Will our bugs ever get fixed?

in Revenant

Posted by: Hooglese.4860

Hooglese.4860

It has been about a year since I played revenant for the first time, in beta. Since then few, if any, bugs have been fixed. I truly do understand some are difficult to fix, like the unrelenting assault wall bug, but hammers z axis issues or reposting shadows sticking you in the ground (also a z-axis issue). Jalis and hammer, which are the oldest revenant weapons, seem to be the worst off for bugs. It’s bafflinge to the point I sincerely believe that a different team built the alpha rev (jalis and mallyx only) rather than what we have now.

It feels like I’m still playing the class in beta and its driving me insane. How the actual kitten have some of these bugs not been fixed? Phase traversals pathing issue could be fixed easily by recycling the games teleport code but it seems like they wrote new code for the teleport on it and it doesn’t work. A lot of skills could be fixed like this. A few are just implemented poorly, like Vengeful hammers and I get it, but it needs a fix cause this skill is just unusable. Then there are the absolutely inexcusable bugs, I’m talking about Envoy of Exhuberance. How does that still have an issue in either numbers or text displayed. It’s aggravating as kitten because all it says is anet doesn’t read bug reports. There is a giant bug list here , that the community developed, but not a single one has been fixed. Well the assassins annihilation one got fixed but that’s only cause it was op in PvP cause who cares about the stuff that doesn’t get used even if the only reason it isn’t used is because it doesn’t work?!

I’m clearly irate about this because despite the vastly large number of bug reports submitted there have been 0 fixes. It’s unprofessional arena net, and shame on you for not fixing it. There is no excuse for not fixing it. Being a casual game, a professional game, making new content, prioritising PvE or PvP/vise versa, it doesn’t matter since this effects every single mode in this game.

Seven months and three days ago, revenant was released and it wasn’t done. Hell most games aren’t, but after half a year something should be done. Even an apology would make me feel okay, ideally a dev saying they’re working on fixing it or a straight up bug fix. I contemplated posting hateful things to this, banible things, just to assure the devs see this. There’s nothing I know to do to get any attention to the issue and its not a little one. It limits us severely, especially in PvE.

Fix your kittening kitten arenanet.

PS: I have theories about charged mists. It’s a really good trait but it doesn’t work. The base code just needs to be rewritten, it seems to be coded into legend skills rather than energy. Its probably a miscommunication error. In the code currently written it has a energy_before>50.0 and energy_after<50.0 which raises 2 issues. 1) they use a non-integer for energy, this is shown by the energy indicator being a little above but stating 50% and when it shows that you can gain the might but not if shows 50% and lines up with the indicator. This will make the code slower, like a lot slower, I assume for the purpose of making the animation smoother, but will cause issues. 2) they probably intended for this to be combat only but didn’t program in the boolean for combat only and instead did the exclusively more than 50 variable rather than >= limiting the potentially high skill cap of the trait (given it works with weapon skills).

PvP
revenant – Hoogles Von Boogles
Mesmer – hoogelz

in Revenant

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

When the next specialization comes out, rev will be fixed.

in Revenant

Posted by: Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Ad Calendas Graecas

in Revenant

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

double post

in Revenant

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

Ha…Haha…….HA!

in Revenant

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

You think a year for bugs existing is unreasonable … I think the season veterans of this game and other MMO’s would disagree with you. That’s quite short actually.

in Revenant

Posted by: Horan.7013

Horan.7013

Is dev team at least aware of the list of bugs? Any plan on fixing them? Or are they too busy fixing the other “important” issues?

in Revenant

Posted by: dnsup.4087

dnsup.4087

You think a year for bugs existing is unreasonable … I think the season veterans of this game and other MMO’s would disagree with you. That’s quite short actually.

That doesn’t mean that a class-wide bug extant for a year is reasonable.

It means more senior players are used to them and have already acquiesced to the developer’s [lack of] response.

Dobbs/Breandan bugs in dynamic events extant since GW2 beta are among the most infamous examples (no idea of their current status). Everyone who’s completed that collection knows how long a workaround has been required (e.g. “wait for patch day, log in immediately after patch hits”). The existence of a workaround and the number of bugs with similar status is no excuse. It’s a bug in a product that causes it to perform otherwise-than-as-described. The onus is on the developer to fix it in a timely manner.

It’s not really up to you to hop on the forums and put down customers complaining about a defect. Imagine standing in front of the Wal-Mart customer service line and asking people for their complaints before they reach the counter, and telling them “Oh that’s been there for a year? That’s nothing—other people have complaints that stretch back 5 years. You’re fine.”

in Revenant

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

I still think its funny how every time I go into the water on my rev, I lose all of my utility skills and then when I get back on land, my facets don’t work, gotta swap legends then swap back lol…

But yeah, I agree. They should really be fixing stuff like that. I suppose they think it doesn’t matter since there isn’t much water combat, but in WvW now that Alpine is back, it isn’t rare anymore to have someone jump in to water to try to escape a fight. In the water, Revenant is useless.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

in Revenant

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Othe Free To Play MMOs. And even with that business model, they rarely let that many CLASS bugs go unfixed for long.

in Revenant

Obtena.7952

Actually it does. While you think it’s significant, it doesn’t make the class broken or unplayable and even less so the game. Not acknowledging the nature of bugs getting fixed and their timelines shows a significant lack of experience in MMO playing. You’re assuming they aren’t attempting to fix them and you’re assuming that bugs are easy to fix and should be done faster than a year. That’s naive.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Revenant

Posted by: Hooglese.4860

Hooglese.4860

Actually it does. While you think it’s significant, it doesn’t make the class broken or unplayable and even less so the game. Not acknowledging the nature of bugs getting fixed and their timelines shows a significant lack of experience in MMO playing. You’re assuming they aren’t attempting to fix them and you’re assuming that bugs are easy to fix and should be done faster than a year. That’s naive.

As a seasoned veteran of the game, but not other MMOs, I’d disagree. Sure in the last there have been things that have remained an issue but not in the main profession and not without an attempt to fix them. I remember echo in gw1 had problems but there were frequent acknowledgements by the devs and attempts to fix it.

I don’t think this should take a year to fix. It took a year to develop it, if it takes that long in other games then you need to take a serious look at the competency of their QA department. The thing is, I know anet is better than this, they can do better, they should do better. It’s frustrating.

The argument that other MMOs do it is always a stupid one. It would be like if a kid was caught smoking and his argument is “well billy does meth”, well Billy’s a 45yr old junky that believes the fire department is spiders; don’t do anything billy does. Billy’s gross

PvP
revenant – Hoogles Von Boogles
Mesmer – hoogelz

in Revenant

Obtena.7952

As a seasoned veteran of the game, but not other MMOs, I’d disagree. Sure in the last there have been things that have remained an issue but not in the main profession and not without an attempt to fix them. I remember echo in gw1 had problems but there were frequent acknowledgements by the devs and attempts to fix it.

I don’t think this should take a year to fix. It took a year to develop it, if it takes that long in other games then you need to take a serious look at the competency of their QA department. The thing is, I know anet is better than this, they can do better, they should do better. It’s frustrating.

The argument that other MMOs do it is always a stupid one. It would be like if a kid was caught smoking and his argument is “well billy does meth”, well Billy’s a 45yr old junky that believes the fire department is spiders; don’t do anything billy does. Billy’s gross

OK, let’s forget other MMOs’ if you think that argument is stupid. How long you THINK it should take to fix bugs is irrelevant and does not indicate any level of incompetency in their QA department. You’re also indicating there is no attempt to fix these bugs, which you have no idea of.

Funny you think the ‘other games’ arguments are stupid … then use the ‘other games’ argument yourself, referring to this echo thing in GW1.

The fact is that reference to how other games handle things and durations and the experience we have with those games is VERY relevant, because in the end, it’s all software development and the tools and methods are not so dissimilar that experience with one MMO is completely removed for any other MMO. This in fact, happens in all kinds of industries ALL the time; measuring a company performance against an industry baseline. Software dev is no different and 1 year to fix a bug in not uncommon for MMO’s. It’s not even exceptional. Furthermore, it hasn’t even BEEN a year that Rev was released. The only problem here are the unreasonable expectations of players who have zero idea of what they are talking about.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Revenant

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

OK, let’s forget other MMOs’ if you think that argument is stupid. How long you THINK it should take to fix bugs is irrelevant and does not indicate any level of incompetency in their QA department. You’re also indicating there is no attempt to fix these bugs, which you have no idea of.

Funny you think the ‘other games’ arguments are stupid … then use the ‘other games’ argument yourself, referring to this echo thing in GW1.

The fact is that reference to how other games handle things and durations and the experience we have with those games is VERY relevant, because in the end, it’s all software development and the tools and methods are not so dissimilar that experience with one MMO is completely removed for any other MMO. This in fact, happens in all kinds of industries ALL the time; measuring a company performance against an industry baseline. Software dev is no different and 1 year to fix a bug in not uncommon for MMO’s. It’s not even exceptional. Furthermore, it hasn’t even BEEN a year that Rev was released. The only problem here are the unreasonable expectations of players who have zero idea of what they are talking about.

It took them a couple of days to fix bugs that benefited the profession. Your argument is invalid.

in Revenant

Obtena.7952

It took them a couple of days to fix bugs that benefited the profession. Your argument is invalid.

That doesn’t mean anything .. you have no idea how long they were working on those bugs. Some bugs are easy to fix, some aren’t and furthermore, there is no correlation between how long it takes to fix a bug and whether or not it’s beneficial to a profession. Your simple and vague statement in no way invalidates what I have said.

Game bugs are elusive and without transparency, no one can claim if they are being worked on or not, nor comment on how Anet’s performance to resolve them, other than comparing to industry standards. Furthermore, it’s completely nonsense to simply claim it’s taking too long for a bug to be resolved. If people had a clue, they would know why.

(edited by Obtena.7952)