That facet looks much better

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Without this kittened circle. This+sound turned off and it would be gold. Howered i still prefer crystals floating around us.

Attachments:

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

Posted by: Cayenne.5341

Cayenne.5341

i disagree. i like it how it is

in Revenant

Posted by: Bean Muncher.5197

Bean Muncher.5197

Agreed with OP. Especially the sound has to go, it is so annoying I have to play with instruments off whenever I play herald.

in Revenant

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

Crystals would be sweet. Kind of like that ele earth skill where rocks float around you in a circle but maybe a little bugger. They would also make more sense with glint and it being crystal related.

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Agreed with OP. Especially the sound has to go, it is so annoying I have to play with instruments off whenever I play herald.

And it would be far more annoying to those of us that love it if it were removed completely.

in Revenant

Posted by: Tristavel.9218

Tristavel.9218

Agree with the OP… although I think completely removing the circle is not really necessary. What we need – maybe just as an option for those that love the current OTT effect – is removing the pulsating center of the current glyph ring. Or maybe just stopping the constant strobe effect. Or lowering the brightness A LOT.

Just please do something about it.

I swear that slow pulsation hurts my eyes more with each passing hour.

in Revenant

Posted by: SaulWolfden.6178

SaulWolfden.6178

Why does anyone want the circle to stay? It is objectively the most horrific looking effect in the game with how badly it stretches over different level terrain.

“Fear is only what you feel”

in Revenant

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

You guys have no souls, the music and the effect is pure perfection.

in Revenant

Posted by: Altair.8402

Altair.8402

The circle is literally the best part of the expansion. Sometimes when I’m feeling down, I just boot up the game, activate some facets, and it just brightens my day up again. If I could, I would quit work and school and stare at it 24 hours a day.

in Revenant

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

without the circle the rev will look just as bland as warrior

and I love warrior

in Revenant

Posted by: Crescendoll.7612

Crescendoll.7612

Does this also get rid of Glint’s “voiceacting”? You know, the guttural shout that sounds like a little old lady passing a kidney stone?

Space reserved for future witty pop-culture references.

in Revenant

Posted by: technophebe.7631

technophebe.7631

I would pay $$$ for the ability to remove/mute the overhead icon and voice-acting every time I switch legends!

in Revenant

Posted by: Fade to Black.7042

Fade to Black.7042

I like the circle and the effects as it is.

Don’t like it? play another class.

in Revenant

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

No, the circle sucks. Just needs to be less opaque and it would be fine.

downed state is bad for PVP

in Revenant

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

The circle is really jarring and stands out within the GW2 world, in a bad way. The dragon graphic on it is terrible. Sorry to whomever designed it, but it is absolutely appalling to look at, within Guild Wars 2. It looks like the kind of thing a beginner with Photoshop would draw and it stretches on different surfaces.. ugh.. no, please ArenaNet, re-design that hideous monstrosity. I liked the idea of floating 3D crystals of some sort.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

in Revenant

Posted by: Minibiskit.6158

Minibiskit.6158

My biggest issue with the circle is its opacity. Makes my herald the only toon that I have trouble with on jumping puzzles. If the circle didn’t blot out the terrain entirely, I wouldn’t have as much of a problem with it.

in Revenant

Posted by: Surian.3946

Surian.3946

I really like how facets are and the sound effects that come with them. I don’t want anet touching any other animations after seeing the latest changes of “reduced noise”, because they will end up removing the entire thing.

I like it. Don’t change it.

in Revenant

Posted by: Deim Hunir.8503

Deim Hunir.8503

Sorry but I like it too :/ I’m with Ragion on this one XD

in Revenant

SaulWolfden.6178

The circle is really jarring and stands out within the GW2 world, in a bad way. The dragon graphic on it is terrible. Sorry to whomever designed it, but it is absolutely appalling to look at, within Guild Wars 2. It looks like the kind of thing a beginner with Photoshop would draw and it stretches on different surfaces.. ugh.. no, please ArenaNet, re-design that hideous monstrosity. I liked the idea of floating 3D crystals of some sort.

It’s laughable anyone thinks that effect is fine as it is. Look at that beautiful stretching.

Attachments:

(edited by SaulWolfden.6178)

in Revenant

Posted by: Arcuss.6457

Arcuss.6457

It’s laughable anyone thinks that effect is fine as it is. Look at that beautiful stretching.

It’s called an opinion, better get used to it. Personally I love the design, but I could do without the sound, and I understand why people would want them gone. An option to toggle them would be the only choice.

in Revenant

SaulWolfden.6178

It’s called an opinion, better get used to it. Personally I love the design, but I could do without the sound, and I understand why people would want them gone. An option to toggle them would be the only choice.

It’s the fact that people think it is fine right now and doesn’t need to be changed at all they think the stretching is fine by saying that. Those are the people I don’t understand.

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Its terrible..just like our auto sword animations for first and second strike. I dont understand how someone could def it.

Its weird that we channel crystal dragon that has nothing to do with crystals at all.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

I quit herald/rev cuz or it, i know it sounds silly but dev never got back to our feedback and how to change it.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in Revenant

Arcuss.6457

I think you all are acting very dramatic towards something that, functionally, makes no difference.

in Revenant

SaulWolfden.6178

I think you all are acting very dramatic towards something that, functionally, makes no difference.

It affects gameplay because the effect can cover red circles and cues for certain skills or abilities.

in Revenant

Arcuss.6457

It affects gameplay because the effect can cover red circles and cues for certain skills or abilities.

Except it doesn’t cover them. The red circles still show up bright red over the top of the aura.

in Revenant

SaulWolfden.6178

Except it doesn’t cover them. The red circles still show up bright red over the top of the aura.

Except it’s hardly noticeable if that is indeed the case, during Teq my herald is the only character I cannot properly see red circles, I can see them just fine on any other character I play on.

in Revenant

Arcuss.6457

Except it’s hardly noticeable if that is indeed the case, during Teq my herald is the only character I cannot properly see red circles, I can see them just fine on any other character I play on.

Well I’m sorry you can’t see the bright red circles. I certainly don’t have trouble seeing them. Like I said the only proper solution to this is for anet to add a option in the graphics setting to toggle the visuals.

in Revenant

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Rich people pays crazy money for Picasso’s paintings, while I think they look like crap. You dont like it, fine, but dont tell others what they should like or dont like.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer