Weapon swap isn't needed.

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

The mechanics behind the Revenant class is fun, and makes sense. I think weapon swap is unneeded, and potentially ruins the idea behind it.

However, it does need a change of weapon skills of some sort that ties in with the Legends themselves, and not just the Utilities. It’d be like an infusion of the Mists into the weapon of choice. Rather than making it similar to Elementalist, but not completely like them, you could just change #1 skill chain to match the Legend whereas the rest of the weapon skills remain the same. It’d be nice to change the skill chain animation as well, just for aesthetics.

Anyways, just an idea that came to mind while playing.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Revenant

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Like adding an different effect to your AA chain depending on which legend you have active. Also, having some choices in utility skills would be nice.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in Revenant

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Like adding an different effect to your AA chain depending on which legend you have active. Also, having some choices in utility skills would be nice.

Aye, like a purplish swing with the weapon while using Mallyx, or a bluish swing when with Jalis? I like it!

in Revenant

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

Aye, like a purplish swing with the weapon while using Mallyx, or a bluish swing when with Jalis? I like it!

And a possible added effect; maybe Mallyx increases your condi damage with a stacking effect like how mesmer’s fencer’s finesse increases ferocity; and the dwarf could, I dunno, give you stacking toughness or something.

just as an idea.

in Revenant

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

Needs weapon swap and in a god kitten hurry.

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

in Revenant

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Needs weapon swap, right now.

in Revenant

Posted by: drgast.1469

drgast.1469

It either needs weapon swap or effects based on Legend Swap similar to Elemental Attunement because right now it just feels off. Honestly, I just don’t know why weapon swapping isn’t there. It would make the class far more enjoyable to play imho.

in Revenant

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

An effect based on legend like attunement would be a lot of work. Ele has very few weapons and only 4 attunements. Revenant has already more weapons than ele and the number of legends is meant to increase. It is doable if the effect is generic (like increase damage or add torment or whatever) but not if it is skill-specific.
No, I think weapon swap is really needed. Ele and engi have high versatility, I felt more the opposite for revenant. We have few skills, very limited choice (1 weapon set, 2 legends…). Also, I think there should be more utility skill for each legend so that we can pick. Not very many, maybe just 1 or 2 more, but GIVE US SOME CHOICE!!!!!!!

in Revenant

Lonewolf Kai.3682

An effect based on legend like attunement would be a lot of work.

If we were asking for all 5 weapon skills to be changed, then yes, it would be a lot of work, but that’s not what is being asked for.

It’s 1st skill on each weapon set, adding a single boon to the player or condition to the target based on the Legend being used, and a simple color change on the swing animation….

That makes a lot more sense then weapon swap.

in Revenant

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

I would be essentially fine with that. It would make the class more unique. Currently, I felt that the legend swap did not change the “flavor” enough. Changing the AA would definitely make the legend a more central element.

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

I had wondered about the possibility of tying a weapon swap into using the elite skill, but changing the AA has some merit. Definitely needs something.

What would you think of having the elite skill being a transformation into the channeled legend (analogous to Lich form or something of that nature).

(edited by Misguided.5139)

in Revenant

Posted by: drgast.1469

drgast.1469

My issue is that switching legends mainly just feels like switching kits for engi or attunements on ele, but with less impact on gameplay since your weapon skills don’t change. Think about how your gameplay changes on ele when you switch and go from fire to water (all your weapon skills change and many of your utility skills have different effects based on attunement)….or on engi going from nade kit to elixir gun to pistol/shield etc. With the Rev, you switch attunements and you get new skills, but somehow it feels off.

I think weapon swap is the simplest answer atm. It opens up builds and doesn’t make you feel quite so trapped.

in Revenant

Posted by: fluidmonolith.3584

fluidmonolith.3584

If ANet is set on not allowing weapon swapping for Rev, I think the weapons need to be really solid and versatile. We would need to be able to perform multiple roles with each weapon, and possibly function at different ranges.

Right now, Rev weapon sets are very limited in scope:
Hammer – ranged direct damage. Minor support / CC.
Staff – Support. Terrible damage. Direct damage only.
Mace/Axe – Condi damage, close range only. Minimal direct damage, and a little CC.

If Rev can’t weapon swap, I think these weapons need to be very carefully buffed not necessarily in potency, but in versatility. Hammer may need some way to deal decent sustained damage at close range, for example. Staff may need to be able to deal sustained damage. And what does Mace/Axe do from range?

Maguuma
Astaxanthas (Revenant), Hepaticus (Engineer), Eosinophus (Thief)

in Revenant

Posted by: OtakuDFifty.2965

OtakuDFifty.2965

I agree that weapon swap isn’t needed. Weapon skills just need to be buffed. It’s utterly stupid that I can go full zerk and take as long (or slower) to kill a single mob as my PVT hammer warrior.

Staff is just hilarious. Skill #5 is its only decent damaging attack, and the rest of the set benefits more from higher Healing Power. Imagine that: a melee Cleric weapon. The idea itself sounds good on paper, but… it’s a MELEE weapon. It’s a weapon that forces you to take added risks – there needs to be an incentive reward to balance that risk out, and Revenant Staff offers nothing. Everything other than #5 does pitiful damage, if any at all. Skill #2 is worthless. Whose idea was it to have a skill that does conditional Weakness? Why should you have to jump through hoops to deal 5 seconds of Weakness? Might as well make that baseline. Skill #4 just screams “make me a Blast Finisher!” #3 I’m okay with ATM, but I question why it isn’t a projectile reflect.

in Revenant

Posted by: Renkencen.6127

Renkencen.6127

It does need one (in my view) otherwise I will be sticking to hammer cos so far it is the only range weapon for them.

I mean look at Ele and Engi, their only weapons are range while Revenant can be build for close combat given the right builds.

Even then we all know being range all the time is usually not a good idea (the reflect projectile related build). Ok same can be said with melee (I never seen once anyone take on a giant in melee combat only).

in Revenant

Posted by: cocowoushi.7150

cocowoushi.7150

Disagree. Weapon swap greatly encouraged.

in Revenant

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

I think the biggest problem regarding no weapon swap is the lack of flexibility in ranged vs melee. With hammer you are bad in melee, with everything else you are bad or non existent in range. Every other profession can adapt with a weapon swap or attunements/kits to change their range capabilities but the Revenant cannot. That is one of my biggest complaints during gameplay, I feel stuck if the enemy moves toward me in hammer or away from me in anything else.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in Revenant

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

An effect based on legend like attunement would be a lot of work.

If we were asking for all 5 weapon skills to be changed, then yes, it would be a lot of work, but that’s not what is being asked for.

But changing all 5 skills is what is needed. Just tweaking aa chain, or adding some visuals will simply not cut it.

Currently Rev needs badly either weapon swap, or complete redo of weapons so they are equally useful in all stances and most situations.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

in Revenant

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

Rev with Weapon Swap. So we then have a Rev who can swap Weapons and Utilities and Elites in Combat. This is a bit too much. If this going to happen other Classes will cry for Utility Swap in Combat.
What i would like to see are, diferent Effects on Weapons depending on the Legend, like doing more Conditions while invoking Mallyx or more Support while invoking Ventari. To make each Weapon viable for more than one Legend while still having their Theme ( Like Staff being better Support than Mace Axe, which would still be better at Conditions than other Weapons )

in Revenant

Posted by: Fornax.7928

Fornax.7928

Weapon swap or have the weapon spell abilities when you change Spirits.

“So what if the universe is a pointless mass of hydrogen refuse powered by
entropy. I’m spreading ketchup on a rubber duck, and after that I’m going
to brush its teeth. So there.”-

in Revenant

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

I dont want wep swap either. I want wep skills to be effected by legends, that should solve most issues with incompatible weapons. On the first look as there are still other issues like no blocks/evades in wep skills (except staff 3), and most important no mobility, kite tools in hammer. Designed slow ruins to deal higher damage at long range, but dindt bother to add anything to actually help them maintain distance.. trololol. Ps staff 5 needs evade.

obey me

in Revenant

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Excellent ideas folks. I especially like the idea that Legends affect base weapon skills.

I also wonder if opening up a third Legend slot would be too OP’d? For balancing, legend switching and heal utilities could be put on longer cooldowns. Switching with take F1 – F3 rather, corresponding to each legend rather than having a cycler F1 function.

in Revenant

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

I think a regular weapon swap is needed, not a halfway “weapons with legends” thing. Imagine that you have 10 skills all assigned to you just by choosing your legend. There’s no customization whatsoever. No thanks!

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in Revenant

Posted by: Jermoe Morrow.9501

Jermoe Morrow.9501

Given how single purpose each weapon is, I think weapon swap would be greatly appreciated. If we don’t have a problem with engineer running around with up to 35 skills, or elementalist with 30+ I don’t see why we are getting bent out of shape with rev having 20. I mean they only get 15 now, which is technically less than normal weapon swap classes since they have f1-f5 skills that do something in addition to their baseline 15.

If anything, it would make their class mechanic more interesting, since they would be the only class that could change both sides of their skill bar completely in combat.

80s(name-race/class):Jermoe Morrow(main) – H/Ra
Blue Dorito-S/Re|Transitor-S/En |Tina Feyspirit-N/M|
Bmoe-A/T|Peter Whatsherface-H/G|Acolyte Rin-H/N