the thread.

in Revenant

Kicker.8203

Standard mobility of the Revenant is already pretty bad, I’d be wary of lowering it even more. When I played without Shiro (like how many Revs will be), I felt pretty slow in combat, which meant death in many situations.

Also, talking about Thief, it has plenty of stealth on top of their teleports, which is a hard counter to phase traversal when attempting to run away. Pop stealth and LOS the Rev so they can’t target you… job done. Funnily enough, it’s also a hard counter to Rev sword #3. Stealth will be very powerful vs some Revenants it seems.

(P.S. — 2 phase traversals + 1 unrelenting assault is a total of 55 energy.)

You can’t just break target and the LOS the revenant the whole game. You need to cap points without stealth. Only D/P thieves have on-demand stealth, which can be countered by revenant’s instant reveal.
It’s not just revenants teleporting on thieves. But any other class trying to disengage.

Revenant has perma swiftness without any trait investment. In shiro you also get super speed + the teleport.

(P.S. — indeed 2 phase traversals + 1 unrelenting assault is a total of 55 energy, but that doesn’t change the fact they can use them all at once.)

Sorry to Roy for discussing it here.

in Revenant

Posted by: Puls.5867

Puls.5867

Glad to hear you all can’t wait until launch, me too. It’ll be here soon™, exciting times!

Please give the pre-orderererererers get it a few days before launch I love my Revenant and need to kill zhaitan again and catch up with the story and get it to level 80 before HoT story Dx I need my Revvy

Tsento – Mesmer | Timcarnate – Revenant | Timigami – Necromancer

in Revenant

Ilharn.6813

Please give the pre-orderererererers get it a few days before launch I love my Revenant and need to kill zhaitan again and catch up with the story and get it to level 80 before HoT story Dx I need my Revvy

14 days left….

in Revenant

Puls.5867

14 days left….

Yes and the withdrawal is real

in Revenant

Mightybird.6034

yes please! even 3-4 days would be great. I like to have story up to date on my mains… not to mention it’d be nice to have some mapping and such done…

in Revenant

Gaaroth.2567

14 days left….

I feel and empty vessel.
And I can’t even channel my emotions right now.

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Puls.5867

14 days left….

I feel and empty vessel.
And I can’t even channel my emotions right now.

It was such an invoxicating experience everything else is plain in comparison I can’t swap yet to get my energy back so all I can do is sit here stare and wait for my F1 to work again 0% energy right now

in Revenant

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Hardly logged in since the beta weekend ended :’( I think this expansion is counterproductive!

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in Revenant

Posted by: JHeid.6083

JHeid.6083

yes please! even 3-4 days would be great. I like to have story up to date on my mains… not to mention it’d be nice to have some mapping and such done…

This would be really great, it would be very nice to have Revenants able to explore the new content at the same time as everyone else.

in Revenant

Lonewolf Kai.3682

2 more weeks to go!!

I don’t think I can make it! <GASP>!

in Revenant

Gaaroth.2567

2 more weeks to go!!

I don’t think I can make it! <GASP>!

yeah exactly 2 weeks today…this is getting intense ò_ò

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

I hope I won’t be overloaded with college stuff when it’s launched so I can do world completion on my rev.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Gaaroth.2567

I hope I won’t be overloaded with college stuff when it’s launched so I can do world completion on my rev.

I think i’ll just do WayPoint and HeroPoints, let’s say 15m per map, 30+ maps=8h+ to be done. Fair.

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Posted by: Leonia.2031

Leonia.2031

The waiting is excruciating enough but I’m more worried about not having access to Herald right away for launch day. Would really like to be gathering hero points now.

in Revenant

Posted by: Ellsy.6780

Ellsy.6780

NO SPECIAL TREATMENT?!!! I SAY REVOLT!

Born Villain [CAIN]
Revenant Team Lead & Guardian Advisor
Commander “Elscia” – Jade Quarry

in Revenant

Calcifire.1864

because allowing a class (that literally everyone who has HoT has access to) actually reach the same point as everyone else (completion of story and core world) is “special treatment”

or perhaps on launch, everyone should have their levels set to 0 and world completion removed, so everyone is on an equal footing?

in Revenant

Gaaroth.2567

because allowing a class (that literally everyone who has HoT has access to) actually reach the same point as everyone else (completion of story and core world) is “special treatment”

or perhaps on launch, everyone should have their levels set to 0 and world completion removed, so everyone is on an equal footing?

Agreed!

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Mightybird.6034

Day 6 – hope and will to survive fading. Little sustenance to be found. Merely scraps here and there. It is a cold day, Bob is looking grim. Their is talk of eating him if the Revenant is not released soon.

in Revenant

Posted by: SoulstitchMMO.1396

SoulstitchMMO.1396

I literally only log in now to do a couple pvp dailies on my mesmer and log out.

in Revenant

Ilharn.6813

Day 6 – hope and will to survive fading.

My right eye is twitching all day long x.o

in Revenant

Gaaroth.2567

Day 6 – hope and will to survive fading. Little sustenance to be found. Merely scraps here and there. It is a cold day, Bob is looking grim. Their is talk of eating him if the Revenant is not released soon.

Don’t give up! We can do it!!!

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Posted by: SoulstitchMMO.1396

SoulstitchMMO.1396

I’ve got the week off. I’m totally bored. I totally need my Revenant back.

in Revenant

Ilharn.6813

12 days and 15 letters left

in Revenant

Posted by: NapTooN.6283

NapTooN.6283

Still waiting on that time machine…..

Sigh

I doubt it will be invented within the next 11 days, so you are better off waiting for HoT :-D

in Revenant

Mightybird.6034

boooooooored

logged in did daily…im like I should run dungeons since gold is getting nerfed soon but bleh

boooored

gimme rev pls

ty

in Revenant

Ilharn.6813

9 days gone, 9 days to go…! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH