Backstab. What numbers should i be seeing?

in Thief

Posted by: GrandHaven.1052

GrandHaven.1052

So i am still learning thief and i have a question.

I rarely get backstabs above 6k in pvp? Am i doing something wrong or is this normal?

This isn’t vs ele or other classes with high protection uptim or frost armoe. Don’t even wanna talk about that sad number.

I am using marauder + pack runes.

in Thief

Posted by: ESKan.6782

ESKan.6782

Not giving you an answer, sorry!

But I picked up the game again after about 6 months of downtime and backstab’s damage seems greatly decreased, for some reason. The old Cloak and Dagger to stab combo usually doesn’t even hit for more than 50%. Sad times were had! I’m not sure thieves can actually do attrition…

[PD] – Far Shiverpeaks.
Nameless Inversion/Ascension/Evasion/Ruination/Impression/Perdition/Compassion/Tactician
Guild Wars 2 will be an amazing game when it’s finished. Compare Prophecies to EotN!

in Thief

Posted by: Evilek.5690

Evilek.5690

6k is normal DMG.

Evilek lvl 80 Charr Thief Why no ?
Fredy Brimstone lvl 80 Mighty Warrior
Oupí lvl 80 Immortal Guardian

in Thief

GrandHaven.1052

6k is normal DMG.

kitten . And if i run berserker with vamp runes? What’s normal then?

in Thief

Posted by: Evilek.5690

Evilek.5690

6k is normal DMG.

6k is max what you make vs 95% players without might,vurnerability or Assassin’s Signet.

Evilek lvl 80 Charr Thief Why no ?
Fredy Brimstone lvl 80 Mighty Warrior
Oupí lvl 80 Immortal Guardian

in Thief

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

6k is normal DMG.

0 b/c you’ll be dead before doing anything lol

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

you are lucky if you get 6k tbh
other classes just have either high access to protection and/or weakness + most builds we see atm in pvp are bruisers
that is why i find it beyond hilarious when someone actually complains about backstab damage when it is very rarely reason why someone died

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Thief

GrandHaven.1052

6k is normal DMG.

0 b/c you’ll be dead before doing anything lol

Yeah i kinda expected to be a lot more
squishy. Still kinda okay though, ill give it a go.

Would be cool to somehow hover around 14k hp. Seems to be the sweet spot for my death/live. 17k seems like im wasting stats that could have gone to dmg

in Thief

Posted by: darkaheart.4265

darkaheart.4265

test out the damage on this calculator i made

download, enable editing and put your stats
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1iodwf45qwlx5nu/Gw2%20damage%20calculator.xlsx?dl=0

i7 3770k @ 4.5 ghz|Z77X-UD5H Motherboard|16GB @ 1600Mhz|GTX 1080|Corsair AX750 PSU|Windows 10 Home

in Thief

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

Ahem cough cough http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAoaVlsMhOnYhTwxJw/EHwEkPMxpN7Os8UoTQA2NA-TpRBwAROBAX3fYxhAgcZAAHBgHPAAA

Never seen a 6k backstab before, I assume it’s cuz I’m amazing =P

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

in Thief

Posted by: Tasao.4623

Tasao.4623

I’ve personally taken 11k backstabs recently in sPvP.

in Thief

Posted by: assassin.7895

assassin.7895

I’ve personally taken 11k backstabs recently in sPvP.

PROVE IT!

in Thief

Posted by: Tuomir.1830

Tuomir.1830

Hmmh, I’ve done backstabs up to 17k, but that’s with a full trap setup, zerker stats and scholar runes. In other words, if you don’t kill your enemy within the next few seconds of the traps going off, you’re dead.

Only fools and heroes charge in without a plan.

in Thief

Posted by: assassin.7895

assassin.7895

Hmmh, I’ve done backstabs up to 17k, but that’s with a full trap setup, zerker stats and scholar runes. In other words, if you don’t kill your enemy within the next few seconds of the traps going off, you’re dead.

Why do you even post this kitten? You can’t kill your enemy within a few seconds, it’s impossible. If you think that’s much watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeZKmrKQZ_0
Something a thief would not be able to pull off.

in Thief

Posted by: Tuomir.1830

Tuomir.1830

Why do you even post this kitten? You can’t kill your enemy within a few seconds, it’s impossible. If you think that’s much watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeZKmrKQZ_0
Something a thief would not be able to pull off.

I don’t quite follow what you are saying. OP asked for backstab numbers, I told the kind of numbers a particular setup can get, and the drawbacks to it. I don’t really see how you’d have a problem with that.

Only fools and heroes charge in without a plan.

in Thief

GrandHaven.1052

I find 6k stupid. I main engi and a single grenade barrage on kitten soldiers gear does 6k on average with around 10 might.
Marauder does more than double that.
This makes no sense

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

I find 6k stupid. I main engi and a single grenade barrage on kitten soldiers gear does 6k on average with around 10 might.
Marauder does more than double that.
This makes no sense

Welcome to the thief.
Enjoy your stay.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Kageseigi.2150

Kageseigi.2150

I’ve been running a signet/trapper build in PvP. Glassy as can be, but can be intense. I landed a 17.8k backstab on another Thief.

I usually run a more sustainable build, but I though I’d give this overblown “decap and +1 role” thing a try. So I make it a point to stay away from EVERYONE on my way between points… yippie, such fun! /sarcasm

So I (de)cap a point, set Shadow Trap, then go to the next point. If I see my trap triggered, I activate Assassin’s Signet and Shadow Pursuit, then lay my Tripwire on top of them. (Thank you fellow trapper thieves for the concept!)

I did run Needle Trap instead of Assassin’s Signet, but it takes extra time, and also gives the enemy more time to react. I was using Scholar Runes, but changed to Vamp Runes so I could actually have a chance at surviving if things went South.

Wasn’t too useful in Stronghold, though, haha! :-P

Suggestions to overhaul the Thief…

* * * Thief Trait Shakeup * * *

in Thief

Posted by: Bloodyx.5946

Bloodyx.5946

So i am still learning thief and i have a question.

I rarely get backstabs above 6k in pvp? Am i doing something wrong or is this normal?

This isn’t vs ele or other classes with high protection uptim or frost armoe. Don’t even wanna talk about that sad number.

I am using marauder + pack runes.

0 bc you’ll die from burning/retaliation before doing any damage

(edited by Bloodyx.5946)