Create a new Thief description...

in Thief

Posted by: Kageseigi.2150

Kageseigi.2150

From the official site…
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/professions/thief/

“Experts at stealth and surprise, thieves can move through the shadows, vanish into thin air, or steal items from their opponents and use them as weapons. Thieves practice an agile, acrobatic fighting style, which can make them very hard to hit. "

In order to achieve a more accurate accounting of the Thief profession (and to avoid any false advertising lawsuits), what would your new description be?

Suggestions to overhaul the Thief…

* * * Thief Trait Shakeup * * *

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Here’s my edit of the original:

“Thieves can move, vanish into thin air, or steal items from their opponents and use them. Thieves practice the fetal position fighting style.”

The bit about vanishing into thing air is in fact true, hit them once or twice and see what happens.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

“Thief is the class most beaten to a pulp. Players who choose this profession will play as the most difficult and frustrating character class ever designed. Cower as your enemies profit from your damaging and crowd control abilities more than you do. Flee, as they turn their attention on you and with one skill blast most of your life away. And remember good old Zero, practice the Fetal Position or you main find it is no longer practice.”

How’d I do? Not gonna lie, I’m pretty mad right now. Did that whole tryhard as Thief thing, then went lazy mode on my Mesmer which made me realize I can play half afk on Mesmer and do more than when I try on my Thief despite the high amount of games (ranked and unranked) I have on Thief compared to Mesmer.

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

“Thief is the class most beaten to a pulp. Players who choose this profession will play as the most difficult and frustrating character class ever designed. Cower as your enemies profit from your damaging and crowd control abilities more than you do. Flee, as they turn their attention on you and with one skill blast most of your life away. And remember good old Zero, practice the Fetal Position or you main find it is no longer practice.”

How’d I do? Not gonna lie, I’m pretty mad right now. Did that whole tryhard as Thief thing, then went lazy mode on my Mesmer which made me realize I can play half afk on Mesmer and do more than when I try on my Thief despite the high amount of games (ranked and unranked) I have on Thief compared to Mesmer.

i find this description quite accurate, i think what is missing is that thief is not a class but a pet that can’t stand on it’s own

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Thief

Posted by: Kadin.2356

Kadin.2356

Experts at stealth and cowardice, thieves can move through the shadows, vanish into thin air, or steal items from their opponents to utilize in running away. Thieves practice an agile, acrobatic fighting style, which allows them to interrupt fair fights as they have no chance of victory alone.

in Thief

Posted by: Shogun.7401

Shogun.7401

Thief description is a lie.

Devs, are you not seeing what’s happening here?

How many more threads and complaints do you guys need to fix this class?

This is ridiculous, we seriously need a new dev. We need someone who actually understand our issues and communicate promptly with the thief community.

Every day I see a new thread about thief.

in Thief

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

Hahaha the whole bit about enemies profiting more from your cc abilities than you do is so true XD Made another post about fighting a Shatterupt Mesmer. That Mirror of Anguish bs… oh boy. Description is pretty accurate too.

in Thief

Posted by: Kageseigi.2150

Kageseigi.2150

I suppose I can take a stab at it…

“Experts at stealthing and being surprised revealed, thieves can live in the shadows of other professions, vanish into thin air when rage quitting after being downed in one hit, or steal random junk from their opponents and use them as distractions. Thieves practice an agile, acrobatic pacifist style known as “running away,” which can make them very hard to hit."

Honestly, I’m reminded of the movie “The Jerk” in which Steve Martin describes what prizes a customer can win from a carnival game. Just replace the question with, “What can I win against?” And yes, the Chiclets = Thieves…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag6DtzRUF5U

Suggestions to overhaul the Thief…

* * * Thief Trait Shakeup * * *

in Thief

Posted by: bliss.4305

bliss.4305

Original one:

Experts at stealth and surprise, thieves can move through the shadows, vanish into thin air, or steal items from their opponents and use them as weapons. Thieves practice an agile, acrobatic fighting style, which can make them very hard to hit.

My version:

Were once experts at stealth and suprise, could have moved through shadows, vanished into thin air, or steal items from their opponents and use them as junks. Thieves practice an agile, acrobatic cowering style, which can make them very easy to outplay.

Version 2:

Were once experts at stealth and suprise, until they took a Reveal in the knee…

in Thief

Shogun.7401

It’s a scam lol. I logged a ticket for hot refund.

in Thief

Posted by: Amante.8109

Amante.8109

Guild Wars 2 > The Game > Professions > Thief

THIEF

Description TBD

in Thief

Posted by: Antalore.4206

Antalore.4206

Experts at stealth and cowardice, thieves can move through the shadows, vanish into thin air, or steal items from their opponents to utilize in running away. Thieves practice an agile, acrobatic fighting style, which allows them to interrupt fair fights as they have no chance of victory alone.

This is gold.

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

“Thief is the class most beaten to a pulp.

I loled

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in Thief

Posted by: AlCojester.4316

AlCojester.4316

Before seeing scrapper specialization:

Able to run away really really well

After:

Attachments:

in Thief

Posted by: Zodryn.4216

Zodryn.4216

“Thieves can stealth, but it’s very easy to reveal them, so don’t worry. They can steal items from their opponents, but it’s usually just some ice or gunk they didn’t need anyway. They have trouble keeping up with more mobile classes unless they use all of their initiative, and lately it seems like they forgot how to dodge. Rumor has it some have sought therapy to regain their lost memories, we call these individuals ‘daredevils.’ Thieves can be safely ignored if you aren’t wearing a berzerker amulet.”

in Thief

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

“Experts at tagging stuff with a ricocheting shortbow, thieves can tag reasonably scaled mobs reasonably well. Despite the highly specific positional nature of your best source of damage, backstab still isn’t as good as an elementalist or warrior burst so why bother?Thief can join a teammate’s fight, but who can’t really? Just reroll anything else, any other class has better utility and damage.”

in Thief

Shogun.7401

Yay!!!! I got my money back. I will wait for them to fix the class and I will pay for hot. No more free money for these guys.

Those who paid for HOT and not happy with the thief class and looking for refund, log a ticket and you will get your money back.

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Yay!!!! I got my money back. I will wait for them to fix the class and I will pay for hot. No more free money for these guys.

Those who paid for HOT and not happy with the thief class and looking for refund, log a ticket and you will get your money back.

And those that haven’t, please hold out until at the very least the next set of changes after the BWE3 – or even closer to the release date…. You’re not losing anything by not pre-purchasing right now – you’re actually getting something by not doing so, that is time to decide and the ability to watch community vs dev interaction and their understanding of problems and solutions…

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!