Are thieves good for WvW?

in Thief

Posted by: Dezarys.1372

Dezarys.1372

My plan with WvW thief is Shortbow for zergs.
Dagger/Dagger for solo or 5 man.

Precision Crit Damage Build.

Guild Leader of Oakvale [Vale]
http://oakvale.enjin.com

in Thief

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Limited range aside, yes, Thieves are good in WvW.

in Thief

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

with a d/d bs build, good for a kill every 45 seconds, followed by death

all in all, i actually prefer the p/d condition/stealth build more then the d/d burst, as toying with 15 people for 10 minutes is more enjoyable for me then bursting a single person every now n then when i find them.

but all in all, yes, theif’s are good in WvW, with many different builds

in Thief

Posted by: Blueshield.6291

Blueshield.6291

Thieves are great in WvW! Just be prepared to have everyone and their mothers kittening about how OP your stealth is. For some reason nobody seems to realize that every class has a unique survivability mechanic…

in Thief

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

great in wvw, meh to lol in pve/dungeons
our most useful advantages we can do : weakness,vulnerability and blind are so nerfed vs defiant mobs/bosses…

in Thief

Posted by: Stiv.1820

Stiv.1820

Yes.

stealth + mobility + openworldpvp = alwaysagoodchoice

in Thief

Posted by: Grizledorf.5290

Grizledorf.5290

My plan with WvW thief is Shortbow for zergs.
Dagger/Dagger for solo or 5 man.

Precision Crit Damage Build.

That’s what I run with in WvW. The Damage from shortbow is very lethal. Cluster bomb has 1200 range… Poison field works great against the righteous indignation buff and your normal auto attack hits 3 people really hard and quick. You will definitely want to make or buy Omnomberry Pie or ghosts. With that food buff your cluster bombs give you TONS of heals from the lifesteal.

in Thief

Posted by: supergica.8652

supergica.8652

The fact that 1 in every 2 posts in the WvW forums is about how much people hate thieves should give you an idea of how efficient it is.

The key in WvW for thieves is carefully choosing your targets. You can use any build you want, but make sure you know your strengths and what counters your build.

in Thief

Posted by: Centhis.5071

Centhis.5071

Thieves look like a lot of fun in WvW to me. Me (Ranger) and my bud (Mesmer) have been thief hunting for the past month because we hate you guys so much lol. To us, the hardest to kill are dagger dagger. With the two of us combined and seasoned in fighting you guys, we both have to do everything perfect to kill one and its usually because the thief is overconfident. When we come accross one that doesnt have that (pardon the expression I know its not the right way of saying it) “perma” stealth with high bust damage you guys are pretty soft though

in Thief

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

Thieves are very good in wvw. Once (if) they fix the rendering coming out of stealth they will be slightly less good and gc thieves might suffer very badly.

Right now with stealth the way it is you can down 2-3 people as a gc and never render on people’s screen. Doesn’t even have to be in a big group fight.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-