D/P good, the rest weak

D/P good, the rest weak

in Thief

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

That’s just not true.. D/P, S/P and S/D are all in a pretty viable place right now. Thief’s core that everyone takes: Shortbow off set, 10/30/0/0/30 with Shadowstep, Shadow Refuge, and often Lyssa runes – slap on pretty much any weapon and any 3rd utility of choice, and heal of choice, and go ham.

Even P/D with the meta thief build hits hard as hell with Shadow Strike & the Stealth Attack. Thief is doin’ fine.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

D/P good, the rest weak

in Thief

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

S/D has an insane auto chain and LS hits for a boat load as well

D/P good, the rest weak

in Thief

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

Because the game is more than just 1v1s.

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

D/P good, the rest weak

in Thief

Posted by: Pie Flavor.1647

Pie Flavor.1647

not for thieves

And I am become kitten, the destroyer of kittens

D/P good, the rest weak

in Thief

Posted by: mPascoal.4258

mPascoal.4258

1 vs 1 with the Thief meta in sPvP is just stupid. Squishy liek that even a Bunker can hit hard. The meta builds aren’t made for 1 vs 1. You go on team fights and fast decaps when possible, not 1 vs 1

Phask - Guardian/DH | Phaskk - Warrior | Phaask - Revenant

D/P good, the rest weak

in Thief

Posted by: Rage.2017

Rage.2017

I’ve tried all thief-builds in spvp and tpvp appart of p/p and in my opinion s/p and s/d are way stronger than d/p in a turney with decent enemies.

D/P good, the rest weak

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Nah, everything is fine, D/P is just a little too strong.

D/P good, the rest weak

in Thief

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Yea S/P for team fights or quick burst on unaware people but I don’t see how S/D is viable though , it has no burst . Any type of warrior does higher damage than S/D

If we had a way of sharing stolen boons, it would be. S/d will prolly get nerfed again soon anyways, it being viable means OP to the community which is unacceptable. I wouldn’t be surprised if the coming months they make the only “viable” set p/p just to please the Q.Qers.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

D/P good, the rest weak

in Thief

Posted by: laquito.5269

laquito.5269

What have you been smoking? S/D still crushes pretty much any Power Build there is. Only Prerequisite is that the player actually needs to have some skills. S/P? Well lets not talk about that….

Retired GW2 Player

D/P good, the rest weak

in Thief

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

Why there’s such a huge imbalance between sets with the thief, D/P is a good weapon set but the rest is terrible. Well S/P isint that bad but again its more for team fights rather than 1v1. I mean lets face it, D/D is pretty bad you miss 1 CnD and you’re dead, Im not even gonna talk about pistol, the damage cant even kill an Afk warrior with Healing signet, Whats left is S/D which still has a rather low DPS for such a squishy class.Whats the point of doing sustained damage on a thief?

So thats just my opinion , being pigeon holed into 1 build is extremly lame. Im mainly talking about Spvp by the way.

Sword dagger and Sword pistol are actually really good. Sword pistol is good in spvp and 1v1.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

D/P good, the rest weak

in Thief

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

not for thieves

There’s a reason every top GvG (or most) team runs a thief or two. Thieves have their place in zergs as well, it’s just not with the hammer train.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

D/P good, the rest weak

in Thief

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

not for thieves

A thief who is only doing 1v1 is not helping their team. Watch some streamed tournament games and count how many top end thieves are only doing 1v1 the whole game.

D/P good, the rest weak

in Thief

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

not for thieves

I 1vX.

Also, thieves can be great for immobilization, vulnerability stacking, poison up time, aoe and single target dps.

D/P good, the rest weak

in Thief

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

Why there’s such a huge imbalance between sets with the thief, D/P is a good weapon set but the rest is terrible. Well S/P isint that bad but again its more for team fights rather than 1v1. I mean lets face it, D/D is pretty bad you miss 1 CnD and you’re dead, Im not even gonna talk about pistol, the damage cant even kill an Afk warrior with Healing signet, Whats left is S/D which still has a rather low DPS for such a squishy class.Whats the point of doing sustained damage on a thief?

So thats just my opinion , being pigeon holed into 1 build is extremly lame. Im mainly talking about Spvp by the way.

This is all wrong.

Just because you don’t like the other weapon sets, or you’re not very good with them, doesn’t make them “terrible”.

I can play D/D and S/D equally as well as D/P (and D/P is extremely easy in my opinion).
This is a matter of opinion and not fact.

D/P good, the rest weak

in Thief

Posted by: McFribble.2349

McFribble.2349

As a D/D Thief, I do perfectly fine playing against other people. I think you’ve just deluded yourself into thinking D/P is “fine” and that you are just skilled at the game. Sorry to burst your bubble, but D/P is about as cheesy as a build gets in this game (And there are some cheesy builds around).

D/P good, the rest weak

in Thief

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

lol ok, Im bad and D/P is OP, now show me a video of you beating a hambow warrior with D/D I wanna see that. You so pro!

D/P good, the rest weak

in Thief

Posted by: Shemsu.8721

Shemsu.8721

lol ok, Im bad and D/P is OP, now show me a video of you beating a hambow warrior with D/D I wanna see that. You so pro!

d/p isnt op, more like training wheels, once you learn how to you can use a real weapon set (condi builds are pretty much the same thing)

D/P good, the rest weak

in Thief

Posted by: METAShift.2913

METAShift.2913

Using something that minimizes risk to yourself is not always “training wheels”.

D/P good, the rest weak

in Thief

Posted by: Corpse Flakes.5369

Corpse Flakes.5369

If you aren’t good with a weapon set that doesn’t mean it’s bad. I consistently win 3v1’s with DD.

-BelieveGate-

Anet please nerf Paper, Scissors is fine -Rock.

D/P good, the rest weak

in Thief

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

D/D and D/P has its own uses. At least for me D/D works much better when there are lots of targets around. D/P In those situations feels too clunky. Lately I started running D/P as offset to my D/D, although I rarely do more then 1 hs through same BP, unless I have really kitten up and have to rejuvenate. Basically D/P works better for melee opponents – warriors, guardians, other thieves by keeping them blinded as much as possible instead of “BP+HS+HS+HS+repeat and sit in stealth till full or even use your stealth uptime to reset fight and attack only when you see some target low on hp like a kitten that you are”.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

D/P good, the rest weak

in Thief

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

http://youtu.be/MA_ELOqF-_4

Don’t know who this is, but he’s pretty good with d/d, and fought a few d/p and a greatsword/hammer war at the end

Inb4 “they all sucked”

D/P good, the rest weak

in Thief

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

Did you ever hear about Cloaked in Shadows? They will miss so many hits… i wish i have better pc to make some videos.

D/P good, the rest weak

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

I like the D/D playstyle more, but it bugs me that only 3/5 skills are truly useful. It partially comes down to a well played D/D doesn’t waste initiative on #3 & #4 while a well played D/P uses all of their skills appropriately. After running D/D for months, I recently switched back to D/P for the self and group utility (heal interrupts, blind stomps, blasting BPS with blinding powder on a downed teamate, etc).

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

D/P good, the rest weak

in Thief

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

I rather be a hated bad with D/P mostly winning than some respected prO mostly losing.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

D/P good, the rest weak

in Thief

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

Did you ever hear about Cloaked in Shadows? They will miss so many hits… i wish i have better pc to make some videos.

I dont use SA traitline, im using trickery 10/30/0/0/30.

Emm… you should realize that different weapon set might require different traits. While D/P has little to no use from cloaked in shadows d/d works very well with that trait.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough