Ankle Shot working correctly?

in Thief

Posted by: El Psy Congroo.7965

El Psy Congroo.7965

Is Ankle Shot working as intended?
I don’t really notice any more damage output using this trait.
(I know it only works when foe is crippled)

Should I just trust that I am indeed making more damage?

in Thief

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

these things are much harder to test nowadays, because we don’t have weapons with fixed damage values anymore. not sure how you’d test those 10% reliably.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Thief

Posted by: Mops.5316

Mops.5316

Testing this is rather easy you just need a lage enough sample.
The problem with this specific trait is rather that you have this crappy requirement of your target having to be crippled for the 10% mod.

in Thief

Posted by: El Psy Congroo.7965

El Psy Congroo.7965

I tried switching between Practiced Tolerance and Ankle Shot and just spam Skill 1 to Medium Golems on PvP Lobby, and I tend to do more damage (up to 1600) with Practiced Tolerance on Criticals (while around 1200 with Ankle Shot), funny thing is I tend to do more damage as well on non-critical hits, around 550 with Ankle Shot and 600 with Practiced Tolerance, which shouldn’t be the case as Practiced Tolerance just gives Ferocity right? And ferocity only affects Critical Hits, while Ankle Shot should affect Basic Hits as well.

So I believe there’s something wrong with Ankle Shot.
Now of course I only tested this with around 15-20 Medium Target Golems.

in Thief

Posted by: Nomad.4301

Nomad.4301

Made a post on this after the pistol buff patch: Here

Basically if you pay attention to the tooltip for unload/vital shot after taking Ankle Shots you’ll notice it will flip over and the damage actually drops by around 24-26% for those two skills after equipping it (also affects shadow shot) this is likely because when they increased the skills damage last patch and ‘fixed’ the range on ankle shots they forgot to update ankle shots to the new coefficient meaning taking ankle shots will give you the old pre-buff version of the pistol skills. It will still increase your damage by 10% against crippled targets but it’s still an overall damage loss of 14%+ even greater when the target isn’t crippled.

In short: Don’t take ankle shots right now; it’s currently very much broken and does the opposite of its intended effect.

in Thief

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

Ankle shots ACTUALLY nerfs your damage, but also secretly increases your range to 1050. Either the tool tip is wrong or they need to update this.

in Thief

Posted by: Strategist.6132

Strategist.6132

I thought they fixed the range bug to not have the increase at all. Mmm lets hope that this gets fixed!