Roy, a little worry.

Roy, a little worry.

in Revenant

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

All in all I love the Revenant but I got some worries of my own. Mostly about weapons and combinations of them.

Right now Sword goes along with axe, shield, hammer and even staff but if you want to make a pure condition build like Rabid then you mostly go for Mace/Axe and… yeah, here is the issue. And what else? Every other weapon is power based. Hammer is a no-go. So is sword and staff really. I feel like condition builds are quite severly limited due to no weapon that goes well with Mace/axe. Maybe Mace/Sword for block but that’s about it.

I also felt there was an issue with not having absolutely any ranged weapon at all that would focus on conditions.

That’s my little worry as it can limit some of the builds and mostly shift focus to power. I get that power/condi may be a little more redeeming but then we more or less gotta go Invocation for better fury to cover up for lack of prec and Mace’s power coefficient is very very very low.

Roy, a little worry.

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

maxe/axe mace/shield

or

mace/axe mace/sword

depending on playstyle.

but yeah, as said in previous posts, we lack a ranged condi. It’d suggest a 2h one like longbow or greatsowrd (since we like to twist )

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Roy, a little worry.

in Revenant

Killyox.3950

Pure condi build. Shield is a no go there

Longbow would be great as a ranged condi weap focused on single target mostly.

Roy, a little worry.

in Revenant

Gaaroth.2567

Pure condi build. Shield is a no go there

Longbow would be great as a ranged condi weap focused on single target mostly.

why not, is just healing and protection. i ran a mallyx/glint with mace/axe, mace/shield rabbid gear build during the whole weekend in pvp. and it rocked ;-)

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Roy, a little worry.

in Revenant

Killyox.3950

that 2 second protection is sure going to help me :P

Also I meant PURE condi spec, offensive spec with no defensive stuff picked if someone feels confident in their ability to dodge/move out etc.

Roy, a little worry.

in Revenant

Posted by: lemone.5867

lemone.5867

Mostly you got Mallyx stance which is condition anyway. Main Mace/axe sword/sword or Mace/sword sword/axe. I understand there is no rangerd condi wepon but still you can do good condi dmg with what you got even with mallyx with staff hammer. I see a lot of topics where ppl say that Rev doesnt have condi removal he need more wepons/ranged but ppl understand we cant get everything. Necro doesnt have condi close range wepon and? They got even more problem with their highest range condi wepon as staff #1 is slow kitten.. and marks…marks cant be used on downed enemies plus they arent that great. This class is in good position. I can even say its on little too good position.

Roy, a little worry.

in Revenant

Posted by: WindGodGirl.6405

WindGodGirl.6405

Why not take Shield as a safety net? Or an offhand sword for good block?

And even if you’re condition damage, the range and frontal projectile block on hammer shouldn’t be ignored.

There’s plenty of options here.

Roy, a little worry.

in Revenant

Posted by: Legiion.7385

Legiion.7385

Revenant can easy play with Condis.
Look at Guard he has hmm 0 mainhand condi Weapon and look at Burn Build.
Rev is in a good Spot.

(edited by Legiion.7385)

Roy, a little worry.

in Revenant

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

maxe/axe mace/shield

or

mace/axe mace/sword

depending on playstyle.

but yeah, as said in previous posts, we lack a ranged condi. It’d suggest a 2h one like longbow or greatsowrd (since we like to twist )

I actually spent quite a few days designing a theoretical revenant elite spec focused on ranged condis with greatsword! Maybe I should post all that work around here?

Roy, a little worry.

in Revenant

Gaaroth.2567

maxe/axe mace/shield

or

mace/axe mace/sword

depending on playstyle.

I actually spent quite a few days designing a theoretical revenant elite spec focused on ranged condis with greatsword! Maybe I should post all that work around here?

you sure have to, sir! we like such things around here

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Roy, a little worry.

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

I like the idea of a weapon similar to what Spear does, range/melee and power/condi all in one weapon. Now obviously we wouldn’t necessarily need a power range combo since we have that already with Hammer, and we also have plenty of power melee, so I’d suggest it be a range/melee condi option, mostly ranged though. Greatsword would be a great addition to the Revy’s weaponry list here and could take it’s place. Why GS? Well we already have a main hand condi weapon, why not make a 2hander now? Plus, it’ll give me an excuse to take Eternity down off the shelf and actually use it.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

Roy, a little worry.

in Revenant

Gaaroth.2567

I like the idea of a weapon similar to what Spear does, range/melee and power/condi all in one weapon. Now obviously we wouldn’t necessarily need a power range combo since we have that already with Hammer, and we also have plenty of power melee, so I’d suggest it be a range/melee condi option, mostly ranged though. Greatsword would be a great addition to the Revy’s weaponry list here and could take it’s place. Why GS? Well we already have a main hand condi weapon, why not make a 2hander now? Plus, it’ll give me an excuse to take Eternity down off the shelf and actually use it.

Yeah my main complaint is that is just so overrated. Probably the best would be rifle, but it’s not fitting (firearms..dunno, maybe it can be worked out…actually might bring some nice gameplay!).
Best middle ground is Longbow.

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Roy, a little worry.

in Revenant

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

I agree with the OP. In fact, I recommended a potential solution that wouldn’t require adding a new weapon and would use the very well received concept of the Spear. See my link below:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/revenant/Feedback-Adjust-Mace-similar-to-Spear/first#post5473836

Summary:
Proposed Solution: give the mace the same treatment as the underwater spear received
- This would put good use to the amazing mechanic that has become available recently and applied to spear. It seems a shame not to use this new mechanic more
- The mace is a good condi weapon, but sometimes range is just needed and this would allow more seamless weapon usage as (mentioned above) the hammer just feels out of place in that type of build
- This would encourage smart placement and more interesting battle presence since you get different results depending on range

Proposed change (though would love to see other ideas here):
- 0-160 range – slightly more direct damage than current and slightly less condi duration applied
- 161-600 range- Less direct damage than current, about the same condi duration applied
- 601-900 range – Very little direct damage, add poison to the second attack, slightly increase torment duration

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Roy, a little worry.

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Revenant can easy play with Condis.
Look at Guard he has hmm 0 mainhand condi Weapon and look at Burn Build.
Rev is in a good Spot.

Not sure if you’re being serious or not, but that comparison is completely irrelevant. Guardian is a Condi weapon unto itself. Besides, they do have a main-hand Condi weapon, scepter (not technically, no, but works great for it).

I’m going pure power with my Revenant, but I can completely understand the desire for more options. Just leave hammer as is and I’m a happy camper.

Roy, a little worry.

in Revenant

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

I think a condi based shoutbow would be more interesting than a great sword or longbow

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Roy, a little worry.

in Revenant

Gaaroth.2567

I think a condi based shoutbow would be more interesting than a great sword or longbow

well yeah..main theme? since bleeding is already thief/ranger dominion we can stick with burning? even torment!

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?