What will you miss most when you switch?

in Revenant

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

Weaponswitch to a twohanded meleedps weapon.

in Revenant

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

Switching from Guard:
- Wall of Reflection
- Easy access to stability and condi cleanse

you can trait to gain 2 stacks of stab per dodge, pretty sure that’s even easier access than guards.

Is not even close; you will not save evades (which must be used mostly against burst and dangerous attacks) just for having stability on demand, which means that oftenly when you will need that stab will not be there.

As guardian having good access to stab/stunbreakers and condition clensing will be the things I’ll miss the more.

If you’re playing Shiro at least, Riposting Shadows is an evading skill that grants 50 endurance and cleanses cripple/chill/immobilize. So it really shouldn’t be too hard to keep some sort of on-demand stability.

in Revenant

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

Switching from Guardian:
- Absolutely nothing!

I am sick and tired of all our suggestions/complaints falling on deaf ears and taking some skills/abilities 2+ years to be fixed (like shield)

Also sick of having our ICONIC utility line (spirit weapons) be worthless for again…the last 2 years without a single attempt at improving them.

Looking forward to rolling with a class where actually our complaints/suggestions are taken seriously

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Looking forward to rolling with a class where actually our complaints/suggestions are taken seriously

You really believe in that? I think you might end up being disappointed.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

Hunter.4783

Our sword auto chain #3 is still a projectile 3 years down the road. Took how long for the rev one to be fixed?

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Our sword auto chain #3 is still a projectile 3 years down the road. Took how long for the rev one to be fixed?

3 betas as far i know..in the moment where i joined the forum kittened off with a vid to show how terrible it is – and thats when we finally had it changed. Meanwhile Jalis still sux, so does Ventari. Mallyx was changed completely despite community asking politely to keep it the way it was, Shiro healing ability remains terrible as well..its all can be fixes and such but here is the thing..

Rev is a new class, one of the main selling points. When HoT launch i doubt Roy will still be around with us. Whatever wasnt fixed most likely will remain useless. Just like every other subforum we will also be complaining in future without answers making tons of suggestions and so on..it wont be any different from rest really.

in Revenant

Posted by: Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Switching from Guardian:
- Absolutely nothing!

I am sick and tired of all our suggestions/complaints falling on deaf ears and taking some skills/abilities 2+ years to be fixed (like shield)

Also sick of having our ICONIC utility line (spirit weapons) be worthless for again…the last 2 years without a single attempt at improving them.

We all know you wont be swapping off of guardian.

Lunar Fighter
Tarnished Coast, Hammer guy of [NOPE]

in Revenant

Posted by: Lauriewonnacott.9841

Lauriewonnacott.9841

Switching from ele – will miss killing whole mobs in 2 seconds.

Duhsziu – Revenant
Polyscia – Elementalist
Mercedene Underfoot – Thief

in Revenant

Hunter.4783

Switching from Guardian:
- Absolutely nothing!

Depends how many of the glaring issues are fixed within the next 11 days.

It will tell me how much they really care about Guardian

in Revenant

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

Twilight. Maybe with the next elite specialization….

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

in Revenant

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

I seriously think what I’ll miss most is down state from ele. Being able to mist form away from danger (like back into a keep, or out of a damaging field) saved me so many times.

OTOH I will likely be downed a lot less as rev…

in Revenant

Posted by: wolfpaq.7354

wolfpaq.7354

From Thief
- Shortbow 5
- Shadow Refuge

in Revenant

Black Box.9312

Switching from Guardian:
- Absolutely nothing!

I know I will. 3 years of “in a good spot”, with that spot being a point too far away for me to hurt my running enemy that I can’t CC, is more than enough for me.

in Revenant

Hunter.4783

Switching from Guardian:
- Absolutely nothing!

I know I will. 3 years of “in a good spot”, with that spot being a point too far away for me to hurt my running enemy that I can’t CC, is more than enough for me.

See? This man understands our pain. Wait till they suddenly nerf both the passive and active F1 component to “make up” for our new pull skill

in Revenant

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Switching from Guardian:
- Absolutely nothing!

See? This man understands our pain. Wait till they suddenly nerf both the passive and active F1 component to “make up” for our new pull skill

I believe you have your own thread about that so please by all means, keep it where its relevant.

Lunar Fighter

in Revenant

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

I won’t be missing anything because I’ll be playing everything.

It just so happens that I finally have a main to put center-stage in this party of alternate heroes of Tyria.

in Revenant

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

From Thief
- Condiclear that… LOL what? Nevermind, I just can’t… that’s so funny >.> a reveal murders thief, but LOOOOOOL. K. Ah that was a good one me.

On a fair note, I will still play Thief (read, Staff Daredevil) until it gets bombastically nerfed because most of the playerbase is unwilling to improve and requires developers to fix what they refuse to do on their own. =/ So what…like…two days until a “hotfix” nerf, then I’m revenant forever? And just for the hammer too. All I ever wanted was a strong range weapon which the revenant received and isn’t boring pew pewy….. see you guys on the other side.

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

(edited by Serious Thought.5394)

in Revenant

Posted by: Redattack.7836

Redattack.7836

as a guardian ? nothing realy revenant feels like an upgrade in everything lol
Guardian <<<<<< forever ignored by devs.

This. I love my Guardian, but the Revenant just seems like he can do everything a million times better. And has a better version of the speed buff Guardians have been forever begging for.

in Revenant

Posted by: The one to Rule.2593

The one to Rule.2593

seems like all guards are switching lol

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

And thiefs looking for a new class to carry them. Im not surprised in case of guardian tho..hes so kitten slow without any cc to the point that i dont understand how anyone can play him in dps build..masochists

in Revenant

The one to Rule.2593

eh, I played guardian because having access to reflects pretty much meant you were always wanted in dungeons and stuff but that seems to be changing in raids which is why I’ll be switching to a more dps oriented class like the revenant.

in Revenant

Hunter.4783

Oh yeah. Just to give you some idea, I have over 4k hours on my guard, and if a guy like me is switching over, things are REALLY bad.

in Revenant

Mightybird.6034

Oh yeah. Just to give you some idea, I have over 4k hours on my guard, and if a guy like me is switching over, things are REALLY bad.

looks over posting history holy crap. All you’ve done for I don’t know how long is complain guards suck. I clicked 5 pages back, over a year ago, and you were complaining about how bad guards were compared to wars.

At a certain point it no longer becomes worth your energy…

in Revenant

Hunter.4783

looks over posting history holy crap. All you’ve done for I don’t know how long is complain guards suck. I clicked 5 pages back, over a year ago, and you were complaining about how bad guards were compared to wars.

At a certain point it no longer becomes worth your energy…

Cuz I love the class that much

in Revenant

Mightybird.6034

So you think you’ll really switch then? Or will you go back after a week?

Cause I wonder myself if I’ll go back (to ele) as its just psychological in nature to like what’s new and shiny but end up going back to old routines.

in Revenant

Hunter.4783

Cause I wonder myself if I’ll go back (to ele) as its just psychological in nature to like what’s new and shiny but end up going back to old routines.

If I switch I’m not going back. Will transfer all my ascended sets to my new girl and leave my guard sitting naked in a corner.

This is why it’s so kitten me and why I’m upset about it (1st world problems I know)

in Revenant

Posted by: Calcifire.1864

Calcifire.1864

sometimes it is, sometimes it isn’t

I love my necro. hell, it’s a necro, love is pretty much all that keeps me there, I certainly don’t main it for damage.

but I remember also loving Scholar in FFXIV, and then Astrologian came out and I haven’t looked back since.

Revenant gives me the same feeling that AST gave me, the feeling that it is “the class I should always have mained if it was released at launch”

it’s the same reason I like Druid in WoW and AST in FFXIV: the ability to respec and have a completely different playstyle at a moments notice, druids through their shapeshifts, AST through their barrier and regen stances, and Revenant through Legends.

you know, now I think about it, I wonder what it is about that type of “gear shift” class and a “spatial” theme? druids in WoW have a celestial theme and in lore have access to a parallel dimension, AST is literally a space wizard fortune teller, and Rev uses the mists, which is the tyrian version of space and dimensions… (hell, GW2 druids also have a “gear shift” mechanic where they switch between healing and DPS stances, and they are based on space too…, and in Wildstar, Spellslingers main mechanic is the ability to enter a stance that alters their abilities, and THEY are spatial-themed too (they use the WS version of the mists, The Void))

now that I think about it, I can’t think of a single celestial or spatial themed class in any MMO without “and now for something completely different” as one of their main mechanics :/ even ESO has it with Sorcerers using their bound armor and weapons from the oblivion planes changing them from a spellcaster into a melee type

(edited by Calcifire.1864)

in Revenant

Posted by: Rhovanion.8234

Rhovanion.8234

Warrior.
Revenge(let’s be honest, who doesn’t love using this and kill that enemy player who downed you?)
Shield
Reflects from shield+mace.
The stability they provide.
Stances.
Great Sword
Elite banner
Burst shot from rifle(gotta love them 10k+ crits)
Healing signet

in Revenant

Posted by: gannondorf.7628

gannondorf.7628

I love my necro. hell, it’s a necro, love is pretty much all that keeps me there, I certainly don’t main it for damage.

but I remember also loving Scholar in FFXIV, and then Astrologian came out and I haven’t looked back since.

Revenant gives me the same feeling that AST gave me, the feeling that it is “the class I should always have mained if it was released at launch”

it’s the same reason I like Druid in WoW and AST in FFXIV: the ability to respec and have a completely different playstyle at a moments notice, druids through their shapeshifts, AST through their barrier and regen stances, and Revenant through Legends.

you know, now I think about it, I wonder what it is about that type of “gear shift” class and a “spatial” theme? druids in WoW have a celestial theme and in lore have access to a parallel dimension, AST is literally a space wizard fortune teller, and Rev uses the mists, which is the tyrian version of space and dimensions… (hell, GW2 druids also have a “gear shift” mechanic where they switch between healing and DPS stances, and they are based on space too…, and in Wildstar, Spellslingers main mechanic is the ability to enter a stance that alters their abilities, and THEY are spatial-themed too (they use the WS version of the mists, The Void))

now that I think about it, I can’t think of a single celestial or spatial themed class in any MMO without “and now for something completely different” as one of their main mechanics :/ even ESO has it with Sorcerers using their bound armor and weapons from the oblivion planes changing them from a spellcaster into a melee type

If you want spatial themed weapons just use the new legendary axe with nebula theme.
For me well, i just LOVE ritualist in gw1 more than 300h on it. I love revenant too even if it’s melee. But actually there are things i dislike and make me reconsider my choice. Mallyx and Jalis overtuned and very situational and Glint op (i don’t enjoy her, too much powerful, no energy management, can be tanky,support, dps…). Moreover i tend to not play really popular classes and revenant seems to be one of those. So i’m just waiting for see the changes on Jalis and Mallyx ( i want to have the choice of take every legend or duo legends, even without glint, and being viable, changing my playstyle). If they are not comming. Well maybe i’m going to Chronomancer. I finally found a really dapper skin for my charr mesmer so.

in Revenant

Posted by: OneKlicKill.4285

OneKlicKill.4285

My incinerator :/

I have bolt though so it’s cool, now I’d only they anounce a new legendary 1h mace. I don’t want to make the stupid disco ball for condition builds…

Please skill/trait split and give control to the PvP team. Karl is fucking killing us

in Revenant

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

i have 3450 out of 3500 hrs on a guardian

I will be swapping to rev.

I may switch back to guard if the next elite spec isn’t complete kitten

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in Revenant

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

i have 3450 out of 3500 hrs on a guardian

I will be swapping to rev.

I may switch back to guard if the next elite spec isn’t complete kitten

I seriously doubt revenant will be better than guardian for commanding on, sir commander.

Lunar Fighter

in Revenant

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

My incinerator :/

I have bolt though so it’s cool, now I’d only they anounce a new legendary 1h mace. I don’t want to make the stupid disco ball for condition builds…

bro I made every legendary rev can use except bifrost because I hate it just way too much, but ive come to love moot lol. im using fang/moot on my warrior and its just so bad—-

in Revenant

Posted by: Sarif.1827

Sarif.1827

Sunrise, and the two kitten years it took RNG to give me Dawn.

Condi Clears and heals pouring out of every button push

So the end finally comes to my Guardian of 3 years… My one and Only lv 80 Toon.

/salutewithhonor

Leader and Founder of the Shattered Sky Community.
Guild Leader of Covenant of the First Flame [Soul].

in Revenant

Hunter.4783

/salutewithhonor

Don’t worry bro and welcome to guardian 2.0

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

/salutewithhonor

Don’t worry bro and welcome to guardian 2.0

#noregrets

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Black Box.9312

Not all, obviously, but a lot, because there are a lot of people unsatisfied with the treatment (or lack thereof) that the class has been receiving. Combine that with the Dragonhunter not really resonating with a good portion of the Guardian community, and you have a host of people who are looking for something new.

And I, at least, think that the Revenant is exactly the kind of thing I’ve been looking for in this game.

in Revenant

The one to Rule.2593

If you want spatial themed weapons just use the new legendary axe with nebula theme.
For me well, i just LOVE ritualist in gw1 more than 300h on it. I love revenant too even if it’s melee. But actually there are things i dislike and make me reconsider my choice. Mallyx and Jalis overtuned and very situational and Glint op (i don’t enjoy her, too much powerful, no energy management, can be tanky,support, dps…). Moreover i tend to not play really popular classes and revenant seems to be one of those. So i’m just waiting for see the changes on Jalis and Mallyx ( i want to have the choice of take every legend or duo legends, even without glint, and being viable, changing my playstyle). If they are not comming. Well maybe i’m going to Chronomancer. I finally found a really dapper skin for my charr mesmer so.

The chronomancer is also incredibly popular lol. I’m not going with rev because it’s popular, I’m going with rev because I only have heavy ascended armor and the other two heavy classes have never really felt…..Like me i guess, Necro is more my playstyle than anything but then everyone just talks smack if you go necro. Warrior is strong and offers amazing bonus party dps, but it’s rather boring, and doesn’t require much thought to play.

Rev feels like a mix of both guadian and necro, which are my two favorite classes, so I’m hoping I can feel at home with it.

(edited by The one to Rule.2593)