Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

I am quitting every other class!

Shrio….looks more fun then thief but in heavy armor with more health

The traits look like they pair extremely well with even auto attack

Auto attack simply looks like the most fun one in this game

We can weapon swap! We can now swap to range or ventari for great heal support

Shrio simply just looks FUN. Everything about it looked like it will be fun

Dual swords! We can finally play in pve with dual swords on a heavy class that isn’t condition based

Great job anet you really really have me looking forward to revenant now

that's it I quit

in Revenant

Posted by: Agent Noun.7350

Agent Noun.7350

Revenant went from “looks underwhelming” to “holy crap I want to play this right now” real, real fast.

that's it I quit

in Revenant

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

I quit Revenant.

Spammy class with no intelligent mechanics. Spam skills, wait for energy, spam some more. Boring.

that's it I quit

in Revenant

Sylent.3165

I quit Revenant.

Spammy class with no intelligent mechanics. Spam skills, wait for energy, spam some more. Boring.

Well when you put it that way that is every single other class really. But this one just looks like a blast!

that's it I quit

in Revenant

Posted by: Roy Cronacher

Roy Cronacher

Game Designer

Next

I am quitting every other class!

Shrio….looks more fun then thief but in heavy armor with more health

The traits look like they pair extremely well with even auto attack

Auto attack simply looks like the most fun one in this game

We can weapon swap! We can now swap to range or ventari for great heal support

Shrio simply just looks FUN. Everything about it looked like it will be fun

Dual swords! We can finally play in pve with dual swords on a heavy class that isn’t condition based

Great job anet you really really have me looking forward to revenant now

<3 I got a good laugh at the title. Glad you are looking forward too it.

Twitter: @RoyCronacher
I work on systems, combat, skills, and balance.

that's it I quit

in Revenant

Posted by: Scourge.1563

Scourge.1563

I am very pleased with these changes. I was planning on rolling Rev main regardless of the damage I saw was low, only cause I thought the mechanics were fun and the idea I loved but now I’m really going to be happy with it.

Naz Gul-Necro/Witch King-Revenant
Watching you Bleed makes me smile…………
Titanium Horde (TANK)(Borlis Pass)

that's it I quit

in Revenant

Posted by: Genesis.8572

Genesis.8572

I got a good laugh at the title. Glad you are looking forward too it.

The Revenant still needs work, but it’s comforting to know that you are listening or see similar issues through your own playtesting.

Will Hawkins (Human Guardian)
Feryl Grimsteel (Charr Engineer)
Tarnished Coast

that's it I quit

in Revenant

Scourge.1563

Also thanks for listening Roy that’s a good thing

(edited by Scourge.1563)

that's it I quit

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Thank you for listening to us.
Any news on energy cost on weaponskills? They did not seem to have it from the stream

that's it I quit

in Revenant

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

I quit Revenant.

Well when you put it that way that is every single other class really. But this one just looks like a blast!

Have you heard of the chronomancer’s temporal shift mechanic? I daresay it actually requires some skill to use properly. You have to actually think about when to cast certain skills because they will be reset during shift, and back on cooldown when it ends. Revenant energy is literally thief initiative with no affecting traits or skills to boost it. It’s a more passive version of thief initiative… And from a practical standpoint, it functions the same as warrior adrenalin. You just wait for it to build up and then spam spam spam. And again, at least warrior gets traits to boost adrenalin. Rev does not.

that's it I quit

in Revenant

Sylent.3165

Also thanks for listening to Roy that’s a good thing

Yes it really seems they are listening for sure. When I saw weapon swapping I knew this would become my new main. Necromancer will fall behind

that's it I quit

in Revenant

Previous

Roy Cronacher

Game Designer

Next

Any news on energy cost on weaponskills? They did not seem to have it from the stream

I had an internal command on to not use energy/recharge probably. Weapon skills cost energy.

that's it I quit

in Revenant

Scourge.1563

Yeh I love my necro but he is still huge leaps behind other classes. But I WILL enjoy the Rev

that's it I quit

in Revenant

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I had an internal command on to not use energy/recharge probably. Weapon skills cost energy.

I still think it needs to be reduced, or allow swapping legends to just be 100 (which currently feels like a 50% cap anyways, because you rarely have time to sit and build it up in a real pvp scenario). Right now using a 50 energy utility after a swap just feels really really limiting and harsh. Just some food for thought. I’d be more comfortable with energy costs on weapons if we had more energy after a swap to even use.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

that's it I quit

in Revenant

Sylent.3165

I still think it needs to be reduced, or allow swapping legends to just be 100 (which currently feels like a 50% cap anyways, because you rarely have time to sit and build it up in a real pvp scenario). Right now using a 50 energy utility after a swap just feels really really limiting and harsh. Just some food for thought. I’d be more comfortable with energy costs on weapons if we had more energy after a swap to even use.

I didn’t notice, but do auto attacks restore energy?

that's it I quit

in Revenant

ronpierce.2760

I didn’t notice, but do auto attacks restore energy?

AFAIK they do not. We actually don’t have any form of energy manipulation other than a base-line regeneration rate and swapping.

(Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.)

that's it I quit

in Revenant

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

You will still get reckt by thieves on shiro tho.

that's it I quit

in Revenant

ronpierce.2760

Depends if they do a huge decrease in cast times. hammer Mallyx does okay against thief, so if you run Shiro/Mallyx, with SS Hammer, you’ll be fine (ish). I’d imagine it’d end up being a pretty decent fight.

that's it I quit

in Revenant

lighter.2708

Depends if they do a huge decrease in cast times. hammer Mallyx does okay against thief, so if you run Shiro/Mallyx, with SS Hammer, you’ll be fine (ish). I’d imagine it’d end up being a pretty decent fight.

telegraphed slow hitting range weapon has no chance against thief, only thing i see has a chance against thieves is sword and shiro stance.

that's it I quit

in Revenant

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

New Main Confirmed.

Still needs some added protection procs on Dwarf.

that's it I quit

in Revenant

ronpierce.2760

telegraphed slow hitting range weapon has no chance against thief, only thing i see has a chance against thieves is sword and shiro stance.

Last Beta I could kill thieves. I even had DP thieves thinking Rev was somehow OP. If you use Mallyx (UA especially) correctly and now with a buffed hammer damage, it’s really no issue. Save your projectile wall for when they swap to short bow and have UA on hand for when they swap, you can toy with them really hard. I did it a lot even last beta where the class was terrible.

Mesmers are the real problem…

that's it I quit

in Revenant

lighter.2708

Last Beta I could kill thieves. I even had DP thieves thinking Rev was somehow OP. If you use Mallyx (UA especially) correctly and now with a buffed hammer damage, it’s really no issue. Save your projectile wall for when they swap to short bow and have UA on hand for when they swap, you can toy with them really hard. I did it a lot even last beta where the class was terrible.

the thieves you met must be incredible bad, or just have no idea what is a revenant.
5 is incredible telegraphed, wall is nothing for any melee set, 3 is incredible telegraphed, 2 is incredible telegraphed and closer = less damage.
im not sure how you can hit anything other then auto attack against a capable thief.

that's it I quit

in Revenant

ronpierce.2760

the thieves you met must be incredible bad, or just have no idea what is a revenant.
5 is incredible telegraphed, wall is nothing for any melee set, 3 is incredible telegraphed, 2 is incredible telegraphed and closer = less damage.
im not sure how you can hit anything other then auto attack against a capable thief.

By not being bad. Played Crusader build with lots of extra means of crit. Using UA properly simply made it hard for them to set up attacks properly. Get in a few lucky #2s and ping them down with #1, they did fairly easily simply because they were squishy. I played some decent players too. I wouldn’t talk about it if it was a random poor player. I also had my fair share of losses, and SD was really hard for me. I couldn’t even pretend to get a Mesmer close to death (best against a very good Mesmer was 25%). The new stuff will change a lot.

that's it I quit

in Revenant

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

I played in spvp with celestial and travellers, just for the heck of it. I didn’t get very many 1v1s, rather lots of lopsided battles, but the few I did have I won all but one of them.

Maybe it was they were unsure what to expect from a revenant? I dont know; but I didn’t feel the revenant was all that bad from that.

that's it I quit

in Revenant

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Interesting information on PoI today about the Revenant.

You might, Roy, ask whoever does the titles to check the spelling for your name, next time. ; )

Thanks for all your hard work.

that's it I quit

in Revenant

Sylent.3165

I really hoped shrio would have a 25% speed boost for running in the trait line if wielding 2 swords. Owell ha. Still want to play like crazy

that's it I quit

in Revenant

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

I’m with you…i’m just quitting my Necro though because frankly after 3 years of this i am tired of feeling like a tool for playing such a useless class.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

that's it I quit

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

Reaper seems pretty solid

that's it I quit

in Revenant

Sylent.3165

Reaper seems pretty solid

I was soooo set and ready for my reaper til I saw shrio legend. Now I hit a huge wall deciding what to pick. I’d most likely pick glint over shrio but the 1 and 3 sword skill with the trait line I really want

that's it I quit

in Revenant

Posted by: KronosBaelfire.6289

KronosBaelfire.6289

Yeah I’m totally stripping all my ascended heavy gear, trinkets and weapons from several toons, they no longer deserve them!!! Revenant love!!! <3 <3 <3

https://twitter.com/KronosBaelfire
http://gw2style.com/profile.php?id=9298
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” – Sun Tzu, The Art of War

that's it I quit

in Revenant

Posted by: Maris.3164

Maris.3164

I kind of feel like most of the Devastation trait line traits as well as some of the Assassin legend skills are something that the thief should have had from the start. I’m really excited for revenant but at the same time I feel a bit fearful for thief.

Jade winds is basically an upgraded Basilisk venom that is by default aoe and you don’t have to swap targets to land it on more than one target as it all happens simultaneously on all targets. Plus Basilisk venom without traiting hits only one target. Minor life siphon on attacks seems like a great way to sustain yourself, again something I wish the thief had. And dps support with Assassin’s presence. How long have thieves waited to get some sort of group support that isn’t stealth?

At this time, without the thief elite spec having been revealed, I feel like Revenant is an upgraded thief without stealth and more build options. Still, I’m very happy with these revenant changes (yay for weapon swap) and the Assassin legend and Devastation trait line. Maybe Revenant will become my new main

that's it I quit

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

the energy cost is what you’re not considering. Basilisk venom is free, while Jade winds is traded with the upkeep skill that gives perma quickness. Even if they have different cooldown, those skills take a lot of energy, making you also unable to use the dodges and the healing skill. Not to mention weaponskills lol.

After you use Basilisk venom you can burst with all your initiative, or use every 6-9 skill you want.
Revenant can’t do it. Have you tried last beta? Energy is a serious limitation atm.

that's it I quit

in Revenant

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

I found this a while ago and thought i’d share

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

that's it I quit

in Revenant

Sylent.3165

I found this a while ago and thought i’d share

That sounded extremely fierce and scary for sure

that's it I quit

in Revenant

Posted by: Maris.3164

Maris.3164

the energy cost is what you’re not considering. Basilisk venom is free, while Jade winds is traded with the upkeep skill that gives perma quickness. Even if they have different cooldown, those skills take a lot of energy, making you also unable to use the dodges and the healing skill. Not to mention weaponskills lol.

After you use Basilisk venom you can burst with all your initiative, or use every 6-9 skill you want.
Revenant can’t do it. Have you tried last beta? Energy is a serious limitation atm.

Maybe so but I was more bothered by the Devastation trait line. The way I see the Revenant legend skills is very similar to initiative, just on the slot skills instead of weapon skills. I do feel the Assassin legend specific skills look very good and I will have to get my hands on it first before I can really decide what I think of it. But as it is now, there are alot of things on Revenant Devastation trait-line as well as in the Assassin legend that thieves have wanted for a long time. I might change my mind once they release thief elite spec

that's it I quit

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

Revenant has energy + cooldown on skills, so it will never have the same burst as a thief.
Also you can spot a revenant from distance, has no invisibility (nor escapes)

that's it I quit

in Revenant

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Aww, quitting. Well, can I have your stuff?

Y’know, from those other classes you’re not using. XD

Hope you enjoy Revenant!

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

that's it I quit

in Revenant

Posted by: LCV.7245

LCV.7245

I quit Revenant.

It’s better than playing Warrior. Warriors have 1 mechanic and it goes like this: “Press this button and ignore all other mechanics for a short period of time. If your opponents aren’t dead by the time this mechanics ends, their mechanics will kill you.”

Yeah, I’d take Revenant every day of the week.

The Pleb Army | 80 Sylvari Mesmer | 80 Norn Warrior | 80 Asura Ranger | 80 Asura Necromancer |
80 Sylvari Thief | 80 Human Elementalist | 80 Asura Guardian | 80 Asura Engineer |
80 Sylvari Revenant

that's it I quit

in Revenant

Sylent.3165

I quit Revenant.

It’s better than playing Warrior. Warriors have 1 mechanic and it goes like this: “Press this button and ignore all other mechanics for a short period of time. If your opponents aren’t dead by the time this mechanics ends, their mechanics will kill you.”

Yeah, I’d take Revenant every day of the week.

You and me both. Warrior I found boring as can be. Was really excited for reaper. But heavy armor, medium health, sword as dps weapon. I’m all set

that's it I quit

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

Warrior is as it should be. The class with the most simple mechanic. A simple old fashioned brawler.
If you want fancy stuff and mechanics pick a Mesmer

that's it I quit

in Revenant

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

Warrior is as it should be. The class with the most simple mechanic. A simple old fashioned brawler.
If you want fancy stuff and mechanics pick a Mesmer

…and if you want fancy stuff and mechanics but want to still feel useless, pick a Necro!

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

that's it I quit

in Revenant

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

just found this… hilarious.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

that's it I quit

in Revenant

Previous

Roy Cronacher

Game Designer

Next

just found this… hilarious.

=(

Hopefully perception will be a bit different next iteration.

that's it I quit

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

=(

Don’t be sad, we know you’re putting effort into this.

I can totally see DPS Revenant being a thing, even if theoretical dps is still way lower then Warrior/Guardian/Elementalist.

The problem is that Revenant is not going to have much more survivability. It’s going to be kill before getting killed.

Tank Revenant won’t be possible if things don’t change.

that's it I quit

in Revenant

ronpierce.2760

To be fair, you can tell that person cared to see Revenant work, that video was pretty dang sweet regardless. :P

And the 2.0 version will be a 180.

that's it I quit

in Revenant

Posted by: Rygg.6237

Rygg.6237

Maybe so but I was more bothered by the Devastation trait line. The way I see the Revenant legend skills is very similar to initiative, just on the slot skills instead of weapon skills. I do feel the Assassin legend specific skills look very good and I will have to get my hands on it first before I can really decide what I think of it. But as it is now, there are alot of things on Revenant Devastation trait-line as well as in the Assassin legend that thieves have wanted for a long time. I might change my mind once they release thief elite spec

Legendary Assassin is meant to feel like a thief because well… it’s meant to be played like an Assassin, the thing is that it’s based on attack speed and critical damage, so the S/S base damage isn’t as high as expected, the legend skills however bring nothing worthwhile to PvE teams or WvW if you play in a zerg because: 1) Riposting Shadows is an Evade and Stunbreak, useful in PvE and WvW in skirmishes, there’s no PvE content where you need it asides mob skills like Lupicus phase 2 and 3 AoE’s or realy big AoE attacks that need that you get out of range quickly, 2) there’s no PvE content where 5 seconds of unblockable is useful it’s good in PvP to rek Guards and whatnot, 3) Impossible Odds is High Risk high Reward for skirmishes, but again it’s just a selfbuff and Chronomancer can do the same… except that it actually affects the whole party, all in all they’re suited for situations were you need to maximize damage output for yourself without thinking too much in your team mates i.e. PvP side fights/roaming and WvW roaming,

that's it I quit

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

Thief is not an Assassin. They do share traits, but Shiro never had any stealth (nor poison or traps).

Atm Revenant gets 1 thing from thief, 1 thing fron necro, 1 thing from guardian (meh, that useless jalis elite), and ventari tablet. Mainly because Revenant gets his powers from legends with different classes.

that's it I quit

in Revenant

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

=(

Don’t be sad, we know you’re putting effort into this.

I can totally see DPS Revenant being a thing, even if theoretical dps is still way lower then Warrior/Guardian/Elementalist.

The problem is that Revenant is not going to have much more survivability. It’s going to be kill before getting killed.

Tank Revenant won’t be possible if things don’t change.

The problem i noticed is similiar to guardian (mace/shield), defensive builds with low mobility can be easilly defeated trough high mobility or high damage builds (metabuilds are extremly good at this, and extremelly good within some classes), the game dont support that defensive/tactifull gameplay.

The problem is not only on the revenant.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

that's it I quit

in Revenant

Posted by: Ara.4569

Ara.4569

I am quitting necro. I have more faith in Shiro (and Mallyx) to fill the attrition playstyle.

Balance team is a bunch of clowns, hurting the game to the full extent of their abilities.

that's it I quit

in Revenant

Posted by: Zev.3407

Zev.3407

Rev will be my main also, i loved it even with the low dps, the only thing i wish would be added was shortbow

so i could go Bifrost(staff) and Dreamer(shortbow) rainbows and unicorns all day, on a class that most people will have emo colors on lool.