Upcoming Revenant changes for BWE3

in Revenant

Posted by: ZDragon.3046

ZDragon.3046

Love the Mallyx changes. Never liked the self-condi spam, but I did enjoy Mallyx more than Shiro, Ventari, or Jalis by far anyhow.

I’m very skeptical about the poison trait, though. Poison does really poor damage and from what I recall, Rev only applies poison on the last hit of the mace auto chain, and only for about 3 seconds at a time. I don’t see how that 3 second poison tab and 6 seconds of poison every 20 seconds are going to be remotely competitive.

If you traited right Self-conditions never hurt you because you gained so much resistance. You wont like it now because now you have nothing to keep your safe and with the condition copy removed you will quickly find your DPS against other condition builds is lackluster. You you can get all the resistance in the world but thats about all the profession is good for now.

in Revenant

ZDragon.3046

Hey all,

The Reflexive Hammers trait in retribution is going to be changed after BWE3, before launch. Right now since it uses projectiles that hover around you, they currently don’t work underwater and I think it no longer really fits the line as that is more about damage, plus it muddies the FXs around the character when the actual hammers are around you.

Soooooo…. I wanted to throw out an idea I had about a new GM trait for retribution to place it and see what you all think. The trait would be more dwarf stance focused since we don’t have a dwarf stance specific trait.

• It would give you some way to proc Rite of the Great Dwarf like at some percent health trigger or something and then make Rite of the Great Dwarf (both proc and the skill) have reduced condition damage taken as well while allies have the buff.

Let me know what you think.

What do you think about looking at Mallyx again? D’: Roy… look at our tears Roy….
Over nerf much….
- plays mad world song – D’:

in Revenant

ZDragon.3046

It just hit me, if Unyielding Anguish doesn’t have a CD, then this skill is directly conflicting with the nerfed EtD. They both do the exact same thing, pulsing torment in area, just in a different way. Kinda like stability and break bars, they’re essentially duplicate functionalities, UA probably being the winner cost-effective wise. Even more reason not to change EtD!

Your posts literally blow my mind. You seem to be the most unreasonable person in this entire forum. I get that you are upset that Mallyx lost a lot of flavor I am too ,but some of the things you say are just completely void of logic. There are plenty of reasons to use EtD. Reason 1 EtD will be vastly superior to UA on any target that is moving period. You can move out of UA as long as the Rev is near you you cannot move out of EtD. EtD also provides a 10% stat increase where as UA provides chill. They both have their uses and EtD is definitely still deserving of being called an Elite. Please control your rage and use logic when you type.

A stack of torment per second is worth an elite? Are you serious? I am not even gonna continue this conversation with you lol

With a 10% stat increase yes. Especially when he plans to lower the cost and make torment do more damage on targets not moving.

Aside from a loss of flavor these changes make Mallyx significantly stronger then its previous iteration. I am going to miss displacement if it doesn’t get re-implemented ,but these changes really improve the Legend. Previously Rev’s could barely apply condis to their target if they weren’t getting slammed with condis themsevles. Not every opponent applies a ton of condies. If you were fighting a Power based opponent you barely did any damage to them because the only real condi application you got came from the mace and from a skill that you can easily move out of it. This is a huge step in the right direction at a cost to flavor sure ,but there can be a compromise.

Allow me to chime in on thise.

First off the displacment was causing game issues. I can see why it was removed im fine with that but I do think the 10second cooldown is too much. The cooldown should at least = the duration that the Aoe can stay up.

The elite was nerfed without reason. Roy has yet to answer my question as to what reason the condition copy was stripped from Mallyx. Without a doubt at -8 energy per second 1 torment stack (Which was already there) and 10% stat increase (which was already there) is not worth the cost or worthy of the elite skill. If they intend to remove the condition copy then something else should have been added to compensate for it. Maybe if it was 4-5 stacks of torment per second at least it would be worth it.

My suggestion is to make the elite view how many conditions are on you currently so if you have 6 different conditions applied to yourself from others then 6 bonus stacks of torment every second. So in total the elite is now doing 7 stacks per second. This makes the elite situational and rather more valuable than it sits right now as of these changes. Mallyx is supposed to get stronger as more conditions are applied to it. Banish enchantment is stronger when you have more conditions on you I don’t see why Embrace the darkness is not.

The whole thing with condition copy was the fact that it could send many conditions back to your foes making the elite rather deadly if you had a lot of conditions on. Now its not threatening or game changing at all. Ther is no pop, no wow factor, and no one is gonna think twice to keep beating your face in when you activate it.

in Revenant

Posted by: Booxos.8715

Booxos.8715

Ok. I Know that i am an Old grumble but please. Let us support players that came from another MMO. Be a good support healer as rev. You have created great dynamic game where wvwvw Fights bring a lot of adrenaline but tablet is too slow to follow the fight. Would be gr8 to fix it somehow.

in Revenant

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

Ok. I Know that i am an Old grumble but please. Let us support players that came from another MMO. Be a good support healer as rev. You have created great dynamic game where wvwvw Fights bring a lot of adrenaline but tablet is too slow to follow the fight. Would be gr8 to fix it somehow.

They have to make a Healer needed first.
Right now there’s not much need for a dedicated Healer in any game mode.
Ventari can be pretty useful with the projectile blocks though.

in Revenant

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

+1, tablet needs to be much faster.

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Reflective summon trait gets removed probably as its a bit useless. 30sec for something that may last no longer than 1 sec due to uneven terrain, walls and other stuff. I dont mind letting it go.

What i am surprised about is that nobody complains about sword auto, specifically the projectile part which is really troublesome. Slow, tiny radius (trying to flank makes no sense with it), block rev from doing anything to someone with deflect/reflect up, keep getting obstructed on terrain/walls etc. That attack also makes no sense as why i would throw projectile in melee range on melee weapon?

Guardian sword auto is terrible due to projectiles on the last hit. It applies to rev sword as well which is terrible for the same reason. Dont do the same mistake please, otherwise we will also end up with tons of thread about this issue over time.

The projectile issue also applying to Shiro healing ability which last too short – its really hard to proc all daggers in pvp with hammer. These daggers should become unblockable with 20sec duration and reduced damage a bit imo.

__
As for the Jalis idea trait, i do not like it effecting just single skill from his set. We might as well make it on elite skill use in this case like diabolic inferno/pacification. Shiro trait provides might on all skills, Mallyx trait provides resistance, Ventari creates additional healing crystals and Glint improves toughness while using upkeep skills. Jalis needs something unique as well which would affect all his skills. I think retal would be a good option here.

Overall i feel that retribution line was being carried hard by stability on dodge and protection on cc which is now gone. There is really no choice in adept other than go for reduced damage from range attacks, dwarf battle stance is something that we really needed but at the cost of losing protection on cc? Im not sure if that is a good deal.
Gm’s traits just sux and they all need a rework.

What i like tho is the concept here. Rather than removing condi and rely on rngesus to remove burn/confusion, rev direction seems to be aimed towards resisting condition damage

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Hey all,

The Reflexive Hammers trait in retribution is going to be changed after BWE3, before launch. Right now since it uses projectiles that hover around you, they currently don’t work underwater and I think it no longer really fits the line as that is more about damage, plus it muddies the FXs around the character when the actual hammers are around you.

Soooooo…. I wanted to throw out an idea I had about a new GM trait for retribution to place it and see what you all think. The trait would be more dwarf stance focused since we don’t have a dwarf stance specific trait.

• It would give you some way to proc Rite of the Great Dwarf like at some percent health trigger or something and then make Rite of the Great Dwarf (both proc and the skill) have reduced condition damage taken as well while allies have the buff.

Cool. Very close to my suggestion, just reducing condi damage instead of critical strike damage. Which might be handy, since it also affects allies. Nicely done, Roy!

Now I wait for my Ventari & Salvation changes

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Revenant

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Overall I’m ok with the Mallyx changes, if I wanted a corruption build I’d go play it on necro (and fail with it, ironically), but this still gives a little bit of room for condi manipulation. I do agree with some that the elite now feels like it just got hacked up without a proper replacement, but we’ll see when we get to play it. Overall I’m not going to make any knee jerk judgments until we get to see what this does. As long as Mallyx is still playable I will roll with the changes. It was the only thing that kept me on my feet in that condi-cesspool called wvw.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in Revenant

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

So, with Druid reveal the Glyph of Tides pushes enemies away from your location. Seems this is basically what Unyielding Anguish did before except it use to displace. Why not simply keep the functionality (loved the skill) with this mechanic instead of displacement?

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Revenant

BlackDevil.9268

So, with Druid reveal the Glyph of Tides pushes enemies away from your location. Seems this is basically what Unyielding Anguish did before except it use to displace. Why not simply keep the functionality (loved the skill) with this mechanic instead of displacement?

No it did not in any sense and it’s not anything else than a warrior hammer 4.

in Revenant

Invictus.1503

Not sure what you mean? Unyielding Anguish (before the notes from above) was a leap that displaced enemies (meaning they were forced out of a radius with you as the center and couldn’t re-enter). The problem seems to be the displacement mechanic was too “disorienting” and ignored things like stability. Glyph of the Tides for Druid knocks back all enemies within a radius centered on you.

I don’t see why Unyielding Anguish couldn’t remain the same as it was before, just putting the same knockback mechanic of GotT when you land in your leap. It would then keep the functionality it had before, without being “disorienting” and without the OP version that was ignoring Stability.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Revenant

BlackDevil.9268

Not sure what you mean? Unyielding Anguish (before the notes from above) was a leap that displaced enemies (meaning they were forced out of a radius with you as the center and couldn’t re-enter). The problem seems to be the displacement mechanic was too “disorienting” and ignored things like stability. Glyph of the Tides for Druid knocks back all enemies within a radius centered on you.

I don’t see why Unyielding Anguish couldn’t remain the same as it was before, just putting the same knockback mechanic of GotT when you land in your leap. It would then keep the functionality it had before, without being “disorienting” and without the OP version that was ignoring Stability.

Oh sorry I should read more carefully. I thought you ment the KB of the Glyph was compareable to the effect Unyielding Anguish did. But honestly, I don’t think CC really fits mallyx.

in Revenant

Posted by: Malthurius.6870

Malthurius.6870

What if you made it so that if you’re in Mallyx you can’t get your conditions cleansed by players? Conditions would still fall off, but they just can’t be removed. That way you can keep the same kind of gameplay without worrying about other players breaking your condition ramp up.

In addition to that idea, maybe make it so that conditions can’t fall off of you at all while in mallyx, and they just sit at 0.1 seconds until you switch over. Maybe then condition cleanse just sets the conditions to 0.1 seconds remaining, and drop off immediately when you switch off of mallyx. Supporting the condition ramp up and high risk high reward type of style.

Just an idea.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

Oh sorry I should read more carefully. I thought you ment the KB of the Glyph was compareable to the effect Unyielding Anguish did. But honestly, I don’t think CC really fits mallyx.

I agree with the CC not fitting mallyx. Yes the displacement was great while we had it but it didn’t fit. You had a melee weapon and they displaced away from you. While great for wvw/pvp capping/rezzing it didn’t really fit in my opinion. If you add a knockback it does the same as the displacement (without the confusion) but it still doesn’t have synergy with our condi weapon that is melee. I think the current iteration of chill will be good, lets just see how it does.

in Revenant

Posted by: blokejoe.6590

blokejoe.6590

Hey all,

this is a great one. i think it would make for a difficult choice on which one to pick, i think at 50% would be ideal since the other traits gives you one more chance at; Jade Echo on downed (one last vengeful attack),Soothing Bastion at 25% (one last stand), and Rite of the Great Dwarf (one last re-composure).

(edited by blokejoe.6590)

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

this is a great one. i think it would make for a difficult choice on which one to pick, i think at 50% would be ideal since the other traits gives you one more chance at; Jade Echo on downed (one last vengeful attack), herald at 25% (one last stand), and Rite of the Great Dwarf (one last re-composure).

Actually, this would be pretty cool when downed. Any chance of changing the Jade Winds proc?

in Revenant

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Please drop the +50% to out going boon effect and stop trying to balance the game arone it. Its a cool ideal and effect but your pushing the game into perma quickness stab and resistances making ppl immune to nearly every thing and by balancing other classes such as tempest heat sink to not be op with this effect and gurd shout to not be as op is simply not going to work. The only way to make it turly work is to destroy all boon sharing and drop the duration on all strong boons effects by a lot meaning you need this +50% to out going boons.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Revenant

Posted by: Gashead.9162

Gashead.9162

Hey there, I wanted to add myself to the list of folks lamenting the demon stance changes in the most thoughtful way I can.

I can understand the need to change displacement mechanics, but golly gee those were awesome. Making it a dark field w/ chill totally changes how it will be used. For instance, it can no longer be used to peel for a downed ally, and it can no longer be used to keep melee off you while using hammer (at least not in the same way as it was before)… and what’s wrong with disorienting a few people?!

The issues with self-applied condis is valid, but it was another great and unique mechanic that will be sorely missed. However, I can’t see how the removal of condi copy on the elite is necessary. It’s an expensive elite to use, and even at -7 or -6, you’d still only be able to execute a few skills other than your #1 before it’s gone. The payoff doesn’t seem like it will be there for that kind of upkeep. Additionally, I don’t think partially normalizing torment damage with a trait is a good solution in the situation as a whole being that the changes are going to take a way a lot of depth of active play for the stance, and offer a solution via passive play by making a quirky condition behave a bit more like… well, other conditions. The trade off changes the play style quite a bit.

I hope I’m not coming off as too alarmist or critical. It’s just that the last two weekends with the demon stance rev were so kitten fun! Your initial designs for demon stance were awesome. If changes absolutely must happen to self condi stacking/copying and displacement, it would be a shame to execute those changes in a way that would dumb down what had been one of the most complex and rewarding play styles in the game. For what it’s worth, I’d rather keep them as they were and deal with he occasional unwanted cleanse rather than lose those unique aspects of the profession. Besides, I would always have an other stance if it got too frustrating in a given encounter.

rlbphonics.com

(edited by Gashead.9162)

in Revenant

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

To be honest, one thing that does concern me about the proposed torment change is that the behaviour of conditions should be easily recognisable. In PvP you rarely want to stand still – however, if you have Torment on, it may at times be a viable tactic to do so briefly in order to reduce the damage you take from Torment. Without some indication of which Torment stacks come from a revenant and thus don’t have their damage reduced by as much, however, it makes it that much harder to make an informed decision on how to respond to a situation.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Revenant

Posted by: Zeroth.7046

Zeroth.7046

To be honest, one thing that does concern me about the proposed torment change is that the behaviour of conditions should be easily recognisable. In PvP you rarely want to stand still – however, if you have Torment on, it may at times be a viable tactic to do so briefly in order to reduce the damage you take from Torment. Without some indication of which Torment stacks come from a revenant and thus don’t have their damage reduced by as much, however, it makes it that much harder to make an informed decision on how to respond to a situation.

There’s no difference in how you approach torment in this case, the only difference being that Revenant’s will have a bigger damage when you are standing still, but it will still be weaker than if you were moving.

in Revenant

Posted by: Ellsy.6780

Ellsy.6780

Hey all,

Okay soooo… more tankiness yes? Honestly, I’d like to see another stunbreak that we have a bit more control over on that specific line. But, if you’re going to do something that at least gives us the ability to mitigate more damage in that stance I’ll take it.

Also…. I want a time machine and I’ll see y’all on 10-23-15.

Born Villain [CAIN]
Revenant Team Lead & Guardian Advisor
Commander “Elscia” – Jade Quarry

in Revenant

Posted by: Ellsy.6780

Ellsy.6780

They fixed that with Druid >.<

Born Villain [CAIN]
Revenant Team Lead & Guardian Advisor
Commander “Elscia” – Jade Quarry

in Revenant

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

There’s no difference in how you approach torment in this case, the only difference being that Revenant’s will have a bigger damage when you are standing still, but it will still be weaker than if you were moving.

The concern is that it adjusts the cost/benefit ratio in a manner that is opaque to the victim. If you’ve got a big stack of Torment on you, you might consider that it’s worth stopping moving to reduce the damage if that’s going to cut the torment damage in half, but not if it’s only going to cut it by, say, 25%. Currently, if you have torment, you know that halting movement will reduce damage by 50% regardless, while with the proposed trait, you really don’t know what’s going to happen if you stop moving (how many of the stacks you have come from a revenant with the trait? What condition damage does the revenant have compared to other sources?).

What could be an alternative is having a trait that causes the revenant to also inflict bleeding whenever it inflicts torment if in Demon stance. This is more of a straight-up buff in that it’ll also do more damage to moving targets, but it would be more transparent.

This proposed cure may well be worse than the disease, since I think it’s a very rare occasion that anyone stops moving in PvP to avoid torment damage, but the reduced transparency of Torment does seem like something that should be considered.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Revenant

Posted by: Nostredeus.3105

Nostredeus.3105

So on a different topic (than Ventari v Druid and Mallyx generally):

The perma regen, protection and fury (not all at once) in Herald is nice. The might seems nice at first but has to compete with fire fields and Phalanx Warrior.

With our prof mechanic running, boon duration food and strength runes we get ~11 stacks perma. Being realistic for a moment, no-one is gunna run that for meh might. Can we get some more stacks up in here so that a boon support spec can start to compete with phalanx warrior? It doesn’t have to match phalanx but only being able to be like 50% as good when specced for boons whilst the phalanx can pump might without sacrificing anything is a bit meh.

Considering the other stuff rev brings can I suggest a boon specced build is tweaked to pump like 20 stacks if you run the upkeep and the prof mechanic permanently? (The energy upkeep cost will ensure there is a trade off between might and other boons)

Much love <3

(Ventari skill 6 having no CD a movement speed buff and 1200 range would be nice too)

in Revenant

Malchior.5732

whilst the phalanx can pump might without sacrificing anything is a bit meh.

He sacrifices personal DPS while the Revenant sacrifices nothing to get the perma 11 Might.

in Revenant

Nostredeus.3105

He sacrifices personal DPS while the Revenant sacrifices nothing to get the perma 11 Might.

The DPS drop is worth it hence why phalanx is mandatory right now. Either way no-one is running the might upkeep outside of badly organised groups where you have to carry hard. Also it’s worth bearing in mind that the upkeeps have an energy cost meaning there is an opportunity cost sacrifice there, if you have to pick between perma regen, fury or protection and 11 stacks of might it’s clear which you will run. Not only that but the might upkeep works differently to the fury, regen and protection because might is stackable; it takes time to build up such that 11 stacks perma is very optimistic on my part.

Just my 2 cents.

in Revenant

Malchior.5732

The DPS drop is worth it hence why phalanx is mandatory right now. Either way no-one is running the might upkeep outside of badly organised groups where you have to carry hard. Also it’s worth bearing in mind that the upkeeps have an energy cost meaning there is an opportunity cost sacrifice there, if you have to pick between perma regen, fury or protection and 11 stacks of might it’s clear which you will run. Not only that but the might upkeep works differently to the fury, regen and protection because might is stackable; it takes time to build up such that 11 stacks perma is very optimistic on my part.

Just my 2 cents.

Well that’s kinda the point. The Phalanx Warr spreads a ton of Might, but the Herald gives +50% outgoing boon duration, Regen, Might, Fury, Prot, or Swiftness whenever needed without sacrificing much of anything.
Then, say you don’t have a Phalanx Warr: you still got 11 Might by yourself that pulses even OoC. No Ele? You got Perma Fury. Got both on your team? You can pulse Prot if needed or just help wveryone out by giving them Might and Fury before the fight even starts or swap to Ventari for Projectile Destruction duty or swap to Mallyx for max DPS potential.

in Revenant

Nostredeus.3105

Just my 2 cents.

Well that’s kinda the point. The Phalanx Warr spreads a ton of Might, but the Herald gives +50% outgoing boon duration, Regen, Might, Fury, Prot, or Swiftness whenever needed without sacrificing much of anything.
Then, say you don’t have a Phalanx Warr: you still got 11 Might by yourself that pulses even OoC. No Ele? You got Perma Fury. Got both on your team? You can pulse Prot if needed or just help wveryone out by giving them Might and Fury before the fight even starts or swap to Ventari for Projectile Destruction duty or swap to Mallyx for max DPS potential.

The only time you’d run the might upkeep is if you have no phalanx warrior and no other other source of might. That’s the definition of a badly formed group really. But let’s say you are in that position, or you just want to be able to use the might upkeep in other types of groups, in either case giving the might upkeep more stacks is still viable without encroaching on the phalanx warrior due to:

A) the trade off with other upkeep skills, you want 20 stacks of might? You can’t have perma fury, regen or protection.

B) the fact that it takes time to build might means it’ll likely not hit 20 stacks before the encounter ends anyway.

C) warrior can run phalanx with a small dps decrease, I’m talking about 20 eventual stacks on the upkeep if you run boon food, boon traits, the facet of nature and strength runes.

I think really what I am saying here is that the rev is a great pug carry but meh (for might) in an organised group. I want to increase the might stacks to a decent point without kicking phalanx warrior out the meta (It’d be wrong to kill another build). I’m also saying that 11 eventual might stacks with a long build up whilst they stack is pretty meh even in pug groups.

(edited by Nostredeus.3105)

in Revenant

Malchior.5732

That’s cool, but you don’t have to supply Phalanx-like Might to be good. Being so versatile and still being unique(+50% outgoing boons) is enough to be wanted.
Herald might not be mandatory, but no one should ever complain about having a Herald; it’s always going to be nice to have one. That being said, what they should change is how our Might on boon trait works. Right now, if you activate all the facets, you only get like 1 stack of Might per 3 seconds because of how the pulses work. You can’t properly time the facets to maximize this trait or anything so it usually ends up only giving you a couple stacks of Might.

in Revenant

Nostredeus.3105

That’s cool, but you don’t have to supply Phalanx-like Might to be good. Being so versatile and still being unique(+50% outgoing boons) is enough to be wanted.
Herald might not be mandatory, but no one should ever complain about having a Herald; it’s always going to be nice to have one. That being said, what they should change is how our Might on boon trait works. Right now, if you activate all the facets, you only get like 1 stack of Might per 3 seconds because of how the pulses work. You can’t properly time the facets to maximize this trait or anything so it usually ends up only giving you a couple stacks of Might.

I would be equally happy with that type of change.

Edit: In fact having done the numbers changing the pulse frequency to 2 seconds would be a fantastic change. I love that idea and agree entirely.

(edited by Nostredeus.3105)

in Revenant

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

Love what’s happened with Mallyx, though Jalis still needs some fine tuning. Get the Inspiring Reinforcement fixed and we’re gold.

Facet of Strength could use a bit of a buff. I’d like to see around 7 or 8 stacks maintainable at base, instead of 5.

noice

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Love what’s happened with Mallyx, though Jalis still needs some fine tuning. Get the Inspiring Reinforcement fixed and we’re gold.

Facet of Strength could use a bit of a buff. I’d like to see around 7 or 8 stacks maintainable at base, instead of 5.

Yeah, personally I’m excited to try it out, though I’d like to see some stronger options for Power users on Mallyx, just to add to flavor.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Revenant

Posted by: Vyce.2014

Vyce.2014

Hey all,

Now that you mention it, the condi damage reduction really should be baseline. If the purpose of the skill is to give you and your party some burst tankiness, it’s worthless in situations where condition damage is the primary incoming source. Obviously this should be balanced with an overall smaller % reduction. And I still feel like the elite should act like the Mallyx elite in that it is a toggle/upkeep. You’d have to remove the cast time and stun break to make it an upkeep skill. But I think it would be worth it for the on-demand DR.

edit: Speaking of which… the wiki says it has a 1.25s cast time and breaks stun… how does that work? Does it only break allies that are stunned?

(edited by Vyce.2014)

in Revenant

Posted by: Fishrock.5207

Fishrock.5207

Hey all,

This sounds better to me!

I was thinking about condi damage reduction recently and that seems a little sparse right now so this could help fill in that gap.

(Also this sort of thing works quite well with warrior and Endure Pain.)

GW2 Wiki: Fishrock

in Revenant

Posted by: Angier.1047

Angier.1047

Hey Roy,

please consider limiting the hand glow to being in combat / having weapons drawn. It’s a bit much while standing idly around and with weapons sheathed. No other class follows this logic and it would dramatically improve the feeling of the Revenant when he charges into battle.

in Revenant

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Hey Roy,

please consider limiting the hand glow to being in combat / having weapons drawn. It’s a bit much while standing idly around and with weapons sheathed. No other class follows this logic and it would dramatically improve the feeling of the Revenant when he charges into battle.

Or more importantly, consider toning down the herald ground icon below ur chars feet. Keep the outer circle or remove them, but please look at the center glow for adjustments. Currently its more of a graphical hinderance for many.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in Revenant

Posted by: northlion.7608

northlion.7608

I think unrelenting assault in it’s current form is too strong in pvp. 7 hits with a 12 second cool down is alot. Even if I double dodge it would hit me 5 times without problem. If I leap away it would still catch up and if I block it, it will be off CD before my block will be.

I’d sugest increasing the cooldown on this skill or reducing the number of hits. Instead you could look at increasing the dmmg on the autoattack to keep sword a balanced weapon on revenant.

in Revenant

Kronos.2560

I think unrelenting assault in it’s current form is too strong in pvp. 7 hits with a 12 second cool down is alot. Even if I double dodge it would hit me 5 times without problem. If I leap away it would still catch up and if I block it, it will be off CD before my block will be.

I’d sugest increasing the cooldown on this skill or reducing the number of hits. Instead you could look at increasing the dmmg on the autoattack to keep sword a balanced weapon on revenant.

More damage on auto attack is nice until someone puts up a reflect and then you are SOL. No class should have a ranged projectile attack on melee auto. Just saying.

Also I think you are double dodging at the wrong time.

in Revenant

Invictus.1503

I don’t get this, the windup is rather decent warning. Any number of CC will stop this from hitting and timing isn’t hard to get down. Then there are other counters (block, invuln, dodge, etc.) if you don’t get it during the windup.

in Revenant

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

UA is basically the same as the rapid fire change that caused a lot of QQ, it’s new for people where some chose to scream

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in Revenant

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

No class should have a ranged projectile attack on melee auto. Just saying.

If I repeat it this many times does it help to get the kitten point across? This should be common sense.

in Revenant

Kronos.2560

If I repeat it this many times does it help to get the kitten point across? This should be common sense.

Ha ha I never knew I was this popular. Sniff I’m so happy! =P

in Revenant

Posted by: Calcifire.1864

Calcifire.1864

Hey Roy,

spamming the same request across multiple threads to make it seem like it’s a widespread issue when plenty of people have disagreed with you is childish.

there have been two threads on the subject where people have shown support for keeping the perma-glow, one of which you plainly showed that you didn’t care about the lore, so don’t give me any of that “improve the feeling” BS when it’s clear you don’t care about the class’s flavor.

why are you so adamant on the “disable them out of combat” when asking for a toggle in the options would be beneficical for everyone? those like me who like the uniqueness of the glow out of combat get to keep it, those like yourself who don’t like it get to hide it.

oh and Roy, may I make a request?: for herald, could you add a “drop facets” button to F3? it’s VERY annoying to have to either put my facets on CD or use up all my energy just to turn them off (especially for facet of nature, you cannot activate Imposible Odds if you have FoN up, but dropping FoN is impossible in that stance due to to not having any non-IO upkeps, the only way is to use FoN and activate the CD)

(edited by Calcifire.1864)

in Revenant

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

spamming the same request across multiple threads to make it seem like it’s a widespread issue when plenty of people have disagreed with you is childish.

Calling someone else out for ignoring a differing opinion when you yourself are ignoring a differing opinion is also quite childish. People are divided on both sides of the issue. Don’t pretend that your opinion wins just because it’s your opinion.

in Revenant

Posted by: Calcifire.1864

Calcifire.1864

Calling someone else out for ignoring a differing opinion when you yourself are ignoring a differing opinion is also quite childish. People are divided on both sides of the issue. Don’t pretend that your opinion wins just because it’s your opinion.

I have no problem with their opinion, but making a thread about it themself, posting in another thread about it, and then putting it in the upcoming BWE3 changes thread and bringing it up in the “will you main a revenant?” thread is excessive when they have nothing to do with their issue.

in Revenant

Posted by: lxghostxl.5097

lxghostxl.5097

Nice! this is my new class lol. how come Revenant actually get looked at and thought about while rangers ends in a ditch? well w/e I am now just gonna wait for the release and roll for Revenant XD.

in Revenant

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

Yep my guard just got rooted into a death sentence. He’s about to become the God of mobility and change his name to rev.