Roy ? Roy are you there ??

in Revenant

Posted by: Kaizoku.1298

Kaizoku.1298

Roy your team ruins the revenant/herald while you are on a vacation ! We became a no risk/high reward class you have got to change Unrelenting Assault or Surge of the Mists.
They are both currently way too powerful.
Low CD
High damage
Evade
SotM needs some tweaking, stun breaking from it won’t help a lot of the times since it still knocks you back even after you stun break, dealing MASSIVE damage. I suggest you either lowering its’ damage, increase cooldown or make it not evade. May I add it becomes unblockable with devastation traitline making it even more powerful. Just a minor tweaking would be sufficient otherwise there would be too much whining obviously.
As for Unrelenting Assault, it currently has a low CD. However that’s not the real problem, sure it cannot deal much damage in group fights but it wrecks in a 1v1 or 1v2. Decreasing its’ duration would help since your opponent has to waste both dodges (1v1 scenario) to actually evade it.
Also Retribution traitline. That stability on dodge duration is too long.

(edited by Kaizoku.1298)

in Revenant

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Roy was the one who made the changes for Rev and they are good ones. UA is fine and absolutely necessary for PVE. The damage for UA goes down dramatically the moment you introduce even one more target to the picture. And you can dodge, use retaliation, use confusion, etc.

in Revenant

Posted by: Arkantos.7460

Arkantos.7460

Roy your team ruins the revenant while you are on a vacation ! We became no a risk/high reward class you have got to change Unrelenting Assault or Surge of the Mists.
They are both currently way too powerful.
Low CD
High damage
Evade
SotM needs some tweaking, stun breaking from it won’t help a lot of the times since it still knocks you back even after you stun break, dealing MASSIVE damage. I suggest you either lower its’ damage, increase cooldown or make it not evade. May I add it becomes unblockable with devastation traitline making it even more powerful. Just a minor tweaking would be sufficient otherwise there would be too much whining obviously.
As for Unrelenting Assault, it currently has a low CD. However that’s not the real problem, sure it cannot deal much damage in group fights but it wrecks in a 1v1 or 1v2. Decreasing its’ duration would help since your opponent has to waste both dodges (1v1 scenario) to actually evade it.
Also Retribution traitline. That stability on dodge duration is too long.

well but for what are you talking about?! PVP PVE WVWVW
what build your talking about or traits or skills?
Its very confusing what you say, cause youre not go into details…. its the same like I said thief has too much dmg, engi has to much skills or guards have to much healing
I think its a l2p issue, the Revenant is new and no one has specific knowledge of gameplay against or with him in Pvp /Pve.

Good Thiefs are average,
Skilled Thiefs are dangerous

in Revenant

Posted by: bluesnacks.2301

bluesnacks.2301

decreasing the duration is a bad idea

Quand on parle du loup, on en voit la queue.

in Revenant

Posted by: arnitheking.8427

arnitheking.8427

Why would you want a rev nerf..? It’s in a good spot now. What rev needs is another main hand weapon that is a condi/power hybrid with range…

in Revenant

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

unrelenting assault, dodge it.

surge of the mists, stunbreak or teleport.. or stability if it’s more than 1 or 2 stacks.

welcome to the 2 only skills on revenant sword and staff that deal damage, surge is even hard to land.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

Really isn’t that hard to counter. Between environment move next to wall instant cancelling the ability and simply dodgin once it goes off isn’t that hard. There’s very few other moves you need to really dodge on the Revenant so not sure what the problem would be.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Revenant

Kaizoku.1298

SotM is not that hard to land. As for UA, I really don’t mind it being the same. But SotM definitely needs some tweaking. It can kill you in a second. You guys say just stun-break it however breaking out of stun wouldn’t be that easy since it all happens in 1 second. Even after you stun break, you can get caught in it again. Same goes for teleporting, it happens so fast that you take around 8k damage before teleporting or stun breaking.
I’m not asking for destruction of the revenants, I too love the revenant and wanted to main it in the past. I simply ask for that specific skill to be looked at.

in Revenant

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

UA in no way needs a nerf. It’s really the only damage skill we have with a sword shield build. How about what ever class you play let’s nerf your damage skill

in Revenant

Posted by: Demented Yak.6105

Demented Yak.6105

It’s so easy to ignore UA. I can’t tell you how many times my UA has just been shaken off like it was nothing by literally every profession.

in Revenant

Kodiak.3281

SotM is not that hard to land. As for UA, I really don’t mind it being the same. But SotM definitely needs some tweaking. It can kill you in a second. You guys say just stun-break it however breaking out of stun wouldn’t be that easy since it all happens in 1 second. Even after you stun break, you can get caught in it again. Same goes for teleporting, it happens so fast that you take around 8k damage before teleporting or stun breaking.
I’m not asking for destruction of the revenants, I too love the revenant and wanted to main it in the past. I simply ask for that specific skill to be looked at.

You pretty much require perfect positioning on an unmoving target to really land all the hits on it for 8k damage. Most cases it’s very common with everyone moving, adjusting and otherwise to land a fraction of that damage.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Revenant

Kaizoku.1298

It’s so easy to ignore UA. I can’t tell you how many times my UA has just been shaken off like it was nothing by literally every profession.

I’d appreciate if everyone stopped telling me UA doesn’t need a nerf, I said I don’t mind it being the same. However UA is definitely strong, I don’t know what you mean by easy to ignore as it can deal 14k+ damage without the need to be full berserker.
My problem is SotM.

in Revenant

Jekkt.6045

so you want to nerf the damage of the only damage skill on staff that isn’t even a 100% hit. seems legit.

in Revenant

Kodiak.3281

People are saying you can ignore UA because soon as you see it going off on you, you press V and it suddenly does little to no damage. Really not much more to it than that.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Revenant

Posted by: Laceration.4290

Laceration.4290

I’d appreciate if everyone stopped telling me UA doesn’t need a nerf, I said I don’t mind it being the same. However UA is definitely strong, I don’t know what you mean by easy to ignore as it can deal 14k+ damage without the need to be full berserker.
My problem is SotM.

Stop pulling numbers out of your bumbum. Or are you getting 14k+ ua DMG with 25 might and 25 vuln?

I run full zerker in wvw and it usually nets around 8kk on squihies and 10k if your lucky.

Dr Laceration [AiD]
YouTube?

in Revenant

Posted by: Maxite.6102

Maxite.6102

My problem is SotM.

Then stop making up numbers. I’ve used it all weekend. Often with 10+ might against glass thieves and never seen it come close to that. I don’t think I’ve seen it hit for more than 8k all weekend and thats with marauders. The majority of the time the target will either dodge or stealth, or eat 5k standing still.

People keep making up these ridiculous exaggerations. If half of them were true Revs would be running around with 100% win rates.

in Revenant

Kaizoku.1298

Having 100% crit chance, 14k damage is possible with devastation traitline.
I have dealt 13k damage to a medium armour class with SotM

in Revenant

Posted by: fluidmonolith.3584

fluidmonolith.3584

I can see reason in both viewpoints. On one hand, UA is very difficult to counter. It gives evasion, high damage (when against a single target), and has a relatively short cooldown. Many professions or builds do not have a reliable counter against this.

On the other hand, if it is nerfed heavily, sword will have nothing left for damage other than auto-attack, and I hope no one wants that. I don’t have a good suggestion at the moment that would be able to simultaneously address these conflicting issues.

SotM, however, I do not believe needs any adjustment. It does hit hard and strips stability well, but the cooldown is long-ish, the evasion is short, and it’s on a weapon that doesn’t have much else for hard hitting attacks.

Maguuma
Astaxanthas (Revenant), Hepaticus (Engineer), Eosinophus (Thief)

in Revenant

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

My problem is SotM.

Then stop making up numbers. I’ve used it all weekend. Often with 10+ might against glass thieves and never seen it come close to that. I don’t think I’ve seen it hit for more than 8k all weekend and thats with marauders. The majority of the time the target will either dodge or stealth, or eat 5k standing still.

People keep making up these ridiculous exaggerations. If half of them were true Revs would be running around with 100% win rates.

+1 I completely agree, with all these outlandish claims I must be playing revenant wrong. Cause it seems to me I should just steamroll every other class….. right?

in Revenant

Kaizoku.1298

I can see reason in both viewpoints. On one hand, UA is very difficult to counter. It gives evasion, high damage (when against a single target), and has a relatively short cooldown. Many professions or builds do not have a reliable counter against this.

On the other hand, if it is nerfed heavily, sword will have nothing left for damage other than auto-attack, and I hope no one wants that. I don’t have a good suggestion at the moment that would be able to simultaneously address these conflicting issues.

SotM, however, I do not believe needs any adjustment. It does hit hard and strips stability well, but the cooldown is long-ish, the evasion is short, and it’s on a weapon that doesn’t have much else for hard hitting attacks.

UA can be countered by stealth, you can reveal them to land it though.
But the problem with SotM is that it is an insta-kill if you land it. Minor tweaking should be fine with SotM but UA can make it without looking at it.

(edited by Kaizoku.1298)

in Revenant

Posted by: fluidmonolith.3584

fluidmonolith.3584

UA can be countered by stealth, you can reveal them to land UA.
But the problem with SotM is that it is an insta-kill if you land it. Minor tweaking should be fine with SotM but UA can make it without looking at it.

I found it pretty difficult to land all or most of the hits from SotM against enemy players. Often the knockback on the first few hits would push them out of range of the rest. But I do agree that it is devastating if you get most of the hits in.

Maguuma
Astaxanthas (Revenant), Hepaticus (Engineer), Eosinophus (Thief)

in Revenant

Kaizoku.1298

UA can be countered by stealth, you can reveal them to land UA.

I found it pretty difficult to land all or most of the hits from SotM against enemy players. Often the knockback on the first few hits would push them out of range of the rest. But I do agree that it is devastating if you get most of the hits in.

Landing SotM isn’t that hard against melee opponents but yeah, against ranged ones it is pretty hard

in Revenant

Posted by: Akagami.6328

Akagami.6328

TALKING ABOUT WVW!!

You can definitely land 12k+ easily with SotM, but it depends on your traits setup and on which legends you have equipped. I currently run with Glint+Shiro with Invocation, Devastation and Herald, not a full berserk. I usually run around with perma 5 Might, Swiftness and Fury and use One with Nature before engaging, so that’s about 9 Might right when I engage. Before using any of my high damage skills, I use Burst of Strength to pop that 20% vuln [and gain 3 Might from popping Facet of Strength] and voila! Hit around 9-14k damage, depending on how many hits I land and how tanky my opponent is. I wouldn’t call for tweaking on it just yet, as I am new to Rev [10 hours or so]. I don’t think this skill is that hard to land against melee, but it’s tricky with ranged ones.

I’m not talking about UA as the OP already stated that he’s fine with it.

TDLR:
Talking about WvW only
SotM can easily hit for 10-14k depending on your build and enemy tankiness
Might need a bit of tweaking, but not sure as I am new to Rev.
Not as hard to land as some people may claim.

EDIT:
http://prntscr.com/8nthy0
Just now, on a Warrior without the 20% vuln [I missed]

(edited by Akagami.6328)

in Revenant

Jekkt.6045

you can make bleeds tick for 160+ in wvw, you can have 30k+ hp in wvw. wvw balance is lol and should not be used for pvp balance at all. the highest i ever achieved in pvp with 25 might and 25 vul stacks on the enemy was 8k with a perfect hit on a foe that played full dps.

in Revenant

Posted by: Akagami.6328

Akagami.6328

you can make bleeds tick for 160+ in wvw, you can have 30k+ hp in wvw. wvw balance is lol and should not be used for pvp balance at all. the highest i ever achieved in pvp with 25 might and 25 vul stacks on the enemy was 8k with a perfect hit on a foe that played full dps.

That’s why I stated that I’m in WvW, haven’t tested it out in PvP yet.
I will later, too late now.

EDIT:
I do not believe that your max was 8k with 25 Might, 25 vuln and a perfect hit, it seems so low as I hit 15k on Heavy Golems in HotM with only the stuff I stated above [not sure how much their toughness is]

(edited by Akagami.6328)

in Revenant

Maxite.6102

Tried for about a half hour. Got 14k once with 10 might, fury, vuln, burst of strength, marauder, scholar, dmg traits, on the heavy golem. Getting all the hits to land was pretty rare. A few 13 and 12s, but most of the time it’d plow through the golem for 3-4k. * Fury was the big difference maker. was getting around 7.5 without it.

In comparison hundred blades was 12k+, Rapid fire 10k with similar runes/amulet. No one is standing in those either, but that doesn’t seem to be the point. If you can land it against the wall, it’ll hurt if they don’t break out. But then so does whirlwind.

Moreso, staff hasn’t felt like a great choice if I’m going dmg even with all that. I can get more out of Sword/Axe & hammer.

(edited by Maxite.6102)

in Revenant

Jekkt.6045

it works differently on golems than on actual players, you can’t go by golem damage. maybe it has something to do with their “get back in place mechanik” but hits on players are never as high as on golems with surge.

in Revenant

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

With Berserker Amulet and Runes of the Scholar and Sigils of Force and such, popping Facet of Nature with Elder’s Boon, taking a Signet of Spite(and then giving myself Resistance) while having Mallyx’s damage trait, then popping EtD and abusing a “bug” to have EtD activate while being in Shiro’s stance to then activate his Heal and using Unrelenting Assault against my Necro friend using a Marauder’s amulet, I did over 24k damage, downing him in a single Unrelenting Assault.

Same god-like conditions on Sentinel’s amulet did like 18k damage or so.

However, using a full glass Revenant in real PvP and not abusing bugs or ridiculous settings, I was averaging around 8k damage on a full UA on most targets. Double dodges nullified most of the damage and I could melt from any amount of conditions due to a GIGANTIC lack of cleansing. I basically had Dodges and Facet of Light to keep myself alive(Condi Builds would annihilate me if I wasn’t careful).

From all that playtesting, all I found was that Hammer does crazy-kitten damage if you leave me alone(much like a Well-bomb Necro really), Sword can be very effective in finishing off lone targets, but eh. It’s just a good “artillery” build. Smart evading could allow me to survive, but again, any amount of conditions was deadly to me.

in Revenant

Maxite.6102

-Oh right herald f2.

Swapping to soldier shot my survival up without losing too much dmg. But even glass, I was never coming close to the super dmg people are reporting.

in Revenant

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

Not sure where people are getting their numbers from. From my experience in WvW UA on a single target ranges from 7k-19k (19k was only achieved once on a downed mesmer lvl 80 in WvW). That is without the opponent dodging anything. As for SoTM, give it a cast line like Warriors GS3 and nerf the damage all you want. It isn’t an extremely easy skill to get all the hits off, but it does hit like a truck which is fair. Highest I’ve seen in WvW from it was 17k on a lvl 80 ranger.

I’ll put up a longer video of burst revenant later tonight, but here is the 19k hit. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYgJPWdbIL8&feature=youtu.be

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer

in Revenant

Posted by: Photinous.4628

Photinous.4628

You all must be joking to defend the Revenant’s strength right now.

1. Perma 15 stacks of might out of combat while AFK
2. Instant 25 stacks of might while in Shiro
3. 0 cooldown stunbreak on Shiro
4. Way too many blocks: Staff, offhand sword, and shield + GM trait in Glint.
5. Glint heal is basically an invuln. You either get fully healed or someone has to run away from you while it’s up. So add this to the list of blocks on #4 and the damage mitigation is insane.
6. The teleport’s in shiro are ridiculously OP. You can travel from point to point in about 3 seconds.
7. I’m sure there’s way more things I haven’t listed above.

in Revenant

Posted by: nobleroar.2078

nobleroar.2078

while ppl can complain about how OP rev is but one thing they always never mention is about energy management.

Revs can never spam skills and with skill cool down, it is even tougher for revs to spam skills.

some suggestions:

1. Learn to dodge
2. Use conditions

/15 chars

Also, use a relevant thread title that clearly expresses the subject of the thread. This is part of the forum’s Code of Conduct. Please kindly amend your topic title to reflect the subject discussion here.

edit: added fact

Jade Quarry
Mesmer | Night

(edited by nobleroar.2078)

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

UA already got nerfed in the last patch. It’s not more powerful then other skills and has a lot of counterplay (like using minions).

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Interesing enough, people who complain about rev/new elite specs are either know to be really bad at the game which they keep showing by lack of knowlegle (they tend to def their class like pu mes, dd ele), or their forum history is quite..short.

I been obversating duels for a while and many classes has fair chance against rev..but these duels are done with people that has knowlegle about rev and knows how to counter it. I already told a little secret to my qq friend how to catch rev right as he comes off sword 3 and other extra stuff i wont mention here. Since then he been doing much better against other revs. So stomp complain about something new and simply and l2p guys.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

Kaizoku.1298

You all must be joking to defend the Revenant’s strength right now.

1. Perma 15 stacks of might out of combat while AFK
2. Instant 25 stacks of might while in Shiro
3. 0 cooldown stunbreak on Shiro
4. Way too many blocks: Staff, offhand sword, and shield + GM trait in Glint.
5. Glint heal is basically an invuln. You either get fully healed or someone has to run away from you while it’s up. So add this to the list of blocks on #4 and the damage mitigation is insane.
6. The teleport’s in shiro are ridiculously OP. You can travel from point to point in about 3 seconds.
7. I’m sure there’s way more things I haven’t listed above.

Thank god someone who actually tested these unlike the others..(8k on SotM 25 mights and vuln, pls). I was actually afraid to posts those since so many people would complain and bombard my thread

in Revenant

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

Context is everything. E.G. I landed a 42k with SotM. However:

• It was against an Ice Brood (PvE)
  • 25 might, 25 vuln
  • Salad, Slaying potion, and all that jazz
  • I got the perfect angle the I could probably never land again
  • Warrior banners
  • To add insult to injury, I evaded the wolves that were trying to knock me down mid attack.

Is it an OP weapon that needs a nerf? Not at all. Did I get the world’s perfect setup for that attack? Probably as I never could recreate it.

Rev is just the new kid on the block. So, it’s easy to understand why there’s an influx of complaints since few people new how to fight against it.

in Revenant

Kaizoku.1298

Context is everything. E.G. I landed a 42k with SotM. However:

• It was against an Ice Brood (PvE)
  • 25 might, 25 vuln
  • Salad, Slaying potion, and all that jazz
  • I got the perfect angle the I could probably never land again
  • Warrior banners
  • To add insult to injury, I evaded the wolves that were trying to knock me down mid attack.

Is it an OP weapon that needs a nerf? Not at all. Did I get the world’s perfect setup for that attack? Probably as I never could recreate it.

Rev is just the new kid on the block. So, it’s easy to understand why there’s an influx of complaints since few people new how to fight against it.

Staff is not an overpowered weapon, only SotM needs some tweaking.
I love the staff..

in Revenant

Kodiak.3281

I love the staff..

SOTM really doesn’t need some tweaking at all. You’re basically talking about a stars-align scenario. If it wasn’t this you’d hear everyone complaining about it. However the truth is unless you catch someone on a perfect angle in the perfect scenario with the perfect buffs on it’s at most a 6-8k hit. On a weapon that lacks any other real offensive moves.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Revenant

Posted by: lxghostxl.5097

lxghostxl.5097

Heres a quick fix for ya lad.

1 learn to dodge.
2 learn to use you utility skill for survival.
3 learn to use invironment like walls.
4 use heal to come back since dps rev are weak to condi coz lack of cleanse.
5 stay close with your team.
6 build a tank.
7 stay away from pvp.

If thos still does not work then play angry birds. I heard its fun and kids like it.

in Revenant

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

I love the staff..

SOTM really doesn’t need some tweaking at all. You’re basically talking about a stars-align scenario. If it wasn’t this you’d hear everyone complaining about it. However the truth is unless you catch someone on a perfect angle in the perfect scenario with the perfect buffs on it’s at most a 6-8k hit. On a weapon that lacks any other real offensive moves.

That, and every now and then, it’s pretty expected to get a lucky shot that absolutely wrecks your target. On average though, the skill is pretty hard to land but compensates well for those whose take the time to set it up (or get lucky).

in Revenant

Kaizoku.1298

Let’s put it this way (1v1 scenario and no condis).
Dodging isn’t really a good option since it is an instant cast skill and you never know when your opponent will use it. And no, it isn’t easy to “predict” when they’ll use it since they also know how strong their skill is and will try to bait you.
Staff autoattack is strong, warding rift has little CD + it blinds so basically if I “predict” they’ll use SotM and waste my endurance, I eat SotM and it is an insta death. And yes, it is easy to land… I’ve tried it myself, sure you can miss sometimes but honestly, IMO burning speed is harder to land as it at least has a startup animation.

Sure the revenant has lots of weaknesses but toning SotM down a bit wouldn’t be bad at all. Any decent player would know how to land SotM and people will eventually complain about how strong it is.

in Revenant

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Roy was the one who made the changes for Rev and they are good ones. UA is fine and absolutely necessary for PVE. The damage for UA goes down dramatically the moment you introduce even one more target to the picture. And you can dodge, use retaliation, use confusion, etc.

Roy makes Revenant stupidly OP while trashing ranger.

He believes Ranger can’t have too many boons by ruining We Heal as One, while Revenant gets all boons easily. (As well as the most OP heal in the game, Glint’s damage conversion with no cast time) They also have crazy strong one-hand sword and shield, better than any class using a one-hand sword or shield.

Also all Rev’s skills seem like superior version of other classes.

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Meanwhile revenant without herald line feels weak as f. So much about being op ;o

Glint heal/prot and extra stab on dodge is what carry rev, without it he lack sustain and yet people asking to nerf it damage, trashing rev completely. Once people learn how to counter glint heal he wont be that scary anymore.

(edited by Burtnik.5218)

in Revenant

Kaizoku.1298

Meanwhile revenant without herald line feels weak as f. So much about being op ;o

Glint heal/prot and extra stab on dodge is what carry rev, without it he lack sustain and yet people asking to nerf it damage, trashing rev completely. Once people learn how to counter glint heal he wont be that scary anymore.

I only want to see SotM tweaked. Doesn’t have to be necessarily damage reduction.

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

I only want to see SotM tweaked. Doesn’t have to be necessarily damage reduction.

Thing is surge generally is a defensive skill. Take a look at whirlwind, in many cases you still take hit if you do it in the last moment due to 0.25sec casttime. Adding casttime to surge would ruin it. Landing surge is actually harder than people think – play against decent opponent who dance around you rather than sitting like ducks in front of you and tell me how often you landed full surge.

Same goes for hammer 2 which people complained about yet it can be completely strafed at mid-long range while doing pewpew yourself. Rev is too new to ask for nerfs just yet.

in Revenant

Kaizoku.1298

Thing is surge generally is a defensive skill. Take a look at whirlwind, in many cases you still take hit if you do it in the last moment due to 0.25sec casttime. Adding casttime to surge would ruin it. Landing surge is actually harder than people think – play against decent opponent who dance around you rather than sitting like ducks in front of you and tell me how often you landed full surge.

Same goes for hammer 2 which people complained about yet it can be completely strafed at mid-long range while doing pewpew yourself. Rev is too new to ask for nerfs just yet.

I’m not speaking without actually trying anything. Surge of the Mists is definitely not that hard to land, I have played revenant/herald many times and I may main it.
You say SotM is a defensive skill, warding rift is also a defensive skill, say you have sword on weapon swap, that’s another defensive skill (UA).
I can land SotM. I’ve seen people land it. And they weren’t just flukes they were actually planned to hit. Unlike Whirlwind, SotM is also CC and it rips stability off easily.

EDIT-
Also SotM can go through blocks if traited. Say engi or warrior pop their shield blocks, SotM could go through their block, CC-ing them and putting their blocks on CD

(edited by Kaizoku.1298)

in Revenant

Kodiak.3281

He believes Ranger can’t have too many boons by ruining We Heal as One, while Revenant gets all boons easily. (As well as the most OP heal in the game, Glint’s damage conversion with no cast time) They also have crazy strong one-hand sword and shield, better than any class using a one-hand sword or shield.

Dude you Rangers are just insane with this WHAO stuff. Rangers aren’t ever meant to get that kind of boon play. That’s how the class is. You never had it before this. You get it for a patch, it has unintended level of boon addition, and when it gets fixed you guys act like you always had it. If you want to play a high boon class, play one. However right now all high boon classes (Guardian, Elementalist) both have low HP to compensate for it. You willing to give up 300-400 vitality for boons? No? Then let it go.

As for SOTM, again the ability lacks consistency. Saying “a decent player will land it perfectly every time” can be countered just as easily with “a decent player will avoid it landing perfectly every time.”

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Revenant

Posted by: Sarif.1827

Sarif.1827

Context is everything.

You, Sir, are my new personal Hero for the day.

Leader and Founder of the Shattered Sky Community.
Guild Leader of Covenant of the First Flame [Soul].

in Revenant

Posted by: lxghostxl.5097

lxghostxl.5097

Actually no…. Revenants are not as strong as you think and I also get where you are coming from because I am also main Ranger and did not like the Druid just check my post on Ranger forum. I play Revenant on those BWE but mainly Ranger droods.

I can tell you this about Revenant. they are the class that requires boon to survive or and its the only way they are playable, their main damage actually are really bad.. the skills you talk about that seems better than anyone else is wrong because they are easy to counter and depending on the Revenant build they always have a high flaw just like their lack of cleanse when running a dps build, lack of damage output when running a tank build, no sustain on damage and defensive skills when running a Condi build. playing a Revenant requires common sense and hard work but keeps you challenged in every battle you face that keeps you on your toes. Revenant can kill a target fast as long as the target does not move, come near a wall, use immunity or cc you. there are so much flaw that most player just don’t see because it is still a fresh class. all of those things that you think are crazy strong about Revenant are wrong. I hoped you already played a Revenant and if you don’t I advice you too then after that tell us how many you squashed like fly without using your common sense and then prove that Revenant are superior to other class. I honestly think Revenant atm are just right and should not be nerfed. on my Ranger I always insta kill a Revenant just because I run a LB condi build.

in Revenant

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

Unrelenting assault…really? just dodge roll or block. People are actually countering this skill effectively already, you cant just use the attack whenever it is up. In fact that would put you on the fast track to respawn.

Surge of the mists is a really good attack that is completely necessary as it is, if you have your positioning right. If you miss most of the damage it can be a serious problem because you arent much of a threat afterwards till you weapon swap.

These changes you are suggesting is a direct attack on my build and i dare say i take this as a personal offense and an outrage.

This is what a class should be without stealth. If you want to see what the class looks like failing go attack a good Daredevil, unrelenting assault and SoTM will get you no where fast.