Comprehensive bug list

Comprehensive bug list

in Thief

Posted by: Zodryn.4216

Zodryn.4216

There was a topic for this, but I can’t seem to find it so here you go. Please post any additional thief bugs you find, but please keep posts brief and civil. Categories are roughly sorted with more serious bugs first.

Link to the thread in the bugs forum

(SKILLS)

Withdraw: still does not have the extra 10% healing noted in patch notes

Heart Seeker: while under the effects of quickness, the leap distance is significantly reduced

Whirling Axe: dodging to cancel this stolen skill is frequently delayed, or the evade frames do not occur at all, while still consuming endurance

Roll for Initiative: the cast is sometimes delayed instead of instant

Shadow Trap: does not give the extra 5 might when traited for deadly trapper, also does not apply 8 stacks of vuln as the baseline tooltip states fixed 7/28/15

Ambush Trap: does not apply any bonuses from deadly trapper fixed 7/28/15

Infiltrator’s Return: weakness is not removed with infiltrations return unless you use IR twice

Black Powder: has 1200 range, increasing to 1350 with Ankle Shots, should be 900 and 1050

Shadow Shot: traited with Ankle Shots improves range to 1200 (should be 1050)

Cloak and Dagger: If you cast CnD while jumping your sigils have a delayed cast forcing a reveal on a Sigil of Air proc for example

Basilisk Venom: does not stack at all, which seems unintended since it was changed to two stacks baseline

Scorpion Wire: wonky as usual, doesn’t always pull all the way

Steal: stealing in SPvP pregame allows you keep the bundle when the match starts

(TRAITS)

No Quarter: when you apply fury to yourself you gain the additional ferocity correctly, but if someone else applies fury to you, you do not get the additional ferocity for their portion of the fury duration fixed 7/28/15

Practiced Tollerance: only converts base precision to ferocity, ignoring signet, banners, spotter etc.

Keen Observer & Flawless Strikes: unclear if they are working, both traits dont show any bonus in the hero panel, in contrast Hidden Killer shows a 100% increase to crit chance

Improvisation: does not recharge skills activated by traits when the associated skill types recharge (trap from trappers respite, trick from flanking strikes)

Trappers Respite: when traited for trap cooldown reduction, the needle trap on heal displays 24s in the tool tip, but there is a second icd that stays at 30s fixed 8/25/15

Ankle Shots: raises pistol range by 150 but does not state it in the tool tip

Quick Pockets: procs with some items like the Unbreakable Choir Bell, which can be swapped more frequently than normal weapons

(MECHANICS)

Shadowstepping: there may be some pathing issues causing shadowsteps to fail without an out of range or invalid path indicator, and also causing invalid path errors in places where they previously worked

Shortbow: shots get obstructed and do not hit sometimes when there is clear line of sight

Stealth: stealth occasionally ends early and causes revealed without reason and without displaying the revealed debuff, may happen more often when affected by a condition (Thread with related discussion)

Combos: leaping into black powder displays “Stealth” indicating a working combo, but does not grant any stealth. Leaping through or out of the field works correctly

I will update with other issues as they come up.

(edited by Zodryn.4216)

Comprehensive bug list

in Thief

Posted by: DHawk.2687

DHawk.2687

maybe it’s just me, but shadow steps doesn’t trigger sometimes
to not look like a fool i recorded it happen on shadowplay and checked if it really wasn’t out of range or unstepable terrain, it was all normal, i aimed, clicked, no step, dead

anyone else have this issue sometimes?

Comprehensive bug list

in Thief

Zodryn.4216

I haven’t had that issue. If anyone can reproduce it I’ll add it to the list.

Comprehensive bug list

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Is it just me or is infiltrators arrow acting up of late. I seem to be getting a whole lot of “Invalid path to target” of late where I never got them before. This even using it to port up a stairs which i nver had issues with before.

Comprehensive bug list

in Thief

Posted by: DHawk.2687

DHawk.2687

Is it just me or is infiltrators arrow acting up of late. I seem to be getting a whole lot of “Invalid path to target” of late where I never got them before. This even using it to port up a stairs which i nver had issues with before.

yup if it’s not a flat surface or a flat surface you can walk up to you can’t st on it
but yeah, i had it when you use IA and it takes away the ini, but says invalid pathway
just got slapped in the face by anet ^^

Comprehensive bug list

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Flanking strikes ; The trick Haste does not reset when using Improv and resetting tricks.

Trappers respite; The trap does not reset when using Improv and getting a reset to traps.

Shadowtrap ; Does not apply might/vuln bonus from deadly trapper.

Comprehensive bug list

in Thief

Posted by: Tarkan.5609

Tarkan.5609

it happens. quite a bit, you use 6 initiative on sb #5 and the animation and cast time and all come through, the arrow lands, you dont get ported. (cant get it on video as shadow play doesnt work for me)

btw: please add any bug that gets listed down here to your original an first post, maybe make the names of the skills/traits that are bugged fat, maybe a dev will stumble over it… dem hopes

PvP, Teef & Engi

Comprehensive bug list

in Thief

Zodryn.4216

it happens. quite a bit, you use 6 initiative on sb #5 and the animation and cast time and all come through, the arrow lands, you dont get ported. (cant get it on video as shadow play doesnt work for me)

btw: please add any bug that gets listed down here to your original an first post, maybe make the names of the skills/traits that are bugged fat, maybe a dev will stumble over it… dem hopes

I have had that happen, but I know why. As the arrow travels if you move to a place where it would return a pathing error, it won’t port you. It does suck. I’ve been updating the op with after each comment, but I’ll bold each skill for ease of reading. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comprehensive bug list

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

weakness is not removed with infiltrations return unless you do it twice..?

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

Comprehensive bug list

in Thief

Tarkan.5609

i will make another thread in the bugs forum as well and link this one to it, as well as copying all bugs you wrote down already.
I’ll try to update the bugs that keep appearing here to the other thread as well then, devs are just way more active in the bugs forum

PvP, Teef & Engi

Comprehensive bug list

in Thief

Zodryn.4216

Thanks! Go team ninja.

Comprehensive bug list

in Thief

Zodryn.4216

Just added a note for heart seeker/quickness interaction. This may even effect other classes using leaps with quickness, but I’m not sure.

Comprehensive bug list

in Thief

Tarkan.5609

does it, or are you unsure? (because of the question mark)

Just added a note for heart seeker/quickness interaction. This may even effect other classes using leaps with quickness, but I’m not sure.

also counts for like warrior #5, with quickness it travels way shorter and with slow way further.

PvP, Teef & Engi

Comprehensive bug list

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

does it, or are you unsure? (because of the question mark)

also counts for like warrior #5, with quickness it travels way shorter and with slow way further.

It dosnt remove it the first time unless you do it again which is why the “?” Was there. Makes no sence to having to use infiltratios strike/return twice just to remove weakness

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

Comprehensive bug list

in Thief

Tarkan.5609

okay added that weakness bug to the bugs forum as well

PvP, Teef & Engi

Comprehensive bug list

in Thief

Zodryn.4216

I added the weakness bug here as well.

Comprehensive bug list

in Thief

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

Ankle Shots does not say in the tool tip that it raises pistol range by 150

Pistol Offhand
Black powder 1200 range tooltip says 900 and should be
– When trait with Ankle shot range improve to 1350(should be1050)

D/P Dual skill : Shadow Shot traited with Ankle Shot improving range to 1200 (should be 1050)
– Shadow Shot second half can be cancel with Stow/Draw Weapons and esc allowing you to remain in stealth

P/D Shadow Strike casted with jump does not teleport you back.

S/D Infiltrator Strike casted with jump replaces shadow return ontop of you.

Stealing in Spvp pregame allow you keep the bundle before the match.

lots of bugs.

Comprehensive bug list

in Thief

Zodryn.4216

- Shadow Shot second half can be cancel with Stow/Draw Weapons and esc allowing you to remain in stealth

P/D Shadow Strike casted with jump does not teleport you back.

S/D Infiltrator Strike casted with jump replaces shadow return ontop of you.

Those have always been that way. Shadow shot only has a strike on the dagger hit after teleporting, so if you cancel it with something (even a different attack, not just weapon stow) it naturally deals no damage, but still ports you and consumes initiative.

Edit for clarity: It isn’t a bug, if they wanted it changed they’d need to add a strike to the pistol shot. Hopefully they don’t since thief really doesn’t need less options at this point. The jumping tricks are arguably unintended, but again, the options are welcome. Neither are serious exploits like ele canceling dagger 1 for massive heals.

The jumping tricks also give less used weapon sets more options, and have been there since launch I believe, so I doubt they’ll be changed. Think of them as a feature. I’ll add the other bugs you mentioned though. Thanks!

(edited by Zodryn.4216)

Comprehensive bug list

in Thief

Posted by: Raiden.1375

Raiden.1375

Nice list so far!

Another bug is the Quick Pockets trait(gain 3 initiative on weapon swap while in combat) works with some items like the Unbreakable Choir Bell. The weapon swap initiative gain can be triggered about every 2 seconds from this.

Comprehensive bug list

in Thief

Zodryn.4216

Added, thanks for the input!

Comprehensive bug list

in Thief

Posted by: Raiden.1375

Raiden.1375

Also it looks like there is a bug with the No Quarter trait. When you apply fury to yourself you gain the additional ferocity correctly, but if someone else applies fury to you, you do not get the additional ferocity for their portion of the fury duration.

Comprehensive bug list

in Thief

Posted by: godmoney.6025

godmoney.6025

I’ve got a bug happening to me sometimes, but I’m not sure if it’s specific to thief. I’ll mention it here anyway.

Sometimes in WVW in certain camps the auto attack from shortbow will get obsctructed and not hit the intended target, despite not having any obstacles between me and the target (I have full line of sight).

La Fantoma – Aurora Glade

Comprehensive bug list

in Thief

Tarkan.5609

i wrote a post on this a long time ago but if you cast CnD Well jumping your sigil have a delay cast forcing a reveal

PvP, Teef & Engi

Comprehensive bug list

in Thief

Tarkan.5609

gonna add all the bugs listed here to the bugs forum, not sure how i should implement the “shortbow bug” – does it also happen with pistol shots?

PvP, Teef & Engi

Comprehensive bug list

in Thief

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

There’s also a bug with Roll for Initiative that sometimes delays its activation if there’s a lot of skills being used in a short amount of time though I’m not sure if that’s just the client lagging or an actual bug but I experienced it on at least 3 separate occassions and it even cost me a match in pvp at one point. Close game, was gonna kill Svanir in Niflhel, Roll for Initiative bugged as I was out of endurance and he got off a ton of damage on me because I couldn’t evade in time.

Comprehensive bug list

in Thief

Zodryn.4216

Added all of the above. I will organize the list later with most prominent bugs that hurt our viability or make something OP consistently towards the top, and things that are minor or unlikely to occur towards the bottom.

Comprehensive bug list

in Thief

Zodryn.4216

Updated with a reported SR bug in another topic, could use some clarification. Does it prevent you from restealthing even though the reveal debuff isn’t shown? And has it happened with anything other than SR?

Edit: Also categorized bugs and listed in order of importance within each category and changed some wording. Obviously some will be more or less important depending on your play style, but it should hopefully help readability.

(edited by Zodryn.4216)

Comprehensive bug list

in Thief

Tarkan.5609

Also added the link to the stealth thread in the bugs forums as it seems to be quite complex.
Maybe you could do that as well

PvP, Teef & Engi

Comprehensive bug list

in Thief

Posted by: perry.9645

perry.9645

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Thief-Bugs-Post-Patch/ another list of bugs some of the things got fixed allready tho (aoe 250 ferocity from No Quater)

also this wasnt mentioned here yet:

1. Practiced Tollerance
This Trait only converts Base Stats to Ferocity and ignores things as Food buffs Banners Spotter (this could be intended)
2. Keen observer & Flawless Strikes
Both Traits dont show up as bonus in the Hero panel, are they even working? Hidden Killer for example does show up as 100% increase.

Comprehensive bug list

in Thief

Zodryn.4216

Added, thanks. I may try testing those traits later to see if they work, but just don’t show in the hero panel.

Comprehensive bug list

in Thief

Posted by: perry.9645

perry.9645

So after today patch that fixed No Quater (yaay) i tested if they fixed or changed the functionality of Practiced Tollerance and indeed they changed something.

Before todays patch Practiced Tollerance was only affected by
Base Precision and Signet of Agillity.

As of todays Patch it doesnt work with signet anymore but does with food buffs.

Also its not working with Spotter or Banner of Discipline

Elementalist got a similar trait wich i coudlnt test yet but it probably has the same behavior

Comprehensive bug list

in Thief

Zodryn.4216

Updated with fixes from today’s patch, and modified the Practiced Tolerance bug with your comment.

Comprehensive bug list

in Thief

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

Basilisk venom gets triggered by sigils wasting the 2nd charge.
Basilisk venom gets consumed when people evade skills of your that wouldnt even apply it(choking gas ticks, infiltrators arrow etc) these apply to other venoms as well.

Comprehensive bug list

in Thief

Kicker.8203

Shadow’s rejuvenation heals for extra ticks after you reapply stealth. About after every third tick you gain an extra tick

Comprehensive bug list

in Thief

Kicker.8203

Cloak and dagger from outside melee range+steal results in instarevealed when you cast steal by the end

Comprehensive bug list

in Thief

Kicker.8203

Cloak and dagger from outside melee range+steal results in instarevealed when you cast steal by the end

This happens with mug but without the gain stealth on steal trait

Comprehensive bug list

in Thief

Kicker.8203

I have had that happen, but I know why. As the arrow travels if you move to a place where it would return a pathing error, it won’t port you. It does suck. I’ve been updating the op with after each comment, but I’ll bold each skill for ease of reading. Thanks for the suggestion.

The solution to this would be rather simple. Make the shadowstep watch your location only when you fire the arrow.

Comprehensive bug list

in Thief

Posted by: Sealreth.1425

Sealreth.1425

Shortbow clusterbomb detonation, detonates from player body instead of @ location.

Sethy Alre [Main: Thief, 19 Characters] -
[TSP] The Shadow Phantoms – Guild master
Gunnar’s Hold

Comprehensive bug list

in Thief

Posted by: Arkantos.7460

Arkantos.7460

Thief getting 3rd weaponswap in addon, so he can finally use a second weaponset besides a main one and shortbow

Good Thiefs are average,
Skilled Thiefs are dangerous

Comprehensive bug list

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

Heart Seeker not traveling longer distance wile you have the quickness is on the patch notes, it is intended.

also Basilisk Venom now does not stack, if you want the full duration you need to wait 1 sec before you take the second hit, cuz it now overwrites the duration and that is also in the patch notes.

Comprehensive bug list

in Thief

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

Heart Seeker not traveling longer distance wile you have the quickness is on the patch notes, it is intended.

they changed it so leaps don’t go further with swiftness or travel less distance when crippled. however, since quickness and slow alter the duration of the skill, with the leap speed being the same, these do alter the distance.

for example, if we would normally leap 300 in the space of 1.5 seconds, and we’re given quickness, we now leap at the same speed for 1 second, only achieving a distance of 200.

when slowed, the result will be the opposite, with leaps taking longer but carrying the user further.

Comprehensive bug list

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

they changed it so leaps don’t go further with swiftness or travel less distance when crippled. however, since quickness and slow alter the duration of the skill, with the leap speed being the same, these do alter the distance.

for example, if we would normally leap 300 in the space of 1.5 seconds, and we’re given quickness, we now leap at the same speed for 1 second, only achieving a distance of 200.

when slowed, the result will be the opposite, with leaps taking longer but carrying the user further.

Aw i see… my bad, i misunderstood.

Comprehensive bug list

in Thief

Zodryn.4216

Updated with our one fix this patch…seriously, that’s all we get? Please at least revert the icd to 10 seconds. /sigh

Edit: also added a bug mentioned in another thread about combos.

(edited by Zodryn.4216)

Comprehensive bug list

in Thief

Posted by: Amante.8109

Amante.8109

I really hope they’re planning to fix a lot of these, now that it’s our time in the elite spec sun.

The Withdraw one still stings, since they used that “increased healing” as part of its justification for raising its CD.

Thief is still also the only profession in game that still has a range increasing trait, without it even being listed on the trait.

Comprehensive bug list

in Thief

Posted by: Mefiq.7039

Mefiq.7039

Shortbow 5 eats your initiative and fails to shadowstep, Hs/flanking strike fail to hit even if target is not evading and in range

“Basilisk Venom: does not stack at all, which seems unintended since it was changed to two stacks baseline” HARD CC does not stack, it gives you 2 stacks so you can burn 1 on stability.

Dancing Dagger sometimes fail to land single hit to enemy near you(its just RANDOM AS F…)

“Throw Goo” Stolen item from Engi reveals you if you get invisible after throwing it, if you get stealth while your projectile is midair you will get revealt.

Leaping through 2 of your combo fields prioritize 1st casted over last one (if you use stolen item from ranger and then try to restealth BOOM you just got yourself regeneration) Isnt it logical that most “recent” of my combo fields is which i want to use?

“Im speaker of Truth” – Mefiq.7039 2015

Comprehensive bug list

in Thief

Tarkan.5609

“Throw Goo” Stolen item from Engi reveals you if you get invisible after throwing it, if you get stealth while your projectile is midair you will get revealt.

Leaping through 2 of your combo fields prioritize 1st casted over last one (if you use stolen item from ranger and then try to restealth BOOM you just got yourself regeneration) Isnt it logical that most “recent” of my combo fields is which i want to use?

Throw Gunk: Thats because it deals damage.

Combo Fields: You gotta work with that, adapt. Show me a situation where Anet made sense and I’ll show you 10 where they didn’t.

PvP, Teef & Engi

Comprehensive bug list

in Thief

Tarkan.5609

Basilisk Venom: still at 1,5s stun duration

PvP, Teef & Engi