Thanks for destroying the revenants

in Revenant

Posted by: KamiKaZe.8173

KamiKaZe.8173

You take a lot from the revenants and gives us nothing, it is a very hard profession to master and what you do? make it even harder and unbalanced putting the revenants – heralds at the bottom of the ladder the least effective profession now.

Thank you for destroying the revenants profession aka thanks for nothing Arena Net

Attachments:

in Revenant

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

As someone who’s just made a revenant and is learning to play it, I have to ask….. can you shed some light on what exactly you don’t like about it? You don’t offer any details in your post.

in Revenant

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Nobody likes it when their OP character’s profession gets adjusted to be not so OP.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Nobody likes it when their OP character’s profession gets adjusted to be not so OP.

Adjusted? K np. Destroyed to trash level? Please..

Lets also not mention tons of bugs that plagues this toon+even more unviable stuff..
Ventari? Jalis? Etc.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

Posted by: Cameron.6450

Cameron.6450

it is a very hard profession to master

Aaaaaand that’s where I stopped reading. The best pve rotation for revenant was literally to just use sword auto, and nothing else. Revenant was bullkitten easy to play, and I say that as someone who has essentially mained revenant since HoT launch.

Tomeslave and others – [RISE], [xDDD]

in Revenant

Posted by: Kattenpootjes.4291

Kattenpootjes.4291

Yeah I’m pretty salty about this, but I’m glad they did this before I bothered making ascended armour for it, now I don’t have to bother anymore and just leave my rev to collect dust….

in Revenant

Posted by: Senario.2038

Senario.2038

They balance around PvP, Rev barely needed any touch ups in PvE at most just move some damage from the autoattack to sword 3 or 2. WvW coalescence of Ruin was the only outlier.

I don’t think anybody cares if something is strong in pve, raids or not. What they care about is getting a nerf because something is strong in a game mode that is at best 1/3rd of the game compared to the vast majority who play PvE because this is an MMO and not a PvP centric game.

in Revenant

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

As someone who’s just made a revenant and is learning to play it, I have to ask….. can you shed some light on what exactly you don’t like about it? You don’t offer any details in your post.

Sword AA got nerfed hard, supposedly the power got moved to the 2 and 3 skills but they bug out so much it won’t matter. The facet of light got a cast time meaning you can’t use it when CC’d now, despite the obvious animations and icon, shield 5 healing was nerfed, the teait that granted stab after dodge was given a 5 second ICD, when really it was the GM trait in Herald that gave an extra stack of stab when you got stab that needed the ICD.

In addition, thief and necro were buffed, necro Moreso and as a necro main I can say we didn’t need THaT MUcH boon corrupt. Since rev has next to no Condi clear and relies on resistance for fighting condies he’ll be eaten alive by necromancer. And with thief damage buffs he won’t be able to trade with a thief much anymore. Finally ventari and Jalis, the two legends who need buffs to be usable, received none, which sucks because ventari is just a couple small buffs away from being a good legend (needs his salvation line cleaned up) and Jalis had no stunbreaker unless you burn 50 energy for a 1.25 second cast time for Rite of the Great Dwarf. And again with us necros getting so much boon corruption, a Hearld rev is just a ticking time bomb for us.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

(edited by TheLastNobody.8319)

in Revenant

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Sword AA got nerfed hard, supposedly the power got moved to the 2 and 3 skills but they bug out so much it won’t matter. The facet of light got a cast time meaning you can’t use it when CC’d now, despite the obvious animations and icon, shield 5 healing was nerfed, the teait that granted stab after dodge was given a 5 second ICD, when really it was the GM trait in Herald that gave an extra stack of stab when you got stab that needed the ICD.

In addition, thief and necro were buffed, necro Moreso and as a necro main I can say we didn’t need THaT MUcH boon corrupt. Since rev has next to no Condi clear and relies on resistance for fighting condies he’ll be eaten alive by necromancer. And with thief damage buffs he won’t be able to trade with a thief much anymore. Finally ventari and Jalis, the two legends who need buffs to be usable, received none, which sucks because ventari is just a couple small buffs away from being a good legend (needs his salvation line cleaned up) and Jalis had no stunbreaker unless you burn 50 energy for a 1.25 second cast time for Rite of the Great Dwarf. And again with us necros getting so much boon corruption, a Hearld rev is just a ticking time bomb for us.

Thank you for the explanation.

in Revenant

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

Meanwhile tons of thieves came out of hibernation…

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

in Revenant

Behellagh.1468

Yay! I may be relevant and invited to raids … but who are we kidding.

RIP City of Heroes

in Revenant

Posted by: Ananeos.4587

Ananeos.4587

Can’t be worse than Mesmer nerfs.

Hailsec – Asuran Mesmer | EVOS
Zraiyya – Asuran Elementalist | EVOS
Akkodi – Asuran Engineer | EVOS

in Revenant

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Aaaaaand that’s where I stopped reading. The best pve rotation for revenant was literally to just use sword auto, and nothing else. Revenant was bullkitten easy to play, and I say that as someone who has essentially mained revenant since HoT launch.

Which is EXACTLY why it needed to be nerfed to the level it was … Make the premiere class related to your latest, more difficult expansion so braindead easy that you don’t need to do anything BUT hit AA to play it? Not a good move Anet.

in Revenant

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

There is always a group of people who invest heavily into something new, even though they know 90 days from now the warranty is going to expire and there is no guarantee their investment would have been a wise one.

Revenant was far from difficult to master. It had everything thief, guardian and warrior had been asking for years, with only one draw back.

If you didn’t see this happening from the beginning, then today you just grew up a little and have been made more the wiser for it.

in Revenant

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Yay! I may be relevant and invited to raids … but who are we kidding.

Like all plagues, the thief plague will soon disappear. They currently have their hopes up..but by next week they’ll be dashed again and they’ll be rerolling necro.
At least warrior had the dignity to not be so foolish to threaten, “Next week after the patch..we’ll see how good you are then.”

in Revenant

Posted by: Samnang.1879

Samnang.1879

“it is a very hard profession to master”

Is this sarcasm???

Please nerf bag types instead of class skills!

in Revenant

Posted by: Kattenpootjes.4291

Kattenpootjes.4291

Is this sarcasm???

Raid / Meta wise he’s right, but for pve it’s just 1111 :p

in Revenant

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=LOLRET
It’s funny somewhat that this term apply across games.

in Revenant

Posted by: Tipper.6973

Tipper.6973

I’m a Revenant main since HoT launched and I don’t think they are overly nerfed. Don’t overreact.

Sword auto attack WAS overpowered.

Dragon Stance heal WAS too accessible. It was probably the strongest heal in the game, and remains quite good.

Hammer #2 was completely, insanely overpowered, especially in WvW. I don’t even think fixing the double hit bug and putting a 4 second timer on it is enough. It still feels too strong to me, when compared with other 1200 range weapons.

What we should be raising hell about, is the fact that THE REST of the Revenant class is still broken. Specifically, Ventari and Jalis. These entire stance-sets haven’t had any attention since like… the second pre-HoT beta weekend. What the kitten?

in Revenant

Posted by: foxcat.4096

foxcat.4096

I was hoping for some Jalis and Ventari changes but oh well i will still enjoy playing the profession. If some fair weather revenants can’t handle a few changes and drop the profession nothing of value was lost.

in Revenant

Posted by: Samnang.1879

Samnang.1879

Is this sarcasm???

Raid / Meta wise he’s right, but for pve it’s just 1111 :p

I’ll have to kindly disagree.

In raids, revenant is the easiest class for me to play, I don’t know, maybe I’m a natural at revenant? But I literally have to beg people to not let me play revenant because it’s so boring and you can’t die, ever. There’s like 0.0000000001% of me dying as a rev. There’s like a heal skills that fully heals you for 3seconds, and a toughness trait that gives 1400 toughness…

Whereas if I play chrono or ele, I have a higher chance of downing in raids because I’m doing much more complex skill rotations + very low health.

Please nerf bag types instead of class skills!

in Revenant

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

You take a lot from the revenants and gives us nothing, it is a very hard profession to master and what you do? make it even harder and unbalanced putting the revenants – heralds at the bottom of the ladder the least effective profession now.

Thank you for destroying the revenants profession aka thanks for nothing Arena Net

They had to and it was clear from the start. They have to take a lot from other classes as well but somehow hesitate – probably because of PvE players.
I have once been one as well and I don’t really like changes anyway – there was a lot I found stupid while I was a strict PvE player. Then I started wvw and started to understand why balance is neccessary. I have done dungeons and/or fractals on nearly any class there is, not Revenant but all other 8, and never had any problems although I barely smash buttons on most. that’s why I think that PvE doesn’t need balance that much. Of course no class should be unwelcome anywhere, so all of them have to be nearly equally strong. And revenant (and others) have been a bit too strong.

But I do agree that in least wvw power revenant isn’t that easy to play if you’re not a backliner in a zerg.

in Revenant

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

There is always a group of people who invest heavily into something new, even though they know 90 days from now the warranty is going to expire and there is no guarantee their investment would have been a wise one.

Revenant was far from difficult to master. It had everything thief, guardian and warrior had been asking for years, with only one draw back.

If you didn’t see this happening from the beginning, then today you just grew up a little and have been made more the wiser for it.

I was just saying this to my husband tonight, minus the growing up part.

Revenant was the draw in profession of the expansion. Anyone remember the Deathknights of WoW (Wrath of the Lich King expansion)? This is reminiscent of that. I have a Revenant. My husband has one, my son has one. The first thing I said when playing it the last weekend of the beta before the expansion went live was, “Oh yeah, this is gonna be nerfed”. I made one as soon as I could, and though I enjoy her, she isn’t my main and I knew the whirling joy was to be short-lived, but I think she’ll still be fun.

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

in Revenant

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I don’t think the OP knows the class or is just used to mashing auto attack. A lot of these nerfs that I see people claim are not really that big of a deal. So we lost a little damage with our sword auto attacks. Have you tried mixing in sword #2? Probably not.

We see this with every single patch that has nerfs. Everyone claims that such and such class is now dead and no longer viable. A few days later, lo and behold that class isn’t. Just overreaction a fueled by exaggerations.

in Revenant

Cameron.6450

I don’t think the OP knows the class or is just used to mashing auto attack. A lot of these nerfs that I see people claim are not really that big of a deal. So we lost a little damage with our sword auto attacks. Have you tried mixing in sword #2? Probably not.

Pretty much this. A precision strike hit does the same damage as a pre-nerf sword auto, and can hit three times, on a short cd/low energy cost. There are some bugs with it right now, but those will hopefully be fixed soon.

in Revenant

Posted by: DeoDose.4237

DeoDose.4237

1. They moved AA damage to other skills, nothing has been “taken away”
2. Revs DPS rota is still simple to master
3. the least effective Profession? So 50% boon Duration, projectile block, perma prot,fury and so on is bad?

in Revenant

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

This nerf that you are talking about is pretty much an alibi nerf. Anet can say they did something to balance revenant but at the same time they did not hit the class that is supposed to sell HoT that much that it would hurt.

in Revenant

Posted by: TheOnlyGingerPig.5642

TheOnlyGingerPig.5642

Sad about Revenant nerf… like to press one button… try the new overpowered class of thief….

in Revenant

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

meanwhile, druids got nothing new, and ranger weapons are still all over the place.

in Revenant

Posted by: Fade to Black.7042

Fade to Black.7042

Yes thanks Anet i quit today.

Yesterday i’ve tried condi rev power rev , and everything, i kept being overwhelmed by thieves necros and warriors bcuz thats the only thing you see in the arena.

I loved my revenant from the begining until yesterday, now i hate it bcuz it just impossible to win. out of 20 matches i’ve won 2, before was 55% win lose rate.

Now i can play diablo3 new season.

in Revenant

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Bullkitten, you need to precast first all facets, release it right before fight, use CC if needed (name; glint elite and shiro elite). After that you had to switch to shiro, use impossible odds til running out or you had enough to unrelenting assault and/or using figid blitz. Depending on mobs you have to cast rift to align the mobs in order to max out efficiency with axe 5. You only do impossible odds and sword auto if you are super lazy and yes; there were kittenty players who did that all the time, but it’s not fun then and not remotely effective if you don’t use all the herald facets. Why would you even do that…

I don’t call it hard but you still have to manage a bit and time your skills to max out DPS and evade enemy attacks.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

in Revenant

Posted by: DeoDose.4237

DeoDose.4237

Bullkitten, you need to precast first all facets, release it right before fight, use CC if needed (name; glint elite and shiro elite). After that you had to switch to shiro, use impossible odds til running out or you had enough to unrelenting assault and/or using figid blitz. Depending on mobs you have to cast rift to align the mobs in order to max out efficiency with axe 5. You only do impossible odds and sword auto if you are super lazy and yes; there were kittenty players who did that all the time, but it’s not fun then and not remotely effective if you don’t use all the herald facets. Why would you even do that…

I don’t call it hard but you still have to manage a bit and time your skills to max out DPS and evade enemy attacks.

Yeah, and dont forget about the adad spam, thats the most annoying part of Rev Rota:)

in Revenant

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Yesterday i’ve tried condi rev power rev , and everything, i kept being overwhelmed by thieves necros and warriors bcuz thats the only thing you see in the arena.

I loved my revenant from the begining until yesterday, now i hate it bcuz it just impossible to win. out of 20 matches i’ve won 2, before was 55% win lose rate.

Every time there’s a patch that nerfs anything there’s going to be someone that leaves the game. Good PvPers will adapt to the changes, because that’s what good PvPers do.

What you’re essentially saying is you can’t win battles with auto attack anymore. I’m pretty sure that wasn’t the way PvP was meant to be played in the first place.

in Revenant

Cameron.6450

All of which is absurdly easy. You can list every single thing you might have to do at some point (including cc, which requires all classes to break from a dps rotation, which makes it irrelevant), but when it comes down to it, doing all of the things you listed is basically nothing. You can mention activating facets like it’s taxing all you want, but they’re all just instant casts. Nothing special there at all. Not even taking into consideration the fact that with an optimised build in a raid group (ie paired with a chrono, and the place where rotations matter) you use mallyx or jalis, which is even easier since you don’t even need to run energy down for facet of nature to run out.

in Revenant

Posted by: Fade to Black.7042

Fade to Black.7042

Every time there’s a patch that nerfs anything there’s going to be someone that leaves the game. Good PvPers will adapt to the changes, because that’s what good PvPers do.

What you’re essentially saying is you can’t win battles with auto attack anymore. I’m pretty sure that wasn’t the way PvP was meant to be played in the first place.

You cleary didn’t tested the new rev, the AA nerf had didn’t affect much in pvp, but the facet of light can’t be cast while c/c’ed, UA doing less dmg overall while was used to evade it is not as effective as before. Precision strike doesn’t hit the same target, so it was not a “buff” still the same crap, took away quickness effect while taking out downed people while thieves just hide while doing it (not fair) , shield 5 healing was nerfed, the teait that granted stab after dodge was given a 5 second ICD, when really it was the GM trait in Herald that gave an extra stack of stab when you got stab that needed the ICD.

Yea good pvp’ers adapt —> moving to necro’s and thieves lol

in Revenant

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

You cleary didn’t tested the new rev, the AA nerf had didn’t affect much in pvp, but the facet of light can’t be cast while c/c’ed, UA doing less dmg overall while was used to evade it is not as effective as before. Precision strike doesn’t hit the same target, so it was not a “buff” still the same crap, took away quickness effect while taking out downed people while thieves just hide while doing it (not fair) , shield 5 healing was nerfed, the teait that granted stab after dodge was given a 5 second ICD, when really it was the GM trait in Herald that gave an extra stack of stab when you got stab that needed the ICD.

Yea good pvp’ers adapt —> moving to necro’s and thieves lol

Swapping professions in a game that requires no leveling time in PvP is absolutely 1 way you can adapt. Not sure why you think that’s funny. On the other hand I haven’t seen a huge outcry about the revenant either, very very few people saying what you’re saying. Since it was the most recent profession released it would likely be a fairliy popular one, but there’s no way of discontent here. There’s not a million posts on reddit about it. There are two guys in a single thread, with very little support.

in Revenant

Posted by: RedDeadFred.1256

RedDeadFred.1256

All of which is absurdly easy. You can list every single thing you might have to do at some point (including cc, which requires all classes to break from a dps rotation, which makes it irrelevant), but when it comes down to it, doing all of the things you listed is basically nothing. You can mention activating facets like it’s taxing all you want, but they’re all just instant casts. Nothing special there at all. Not even taking into consideration the fact that with an optimised build in a raid group (ie paired with a chrono, and the place where rotations matter) you use mallyx or jalis, which is even easier since you don’t even need to run energy down for facet of nature to run out.

As a Revenant main, I agree. Sure, it’s not as simple as just mashing 1 like a lot of people think, but let’s not kid ourselves. We have one of the easiest professions in the game.

The nerfs really aren’t that bad. In fact, I’m happy they moved some of the damage to sword 2. It makes me feel better about using the skill besides just pushing it to run down energy more quickly. The biggest change IMO, is the Facet of Light nerf. Giving it a cast time is going to expose a lot of the weaker players you used it as a crutch.

in Revenant

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Then again, same goes with DH, Reaper, Ranger, Warrior… haven’t played daredevil but I know thief, so I assume it is bit more complex as with mesmer. Really hard to master is only engi followed by ele with all the field combos etc.

I just wanted to point out that revenant isn’t just spamming 1, it is a bit more.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

in Revenant

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Sad about Revenant nerf… like to press one button… try the new overpowered class of thief….

Balance, team, Raid team, please read the comments (I didn’t write any of that, but I mostly agree)

in Revenant

Behellagh.1468

Welcome to MMOs, every class will always get balanced every so often so the only thing constant is change. If you think your class is awesome, or you picked it because everyone is saying it’s awesome, then there’s a good chance at some point it’s going to get nerfed. Plan for it, expect it sooner than later.

RIP City of Heroes

in Revenant

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Welcome to MMOs, every class will always get balanced every so often so the only thing constant is change. If you think your class is awesome, or you picked it because everyone is saying it’s awesome, then there’s a good chance at some point it’s going to get nerfed. Plan for it, expect it sooner than later.

Funny enough, my Revenant doesn’t feel destroyed. Played him last night and did just fine. He feels far from (Coalescence of) Ruined.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Revenant

Posted by: Petrol.9086

Petrol.9086

It really never get’s old when immature players throw their toys out of the pram when their blatantly OP class gets toned down.

Give me a break, it’s still a strong class and i’m actually enjoying mine more since it’s not just constant AA spam.

in Revenant

Posted by: archmagus.7249

archmagus.7249

Oh no! Now you have to use something besides your AA.

in Revenant

Posted by: wharone.1809

wharone.1809

Oh sure, like the one where projectiles will fly off in all the wrong directions?

Or like the one where you have a 60% of the skill not actually working and a 30% chance to warp you into a wall?

Just go back to enjoying your Engineer before Anet realizes they forgot to give them their quarterly nerf.

in Revenant

Posted by: Sourde Noire.5286

Sourde Noire.5286

Hey, we can’t all play thieves or staff eles or PS warriors with their overly complex rotations.

Oh wait.

in Revenant

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Can I say it? Yes, I can:

No one cares about PvE.

Hey, we can’t all play thieves or staff eles or PS warriors with their overly complex rotations.

Oh wait.

Give it a shot, thief is squishy in all 3 game modes – unless you don’t have a good party you’ll have to work for your AA.

in Revenant

Posted by: Sourde Noire.5286

Sourde Noire.5286

No one cares about PvE.

Oh wait.

Give it a shot, thief is squishy in all 3 game modes – unless you don’t have a good party you’ll have to work for your AA.

Addressing 1/3 of the point and then making a blank statement, good job.

As for your first statement: I care about PvE, and I couldn’t care less about PvP and WvW. Now what? Doesn’t change that across the board balancing of 3 game modes with the same skills is just unnecessary and annoying.

in Revenant

Posted by: archmagus.7249

archmagus.7249

Oh sure, like the one where projectiles will fly off in all the wrong directions?

Or like the one where you have a 60% of the skill not actually working and a 30% chance to warp you into a wall?

Just go back to enjoying your Engineer before Anet realizes they forgot to give them their quarterly nerf.

We got our nerfs. Sneak gyro had its CD doubled because thieves and Mesmers were complaining about us having to much stealth, automated medical response now has a 120s ICD and still procs even when the healing skill is off CD, rocket charge had its CD increased, and perfectly weighted only gives 1 stack of stability.

in Revenant

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

No one cares about PvE.

You can say it. You’re wrong. But you can indeed say it.

I care very much about PvE. I enjoy it a lot.

Can someone tell me why I didn’t get the ballot to vote on Jana getting to speak for everyone?

in Revenant

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Don’t worry revs, you got a lot of stuff warriors could’ve used. Now, you’ll be sitting down there soon with them