[BUG] Flanking Strike (Trickery)

in Thief

Posted by: Cronicle.5691

Cronicle.5691

So after testing my build i came to see that currently the CD reduction on tricks (Trickster) in Trickery reduces Flanking strikes Haste by more than 20%.

Currently if you grab Flanking strike and then haste the CD on it triggering will be the 32 seconds instead of 48 seconds. When not taking Trickster, it will have its regular cd of 60 seconds. The regular haste ability which you can slot in your utility remains normal but this leads to flanking strike triggering ever 32 seconds (Which i can time perfectly with my venoms) so i know when ill get a massive burst with damage and poison damage.

AS much as i love this little kitten and the cd on it… i see that it is way too strong for hybrid d/d builds who run dagger training and Spider venom as you can easily reach 18 stacks of poison which will finish off your opponent in seconds if I didnt get the killing blow yet. (This goes for pure power specs too)

It should have its proper cd on it when you take trickster.

in Thief

Posted by: Jesiah.2457

Jesiah.2457

Dagger Training is a joke, don’t even try to act like it’s worth something. Venoms and poison on steal inflate the #’s from Dagger Training and really, that crap-tier trait does not need to be called OP because of quickness.

Seriously, please. Let’s not give Anet a reason to take an already worthless trait and make it even more worthless because you found a bug with Anet’s typical coding garbage.

in Thief

Posted by: Kageseigi.2150

Kageseigi.2150

So after testing my build i came to see that currently the CD reduction on tricks (Trickster) in Trickery reduces Flanking strikes Haste by more than 20%.

Whispers
Umm, we know that. Please delete this thread before it attracts attention, ok? That’s why I haven’t spread the word ;-)

Besides, look at it as balancing the fact that there is a cooldown on Trapper’s Respite… or that the Acrobatics trait line is not as useful as it should be. Also, non-thieves will be happy because it gives us a reason to choose Trickster over Bountiful Theft.

Just smile, wink at Anet, and walk away whistling a happy tune! ;-)

Suggestions to overhaul the Thief…

* * * Thief Trait Shakeup * * *

in Thief

Posted by: Decus.8602

Decus.8602

I believe the trait is bugged in another regard too, the tooltip reads it as a proccing the trick ultilty, but if you pick Improvisation and get a reset on tricks it doesn’t reset flanking strike. Considering it is affected by the cd reduction(even if the values are off) it should also be affected by the utility reset from flanking strike right?

[dF]Vuu Thief/Mesmer – Desolation

in Thief

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Normally I’d agree to fix a bug no matter how enjoyable it may be, but considering the damage this patch did to our defensive trait lines, just let us have it.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Thief

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

Normally I’d agree to fix a bug no matter how enjoyable it may be, but considering the damage this patch did to our defensive trait lines, just let us have it.

Nope.

“But my class is so weak without it” is never an acceptable excuse for a Bug/exploit. If the incorrect timer reduction is accurate, it should be fixed.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

(edited by evilapprentice.6379)

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Nope.

“But my class is so weak without it” is never an acceptable excuse for a Bug/exploit. If the incorrect timer reduction is accurate, it should be fixed.

Or haste (the utility) can have its CD reduced to 40 seconds instead to make it consistent.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Thief

Posted by: uglydan.1638

uglydan.1638

Flanking strike, even on a 60 second (48 second traited) CD, is a very good trait, at least for my build. It allows me to put down a nice burst in no time.

At least for my current build, it has earned a permanent place.

in Thief

NinjaEd.3946

Nope.

Never said my class cannot live without it, the fact that we took such a hard hit to SA and acro they should fix the skill to make that value make sense rather than nerf this “exploit”. It doesn’t make or break thief, but don’t make it sound like cancer.

in Thief

evilapprentice.6379

Nope.

Never said my class cannot live without it, the fact that we took such a hard hit to SA and acro they should fix the skill to make that value make sense rather than nerf this “exploit”. It doesn’t make or break thief, but don’t make it sound like cancer.

It doesn’t matter what exact words you used. It doesn’t matter the scale of the bug. No matter what the current conditions you think your class is in, it does not and never will justify ignoring a bug.

If you have complaints about the quality of the thief changes, bring them up – don’t claim a bug is fine because you feel the class doesn’t have enough defenses. Not that this bug should be particularly high in Anets list (it’s not like Grenade Barrage), but it should most certainly be fixed.

While we’re talking about bug fixes, let’s also ask where the heck that 10% additional base to withdraw is. I’d like to see Anet at least acknowledge that it’s in the pipeline to fix.

in Thief

Posted by: alchemyst.2165

alchemyst.2165

Nope.

It doesn’t matter what exact words you used. It doesn’t matter the scale of the bug. No matter what the current conditions you think your class is in, it does not and never will justify ignoring a bug.

If you have complaints about the quality of the thief changes, bring them up – don’t claim a bug is fine because you feel the class doesn’t have enough defenses. Not that this bug should be particularly high in Anets list (it’s not like Grenade Barrage), but it should most certainly be fixed.

While we’re talking about bug fixes, let’s also ask where the heck that 10% additional base to withdraw is. I’d like to see Anet at least acknowledge that it’s in the pipeline to fix.

Chill fam, you’re making it sound like this is a horrible exploit that breaks the game. It’s not like that CD reduction is making thief broken. Besides, maybe it isn’t even a bug, they probably would have fixed it by now. Maybe it’s just a typo.

in Thief

evilapprentice.6379

Nope.

Chill fam, you’re making it sound like this is a horrible exploit that breaks the game. It’s not like that CD reduction is making thief broken. Besides, maybe it isn’t even a bug, they probably would have fixed it by now. Maybe it’s just a typo.

I’ll quote and bold the pertinent part for you below.

Additionally, they haven’t fixed Grenade Barrage or the base healing of withdraw yet, have they? Maybe those are intended. It would be strange though, at least in the case of withdraw, where the notes say it should have had a 10% base healing buff.

The sentiment “my class isn’t so good right now, can’t we just ignore the bugs?” isn’t a good one.

in Thief

Posted by: alchemyst.2165

alchemyst.2165

Nope.

Additionally, they haven’t fixed Grenade Barrage or the base healing of withdraw yet, have they? Maybe those are intended. It would be strange though, at least in the case of withdraw, where the notes say it should have had a 10% base healing buff.

The sentiment “my class isn’t so good right now, can’t we just ignore the bugs?” isn’t a good one.

That’s actually not what I’m trying to say. Maybe I should just put it like this: Who cares? It’s not that big a deal. I mean I guess I wouldn’t care either way, whether they kept it at a 32 second CD or a 48 second, but I’m just saying don’t flip out over people “exploiting” something that isn’t even confirmed as a bug for one thing (I mean it most likely is, but there could be other explanations is what I’m saying). People are going to use it whether its a bug/“exploit” or not.

Also, if it’s a bug, you could still argue that the proper cooldown should be brought to what it is now, so it wouldn’t necessarily be “ignoring” the bug but rather changing it, because yes, the fact that thief isn’t in a good spot right now actually does give us reason to have some sort of buff. Then again, it would be buffing our damage even more (well I guess it wouldn’t be a difference because of what it is now) when we need balance in other areas, but I’m going off topic.

in Thief

evilapprentice.6379

Nope.

That’s actually not what I’m trying to say.

I never said you were – the personal I originally quoted sure was though.

Maybe I should just put it like this: Who cares? It’s not that big a deal. I mean I guess I wouldn’t care either way, whether they kept it at a 32 second CD or a 48 second, but I’m just saying don’t flip out over people “exploiting” something that isn’t even confirmed as a bug for one thing (I mean it most likely is, but there could be other explanations is what I’m saying). People are going to use it whether its a bug/“exploit” or not.

My only comments were about those who said it “shouldn’t be fixed” because of the state thief was in, no judgement on those that are using it. Like you said, the bug isn’t very noticeable or powerful, it’s not changing the course of any fights significantly (as opposed to, again, Grenade Barrage) Also, if you think anything I’ve said constitutes “flipping out”, I’d love to see how you react when someone near you raises their voice. Honestly, it’s almost as if you read 3 words of my replies, decided to make up the rest in your head, and responded to that instead.

Also, if it’s a bug, you could still argue that the proper cooldown should be brought to what it is now, so it wouldn’t necessarily be “ignoring” the bug but rather changing it, because yes, the fact that thief isn’t in a good spot right now actually does give us reason to have some sort of buff. Then again, it would be buffing our damage even more (well I guess it wouldn’t be a difference because of what it is now) when we need balance in other areas, but I’m going off topic.

Yeah, an extra 12 seconds off of Flanking strikes isn’t going to make or break thief, so hoping this is a bug that gets turned into a buff is just as worthless as hoping that it’s a bug that doesn’t get fixed quickly.

in Thief

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

Just a thought: What if the haste on flanking strikes =/= haste the utility and that it’s CD is separate from the original? It wouldn’t be the only trait like that.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

in Thief

NinjaEd.3946

That’s actually not what I’m trying to say.
[/quote]
I never said you were – the personal I originally quoted sure was though.

Maybe I should just put it like this: Who cares? It’s not that big a deal. I mean I guess I wouldn’t care either way, whether they kept it at a 32 second CD or a 48 second, but I’m just saying don’t flip out over people “exploiting” something that isn’t even confirmed as a bug for one thing (I mean it most likely is, but there could be other explanations is what I’m saying). People are going to use it whether its a bug/“exploit” or not.

My only comments were about those who said it “shouldn’t be fixed” because of the state thief was in, no judgement on those that are using it. Like you said, the bug isn’t very noticeable or powerful, it’s not changing the course of any fights significantly (as opposed to, again, Grenade Barrage) Also, if you think anything I’ve said constitutes “flipping out”, I’d love to see how you react when someone near you raises their voice. Honestly, it’s almost as if you read 3 words of my replies, decided to make up the rest in your head, and responded to that instead.

Yeah, an extra 12 seconds off of Flanking strikes isn’t going to make or break thief, so hoping this is a bug that gets turned into a buff is just as worthless as hoping that it’s a bug that doesn’t get fixed quickly.
[/quote]

You’re still making it sound like this bug is a sin and should not be used until you see it fixed. People don’t see this trait as overpowering, they don’t see it as dangerous buff, its honestly a breathe of fresh air to the million thief players using thrill of the crime with their d/p build. Whether they fix it for you or they treat it as a unique form of haste as alchemist said, it would be nice to see a buff rather than yet another case of fix the skill not the tooltip.

Ever have a teacher miss a question as being wrong, then bring it to their attention and they admit their mistake but let you have it? Can’t we have nice things or is that not allowed?