2 Questions: Icons and Lords

in Thief

Posted by: Kageseigi.2150

Kageseigi.2150

My first question is one due to a hiatus from the game. Having just recently returned, I’ve found that there seems to no longer be special icons for the HoT specializations. Yet I still read team chatter about there being a Druid or whatever on the other team before the match even begins. Is there actually any way to know if that is the case before meeting them in combat?

The second question concerns lords in maps like Legacy and Stronghold. What is the best way to deal with the lord? And how does a Thief deal the most damage to the lord? If I’m first on the scene, I usually try to take out the guards. But the Lords are quite stout for me… even as a DA/CS Zerker Thief. Yesterday, my whole team was attacking the Stronghold lord, and I was constantly attacking with auto-attacks and Shadow Shots, then Heartseekers when the lord’s health was under 50%. But I could barely dent it.

Thanks for the help! :-D

Suggestions to overhaul the Thief…

* * * Thief Trait Shakeup * * *

in Thief

Posted by: Asrat.2645

Asrat.2645

We know they are druids because nobody plays base specs.
Elites are superior so everybody uses elites. Those who dont are not much of a threat.

The best thing a thief can do with lord is skip at lord.
Of course you can pull of a lordrush, but its dangerous and I rather have my team do the rush while I carry for the decaps.
If you do it, use blinding power and AA. Make sure you pull all the mobs in one place so they stay blinded and watch out for the lords heal to interrupt it.

in Thief

Posted by: Kageseigi.2150

Kageseigi.2150

Thank you kindly! :-)

Suggestions to overhaul the Thief…

* * * Thief Trait Shakeup * * *

in Thief

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

The second question concerns lords in maps like Legacy and Stronghold. What is the best way to deal with the lord? And how does a Thief deal the most damage to the lord? If I’m first on the scene, I usually try to take out the guards. But the Lords are quite stout for me… even as a DA/CS Zerker Thief. Yesterday, my whole team was attacking the Stronghold lord, I was constantly attacking with auto-attacks and Shadow Shots, then Heartseekers when the lord’s health was under 50%. But I could barely dent it.

Thanks for the help! :-D

The stronghold lord is just too much to handle by yourself ( maybe you can scratch him with a condi build but not even sure ). If you really want to push just kill the guards. As for legacy, you should start by killing the casters because their lightnings are annoying. then once you are alone against the lord just AA in the smokefield and stealth just at teh end of it. The best way is to practice in the heart of the mist.

It still takes time to kill it by yourself, it often not worth doing it.

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]