1sec CD on stealth attack

in Thief

Posted by: Dangus.6572

Dangus.6572

I know topic has been created. D/P oldschool thief talking.

Anet – rollback this. Not easy to land backstab without this nerf, but now its nearly imposible. Due to other class interrupts, dodge, blind and other CC. That means if you fail to land backstab once you cant do it again in same stealth cycle. This CD is too random as you cant predict evades or blocks in a matter of blink.

If this is your thief vision please remove stealth. Reveal, no backstab. Do you see thieves as clowns jumping around with endless dodge? I’d still like to be predator not clown. lurking, hitting, running away.

[Underworld][ZERK]

in Thief

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

Not easy to land ? you must be joking. pretty much easy to land if yo using it right. Which according to what you say, you dont.

in Thief

Dangus.6572

Not easy to land ? you must be joking. pretty much easy to land if yo using it right. Which according to what you say, you dont.

I’m not talking about before change. It was really ok. After nerf it’s not. Or you havent encountered experienced players.

[Underworld][ZERK]

in Thief

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

I’m not talking about before change. It was really ok. After nerf it’s not. Or you havent encountered experienced players.

Ah that is different I have yet to play it competitve after the patch
“Not easy to land backstab without this nerf” seems straight forwad though

in Thief

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

If this is your thief vision please remove stealth. Reveal, no backstab. Do you see thieves as clowns jumping around with endless dodge? I’d still like to be predator not clown. lurking, hitting, running away.

points to Daredevil

I think that’s the answer right htere.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Thief

Posted by: omega.3758

omega.3758

Anet doesn’t know what the role of the thief is. From its latest patch I guess stealth isn’t part of that role. I vote for them removing the Shadow Arts trait line and all stealth from thief. Why even give the thief stealth when mesmer and engineer do a better job at it.

in Thief

Dangus.6572

I ask game makers to reconsider on this. Change it back. No CD. You added /upset emotion specially for thieves.

This is just a reminder message. Hopefully gets some attention…

/upset

[Underworld][ZERK]

in Thief

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

with server lag in wvw u cant even hit ppl even if they are standing next to u and now we have to wait 1 sec everytime we missed? might as well nerf every auto attack everytime u missed u have to wait 1 sec for every class.

(edited by Taxidriver.2043)

in Thief

Posted by: martin.1653

martin.1653

I guess thief got… backstabbed by anet!

insert Horatio meme

in Thief

Posted by: Ikihiki.2316

Ikihiki.2316

Even though i play thief as my main character, this nerf is good.

Thief is not the easiest class to play, but spamming backstab + attack-chain + shadow shot was making it too easy.

This change separates good thieves, that can adapt to the situation, from the mindless metabuild copiers.

Go big or go home

Im on fire in Ring of Fire

in Thief

Posted by: TakeCare.3182

TakeCare.3182

Thief is not the easiest class to play, but spamming backstab + attack-chain + shadow shot was making it too easy.

This change separates good thieves, that can adapt to the situation, from the mindless metabuild copiers.

This change doesn’t do anything significant enough to separate the good from the bad. The only thing it does is reinforce the meta build. I’ve played D/D thief since the game’s release and the disparity between the D/D and D/P has never been greater. In fact, this change had a little (if any) effect on D/P, but it demolished D/D.

YouTube channel
Thief | Mesmer | Elementalist

(edited by TakeCare.3182)

in Thief

Dangus.6572

No it’s not. I play in wvw mainly and now it’s impossible to hit someone in group, unless guy is standing still.

Mindless thieves are easy to kill even before and after nerf.

[Underworld][ZERK]

in Thief

Dangus.6572

I mostly concerned about thieves not daredevils. DD can evade a lot and stealth is optional for them. standard daredevil makes – backstab chain and 44444. Meanwhile thieves are the ones who has to make good timing out of stealth to deal damage. Thief without stealth = dead. Switch to DD? Nope I dislike DD gameplay. So Anet – do not destroy build variety. Do not push us to use new classes. Some of us are old and grumpy. Do not cripple us with such nerfs.

Please at least let us know you read any of such threads…

[Underworld][ZERK]

in Thief

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

thats pretty much uncalled nerf but the lame d/p weapon set situation had gotten out of hand and needs to be dealt with

however i dont understand why all thief builds once again have to suffer because d/p should be nerfed instead of just removing smoke combo field from P 5

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

in Thief

Posted by: Kageseigi.2150

Kageseigi.2150

Except even good Thieves aren’t good enough to win against good players of other professions.

I think a lot of people are missing out on that big picture. Even if the Thief were not touched with the patch, it would still be an inferior fighter against most other professions.

In other words, the Thief needs to be ONLY buffed Not nerfed. Not ignored.

Yes, some builds and weapon sets need more buffs than others. But nerfs are NOT called for. And even IF something deserved a nerf, I would argue it would be passive defenses (Instant Reflexes/Hard to Catch) and the ability to do damage by dodging. But the current Thief needs such abilities just in order to compete.

Adding a cooldown on a Stealth Attack is petty and unneeded. If that’s what separates good Thieves from bad, then the Thief is in an even worse state than I thought.

Suggestions to overhaul the Thief…

* * * Thief Trait Shakeup * * *

in Thief

Posted by: godmoney.6025

godmoney.6025

thats pretty much uncalled nerf but the lame d/p weapon set situation had gotten out of hand and needs to be dealt with

however i dont understand why all thief builds once again have to suffer because d/p should be nerfed instead of just removing smoke combo field from P 5

Please stop asking for nerfs to d/p – rather ask for buffs/reworks to the current underperforming weapon sets. That’s what we need.

La Fantoma – Aurora Glade

in Thief

Dangus.6572

You can take 5% from backstab if you want but do not make thieves cripple.

[Underworld][ZERK]

in Thief

Posted by: TheDarkSoul.1938

TheDarkSoul.1938

So yeah, I actually had a proper play-around with my Thief today for the first time after the patch and yes, this change is absolutely crippling to D/D. It just DOES NOT WORK as a weapon set anymore. I felt totally and utterly ineffective, it’s just too easy to dodge CnD, CnD is still hitting like a wet noodle, Backstab still hits like a wet noodle against most professions besides thief and mesmer, and on top of all that the CD after the CnD means if we miss that backstab for whatever reason we are DONE. It’s just far too punishing risk-wise, with literally no reward.

Arenanet, I really, really hope you’re reading this (though I know you aren’t, and if you are, you should have replied to the many threads regarding this issue already and shame on you for not doing so) because this change is a joke. Yet again you’ve taken the incredibly lazy, braindead method of nerfing the meta build which is to just blanket nerf the entire proffession, which is exactly what we didn’t need. You’ve hardly touched the build you were aiming for and instead totally gutted the weapons that really needed the help. Give yourselves a pat on the back for a job well done. /s

Fissure Of Woe – [lpe]
I Silent – Thief
…. That’s about it.

in Thief

Dangus.6572

At last, I found a easy fix how to live with 1sec CD.

Anet devs listen carefuly. Please make backstab hit 5 targets with a range 1200. And you can leave this CD. Otherwise – remove it.

[Underworld][ZERK]

in Thief

Dangus.6572

of course adding 1 sec to head shot would be nice idea. also if you dodge nothing – add 1 sec CD. And why only thieves – add 1sec CD for mesmers, Scrappers, stealth druids and other classes. m?

[Underworld][ZERK]

in Thief

Dangus.6572

Anet please remove this cripple mode from thief.

[Underworld][ZERK]

in Thief

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

If we are asking for reverting Nerfs I want the pre June 26 Flanking Strike/ Larcenous Strike back. But this is Anet we are talking about, they won’t admit they were wrong and revert a nerf they will just nerf another portion of the thief with no thought or compensation

in Thief

Posted by: rennlc.7346

rennlc.7346

What if we just stopped playing and got our lives together?

in Thief

Posted by: Grebcol.5984

Grebcol.5984

This 1s CD is really disgusting because when you are out of ini and misses ur backstab u even can’t autoattack…lol? Pls Anet fix this!