Choking Gas Nerf

Choking Gas Nerf

in Thief

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

So if I am correct. When in stealth and we drop a choking gas on an enemy, we will then get revealed, because of a small amount of damage that will come with the incoming impact of the poison.

So a way to bi-pass this little problem is throw the gas in the direction the actual player is walking, and not directly on top of them, thus missing that initial poison impact, leading into staying within stealth.

If I am wrong please correct me, but Anet has only told us it was on impact, if the poison is already on the ground the impact would have already subsided.

What ever nerfs they throw at us we can get through. The reason we’re the best class class out of all, is because our ability to adapt to our changes come easier to the class.

Edit: Granted.. Choking gas doesn’t have impact per pulse.

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

(edited by AikijinX.6258)

Choking Gas Nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

What ever nerfs they throw at us we can get through. The reason we’re the best class class out of all, is because our ability to adapt to our changes come easier to the class.

Wtf is this? Some pseudo-patriotism just because of the class you play?

I can assure you, there’s nothing inherently superior about the players who play thieves. No one had to pass any test to roll a thief and there’s no magical force that attracts the “best” players or most adaptable players to this class.

Choking Gas Nerf

in Thief

AikijinX.6258

Wtf is this? Some pseudo-patriotism just because of the class you play?

I can assure you, there’s nothing inherently superior about the players who play thieves. No one had to pass any test to roll a thief and there’s no magical force that attracts the “best” players or most adaptable players to this class.

And the reason you had to waste people’s time reading your post was because?

Maguuma
Defend Your Back

Choking Gas Nerf

in Thief

Posted by: sevenDEADLY.5281

sevenDEADLY.5281

I enjoyed reading his post. It made perfect sense is 100% factual and accurate. Your qq about a fix to a clear oversight of an unrevealing damage source is just sad on the other hand.

Choking Gas Nerf

in Thief

AikijinX.6258

I enjoyed reading his post. It made perfect sense is 100% factual and accurate. Your qq about a fix to a clear oversight of an unrevealing damage source is just sad on the other hand.

So where did you read any “qq” in the post?, What i was explaining was a way to adapt, or work around the and find a way to bi pass the reveal.

You two are obviously in a committed and devoted relationship. Whens the honeymoon?

Maguuma
Defend Your Back

Choking Gas Nerf

in Thief

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

it was a needed change, because it was way too strong in roaming, where you can reset while keeping the enemy stuck poisoned.

and yes, it should work the way you specified. land the poison ahead of the enemy so they walk inside it after the mini-blast, and they’ll get poisoned. of course, the enemy has to be stupid enough to go through it.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Choking Gas Nerf

in Thief

AikijinX.6258

it was a needed change, because it was way too strong in roaming, where you can reset while keeping the enemy stuck poisoned.

and yes, it should work the way you specified. land the poison ahead of the enemy so they walk inside it after the mini-blast, and they’ll get poisoned. of course, the enemy has to be stupid enough to go through it.

Yes i do agree that it was a bit too 1sided. So maybe this nerf may actually benefit us in someway.

Maguuma
Defend Your Back

Choking Gas Nerf

in Thief

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Yes i do agree that it was a bit too 1sided. So maybe this nerf may actually benefit us in someway.

Only if the damage on impact is decent. If it’s the equivalent of a detonated clusterbomb, I will accept the damage.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Choking Gas Nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Platanos.8107

Platanos.8107

Watch it do 0 damage with 0 scaling.

Choking Gas Nerf

in Thief

AikijinX.6258

Only if the damage on impact is decent. If it’s the equivalent of a detonated clusterbomb, I will accept the damage.

Like I said in another post of mine, If i am not able to 1 shot lowbies with it, I’ll be upset. Because they said in the stream Choking gas can crit now. I just really hope it is not impact per choking gas pulse. Otherwise the whole dropping the gas in front of the enemy rather than actually on top of them will be useless.

Maguuma
Defend Your Back

Choking Gas Nerf

in Thief

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Like I said in another post of mine, If i am not able to 1 shot lowbies with it, I’ll be upset. Because they said in the stream Choking gas can crit now. I just really hope it is not impact per choking gas pulse. Otherwise the whole dropping the gas in front of the enemy rather than actually on top of them will be useless.

If it’s per pulse, then it better kitten well do damage like a detonated clusterbomb or more…because then it’d be VERY dangerous to a group of enemies. While that means Shortbow will become useless to me while I’m escaping, when I’m not it will be the go-to weapon for AoE damage.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Choking Gas Nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

It’d be wonderful if the impact dmg was high.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Choking Gas Nerf

in Thief

AikijinX.6258

It’d be wonderful if the impact dmg was high.

I would love it. But if it were per pulse, it would be a similar mechanic to chaos storm, minus the interrupt, and multi-condis

Maguuma
Defend Your Back

Choking Gas Nerf

in Thief

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

going by the stream, it doesn’t damage each pulse (unlike engineer goo), only on impact. and it critted for like, 400 damage. i don’t know what spec karl had on him when he was showcasing the skill, but yeah. the damage is just so we get revealed, with the fake benefit of “oh it triggers on crit sigils and venoms”. yeah, well so does my stealth attack, and that one comes bundled with a long immobilize and more damage.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell