Condi Thiefs (angry)

Condi Thiefs (angry)

in Thief

Posted by: SharkKilL.6745

SharkKilL.6745

Hello everyone!
Maybe it’s already was on this forum, but i’m want to say few words about condi thiefs.
They are just kittened me off…
After patch everyone who have cut hands can play for this one…
Realy, you don’t need any type of skill to play for this one and win 1 vs X.
For the last week i didn’t met any d/d or s/d thiefs, all thiefs (!) was p/d.
So i’m hope that ArenaNet will do something with that!

P.S. For d/d thiefs it’s not big problem, but I am in rage because now i’m trying to learn how to play for my other characters, but on WvW i’m met a lot of condi – thiefs (alone and (most funny) in groups) and can survive only few sec.

Condi Thiefs (angry)

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Hello everyone!
Maybe it’s already was on this forum, but i’m want to say few words about condi thiefs.
They are just kittened me off…
After patch everyone who have cut hands can play for this one…
For the last week i didn’t met any d/d or s/d thiefs, all thiefs (!) was p/d.
So i’m hope that ArenaNet will do something with that!

P.S. For d/d thiefs it’s not big problem, but I am in rage because now i’m trying to learn how to play for my other characters, but on WvW i’m met a lot of condi – thiefs (alone and (most funny) in groups) and can survive only few sec.

Oh 1vs X? I never realized I could take the whole team with P/D when did we get that buff?

This is going to lead to stealth again……

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Condi Thiefs (angry)

in Thief

SharkKilL.6745

I was trying condi-build one time, but find it too easy to play.
So yes, i know what i’m talking about, i didn’t have any trouble with 90% of players! (for one week that i was condi thief i met only one elem who can survive 1 vs 1, we was fighting about 15 min, and we understand that it’s gonna be forever and stop this fight)

Condi Thiefs (angry)

in Thief

Posted by: Quakeman.9378

Quakeman.9378

Your best bet is dodging their CnD. A lot of condi thieves I find don’t use P/D 3 as muhc as they should. I simply dodge their CnD and it messes them all up.

Yoloswaginz- D/D thief SBI
Tyronee Biggums- Warrior SBI
“If fifty people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing”-Bertrand Russell

Condi Thiefs (angry)

in Thief

Sagat.3285

I was trying condi-build one time, but find it too easy to play.
So yes, i know what i’m talking about, i didn’t have any trouble with 90% of players! (for one week that i was condi thief i met only one elem who can survive 1 vs 1, we was fighting about 15 min, and we understand that it’s gonna be forever and stop this fight)

90% of players don’t know how thief or stealth works. It’s all about pressure they panicked and messed up. P/D is not as easy as it seems I play it too sure it got advantages but some builds do hard counter it.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Condi Thiefs (angry)

in Thief

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

I would also like to add PD is kinda dead weight for any serious havock squad. Game not balanced around 1v1 and if you are losing 1vX you really need to look at your own game play.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

Condi Thiefs (angry)

in Thief

SharkKilL.6745

Don’t know about dodge, almost every thiefs have a kind of brain to use 1 and 5, sometimes even 3 :o
The problem is: now we have too much p/d thiefs, this is realy strong build and veeeeeery easy to play and it’s bad i’m think.
And sometimes i’m see some topic on forum like: “my gameplay of p/d thief” i’m watching it and what i’m see? Just another spamming 1 thief. But the problem is: they are kill the people.
Their own skills doesn’t grow up.
Maybe i’m doesn’t right, maybe i’m noob, but i’m don’t understand why i’m have such trouble with condi-thiefs.

Condi Thiefs (angry)

in Thief

Posted by: FinalPatriot.8034

FinalPatriot.8034

Your best bet is dodging their CnD. A lot of condi thieves I find don’t use P/D 3 as muhc as they should. I simply dodge their CnD and it messes them all up.

This is the best way to kill one. I went up against a guy the other day that dodged me every time I tried to CnD. Needless to say, I got ownd, badly.

Laura Seranus – Mesmer –
“Shatter Me!”
“I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.”

Condi Thiefs (angry)

in Thief

Posted by: Tien.3865

Tien.3865

I ignore them. Even if you manage to avoid their CnDs, negate their Sneak Attacks, and just outplay them in general, they’ll just stealth and either get away or come back at full health. Complete waste of time. By avoiding p/d thieves, you gain the satisfaction of knowing that you denied them a fight, which is all they want anyway.

Borlis Pass solo roamer

Condi Thiefs (angry)

in Thief

Sagat.3285

I ignore them. Even if you manage to avoid their CnDs, negate their Sneak Attacks, and just outplay them in general, they’ll just stealth and either get away or come back at full health. Complete waste of time. By avoiding p/d thieves, you gain the satisfaction of knowing that you denied them a fight, which is all they want anyway.

It’s called engaging and disengaging it seems that’s the main purpose of thief. All you need to kill me is to be any kind of burst and outplay me because out of stealth I only have 2 evades,no protection,no immunity. But if you can’t do that avoiding P/D seems to be simple for some.
I barely see P/D thieves other than me where do you guys find them? I mainly see the glass canon ones.

The Dhuumfire thread

Condi Thiefs (angry)

in Thief

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

That’s odd. When I’m playing my P/D Thief I only see D/P.

Condi Thiefs (angry)

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

I sense the next wave of QQ’s (along side the constant stealth and high backstab damage (probably QQ’s from up levels wearing blue gear at this point)) will be about how thieves can “perma” stack bleed, and spam conditions (while creating distance…)… P/D will be the weapon set in the up coming QQ’s…. And being so “tanky” too (dire gear for P/D condi spec)…. (not the perplexity build)

:/ Wonder how long till that wave comes in….

Called it 2 months ago, pretty sure other instances have happened earlier too.
(Close enough, P/D OPEEH)

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Condi Thiefs (angry)

in Thief

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

what exactly happened that P/d got so popular lately? is it really just that one confusion-grandmaster trait? cant think of any other changes

Gunnar’s Hold

Condi Thiefs (angry)

in Thief

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

new grandmaster and krait runes. the build is pretty lame and you wont win against decent condition classes except maybe engi because of their bad cleansing.

people dodging your cloak and dagger? how about you immobilize them.. people tend to forget that pistol 2 does that.. takes 3 more initiative but at least you get your stealth instead of wasting 5 without going into stealth.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

Condi Thiefs (angry)

in Thief

Posted by: Sithaco.4673

Sithaco.4673

Most thieves will have 6 in SA, thus they will want to make the most of their stealths and gain as much health as possible, you can use this too your advantage. When they CnD off of you, wait a couple seconds and then dodge, you should be able to predict when they will burst and negate most of it.

Also, if you can make them miss a CnD, it is a big big loss for them, a third or half of their initiative is gone, depending on their build, so try to kitten up their CnD as much as possible.

Condi Thiefs (angry)

in Thief

Posted by: ngdani.9482

ngdani.9482

Fight aids with aids, roll a s/s+Lb war 8D

Condi Thiefs (angry)

in Thief

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

The X’s should improve their skill then and then trash the P
D. A good player with a suitable build will be able to 1vX a couple of bad or inexperienced players succesfully.

Condi Thiefs (angry)

in Thief

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

what exactly happened that P/d got so popular lately? is it really just that one confusion-grandmaster trait? cant think of any other changes

Ferocity happened, making power specs less bursty, requiring more sustain and sustain is what a power thief is not suited for, so they moved to a sustain type of build; (condition) P/D.

Condi Thiefs (angry)

in Thief

Posted by: Acaelus.2138

Acaelus.2138

This thread just made my day. I’ve freakin seen it all. OP l2p.

GoM- Worm : Acaelus Thorrne(Guard) Dai Shaan(Warr) Althorr(Ele) Priince of Ravens (Thief)

Condi Thiefs (angry)

in Thief

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

How to win VS P/D condi thief:
Turn around and walk away. Simple.
Same basic cancer as PU Condi mes.

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

Condi Thiefs (angry)

in Thief

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

I feel full zerk meditation guardians are probably one of the hardest 1v1’s as a P/D thief, but on the other hand I’ve never played it with full Dire. Although P/D thieves are way stronger against Necros and Engineers than other thief builds, good ones can still harm a P/D thief a lot by kiting them using cripple and chill, and eventually counter their Shadow Refuge with fear or knockbacks.

But yep, as others have said, P/D thieves are unlikely to provide much pressure if they have to chase you, P/D has no mobility skills and the rest of the weapon sets with mobility skills doesn’t have any skills to put condi pressure on a moving target.

if you don’t have any mobility skills on your weapon sets or utility bars you need to improve your roaming build. P/D thieves are unlikely to carry swiftness, if they run D/x or SB as offset they can travel 900 units per 6s, additional range by blowing utilities shadow step 50s cd (1100-1200), infiltrator’s signet 30s cd (900), Steal (900) likely at 27s cd. If they start blowing utilities trying to chase you and you were able to cause high pressure you’re likely to be able to kill them.

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)