Armor penetration? For new thief thingie?

in Thief

Posted by: Yuki Aburame.5283

Yuki Aburame.5283

Overtime every class has gone through buff and nerfs. And while some good, most classes have kept getting small buffs and new things, and thief just… balanced, not much new. Every class can now burst people, most better (more reliable) than the thief.

Every class now has their own x% + damage traits and sometimes many. Now, thief does have these and many of them. But those don’t help the thief deal with the bunkers that have gotten so many damage mitigation and invulnerability traits and skills.

The Revenant can hit trough block with both a skill and a trait to handle a bit of that. (but i don’t want to copy paste skills across the classes… always.)

Thief should have it’s own thing again. Armor penetration?
Not just a x% + damage but a ignore x% armor or toughness. Would not make squishy targets blow up much faster since they have low armor. But it would make bunkers actually take some damage again. And give the Thief someplace in pvp (except the runner)

Could be added ether into the existing traits (some changes) or skills/weapon skills.
(Vulnerability is a thing already. But other classes can apply it much faster than thief.)

(I’m bored so I wrote this.)
Thoughts?

in Thief

Posted by: AsurasRCute.4136

AsurasRCute.4136

It’d be ‘on crit, % chance to…’ I guess? Sounds good!

in Thief

Posted by: Vornollo.5182

Vornollo.5182

If they keep it Thief only… Sure, otherwise we’ll be in a much worse spot then we are already.

[PUSH] Constant Pressure

in Thief

Posted by: solus animus.8549

solus animus.8549

I like this, it was in gw1 based on critical chance. As you said it would allow us to hit bunkers and hardly add anything to glass. Maybe have it do +% armor penetration up to xx%

in Thief

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

‘Ignore X% of armor’ and ‘do (10000/(100-X)-100)% more damage’ do exactly the same thing in this game.

in Thief

Posted by: MindWipe.3028

MindWipe.3028

i would love that. Thief would be good in gank again and i would even play this game again

in Thief

Posted by: Vornollo.5182

Vornollo.5182

Or a Passives Penetration…
I’d love to punish those players that survive solely due to the ridiculous abundance of Passive Procs…

[PUSH] Constant Pressure

in Thief

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

I want to see gw1’s deep wound make a come back with thieves,
“Here let me steal 10-15% of your health”

in Thief

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

I want to see gw1’s deep wound make a come back with thieves,
“Here let me steal 10-15% of your health”

decent life-steal would be an interesting route to go down. give thieves a form of sustain that isn’t tanking but isn’t just avoiding damage either.