Caed | Brief Guide / Q&A

Caed | Brief Guide / Q&A

in Thief

Posted by: Narcarsis.5739

Narcarsis.5739

Honest question.

Do you think there’s a place for D/D thieves anymore? It’s a setup I’ve always loved since starting this game, and always seem to fall back on it. It generally serves me somewhat well in WvW.

Only thing I’d run D/D in would be PvE (raids), and the only time I’d take it over staff would be with a good/experienced group. Haven’t quite tested it but theoretically it should nudge out staff if your group knows how to control boss (where to pull VG, how to keep Gorseval and Sabetha still).

Caed | Brief Guide / Q&A

in Thief

Posted by: Sarrow.2785

Sarrow.2785

Sick game vs final form. Some really nice ult stomps – good work!

Admiral Mournn, Tarnished Coast

Caed | Brief Guide / Q&A

in Thief

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

What traitline would you consider more important
Deadly Arts or Trickery?

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Caed | Brief Guide / Q&A

in Thief

Posted by: dedeih.1756

dedeih.1756

Haven’t been able to read the whole thread and you have probably gotten this question a lot but is s/d still viable on the thief?

Caed | Brief Guide / Q&A

in Thief

Narcarsis.5739

What traitline would you consider more important
Deadly Arts or Trickery?

Trickery

Caed | Brief Guide / Q&A

in Thief

Narcarsis.5739

Haven’t been able to read the whole thread and you have probably gotten this question a lot but is s/d still viable on the thief?

Not in my opinion, damage is too low and the survivability isn’t on par with other builds.

Caed | Brief Guide / Q&A

in Thief

Posted by: Invictorum.7643

Invictorum.7643

In terms of WvW, would your D/P or Staff builds work well enough? The first two on your twitch page.

Caed | Brief Guide / Q&A

in Thief

Posted by: Minlow.2874

Minlow.2874

Hey Caed, what do you think about the Steal change? How much does this affect the class and your builds?

Caed | Brief Guide / Q&A

in Thief

Narcarsis.5739

In terms of WvW, would your D/P or Staff builds work well enough? The first two on your twitch page.

Both should work.

Caed | Brief Guide / Q&A

in Thief

Narcarsis.5739

Hey Caed, what do you think about the Steal change? How much does this affect the class and your builds?

Annoying. The change babies players – hopefully it gets reverted.

Caed | Brief Guide / Q&A

in Thief

Posted by: Muchacho.2143

Muchacho.2143

I’ve enjoyed reading this thread. I’m new to the game (just picked it up a month ago) and after watching your match this past week, you inspired me to give the thief a try. I’m only rank 30 in pvp so far, so obviously my experience won’t necessarily reflect that of people with higher MMR, but I’m having a fun time with your build. I love the mobility. None of the other classes I’ve tried give you as much freedom to move around the map. Any advice to somebody very new to the class?

Caed | Brief Guide / Q&A

in Thief

Posted by: Tarkan.5609

Tarkan.5609

I’ve enjoyed reading this thread. I’m new to the game (just picked it up a month ago) and after watching your match this past week, you inspired me to give the thief a try. I’m only rank 30 in pvp so far, so obviously my experience won’t necessarily reflect that of people with higher MMR, but I’m having a fun time with your build. I love the mobility. None of the other classes I’ve tried give you as much freedom to move around the map. Any advice to somebody very new to the class?

Don’t get used to winning in Solo Q.
Seriously, whether a Thief is useful in a comp or not depends on the comp and how they use it (as caed mentioned before in this thread).
Played two pvp Solo Q matches today (not a lot of time)… when I was on my thief (champion shadow, main for two and a half years), we lost 350-500, when i tried revenant (been casually playing rev from time to time since HoT) we won 500-100…

maybe it was just luck but that reflects basically the last month of pvping

EDIT: nevertheless, stick to thief if its fun. thats what most of thief mains nowadays did, despite of losing.

PvP, Teef & Engi

(edited by Tarkan.5609)

Caed | Brief Guide / Q&A

in Thief

Muchacho.2143

Don’t get used to winning in Solo Q.
Seriously, whether a Thief is useful in a comp or not depends on the comp and how they use it (as caed mentioned before in this thread).
Played two pvp Solo Q matches today (not a lot of time)… when I was on my thief (champion shadow, main for two and a half years), we lost 350-500, when i tried revenant (been casually playing rev from time to time since HoT) we won 500-100…

maybe it was just luck but that reflects basically the last month of pvping

EDIT: nevertheless, stick to thief if its fun. thats what most of thief mains nowadays did, despite of losing.

I’m all about playing games to have fun. I mean, I like winning, but I’m not trying to be a pro or anything. Just want to have a good time. My first thief game actually went pretty well. I had a good personal score, managed to consistently get caps on nodes and give my team advantages in fights. Reasonable damage output, and some clutch elite finishes. It was a close game and we ended up losing to an unfortunately timed lord race on Legacy of the Foefire. Overall, the class is feeling like a good fit starting out. I had a blast.

Caed | Brief Guide / Q&A

in Thief

Posted by: Invictorum.7643

Invictorum.7643

Honestly, keep to Thief even during the times when it’s weak.
When Thief comes back up to a balanced state again? You’ll be used to outplaying everyone to win, so once you’re on the same playing field you’ll be a league ahead.

Caed | Brief Guide / Q&A

in Thief

Narcarsis.5739

Be persistent, keep practising and don’t blame others for losses – even if a win wouldn’t happen there is always something that you can improve on. Find it and fix it, win or loss.

Caed | Brief Guide / Q&A

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Is there any pro-players ever complain about the “bug” on Withdraw where its CD increased by 3s but the healing didn’t get the buff they said they will do?

This change happened way back in June of this year.

I think if the pro-players complains about this, it might get the fix it deserves.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Caed | Brief Guide / Q&A

in Thief

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

What do you think of this build?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAsYWn0MBFOhlOBemCkmildCzbKEFuCbBgazBa+A+AvgA-TZRBABR8AAivMwGHCgZ2fAgzAAA

I haven’t actually tried it out in practice but I like sword and dagger primarily for the daze stun chains and shadowstepping utility (besides swords simply have the coolest skins in the game) while the eagle runes are to reduce the opponent’s chances of recovering. If I get the opponent below 50% then getting a 6% damage increase would burst them down even faster thus widening the gap between our respective hit points. It’s also when interrupts should be kept in mind since they’ll eventually try healing back above the 50% threshold.

Staff is the raw DPS plus blinding weapon, vault isn’t a problem since I have ground targeting locked to target so I don’t have to juggle moving with targeting as I’m holding down my mouse buttons. I have switch to chill since that slows their cool downs.

I’ll think about swapping out critical strikes for something else though and I only use it in PvE to make up for the crit and ferocity loss from a crusader helmet, zealot shoulders and pants, and marauder chest and boots (nearly all accessories are berserker however). Since in PvP I’d go marauder as I think I’d have enough crit to justify dumping critical strikes. Is acrobatics still a joke? I might also dump sword/dagger for shortbow if that’s optimal.

And last but not least…how would I deal with druids? Goal mostly being interrupts until team can burst them.

Caed | Brief Guide / Q&A

in Thief

Agemnon.4608

When Thief comes back up to a balanced state again? You’ll be used to outplaying everyone to win, so once you’re on the same playing field you’ll be a league ahead.

I really like that line of reasoning, but the problem is your team will be mad at you for running an underpowered or even simply non-meta class. Maybe practice dueling in guild halls?

Caed | Brief Guide / Q&A

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

I really like that line of reasoning, but the problem is your team will be mad at you for running an underpowered or even simply non-meta class. Maybe practice dueling in guild halls?

Gonna have to be careful if you do that since:

1) Guild hall arenas don’t have any capture points or changing terrain. Mobility and moving around the maps are key components of PvPing as a Thief, so getting in to a “duel to the death” mentality might mess you up when you go back to Conquest
2) They’re in PvE maps, which means equipment and stats scale wildly higher compared to the controlled amulets. An ascended Warrior can easily land a 10k+ Arcing Shot on a semi-tanky target. Be mindful of what you’re wearing.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Caed | Brief Guide / Q&A

in Thief

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAsaVn8lCFmiVmCemCkmiFYCzLNcGaDzdwT4KULBEAyAA-TJBFABCcKAue/hqKDAwTAAA

Made full post, but I figured I’d ask here too- anyway to make this instagib harder? So far the V-F1-3 combo 100-0s players.

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

Caed | Brief Guide / Q&A

in Thief

Muchacho.2143

Maybe it’s because I’m at a lower MMR, but I haven’t run into many complainers so far. One or two have said something like “these thieves” but overall, nobody seems to be getting upset. I also try to talk to my team before the game starts, be nice and set a positive vibe. I don’t get wounded if people get upset with me. I’ve been gaming a long time and the most toxic players I’ve run into in this game are nicer than the nicest people in games like League of Legends. I just play and try to improve.

Caed | Brief Guide / Q&A

in Thief

Agemnon.4608

Gonna have to be careful if you do that since:

1) Guild hall arenas don’t have any capture points or changing terrain. Mobility and moving around the maps are key components of PvPing as a Thief, so getting in to a “duel to the death” mentality might mess you up when you go back to Conquest
2) They’re in PvE maps, which means equipment and stats scale wildly higher compared to the controlled amulets. An ascended Warrior can easily land a 10k+ Arcing Shot on a semi-tanky target. Be mindful of what you’re wearing.

Yeah I kinda thought about the gear and rune issue (I want to practice duels in guild halls as a daredevil and druid but even if stats are wildly different rotations should still be similar). I’d craft exotic marauder stuff for thief but celestial would be a real challenge. I’d have the easiest time practicing on my ele since he’s full ascended celestial except one ascended dagger is berserker though his ascended staff is celestial. My ele is ready to go, the thief and druid on the other hand should ditch their crusader, zealot, and marauder armor pieces for pure marauder and celestial respectively to be more exact. My ranger successfully dueled a revenant, elementalist, and other druid relatively recently so I’m already getting used to it and even 1v2’ed a guardian and ele (though my team softened those up beforehand). Since druids have pets, insta daze, and six second stability that lasts longer than the black hole charge in celestial avatar form I don’t know how proud of myself I should be. The other druid had a pet spider (mine was smokeskale) so that was a fair 2v2 though.

Caed | Brief Guide / Q&A

in Thief

Agemnon.4608

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAsaVn8lCFmiVmCemCkmiFYCzLNcGaDzdwT4KULBEAyAA-TJBFABCcKAue/hqKDAwTAAA

Made full post, but I figured I’d ask here too- anyway to make this instagib harder? So far the V-F1-3 combo 100-0s players.

Looks way too squishy and rune of evasion doesn’t seem that great considering cripple is trivial to cleanse and since lots of fighting happens in close quarters they can hit you whereas ranged would still be able to hit you for a little while. Cripple is nice but not dedicate a runeset nice. I’d go marauders and replace bandit’s shield with signet of agility. I’d swap out one of the elemental runes for a +5% damage rune. That’s straight up damage which will also balloon with crit. Let’s say you have that sigil and do a 1,000 hit non crit, if you crit with 200% ferocity you’ll do 3,000 damage. Without the sigil you’ll do 950 damage and crit for 2,850. Just wanted to use a nice round number for the sake of simplicity. 5% doesn’t seem like a lot but it adds up over time. Paired with eagle runes (should be more your style since you’re going for a fast burst down single target style) should do well. I’m not familiar with all rune types so there could be something even better. Some swear by scholar’s but to me they seem impractical because staying above 90% seems unrealistic.

Caed | Brief Guide / Q&A

in Thief

Serious Thought.5394

@Agemnon- Retal knocks me into 75% range pretty often. Are you sure on Eagle? I was swapping back and forth and I set on Evasion because it gives fury (for 3 seconds, if the fight lasts longer than that… well then its a fight over an assassination) and does between 600 and 1000 damage on my bound dodge which does between 2 and 5k with a chance to proc air or fire, which makes for a very nuclear combo (evasion rune damage proc, bound damage proc, mug damage proc, possible air or fire, possible pulmonary). Along with the cripple, it sets chaining pistol whip very nicely as many players won’t process the cripple and will just try to do something like strike back.

Is dropping my basic guarantee into a combo that does between 9000 and 23000 (crits, procs, etc) for eagle runes worthwhile? I’m more than willing to swap ofc, I just wanted to explain the reasoning. Thanks for the answer mate =). I’m trying to train myself to go full glass and literally evade all incoming damage through “mad jukes max esl pro league reaction … stuff… idk how far that meme goes” which is why I have no defense.

Edit: Damage range is because toughness. I hate toughness

Caed | Brief Guide / Q&A

in Thief

Agemnon.4608

I’m not positive on Eagle but it seems like it has its uses. With three dodges and quick dodge regen you can dodge many knockbacks while staff and some utilities have interrupts to ensure the opponent stays below. Since it’s only 5% extra damage below 50% health it might be intended to be a PvE rune set only because the 5% extra damage is more meaningful on bosses with hundreds of thousands of hitpoints but should still be felt in PvP especially with high HP classes like warriors and necros.

Fury is a boon, which means it can be stolen or converted into a condition by some classes. I don’t care for pistol whip in PvP since it’s rooting though I can see where it’d come in handy with good group coordination (AoE CC for example where a bunch of minions and players will have to eat at least a lot of the pistol whip) but doesn’t seem to have as much utility as sword/dagger though s/p 5 has some good uses. Not my style overall though.

You’ll have lots of mobility but people will know better than to chase you and you still only have three dodges, there’ll be more nukes flying around than you could dodge.

There’s a lot I still have to learn though but eagle seems to work well in WvW (I haven’t done it before massive nerfs however and they seem fine on staff or d/d ele at least.)

Caed | Brief Guide / Q&A

in Thief

Posted by: rennlc.7346

rennlc.7346

Hey, Caed. Congratulations on the victory over Final Form. It was a very entertaining and exceptional performance by both you and the rest of the Spoookie roster. Something Shnicky said about you in the post-game interview he did with the commentators was “He knows when to play staff and he knows when to play D/P”. Could you elaborate on the type of maps, match-ups, compositions, and/or perhaps even players you would switch to D/P against?

Caed | Brief Guide / Q&A

in Thief

Posted by: omgdracula.6345

omgdracula.6345

I was just curious if you could explain the mechanics of using Black Powder. I know its a smoke field, but how can you combo it with certain skills? Sorry if it’s a dumb question I just don’t understand how that all works.

Also I see a lot of thieves using d/d in ranked pvp. Any idea why?

Caed | Brief Guide / Q&A

in Thief

Narcarsis.5739

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAsYWn0MBFOhlOBemCkmildCzbKEFuCbBgazBa+A+AvgA-TZRBABR8AAivMwGHCgZ2fAgzAAA

I haven’t actually tried it out in practice but I like sword and dagger primarily for the daze stun chains and shadowstepping utility (besides swords simply have the coolest skins in the game) while the eagle runes are to reduce the opponent’s chances of recovering. If I get the opponent below 50% then getting a 6% damage increase would burst them down even faster thus widening the gap between our respective hit points. It’s also when interrupts should be kept in mind since they’ll eventually try healing back above the 50% threshold.

Staff is the raw DPS plus blinding weapon, vault isn’t a problem since I have ground targeting locked to target so I don’t have to juggle moving with targeting as I’m holding down my mouse buttons. I have switch to chill since that slows their cool downs.

I’ll think about swapping out critical strikes for something else though and I only use it in PvE to make up for the crit and ferocity loss from a crusader helmet, zealot shoulders and pants, and marauder chest and boots (nearly all accessories are berserker however). Since in PvP I’d go marauder as I think I’d have enough crit to justify dumping critical strikes. Is acrobatics still a joke? I might also dump sword/dagger for shortbow if that’s optimal.

And last but not least…how would I deal with druids? Goal mostly being interrupts until team can burst them.

I wouldn’t run without shortbow in PvP. As for traits I’ve explained above the difference between critical damage modifiers and damage modifiers. That being said I’d take Deadly Arts over Critical Strikes (yes, Acrobatics is still lacking). Personally I think the build you have lacks enough damage to be useful. You give up Staff Master (both defensive and offensive trait) and Bound (not only direct damage but a damage modifier). Dash isn’t a dodge I’m fond of (also outlined above).

As for dealing with Druids you have to have bound and you have to make sure you land everything. Vaults, dodges, auto attacks, etc. If you miss anything you will likely lose pressure to be able to kill them. Make your dodges count (evade an attack and land damage on them or you will fall behind). Also make use of the Healing Seed.

Just my 2c.

Caed | Brief Guide / Q&A

in Thief

Narcarsis.5739

The only way to get more damage outside of a rune swap is to drop Panic Strike for Revealed Training and dodge out of Black Powder while engaging. This could backfire though if they can just walk out of your Pistol Whip. Wouldn’t exactly recommend Assassin’s Signet but if it’s more damage you want that would add to it (I’d take Signet of Agility over Assassin’s).

Caed | Brief Guide / Q&A

in Thief

Narcarsis.5739

Hey, Caed. Congratulations on the victory over Final Form. It was a very entertaining and exceptional performance by both you and the rest of the Spoookie roster. Something Shnicky said about you in the post-game interview he did with the commentators was “He knows when to play staff and he knows when to play D/P”. Could you elaborate on the type of maps, match-ups, compositions, and/or perhaps even players you would switch to D/P against?

D/P is a lot more of a hit and run or assassin type of gameplay. It’s better to play against burst comps when you can team stealth and you have the option of picking people off quickly. When fighting bruiser or bunkers you won’t kill people fast enough on D/P and your sustain is weak in comparison. Occasionally you could swap to target a specific player as well but it’s risky to focus on 1 person when the game is 5v5.

Caed | Brief Guide / Q&A

in Thief

Narcarsis.5739

I was just curious if you could explain the mechanics of using Black Powder. I know its a smoke field, but how can you combo it with certain skills? Sorry if it’s a dumb question I just don’t understand how that all works.

Also I see a lot of thieves using d/d in ranked pvp. Any idea why?

Anything that you can do on D/D you can do on D/P – and then some. That’s why you won’t find it in PvP.
Black Powder can be used with Headshot (projectile finisher) to apply a blind after your daze, potentially negating two attacks. You can use it to stealth with Heartseeker or Bound (leap finisher), or you can team stealth with Blinding Powder or Cluster Bomb (blast finisher).

Caed | Brief Guide / Q&A

in Thief

Narcarsis.5739

Is there any pro-players ever complain about the “bug” on Withdraw where its CD increased by 3s but the healing didn’t get the buff they said they will do?

This change happened way back in June of this year.

I think if the pro-players complains about this, it might get the fix it deserves.

It’s been mentioned several times.

Caed | Brief Guide / Q&A

in Thief

Agemnon.4608

I wouldn’t run without shortbow in PvP. As for traits I’ve explained above the difference between critical damage modifiers and damage modifiers. That being said I’d take Deadly Arts over Critical Strikes (yes, Acrobatics is still lacking). Personally I think the build you have lacks enough damage to be useful. You give up Staff Master (both defensive and offensive trait) and Bound (not only direct damage but a damage modifier). Dash isn’t a dodge I’m fond of (also outlined above).

As for dealing with Druids you have to have bound and you have to make sure you land everything. Vaults, dodges, auto attacks, etc. If you miss anything you will likely lose pressure to be able to kill them. Make your dodges count (evade an attack and land damage on them or you will fall behind). Also make use of the Healing Seed.

Just my 2c.

Thank you very much for the input. I thought not taking shortbow would be at least be viable but my reasoning for potentially switching it out for sword/dagger is if you need the initiative to get away you likely won’t have it so I was thinking from a purely combat perspective and didn’t think about decapping points.

I’ve decided on Deadly Arts, like I said the Critical Strikes was influenced too much from PvE familiarity and I only take it over Deadly Arts there is to make up for a precision and crit deficit from a crusader helmet and a couple of zealot pieces, but a marauder trinket in PvP invalidates that reason since it gives good enough crit and ferocity especially with eagle runes.

Staff master looked very attractive but the dodge removing a condition looked important since burn and others put on too much pressure, but thinking about it I think it’s impractical since one condition isn’t worth it especially since the really nasty stuff is always somehow low on the priority list and conditions always come in batches, rarely ever just one. So yeah staff master it is.

I took dash over bound because of just how much CC there is but bound looks great for gap closing and damage.

Caed | Brief Guide / Q&A

in Thief

Narcarsis.5739

Thank you very much for the input. I thought not taking shortbow would be at least be viable but my reasoning for potentially switching it out for sword/dagger is if you need the initiative to get away you likely won’t have it so I was thinking from a purely combat perspective and didn’t think about decapping points.

I’ve decided on Deadly Arts, like I said the Critical Strikes was influenced too much from PvE familiarity and I only take it over Deadly Arts there is to make up for a precision and crit deficit from a crusader helmet and a couple of zealot pieces, but a marauder trinket in PvP invalidates that reason since it gives good enough crit and ferocity especially with eagle runes.

Staff master looked very attractive but the dodge removing a condition looked important since burn and others put on too much pressure, but thinking about it I think it’s impractical since one condition isn’t worth it especially since the really nasty stuff is always somehow low on the priority list and conditions always come in batches, rarely ever just one. So yeah staff master it is.

I took dash over bound because of just how much CC there is but bound looks great for gap closing and damage.

Just keep in mind those are just my preferences – the more you change towards my preferences the more you’ll find your build being the one I posted. I just gave my thoughts on what you took, but you should always run what works for you. I play fairly aggressively so I prefer the damage over the defensive, I also don’t think that there’s much reason to run that build over another class because it doesn’t provide much aside from mobility. If you’re killing people though, stick with what works for you.

Caed | Brief Guide / Q&A

in Thief

Posted by: Jsnx.6258

Jsnx.6258

Hi Caed, I just want to ask. I’m having a hard time matching up with ENGI who plays a lot of Gyro with hammer, any tips? thanks in advance rooting for team Spookie btw

Caed | Brief Guide / Q&A

in Thief

Posted by: zdrtx.5920

zdrtx.5920

Hey Caed, it’s been fun watching you in pro league so far. I know you said earlier that you must use shortbow in PvP, you really like Deadly Arts, and you don’t think Acrobatics is great, but… I’m wondering if you have tried a build like this: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Build-Daredevil-Staff-Staff-cheese/first. I’m not a pro, but I’ve been having fun and success with it in PvP. What do you think? Have you ever tried something like this? I think it might hit a little bit harder and have a little bit more survivability than your staff build.

Big Ball, Sudbear Freepaw, Zaderi
Sea of Sorrows

Caed | Brief Guide / Q&A

in Thief

Serious Thought.5394

The only way to get more damage outside of a rune swap is to drop Panic Strike for Revealed Training and dodge out of Black Powder while engaging. This could backfire though if they can just walk out of your Pistol Whip. Wouldn’t exactly recommend Assassin’s Signet but if it’s more damage you want that would add to it (I’d take Signet of Agility over Assassin’s).

Thanks. I realized a few days ago (beginning of league,ish) that I preferred nuking to dueling and that if I could kill someone faster than they could retaliate then I’d be fine in all bases. Might try that BP/V/F1 with RT over PS. Am worried about the walkout, maybe swapping my Palm Strike for Devourer Venom? I already have Impairing Daggers for the other root and Bandit’s Defense could be swapped as well, though it is my only stunbreak in case I have to react…

Caed | Brief Guide / Q&A

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I mean there’s always signets if you’re really intent on bursting.

Just building burst damage gets you nowhere in this current balance state.

Caed | Brief Guide / Q&A

in Thief

Serious Thought.5394

Signet’s have shorthanded burst, not sustained burst (crazy concept). I am capable of annihilating Revenants, Reapers, a few DH’s (I hate that daze so hard), most tempests, many other thieves, and so on. Trouble is from scrapper because 100% block uptime is 100% block uptime. Have to time Headshot for that Hammer 3, and 5. Have to steal into whirl or pistol whip. Have to run for my life from Hammer 4. Then wait it out via the blocks on the Wrench Kit thing, then some distance makers from Elixir so on so on. Siiiiiiiiiiiiigh. Still, 8/9 professions being nukable is a great booster to confidence ^.^

Had a funny moment I killed a Revenant in that Herald shield thingie with 4 pulm stacks. Trait procced and he just expired.

Caed | Brief Guide / Q&A

in Thief

Posted by: Anymoify.8132

Anymoify.8132

Do u even enjoy playing thief w/o stealth?

Caed | Brief Guide / Q&A

in Thief

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

just switched to revenant and won 7/8 games. Thief is crap for decap only

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

Caed | Brief Guide / Q&A

in Thief

Agemnon.4608

Signet’s have shorthanded burst, not sustained burst (crazy concept). I am capable of annihilating Revenants, Reapers, a few DH’s (I hate that daze so hard), most tempests, many other thieves, and so on. Trouble is from scrapper because 100% block uptime is 100% block uptime. Have to time Headshot for that Hammer 3, and 5. Have to steal into whirl or pistol whip. Have to run for my life from Hammer 4. Then wait it out via the blocks on the Wrench Kit thing, then some distance makers from Elixir so on so on. Siiiiiiiiiiiiigh. Still, 8/9 professions being nukable is a great booster to confidence ^.^

Had a funny moment I killed a Revenant in that Herald shield thingie with 4 pulm stacks. Trait procced and he just expired.

That…was awesome! Congratulations. How do you deal with the teleport attack/evade attack? Seems best to proc invulnerability and wait until their energy is depleted but thief doesn’t have that option. That attack should be an elite on a decent sized cooldown but with rebalanced modifiers that assume it isn’t spammable. So it would hit harder but do less overall since it can’t be used as often.

There’s no honor in winning with Akuma, but if you beat Akuma it’s a real achievement.

(edited by Agemnon.4608)

Caed | Brief Guide / Q&A

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Stealth stops that skill dead in its tracks. When I see s team with 1 or even more revs I drop bandits defence for blinding powder.

Not really tried that pulm strike thing.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

Caed | Brief Guide / Q&A

in Thief

Serious Thought.5394

What Disgrace said- UA seems to completely bug out in stealth so blinding powder+bound= no damage. Also it has a fairly decent animation so headshot it- if you have trouble spotting it, have a Revenant friend help you practice. If it remains a humongous problem get the Ambush Trap that spawns the extra Thief and drop it.

Caed | Brief Guide / Q&A

in Thief

Posted by: iZakari.1076

iZakari.1076

Hey Caed, what are your thoughts on S/D builds?

Caed | Brief Guide / Q&A

in Thief

Posted by: DayDream.6381

DayDream.6381

just switched to revenant and won 7/8 games. Thief is crap for decap only

I remember when I realized I couldn’t play thief and swapped classes too. Feelsbadman

Caed | Brief Guide / Q&A

in Thief

Posted by: SpeedKills.8923

SpeedKills.8923

did you quit pro league?

Caed | Brief Guide / Q&A

in Thief

Narcarsis.5739

did you quit pro league?

I stepped off my team after disagreements about team composition and the best comp to run in our match this previous Monday. I wasn’t on the same page as the rest of my team and I felt like I didn’t belong. They had a sub prior to my leaving and I wish them luck in the upcoming matches.

Caed | Brief Guide / Q&A

in Thief

Posted by: EazyPanda.6419

EazyPanda.6419

Hey Caed, I’ve noticed in your streams that you normally use Bound+steal to initiate on your target.
Why not use Weakening Charge + steal, which has higher burst damage, applies weakness, and results in an extra dodge?

Anet logic:
where bashing people over the head with a stick deals more damage than a stab to the heart.
-My D.A. = http://eazypanda.deviantart.com/

Caed | Brief Guide / Q&A

in Thief

Posted by: Luto.1938

Luto.1938

did you quit pro league?

I stepped off my team after disagreements about team composition and the best comp to run in our match this previous Monday. I wasn’t on the same page as the rest of my team and I felt like I didn’t belong. They had a sub prior to my leaving and I wish them luck in the upcoming matches.

It aint easy being a thief. No one wants us, and no one understands us. Keep on playing thief, and don’t give up on it. There are so few good ones left. In the mean time, good luck in leagues.

Also… thanks for the pole dancing build.

Luto Locke
Twitch Stream