Simple solutions for energy complains

in Revenant

Posted by: Griffith.7238

Griffith.7238

How do they have no cooldown again? You can use them whenever you want on demand with no cost back to back all the time? That’s not the class I played.

I’m pretty sure I know what I want not you so don’t speak for me. I also never advocated for 100 energy on swap or base line it was simply a suggestion as to something they could do to improve the current state of things it is not something I wanted personally ,but merely a suggestion.

(edited by Griffith.7238)

in Revenant

Posted by: Neeja.4579

Neeja.4579

If energy is so easy to manage that you can camp a legend without swapping then it means that you have 10 utility skills (double compared to other classes) and you’re NOT paying any drawback for tham.

I agree, the problem is that people like Griffith just want 10 skills to spam, they don’t care about having to learn a class. Trust ANet, they won’t listen to an evil Berserk character.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Lol yeah, guess I’ll just ignore him at this point, no point in repeating.
If they remove energy from ws I at least hope they buff Invigorating Howl. I hope it’s not needed however.

(edited by Kidel.2057)

in Revenant

Posted by: Mournilg.4870

Mournilg.4870

It would change the fact we can’t use weapon skills while at 0 energy and still be limited in our utility uses.

But you just need to legendswap to use weaponskills again, and it’s instant.
Remove cost on ws and there is no need to legendswap, that’s the point.
And if your legendswap is on cd and you used all your energy it means you managed poorly or you spammed a lot.

5 Phase traversal in a row means you sat on your energy for 10 seconds using only weapon skills. If an ennemy sees you keeping energy for a long time, he can easyly see what’s coming as he knows what is at you disposal.

Dude, he was replying to Griffith who wants 100 energy (ooc or on swap, can’t remember). You don’t need to build up for that, and that’s why it’s wrong.
[/quote]

I agree on this last point, didn’t see the 100 base energy request, my bad.
Though i wouldn’t mind a trait that gives 75 energy base as invocation mastertrait.
Revenant has no way to interact with energy right now.

I fail to see why weapons should be so tied to legend swaping (just a personnal opinion, no offense), Thief already have this mecanic with initiative.
Maybe adjusting some CDs and energy costs would be enough, a bit like ninjas in league of legends, they have low CDs and energy and they works well.

EDIT : Sorry this quoting system gets me mad xD

(edited by Mournilg.4870)

in Revenant

Griffith.7238

If energy is so easy to manage that you can camp a legend without swapping then it means that you have 10 utility skills (double compared to other classes) and you’re NOT paying any drawback for tham.

I agree, the problem is that people like Griffith just want 10 skills to spam, they don’t care about having to learn a class. Trust ANet, they won’t listen to an evil Berserk character.

I like how you assume this when probably my most played class in this game is a Thief. Anyone that actually plays a Thief well knows spamming anything at all is the worst way to play. Heartseeker spam hasn’t been a thing for a very very long time. I play the only class right now that truly has to manage a resource and you’re trying to tell me I want 10 skills to spam. Really? It’s honestly pretty funny that you even sum up any class in this game to just spamming skills. Even a Warrior while I admit is pretty easy to play still requires you to use skills at the right time you don’t just go 1,2,3,4,5 weapon swap repeat that’s not how you play this game on any class I’ve played.

in Revenant

Griffith.7238

Timing is everything and just because weapon skills don’t cost a resource doesn’t change that the fact that you have to use them appropriately ,but I get it you guys are probably PvE players you probably play Hearthstone while you do your super hard zerg events in Dry Top.

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

You probably ignored all the pvp-only player that basically told you l2p in this same thread.

in Revenant

Griffith.7238

Oh you mean all the guys that said you just spam buttons to win in this game? Yeah I doubt they PvP

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

Im sorry to break it for you guys, but energy is almost fine in current state is fine. Youre not supposed to spam everything off cd. The moment where you remove weapon energy you will be able to spam utility skills like riposting shadows and jade winds like no tomorrow which will lead to some serious cd and balance issues there. Weapon skills also at this point will get up espesially after added weapon swap. If you cant manage energy properly, just stop playing it. Maybe that class inst for you. Revenant is supposed to be a complex class like engi and ele.

He posted many videos if you don’t believe me.

in Revenant

Griffith.7238

Guess you didn’t watch his videos. Shy of a few 1v1’s most of which were just stalls he got obliterated in every teamfight the moment someone looked at him. I won’t blame that on his skill because I’ve seen the state of the class.

in Revenant

Griffith.7238

The class can perform in 1v1s most classes can ,but when the Rev starts to get pressured by more then one person all the energy in the world won’t save you his videos are proof of that.

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

I agree, but that has nothing to do with skillspam and energy, it’s because we lack survivability skills and traits, and yeah, energy costs are too high.

I’m not saying we don’t need a higher skill throughput, because we do need it objectively. I’m saying that the core mechanic is fine and a cost reduction on skills will suffice.
They don’t need to change everything because a player refuses to legendswap.

in Revenant

Griffith.7238

I agree, but that has nothing to do with skillspam and energy, it’s because we lack survivability skills and traits, and yeah, energy costs are too high.

I’m not saying we don’t need a higher skill throughput, because we do need it objectively. I’m saying that the core mechanic is fine and a cost reduction on skills will suffice.
They don’t need to change everything because a player refuses to legendswap.

Weapon skills at their current cost as I’ve said before don’t do much more than stall your current regeneration so my suggested change wouldn’t do much more then allowing maybe 1 more utility use per 30 seconds without changing the flow or feel of the class in the slightest as the skills are already tied to cd’s ,but I think I’ve spelled it out enough you won’t get it. Good day.

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

lol, but I said many times that weaponskills need an energy reduction (and some even 0 energy). That’s my suggestion in the first post of this thread.

I just don’t want the core mechanic to be changed.

in Revenant

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

Guess you didn’t watch his videos. Shy of a few 1v1’s most of which were just stalls he got obliterated in every teamfight the moment someone looked at him. I won’t blame that on his skill because I’ve seen the state of the class.

Thats cause we start with too low amount of energy which doesnt give us a lot of space. Combined that with subpar heal ability from Shiro and utilities to prevent damage like teleports, invuls, stealth, blinds, protection on demand, evades lack of stunbreaks and condi removals the end result is not surprising to anyone. Basically all revenant can do is one riposting shadow at the start of the fight and gg. Pushing it out i am still unable to come even close to what i can do with guardian. Even my pewpew does better due to stealth on lb3 and signet of stone with gs block and swoop to gtfo.

Some cost of weapon skills are simply too high, we all know it, but thats not a reason to remove it completely, we need Roy to adjust these values. As i said no weapon skill should go above 10 energy cost. I would say that weapon skills should cost 5 energy but i would like to see what will happen first with my proposed changes to not overbuff it.

Thats what betas and feedback are for after all and videos i made are there as a proof that rev is far from being in a good state. Its also a reason why we getting Glint this week, they rush info about revenant more than anyone else as it needs a lot of work to make it fuctional but i see the potential here. I bet Glint will also end being subpar.

If we look at all the new shiny stuff -dragonhunter, reaper, tempest they all underperform with exception of chronomancer. I believe they trying too hard to not release something op. Thats said since last beta revenant got a lot better.

obey me

(edited by skowcia.8257)

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

I still think we need an energy generation skill on each of the weapons. Maybe on the #5s. This would of course depend on CDs still being in place.

Like you gain 10 energy in addition to the other affects.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Revenant

Griffith.7238

Thats cause we start with too low amount of energy which doesnt give us a lot of space. Combined that with subpar heal ability from Shiro and utilities to prevent damage like teleports, invuls, stealth, blinds, protection on demand, evades lack of stunbreaks and condi removals the end result is not surprising to anyone. Basically all revenant can do is one riposting shadow at the start of the fight and gg. Pushing it out i am still unable to come even close to what i can do with guardian. Even my pewpew does better due to stealth on lb3 and signet of stone with gs block and swoop to gtfo.

Some cost of weapon skills are simply too high, we all know it, but thats not a reason to remove it completely, we need Roy to adjust these values. As i said no weapon skill should go above 10 energy cost. I would say that weapon skills should cost 5 energy but i would like to see what will happen first with my proposed changes to not overbuff it.

Thats what betas and feedback are for after all and videos i made are there as a proof that rev is far from being in a good state. Its also a reason why we getting Glint this week, they rush info about revenant more than anyone else as it needs a lot of work to make it fuctional but i see the potential here. I bet Glint will also end being subpar.

If we look at all the new shiny stuff -dragonhunter, reaper, tempest they all underperform with exception of chronomancer. I believe they trying too hard to not release something op. Thats said since last beta revenant got a lot better.

Can’t really disagree with anything said here. Just honestly don’t get the freakout over removing the energy cost when 0 energy cost vs. 5 might as well be the same thing. Even now the weapon skills pretty much generate their cost during the animation.

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

It’s not the same. You need to be punished if you used energy carelessy and you need to feel that you need the legend’s power to keep doing skills (=legendswap/invocation)

in Revenant

Mournilg.4870

Maybe the solution would be to have energy cost reflect the casting time of the skill, stalling your energy gain during the weapon skill, this way, using a weapon skill delay your energy gain for something else without punishing you too hard.
I felt hammer was quite good at this because of its long casting skills, if you spam you can’t do more than before you started spamming.

in Revenant

Posted by: Chaser.2870

Chaser.2870

Just an opinion

1. generate some energy when struck (like warrior’s cleansing Ire trait)
2. using wepon skills are generate energy(not spent energy) generate amount is based its cooltime (#1 skills cannot generate energy, more cooldown, more energy generate)

(edited by Chaser.2870)

in Revenant

Griffith.7238

Just an opinion

1. generate some energy when struck (like warrior’s cleansing Ire trait)
2. using wepon skills are generate energy(not spent energy) generate amount is based its cooltime (#1 skills cannot generate energy, more cooldown, more energy generate)

I actually like this idea. If they balanced the utilities around the Rev’s weapon skills actually generating energy that way the Rev feels a lot more proactive rather then just playing the waiting game for that kitten to regenerate. I highly doubt they will do this ,but man do I like the idea.

in Revenant

Griffith.7238

Suggested solutions: Readjust effects on legends, and give some party wide boons via traits, Salvations has a lot of redundant + Healing Power that could be easily condensed in 1 or 2 traits, as I said Assassin’s Pressence is not enough justification to make Revenant a valuable asset to a party when you can do better if you pick a profession with better DPS and pary support (currently all other professions, even Ranger and Necro have acces to both better party support and damage output).

The idea of removing energy costs on heals is nice as they already have cooldowns excepting for ventari, but willing the tablet just does so little healing it’ll goe unnoticed.

Stance Changes:

Legendary Assasin
Enchanted Daggers: 1) Remove the delay on the daggers it’s not needed, damage output in revenant isn’t that great to worry about it, it’s not like your autoattack will kill a player on a full chain with the daggers, not even UA or SotM will do that given they hit with the full animation. 2) if the delay is still justified then double the base initial heal to 3200 3) make the daggers syphon life AND remove one condition per hit maximum 3 conditions.
Riposting Shadows: good skill, reduce energy cost to 25-30
Phase Traversal: Frigid Blitz gives you the option to be a gap closer at a much lower energy cost, unblockable it’s just good on PvP, I say increase energy cost to 25 and add grant pary wide fury 6s or migth 2 stacks 6s or protection 6s per enemy hit while the buff is active, a tmost you’d be able to use 2-3 skills on LAS with the higher energy cost so this skill can’t be abused.
Impossible Odds: with -10 energy upkeep you can use it for 3-5 seconds at most, it can be compared to Frenzy in Quickness uptime availability, but it’s weaker since Frenzy is also a stunbreaker and gives Might, it should either give 2 seconds of Quickness and superspeed or add an offensive damage management option: Siphon 300-400 health per hit or transfer conditions on hit like the original did.
Jade Winds: the skill is just fine as it is. If anything it just needs to work as intended

Great ideas unfortunately they got a lot more work to do then just this stuff. I actually find it funny that there are no combo finishers on the swords like sword 2 should at the least be a whirl finisher and maybe sword 1 Brutal Blade should be a projectile finisher or something. In fact a lot of the Rev’s weapons need combos assigned. Aside from this I think they need to pick between Blinds or Evades or maybe a bit of both and spread that out on some of our skills because we have like zero active mitigation. Throw all that in with the energy dilemma and they got their work cut out for them.

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

Rygg, just a question, why are you posting your review and general suggestions in this thread that is only about energy?

in Revenant

Posted by: Rygg.6237

Rygg.6237

Rygg, just a question, why are you posting your review and general suggestions in this thread that is only about energy?

Gave a second thought and I’m posting a suggestion thread myself, but I can agree with what you said, you need to make energy management easier but make it still have some mandatory tactics and planning to not make it faceroll easy and keep the legendswap/energy mechanic menaingful

(edited by Rygg.6237)

in Revenant

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

I think they need to clean the mechanics and build up from that:
1- Weapon Skills should NOT use energy. Weapon Skills should have important and very well balanced CDs.
2- Legend Skills should NOT have CDs ever. Legend Skills should have important and very well balanced energy costs.
3- Energy should recharge based on SUCESSFUL use of Weapon Skills only. The recharge should be small and slow when landing easy/fast/spammable skills, and bigger and faster when landing difficult/slow/strategic skills.
4- SUCCESSFUL use of Legend Skills should haste the swapping rate of Weapons, allowing to use the other set of Weapon Skills sooner.

IMO these 4 simple rules would allow Arena Net to better balance every skill, while giving the Revenant a truly unique playstyle, and guiding players through a more consistent and rewarding learning method to master the new profession.

Other two measures that could help:

5- Make energy slowly go back to its starting point at 50%. If you are over 50% and don’t recharge energy, it will slowly go down to 50%. If you are under 50% and don’t spend any energy, it will slowly go up until 50%. This will allow you to better disengage and re-engage, while not being unfair or disrruptive.

6a- Make Weapon Skills reward less energy with every consecutive repetition. Make Legend Skills spend more energy with every consecutive repetition. This will make “camping” on only one weapon or legend undesirable.
6b-Additionaly (or alternatively), make swapping Weapon recharge energy, and swapping Legends lower Weapon Skills CDs.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

in Revenant

Griffith.7238

I think they need to clean the mechanics and build up from that:
1- Weapon Skills should NOT use energy. Weapon Skills should have important and very well balanced CDs.
2- Legend Skills should NOT have CDs ever. Legend Skills should have important and very well balanced energy costs.
3- Energy should recharge based on SUCESSFUL use of Weapon Skills only. The recharge should be small and slow when landing easy/fast/spammable skills, and bigger and faster when landing difficult/slow/strategic skills.
4- SUCCESSFUL use of Legend Skills should haste the swapping rate of Weapons, allowing to use the other set of Weapon Skills sooner.

IMO these 4 simple rules would allow Arena Net to better balance every skill, while giving the Revenant a truly unique playstyle, and guiding players through a more consistent and rewarding learning method to master the new profession.

Other two measures that could help:

5- Make energy slowly go back to its starting point at 50%. If you are over 50% and don’t recharge energy, it will slowly go down to 50%. If you are under 50% and don’t spend any energy, it will slowly go up until 50%. This will allow you to better disengage and re-engage, while not being unfair or disrruptive.

6a- Make Weapon Skills reward less energy with every consecutive repetition. Make Legend Skills spend more energy with every consecutive repetition. This will make “camping” on only one weapon or legend undesirable.
6b-Additionaly (or alternatively), make swapping Weapon recharge energy, and swapping Legends lower Weapon Skills CDs.

Sounds good too me. I don’t know about you guys but I played a Rogue in WoW and its awfully boring having your energy have a set regen rate that is unchangeable we should definitely get more fun ways to regen our energy.

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

I like the fact that energy management is something you need to put your brain on instead of just mashing buttons. If you add energy regen on WS you basically end up spamming utility, then spam some ws, then spam utility again, then weaponswap and use some more ws cd, then spam utility again and repeat.
You get no punisment for wrong management. Just another skillspam class. no brain involved.

(edited by Kidel.2057)

in Revenant

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

If you’re saving energy to use 2 elites in a row you’re doing a lot of nothing in between and being very ineffective

Perhaps capping energy ooc at 75 and make elites cost 75 so you choose between an elite or using your other utilities while giving you something to start combat with but make legend swap reset to 50 still.

(edited by uhohhotdog.3598)

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

that’s how it’s supposed to be

in Revenant

Griffith.7238

I like the fact that energy management is something you need to put your brain on instead of just mashing buttons. If you add energy regen on WS you basically end up spamming utility, then spam some ws, then spam utility again, then weaponswap and use some more ws cd, then spam utility again and repeat.
You get no punisment for wrong management. Just another skillspam class. no brain involved.

I feel like you want something that this game just isn’t about. You keep going back to skill spam and it doesn’t make sense. What you described is literally what you already do. In the current state Rev doesn’t punish you for using weapon skills so in reality they would need to increase to weapon skill cost for you to get what you want. Right now you simply use weapon skills on cd you don’t need to worry about their energy because as many people have said they don’t really cost much energy just stall the regen of it. So in its current state you use ws and then use utilities why those weapon skills are on cd or simply swap weapons to use more ws which you don’t even really need to Legend Swap to do. This game is all about activity they wanted to create a fun action packed game where you are always on your toes. Currently the only choice is either use energy or don’t which means if you choose to latter you are just using aa or doing nothing or simply forcing a Legend Swap when it isn’t needed. None of these are good mechanics that remotely fit in to the fast paced combat style gw2 has. Not sure what else to say you just keep crying about skill spam I guess you just want to use 1 skill per 10 sec or something?

in Revenant

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

Simplest solution isn’t necessary the best solution, I still propose lowering cost on essential skills. but here is one when you think outside the box:
Reduce legend swap CD from 10 seconds to 5 seconds

Couple of benefits from this change:

• Reduce chance of energy depletion even under the current energy costs. Given that each swap gives you energy at 50%.
  • Prevent spamming utility skills as you can still deplete energy in each legend, thus impede your attack flow. You still won’t be able to spam weapon skill due to CD.
  • Promote legend swap and inter-legend combo.
  • Less likely to suffer adverse effect due to legend specialties etc. So you’re less likely to die from condition in while you’re waiting 10s in Shiro; or you can swap to stun break legend much faster while in Ventari or Mallyx. You can still suffer if you swap carelessly, but it won’t immediately means a death sentence.
  • Extremely high fury uptime as a reward if you swap constantly at the expense of changing skills and upkeeps. Also beneficial if you like to stay in particular legend due to low CD, thus promoting both styles.
  • Cleansing channel will finally be useful in keeping revenant alive from conditions. It’ll be good but not OP, just like warrior’s brawler recovery with fast-hands. Revenant can still die of condition if condi bursted or piled enough condi, but at least players won’t die of minimal condi pressures.
  • Traits that effects when invoking a legend can finally be more appealing to choose compare to their competitors.

Ofc some balancing needs to be addressed:

• Add 10s CD to empty vessel (stun break when swap legend), which may seem intimidating at first but given you can swap to stun break legend much more easily every 5s it’s not that horrible.
  • Perhaps slightly more CD for low CD weapon skills.

in Revenant

Posted by: process execution.8014

process execution.8014

I still think we need an energy generation skill on each of the weapons. Maybe on the #5s. This would of course depend on CDs still being in place.

I agree that skill-based energy gain is the most complete solution, and probably the easiest for ANet to tune as time goes on. Conceptually, it should be fine for all revenant skills to cost both energy and time to varying degrees; it was the basis of GW1. What baffles me is that ANet chose to draw from their own legacy but only used half of it!

The push/pull of energy management only works if there are ways to replenish it as well as spend it. Only using a fixed regen rate effectively turns energy into a second time-based resource which feels awkward. Resetting energy on legend-swap is nice in that it means there’s always options, but it’s a bit of a false choice if the legend is not relevant to the current situation.

Ideally, energy gain should be available in all builds, but as a skill-based effect and not a passive proc (which would end up reducing to time again). E.g.:

• Phase Smash – Gain 6 Energy for each disabled foe struck.
  • Debilitating Slam – Gain 4 Energy for each foe struck.
  • Unrelenting Assault – When striking a foe, gain 1 Energy for each stack of Vulnerability on them.
  • Echoing Eruption – Gain 1 Energy for each unique condition on foes struck.

Additionally, traits could also be used (active use only!) to provide cross-build methods of gaining energy. Where they go is a secondary concern (as long as specific specialisations aren’t favoured), so couple of basic ideas could be:

• Gain 10 Energy when you interrupt a foe.
  • Gain 20 Energy when you successfully remove a boon from a foe.
  • Gain 5 Energy when you block or evade an attack.
  • Gain 2 Energy for each condition you remove from an ally.
  • Double your current Energy when swapping legends (perhaps instead of the existing reset mechanic).

This would create vastly more depth to the revenant playstyle than arbitrary legend swapping or autoattack spam solutions, and would be both more enjoyable and more rewarding when used skillfully.

why waste hours doing something that you get nothing for? Enjoyment? I’d rather run fractals.

in Revenant

Mournilg.4870

I did propose something similar in another thread with Griffith, talking about a more pro-active energy generation on weapons skills hit depending on the difficulty to land it.
Conditionnal energy gain are a good idea too.
I just wait for Kidel to come and say “omg! stop asking for nerf!”

Anyway, Roy already did some significant changes it seems, and i don’t think energy active generation is going to be a thing considering he said he wants the Rev to feel the power of the legend he invoke. The power comes from the legend, not from the energy we build ourselves.

in Revenant

Griffith.7238

I agree that skill-based energy gain is the most complete solution, and probably the easiest for ANet to tune as time goes on. Conceptually, it should be fine for all revenant skills to cost both energy and time to varying degrees; it was the basis of GW1. What baffles me is that ANet chose to draw from their own legacy but only used half of it!

The push/pull of energy management only works if there are ways to replenish it as well as spend it. Only using a fixed regen rate effectively turns energy into a second time-based resource which feels awkward. Resetting energy on legend-swap is nice in that it means there’s always options, but it’s a bit of a false choice if the legend is not relevant to the current situation.

Ideally, energy gain should be available in all builds, but as a skill-based effect and not a passive proc (which would end up reducing to time again). E.g.:

• Phase Smash – Gain 6 Energy for each disabled foe struck.
  • Debilitating Slam – Gain 4 Energy for each foe struck.
  • Unrelenting Assault – When striking a foe, gain 1 Energy for each stack of Vulnerability on them.
  • Echoing Eruption – Gain 1 Energy for each unique condition on foes struck.

Additionally, traits could also be used (active use only!) to provide cross-build methods of gaining energy. Where they go is a secondary concern (as long as specific specialisations aren’t favoured), so couple of basic ideas could be:

• Gain 10 Energy when you interrupt a foe.
  • Gain 20 Energy when you successfully remove a boon from a foe.
  • Gain 5 Energy when you block or evade an attack.
  • Gain 2 Energy for each condition you remove from an ally.
  • Double your current Energy when swapping legends (perhaps instead of the existing reset mechanic).

This would create vastly more depth to the revenant playstyle than arbitrary legend swapping or autoattack spam solutions, and would be both more enjoyable and more rewarding when used skillfully.

It’s quite refreshing to see someone else on these forums on the same page as me. I couldn’t of said this better myself. Please Roy go with this model it would really take the class to the next level.

in Revenant

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

“Unrelenting Assault – When striking a foe, gain 1 Energy for each stack of Vulnerability on them.”

Sounds extremely OP. What about pve? On a boss? Or even in pvp when teammates also have vuln stacked on that target? That would be a crapload of energy. 7 hits x 25 stacks = instant fill up.

in Revenant

Mournilg.4870

Would better to have gain 5 energy for each successfull strike, means 7*5 = 30 energy if all hits connects. 30 is less than 1/3 of your energy bar and you already used 15 energy for the skill itself

in Revenant

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

“Unrelenting Assault – When striking a foe, gain 1 Energy for each stack of Vulnerability on them.”

Sounds extremely OP. What about pve? On a boss? Or even in pvp when teammates also have vuln stacked on that target? That would be a crapload of energy. 7 hits x 25 stacks = instant fill up.

Needs a cap for that suggestion (10 per skill use?)

in Revenant

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

Needs a cap for that suggestion (10 per skill use?)

Rather flat amount per strike :P

in Revenant

process execution.8014

Would better to have gain 5 energy for each successfull strike, means 7*5 = 30 energy if all hits connects. 30 is less than 1/3 of your energy bar and you already used 15 energy for the skill itself

The problem with this is that there is very little counterplay. It simply becomes “spam 3 on cooldown to gain 15 Energy”, effectively reducing to a flat regen rate buff.

Don’t miss the forest for the trees though. I spent about 10 minutes “designing” those ideas and the numbers are the easiest thing to change. My intent is to promote active, skill-based play. So, instead of nerfing my original suggestion by replacing it with a flat amount of energy per hit, I’d suggest nerfing it by granting 1 Energy per 3 stacks of Vuln. Again, the numbers are secondary; the key point is to offer a skill ceiling and provide counterplay through (in this case) management of the Vulnerability condition.

why waste hours doing something that you get nothing for? Enjoyment? I’d rather run fractals.

in Revenant

Mournilg.4870

The problem with this is that there is very little counterplay. It simply becomes “spam 3 on cooldown to gain 15 Energy”, effectively reducing to a flat regen rate buff.

I understant what you mean, but when i mean connect, it means any blinded/evaded/blocked/dodgerolled hit would not give anything.
Don’t forget the entire skill can be evaded if the first animation tell is evaded and as of now can even be interrupted completely meaning 15 energy burned for nothing.

in Revenant

skowcia.8257

“New” proposed mechanic here is basically life force.

obey me

(edited by skowcia.8257)

in Revenant

Mournilg.4870

“New” proposed mechanic is here basically life force.

Well you can also call it adrenaline too, it’s a bar you need to fill so you can use a skill, though Necros don’t have to use some to fuel their weapon skills, and warriors one fill also with AA and hits on them.
The new system isn’t the bar, it is how we interact with it.

in Revenant

process execution.8014

True, except for all the parts where it’s not. But I suppose you prefer the existing mechanic that’s basically initiative.

in Revenant

Posted by: makagoto.1204

makagoto.1204

revenant is the only profession that has no reduced cd traits. I thought invocation would be the perfect line for such a trait or some sort of energy mangement enhancement, those traits would become mandatory but you still lose a trait point on them. They don’t have to be some big numbers but give us some options.

in Revenant

skowcia.8257

True, except for all the parts where it’s not. But I suppose you prefer the existing mechanic that’s basically initiative.

Yep, i prefer current system. I dont had many troubles building up energy on power spec as those utility skills and doesnt really increase our dps by that much. Where i had problems was Mallyx vs condi spec. Mallyx is good and at same time poor as his olny reliable “long” access to resistance he got is pain absord.. if you dont want to melt you have to keep up energy just for this skill espesially against necro/mes with boonstrip. Kinda bad if you ask me..

obey me

in Revenant

Mournilg.4870

Yep, i prefer current system. I dont had many troubles building up energy on power spec as those utility skills and doesnt really increase our dps by that much. Where i had problems was Mallyx vs condi spec. Mallyx is good and at same time poor as his olny reliable “long” access to resistance he got is pain absord.. if you dont want to melt you have to keep up energy just for this skill espesially against necro/mes with boonstrip. Kinda bad if you ask me..

I have a discussion on another thread just about that, but people saying that right now Mallyx is too good at maintaining resistance because of Demonic Defiance.

in Revenant

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

I like the fact that energy management is something you need to put your brain on instead of just mashing buttons.

How does energy in it’s current form require a brain to use?

in Revenant

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

I dont had many troubles building up energy

How did you build up energy? Is there some skill or trait that helps? Because as far as I can tell, you simply auto attack and wait for energy… It’s not a very complex system is it?

in Revenant

skowcia.8257

How did you build up energy? Is there some skill or trait that helps? Because as far as I can tell, you simply auto attack and wait for energy… It’s not a very complex system is it?

By not using situation utility skills maybe? It has nothing to do with wep skills as you can still use them.. as long you dont spam utility skills youll be fine.

obey me

in Revenant

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

By not using situation utility skills maybe? It has nothing to do with wep skills as you can still use them.. as long you dont spam utility skills youll be fine.

and that works in SPVP? Really now?