Small suggestions for Rev core class

in Revenant

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

Thanks for the suggestions. Anyone else have any alternate proposals for Momentary Pacification?

when using elite skills foes are daze for 3 sec (dont know why 2.5 sec) and for every foe interrupt you gain 20% energy
this can put the rev on faster sustain or offense mode as elite costs 35-50% energy

in Revenant

Posted by: Jack Skywalker.5674

Jack Skywalker.5674

Well I am happy to see that loads of ideas has been discused on this thread since my break from GW2 to try out Grindframe and I would now like to pitch in.

Varezenem.2813, mate while I respect your understanding of the Legendary Centaur stance,there is this one thing I need to say to you….being a backline healer with just melee weapons feels counter intuitive as f@ck! Yeah I know that as revenants we don’t have many ranged weapons and some skills on hammer were bugged when I left for Grindframe (Warframe), but compared to smth like staff elementalist or auramancer.

Josh Davis ,Associate Global Brand Manager, I lived in various cavse called wow private servers and Rift the mmorpg, and haven’t heard much about GW2 after you launched HoT. Now 8 months after you launched HoT, I have to ask…now because I’ve built the courage….considering the fact you had Guardians to play the role of the battle mage focused on defensive magic – the guy who in theory based on his archtype should be the frontline healer…why did we get awesome support kits, which better than some of the stuff the Guardians have (compare Legendary Dragon Stance to Guardian’s staff)?

I am greatfull for Legendary Centaur and to some extent Dragon stance (it’s not my fav, to be honest) but shouldn’t Revenant be the battle mage with heavy armor focused on offensive magic?

in Revenant

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

Thanks for the suggestions. Anyone else have any alternate proposals for Momentary Pacification?

when using elite skills foes are daze for 3 sec (dont know why 2.5 sec) and for every foe interrupt you gain 20% energy
this can put the rev on faster sustain or offense mode as elite costs 35-50% energy

Energy generation isn’t a choice.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

Well I am happy to see that loads of ideas has been discused on this thread since my break from GW2 to try out Grindframe and I would now like to pitch in.

Varezenem.2813, mate while I respect your understanding of the Legendary Centaur stance,there is this one thing I need to say to you….being a backline healer with just melee weapons feels counter intuitive as f@ck! Yeah I know that as revenants we don’t have many ranged weapons and some skills on hammer were bugged when I left for Grindframe (Warframe), but compared to smth like staff elementalist or auramancer.

Josh Davis ,Associate Global Brand Manager, I lived in various cavse called wow private servers and Rift the mmorpg, and haven’t heard much about GW2 after you launched HoT. Now 8 months after you launched HoT, I have to ask…now because I’ve built the courage….considering the fact you had Guardians to play the role of the battle mage focused on defensive magic – the guy who in theory based on his archtype should be the frontline healer…why did we get awesome support kits, which better than some of the stuff the Guardians have (compare Legendary Dragon Stance to Guardian’s staff)?

I am greatfull for Legendary Centaur and to some extent Dragon stance (it’s not my fav, to be honest) but shouldn’t Revenant be the battle mage with heavy armor focused on offensive magic?

It may not be intuitive but it is how it works. If you want to use Ventari on frontline support you should request Jalis buffs mostly. (Jalis/Ventari could fulfill that role)

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

messiah.1908

why is that

thief got initiative regen
mesmer alacrity and cs
ele recharge on air when crit
guard with elite skill

why cant rev? its only 1 skill which sit in salvation trait line

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

why is that

mesmer alacrity and cs
guard with elite skill

Have you seen a thief without trickery? That is the reason.

They would rather adjust baseline cost.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

messiah.1908

why is that

mesmer alacrity and cs
guard with elite skill

ok same reslot. if we had less energy spend i dont care. but less energy cost is all the board while energy gain from using trait is minor buff compare

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

why is that

mesmer alacrity and cs
guard with elite skill

ok same reslot. if we had less energy spend i dont care. but less energy cost is all the board while energy gain from using trait is minor buff compare

A required trait nonetheless. That’s why they go for baseline changes.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Jack Skywalker.5674

It may not be intuitive but it is how it works. If you want to use Ventari on frontline support you should request Jalis buffs mostly. (Jalis/Ventari could fulfill that role)

I’d preffer they fix hammer….I like Ventari + Hammer for backrow. For front row I would use mace + shield, because shield is somewhat intuitive for playing at backrow (my experience with rev shield is very small). In the absence of scepter or range dagger or any sort of 1 handed ranged weapon mace is allright for a support setup,even in backline…just buff your fellow backrow coleagues with mace 2 & 3, then use shield 4 to top of front row and resume to hammer/tablet action.

Also I don’t give a kitten about how things are….I care more about how the devs change things and giving my 2 pence on what changes need to be done.

in Revenant

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

i dont think the amount of healing is the problem. on paper the ventary has good healing burst abilities which all are aoe

ventary will should be 240 r and not 120. i notice in team fight ppl move dodging evade so to use it right 120 is just too small radios to be effective healing skill (maybe its good in wvw)

rev need 1 more break stun so maybe with protective solace give it longer cd and also make it water field and when you finish it (diminish sloace) it will be blast finisher

i always had trouble even in 1v1 against high cc enemy like engi thief and warrior (direct dmg not condi)
also vengeful hammers should have better dmg and healing with break stun as well

also i dont like fragments as its only in as bunker 1v1 not as healer. but this is me

Run proper traits remove Soothing bastion and get Enhanced Bulwark.
Not that it would be a bad idea giving Ventari a stun break on PE. What you are doing to PS is a no-no though.
If you want to run Ventari for support stop trying to frontline, it’s more efficient to heal others than yourself. Also take some outgoing healing traits, runes and sigils.
Another note don’t use hammer you give up too much support and sustain for a negligible damage. (This part you did correctly in your build)

care to explain your ideas?
with dwarf you got stability just need to time it right. so even with EH it can be rip off with necro or thief leaving you vulnerable to cc without much break stun

PS is nice idea for healing on point . as rev not always need to be on range. if so he will be targeted and going down fast with no escape means. so to be bunkery is sometimes needed

If you analyze the skills properly you’ll notice that the skills that heal and sustain yourself well are different from those that sustain others well and they are mutually exclusive because of energy limitations.
Therefore avoid having to sustain yourself in the first place and spend most of your energy on supporting others. Having large access to outgoing healing also favors this tactic.

That does not mean that you should never bunker or get close to your opponents to pressure them it’s just that you have to know when to do so.

Also Soothing bastion is terrible, it’s an autoproc that roots you therefore making you more vulnerable against competent opponents, it also interrupts your actions be it whatever you might have wanted to do. It’s usually used by newcomers that can’t use the available defenses properly and it only works in low tier matches.

The extra stability stack is far more useful in pretty much any case.

BTW if you look at the original interviews this is even the way they intended Ventari to work but it only started working because of the last set of buffs. The reward for it still isn’t enough but it’s usable.

My request for buffs is because I know that this tactic can be countered once other players are aware of it and right now you can only outperform auramancers slightly while in that ideal state. Therefore you need to either increase the time you are able to stay in that ideal state or increase the reward for being in that state.

Also everything I said applies specifically if you intend to use Ventari to replace an auramancer in support. There is a bunker/decap build that was made by Rym this season and that obviously plays very differently, don’t expect to keep anyone else alive though.

but favor healing others over self sustain will result in you being focused by thief and getting killed in 5 sec thus you must mixed them. no one will let you heal freely from range once they see your tablet out.

i know the SB cancel your actions thus i know when it gonna procs so using it twice yield me 10k healing . only problem is shadow sot from a thief which is unblockable.

No thief can burst you down alone… If you play correctly. Also facetanking thief AA is a no-no try to kite them after all tablet usage doesn’t interfere with your mobility…
And I never said that you would permanently be able to keep this condition I specifically said that you won’t. Your job is to maximize the time you are able to stay in that ideal state through smart positioning. Also there is a dodge button, use it.

How the hell are you kiting a remotely competent thief lol.

Their mobility is far superior to yours and they got enough evades for days to avoid all your highly telegraphed CC besides staff 5.

If they somehow flub an evade they got the best stun breaker in the game which is 2 stunbreaks in one and a double port on top of condi cleanse in a single utility.

The vast majority of a thief’s damage on staff comes from an autoattack, bounding dodge happens 6 times if they choose that, and then there’s one Vault per 5 seconds of initiative regen.

Vault, steal, bounding dodge, shadowstep. No one’s better at chasing than a thief, and nothing keeps you safer from a thief than being part of a frontline.

But then again, they could give revenants a Legendary Scrapper Stance so they could do something about daredevils ever since revenant has gottent nerfed over and over into irrelevance.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

i dont think the amount of healing is the problem. on paper the ventary has good healing burst abilities which all are aoe

ventary will should be 240 r and not 120. i notice in team fight ppl move dodging evade so to use it right 120 is just too small radios to be effective healing skill (maybe its good in wvw)

rev need 1 more break stun so maybe with protective solace give it longer cd and also make it water field and when you finish it (diminish sloace) it will be blast finisher

i always had trouble even in 1v1 against high cc enemy like engi thief and warrior (direct dmg not condi)
also vengeful hammers should have better dmg and healing with break stun as well

also i dont like fragments as its only in as bunker 1v1 not as healer. but this is me

Run proper traits remove Soothing bastion and get Enhanced Bulwark.
Not that it would be a bad idea giving Ventari a stun break on PE. What you are doing to PS is a no-no though.
If you want to run Ventari for support stop trying to frontline, it’s more efficient to heal others than yourself. Also take some outgoing healing traits, runes and sigils.
Another note don’t use hammer you give up too much support and sustain for a negligible damage. (This part you did correctly in your build)

care to explain your ideas?
with dwarf you got stability just need to time it right. so even with EH it can be rip off with necro or thief leaving you vulnerable to cc without much break stun

PS is nice idea for healing on point . as rev not always need to be on range. if so he will be targeted and going down fast with no escape means. so to be bunkery is sometimes needed

If you analyze the skills properly you’ll notice that the skills that heal and sustain yourself well are different from those that sustain others well and they are mutually exclusive because of energy limitations.
Therefore avoid having to sustain yourself in the first place and spend most of your energy on supporting others. Having large access to outgoing healing also favors this tactic.

That does not mean that you should never bunker or get close to your opponents to pressure them it’s just that you have to know when to do so.

Also Soothing bastion is terrible, it’s an autoproc that roots you therefore making you more vulnerable against competent opponents, it also interrupts your actions be it whatever you might have wanted to do. It’s usually used by newcomers that can’t use the available defenses properly and it only works in low tier matches.

The extra stability stack is far more useful in pretty much any case.

BTW if you look at the original interviews this is even the way they intended Ventari to work but it only started working because of the last set of buffs. The reward for it still isn’t enough but it’s usable.

My request for buffs is because I know that this tactic can be countered once other players are aware of it and right now you can only outperform auramancers slightly while in that ideal state. Therefore you need to either increase the time you are able to stay in that ideal state or increase the reward for being in that state.

Also everything I said applies specifically if you intend to use Ventari to replace an auramancer in support. There is a bunker/decap build that was made by Rym this season and that obviously plays very differently, don’t expect to keep anyone else alive though.

but favor healing others over self sustain will result in you being focused by thief and getting killed in 5 sec thus you must mixed them. no one will let you heal freely from range once they see your tablet out.

i know the SB cancel your actions thus i know when it gonna procs so using it twice yield me 10k healing . only problem is shadow sot from a thief which is unblockable.

No thief can burst you down alone… If you play correctly. Also facetanking thief AA is a no-no try to kite them after all tablet usage doesn’t interfere with your mobility…
And I never said that you would permanently be able to keep this condition I specifically said that you won’t. Your job is to maximize the time you are able to stay in that ideal state through smart positioning. Also there is a dodge button, use it.

How the hell are you kiting a remotely competent thief lol.

Their mobility is far superior to yours and they got enough evades for days to avoid all your highly telegraphed CC besides staff 5.

If they somehow flub an evade they got the best stun breaker in the game which is 2 stunbreaks in one and a double port on top of condi cleanse in a single utility.

The vast majority of a thief’s damage on staff comes from an autoattack, bounding dodge happens 6 times if they choose that, and then there’s one Vault per 5 seconds of initiative regen.

Vault, steal, bounding dodge, shadowstep. No one’s better at chasing than a thief, and nothing keeps you safer from a thief than being part of a frontline.

But then again, they could give revenants a Legendary Scrapper Stance so they could do something about daredevils ever since revenant has gottent nerfed over and over into irrelevance.

I’m pretty sure meta thief is d/p.
Staff is easier to counter than d/p though, out of the teamfight spam. Vault has a fairly large tell and the evade doesn’t work on the second part (so if you time it right you can staff 5 them during vault). On another note beyond evades/block from staff and s/sh you also have a pretty great endurance generation.
If you want to talk about team fights though there is such a concept as teammates. If you are heaving problems surviving a thief walk into friendly AoE or request your teammates to focus him.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

(edited by Varezenem.2813)

in Revenant

Zenith.7301

Staff daredevil counters d/p thief pretty handily so many choose to run that option even if it’s less strong against other match ups, since WvW is virtually flooded with daredevils as roamers given their virtual immortality if they have a clue (not immortality in a duel, just the ability to permanently reset if things don’t go as they want until they run you out of cd’s).

Scrappers can give daredevils a good trouncing, as they do to pretty much everyone but scrappers seem to be far more rare as engineers are not that popular a class.

Staff thief also has the advantage of offering far better cleave/aoe damage than the d/p variant, which helps on downed targets among other things.

And then there’s the fact a good d/p thief is a rare sight as the weaponset requires far more than braindead staff for similar results.

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

Staff daredevil counters d/p thief pretty handily so many choose to run that option even if it’s less strong against other match ups, since WvW is virtually flooded with daredevils as roamers given their virtual immortality if they have a clue (not immortality in a duel, just the ability to permanently reset if things don’t go as they want until they run you out of cd’s).

Scrappers can give daredevils a good trouncing, as they do to pretty much everyone but scrappers seem to be far more rare as engineers are not that popular a class.

Staff thief also has the advantage of offering far better cleave/aoe damage than the d/p variant, which helps on downed targets among other things.

And then there’s the fact a good d/p thief is a rare sight as the weaponset requires far more than braindead staff for similar results.

Why are you bringing up WvW up in a discussion about conquest?

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Zenith.7301

Because if we are talking about frontlines and positioning, it’s likely it’s about WvW? How often in spvp are you having fights where there’s more than 2-3 people?

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

Because if we are talking about frontlines and positioning, it’s likely it’s about WvW? How often in spvp are you having fights where there’s more than 2-3 people?

In what kind of fights do you think you’ll find a well played auramancer? And where do necromancers position themselves?
There is a frontline in SPvP be it obvious or not, all you need is another ally to have one.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Uhhhh…. D/P Thief is faceroll easy and just as braindead as staff. What are you talking about!?

In what kind of fights do you think you’ll find a well played auramancer? And where do necromancers position themselves?
There is a frontline in SPvP be it obvious or not, all you need is another ally to have one.

No, frontline/backline talk general refers to WvW and zerg play not PvP. Stating that you have another ally with us as a Frontline is just grasping for straws.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Revenant

Zenith.7301

Uhhhh…. D/P Thief is faceroll easy and just as braindead as staff. What are you talking about!?

No, frontline/backline talk general refers to WvW and zerg play not PvP. Stating that you have another ally with us as a Frontline is just grasping for straws.

D/P requires the extra effort of not kittening up your BP>HS and actually landing backstab, a timed positional on moving targets.

It takes a fair bit more effort (by thief standards, which is little of course) than braindead staff autoattack spam whose staff twirl not only reflects projectiles but hits essentially as hard as UA without resource cost UA.

Thief autoattacks are stupid OP and it boggles my mind that in a setting where classes have such atrocious autoattack DPS inequality, they buff thief autoattacks out of all things.

I mean, it’s actually a DPS loss to use Vault on a staff thief over just Bounding Dodge every 5 seconds and autoattack. That’s CRAZY, a godkitten 5 initiative point spender should not be getting outDPS’d by a free autoattack that also reflects projectiles.

But the same applies to UA which they nerfed to the ground and is now DPS neutral to autoattacks on top of having a resource cost and cd.

You’d think it would be basic game design that free, spammable skills should not be hitting harder than skills with cooldowns and resource costs. These devs are clueless.

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

Is GW2 your first RPG?
Frontline and backline in MMO and JRPG is fairly well defined saying that it only applies to WvW is a bit sad…

On the Guild wars wiki there is a short explanation on it.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

(edited by Varezenem.2813)

in Revenant

Jack Skywalker.5674

If it’s a premade and the puggies roam like idiots then both Varezenem and Lonewolf Kai are right. If it’s general sPvP, then I think Varezenem is right because there are builds in sPvP where you are as good as dead if you don’t have any straw to grasp for, like Fresh Air tempest (the one with scepter) or Druid Shoutbow.

I would like to add however that as a someone who jumps in matches with random blokes in sPvP you can never trust your team mates to position themselfes right (from your perspective)…that’s why most people either go with front row builds and a ranged wep on the side or some hybrid bs….it’s not sad it’s the truth…this is a game where positioning matters to a certain extend….but most solo gamers would rather see that positioning is made reduntant because they play with randoms more so than they do with their friends.

(edited by Jack Skywalker.5674)

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Is GW2 your first RPG?
Frontline and backline in MMO and JRPG is fairly well defined saying that it only applies to WvW is a bit sad…

On the Guild wars wiki there is a short explanation on it.

Wow, no need to get ugly about it m8. And, no, this isn’t my first RPG or even my first MMORPG.

Look, if you’re that overly sensitive about it, then you can have your frontline/backline for SPVP….

/em Eyeroll

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Revenant

Jack Skywalker.5674

Hey,wanted to show off these proposals for improving Jallis and Coruption trait line.

For the Legendary Dwarf Stance:

Inspiring Reinforncement, would be changed to a shout type skill, would no longer deal damage and apply a combo field, but instead provide retaliation to the caster and allies in adition to stability, while enemies would be afflicted with both taunt and weakness. The values of these conditions and boons would of course be adjusted to fit a shout skill.

Forced Engagement: will be made a skill shot. It will deal damage and provide a slow,but instead of taunting the target it will pull it towards the caster. Would make this count as an interupt.

Vengefull Hammers: would remove the healing effect and the unblockable effect,then set it’s cost to -5.

Rite of the Great Dwarf: You and nearby allies gain 1 stack of stability, 50% direct damage and condition damage reduction. Cast time would be reduced to 1 and would drain -10 and not have an energy cost to cast and stun break on cast.

To match the changes to Rite of the Great Dwarf, Versed in Stone would be changed to: Elite skills apply Stability to you and nearby allies. Range 180.

My reasoning for these changes were the following:
1)Loads of people complained about the “Lighting Road” being too small for group play, very little use outside of securing finishing blows in pvp and increasing movement speed with Inspiring Road + combo field blast from mace or hammer during leveling.

2) If Anet isn’t going to fix the colision thing than they might as well spare us the useless healing effect and the penalty on energy regen. The removal of unblockable was to better justify reducing the enrgy cost.

3) Too Pve Centric, made it decent in both PvP and Pve, also compensates for lack of options when dealing with ranged opponents.

4) I made it so that this ult was worth having a high cost of some form….I mean come on perpetual stun breaks and Rite of Great Dwarf buff + the further reductions from the current Versed in Stone…this is totaly worth the costings.

For Coruption.

1)Rampant Vex and Demonic Defiance would swap places on the trait line.
2)Venom Enchantment and Opportune Extraction would swap places on the trait line.
3) Will refrain from commenting on Pulsating Pestilence as there is a thread monitored by Anet for creating a better trait – because Pulsating Pestilence does not do what is advertised on the tooltip.

Reasoning: when it comes to handling conditions Malyx is the jack of all trades stance, it removes, applies and converts conditions at the same time and it barely gets it right. With the changes I proposed I aim to limit the boon removal aspect of Legendary Demon Stance in order to consolidate condition application , defence vs enemy condition dealers and make the trait line more flexible for players (flexibility here means:consolidate ability to apply conditions,consolidate ability to counter condis or ignore anything condi related and go for boon removal). Not much space to improve this until autumn when we see with what trait Anet will replace Pulsating Pestilence.

in Revenant

Posted by: Arkantos.7460

Arkantos.7460

PLz add condiclear to base line

CLEANSING CHANNEL- invoking a legend removes 6 conditions

BECAUSE why can warrior cleanse with elite hit and weaponswap on5sec cd …. ok Increase the rev cleanse to 8 conditons by legendswap to compensate that

Also let HEALPOWER count on life siphon …. THIS TOOO

AND the hammers on Vengeful hammers should not dissapers by contact with walls or terran highs …. this is so disgusting

Good Thiefs are average,
Skilled Thiefs are dangerous

(edited by Arkantos.7460)

in Revenant

Jack Skywalker.5674

BECAUSE why can warrior cleanse with elite hit and weaponswap on5sec cd …. ok Increase the rev cleanse to 8 conditons by legendswap to compensate that

AND the hammers on Vengeful hammers should not dissapers by contact with walls or terran highs …. this is so disgusting

I love it when people can’t be asked to read at least one post before spouting off whatever they feel like. + I love how the guy made recomendations everyone knows will never get implemented.

in Revenant

Posted by: Arkantos.7460

Arkantos.7460

I love it when people can’t be asked to read at least one post before spouting off whatever they feel like. + I love how the guy made recomendations everyone knows will never get implemented.

omg lil skywalker is not amuesed when ppl doesnt read all your wall of text …. calm down lil kid… get a girl friend … or a boyfriend … get a life at the end
but if you think your recomendations gets true because of 1 devs answer you will be highly frustrated of near future XD so cya kiddo

Good Thiefs are average,
Skilled Thiefs are dangerous

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

omg lil skywalker is not amuesed when ppl doesnt read all your wall of text …. calm down lil kid… get a girl friend … or a boyfriend … get a life at the end
but if you think your recomendations gets true because of 1 devs answer you will be highly frustrated of near future XD so cya kiddo

Nah suggestions while unlikely to be implemented give devs a new perspective to look at
As an example of suggestions given that were implemented on revenant (post-beta) there is Ventaris will as a insta cast.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Zenith.7301

Please add some stunbreaks into all legends like Shiro. Hell, we could use a source of stability that’s more than 1 stack per dodge.

Playing WvW I can barely keep control of my character in a frontline.

It’s crazy Mallyx doesn’t have a single one.

And the energy costs on our legend utilities need to go way down.

We simply do not have enough active energy regen outside swapping legends to use more than 1-2 utilities per swap, it’s terrible.

Shiro right now is unusable. I use a single utility and I’m basically stuck autoattacking with the occassional energy for #2.

Staff is also a huge energy hog offender. Not only is the healing from the auto miserable at like 150 health per orb (for a low damage auto), but staff 2 has a cost to activate the first part and then an even larger cost for the chain (which is a conditional, so it shouldn’t even require extra energy).

Everything about the revenant staff is just getting you energy starved.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

This is just….

Attachments:

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

Posted by: Bovan.9481

Bovan.9481

This is just….

If you think that’s funny, look at that terrible rework list with dumb suggestions that’s floating around on the forums here.

Bovan Ironwrench – Bovan Sundermist
Immortal Kingdom [KING]

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

This is just….

If you think that’s funny, look at that terrible rework list with dumb suggestions that’s floating around on the forums here.

Oh interesing. Whats so dumb in my list? Please point out.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

Posted by: guildabd.6529

guildabd.6529

Merge Nourishing Roots with Tranquil Balance.

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

@Rym for me Momentary Pacification made sense because Salvation and Ventari are based around a defensive play style, that’s why I recommended that the effect of Momentary pacification varries for each legend, given the ones who already have CC on elite create a water combo field instead….while I like that Unwavering Mercy trait, I feel it would make Heralds very close to OP due to the amount of skills with Upkeep it has available compared to core class legends (ventari hilariously enough benefits the least with only 1 upkeep skill). Maybe make it a flat bonus while under the effect of Regeneration.

You don’t hold upkeeps for long in Glint in PvP. It’s inefficient and costs too much, you mostly use flipover skills. This trait could change this gameplay, promoting upkeeping skills for longer and add defensive dynamic to it, more decision-making. Number of upkeeps you have doesn’t really matter here – it’s the total Energy degeneration that counts. Ventari might have one upkeep, but it’s worth as much as three or four in Glint.

I like traits that change the way existing mechanics/skills are being used instead of simply making stuff more powerful.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

in Revenant

Jack Skywalker.5674

@Rym for me Momentary Pacification made sense because Salvation and Ventari are based around a defensive play style, that’s why I recommended that the effect of Momentary pacification varries for each legend, given the ones who already have CC on elite create a water combo field instead….while I like that Unwavering Mercy trait, I feel it would make Heralds very close to OP due to the amount of skills with Upkeep it has available compared to core class legends (ventari hilariously enough benefits the least with only 1 upkeep skill). Maybe make it a flat bonus while under the effect of Regeneration.

You don’t hold upkeeps for long in Glint in PvP. It’s inefficient and costs too much, you mostly use flipover skills. This trait could change this gameplay, promoting upkeeping skills for longer and add defensive dynamic to it, more decision-making. Number of upkeeps you have doesn’t really matter here – it’s the total Energy degeneration that counts. Ventari might have one upkeep, but it’s worth as much as three or four in Glint.

I like traits that change the way existing mechanics/skills are being used instead of simply making stuff more powerful.

I know runing upkeeps for long is bad for pvp because you need the energy regen….what I meant by my comment was that Glint has access to loads of cheap upkeep skills compared to other legends who have expensive upkeep (value greater than 6) and that your talent would further consolidate Glint as a mandatory stance to have for pvp meta…which is something I don’t like.

I see things like this basicaly: Glint can maintain your trait longer than any other legend because it can control it’s energy consumption via its cheap upkeep skills, whereas all other legends are like…you either kitten up your ability to regenerate energy for that stun resistance or you don’t, while Glint can have both energy regen and defense vs stuns.