"Balance" Patch - Dagger hitting 2 enemies

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

So apparently, both necro’s and thief’s daggers will be able to hit/cleave 2 enemies.

I think this makes the thief even more susceptible to “teef OP” threads…
Also, kind of wondering if backstab will also hit on 2 enemies…. (that would be funny)

:D anyways I predict that there will be new QQ’s about how thieves can now hit multiple targets and how that’s OP.
TBH I kind of hope there’s new QQ’s…

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Posted by: Bazzoong.7145

Bazzoong.7145

It will only affect the #1 chain (and explicitly not backstab), and even there it will not affect the endurance gain on the last strike.

The only situation where this will be good is vs. mesmers with the clone on dodge trait and maybe against those 2 good rangers in this game…

in Thief

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

i’m pretty sure we only got that buff so that the weapon’s cleave is the same across professions, and necro really needed some cleave.

if people QQ because the autoattack is hitting their pet/illusion/minion as well… just tell them to please never PvP again.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

it will happen guys… just you watch…

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

BrunoBRS.5178

of course it will, doesn’t make it less stupid. it’s not like we need buffs to get daily QQ threads.

in Thief

Posted by: Wolfield.9812

Wolfield.9812

Condition Mesmers will be an even harder counter to Thief now, since we can blow up so many more of there clones while trying to dps them.

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Condition Mesmers will be an even harder counter to Thief now, since we can blow up so many more of there clones while trying to dps them.

This. I use daggers for high single target dps, in some situations cleave is not so great.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in Thief

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

Good bye mesmer camping inside clones. Hello D/D necro’s that’ll forever farm their DS twice as fast

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

in Thief

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

If they showed you only get endurance from 1 target then it will be same for necro. They wont get double life force

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Thief

BrunoBRS.5178

Good bye mesmer camping inside clones. Hello D/D necro’s that’ll forever farm their DS twice as fast

i imagine the life force generation will only tick once, just like the endurance regen on thief dagger.

in Thief

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

You’re trying to add to the list aren’t ya? Choking gas crits will show up soon enough

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Thief

Posted by: FZeroWing.2098

FZeroWing.2098

I am just waiting for my AoE Backstab

Mugentora S/D Thief [BT]
Sea of Sorrows

in Thief

BrunoBRS.5178

You’re trying to add to the list aren’t ya? Choking gas crits will show up soon enough

dat 400 damage tho

in Thief

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP:

There will always be complaints about thiefs. That said, the two biggest PvP specs, S/D and D/P both took a big nerf. I think it is much more likely that you will see fewer teams running a thief in tournament play as time goes on.

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

@OP:

There will always be complaints about thiefs. That said, the two biggest PvP specs, S/D and D/P both took a big nerf. I think it is much more likely that you will see fewer teams running a thief in tournament play as time goes on.

Are you kidding? Venom Aura and lite-cleave of dagger AA is something we’ve always wanted. Applying venom to twice as many per stack is godsend.

Yay for ArenaNet for knowing what is good for the Thieves!!!

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

Posted by: Platanos.8107

Platanos.8107

@OP:

Are you kidding? Venom Aura and lite-cleave of dagger AA is something we’ve always wanted. Applying venom to twice as many per stack is godsend.

First, I’m not that good at detecting sarcasm, so if that is sarcasm, then oops.

Venoms don’t work that way. If you auto 3 enemies at once, that venom stack is going to decrease by 3 not just one. You can try it out and see if you can petrify multiple people with basilisk venom.

in Thief

NinjaEd.3946

@OP:

First, I’m not that good at detecting sarcasm, so if that is sarcasm, then oops.

Venoms don’t work that way. If you auto 3 enemies at once, that venom stack is going to decrease by 3 not just one. You can try it out and see if you can petrify multiple people with basilisk venom.

Would be nice if they made it work that way ya know? The thing that sucks is if you “cleave” and some of the targets block or evade you you still consume the charge(s).

in Thief

BrunoBRS.5178

@OP:

Would be nice if they made it work that way ya know? The thing that sucks is if you “cleave” and some of the targets block or evade you you still consume the charge(s).

you know how they could make it work that way? if venoms worked for a time frame like the new warrior signet of strength, instead of charges ;P

in Thief

NinjaEd.3946

@OP:

you know how they could make it work that way? if venoms worked for a time frame like the new warrior signet of strength, instead of charges ;P

Ehh same issue as before DV and BV would be impossible to balance. For some venoms I agree especially with spider for the sake of leeching venom sustain but imagine a cluster bomb +skale nuke?

in Thief

BrunoBRS.5178

@OP:

Ehh same issue as before DV and BV would be impossible to balance. For some venoms I agree especially with spider for the sake of leeching venom sustain but imagine a cluster bomb +skale nuke?

there would have to be some number tweaking, maybe it would end up with an ICD, but if warriors can get 6 seconds of “do whatever you want, they can’t even block you anymore”, i don’t see why not.

keep in mind that immobilize can only be stacked like, 3 times, and stuns always override the previous stun. the only real problem is, like you pointed out, AoE. but when you think about it, it’s not that much stronger than some stuff other classes have. it only works for a brief duration, its effect lasts a few seconds at best, and then it’s back to CDland.

(edited by BrunoBRS.5178)