Kocoff.7582

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa

DAREDEVIL Utilities and STAFF SKILLS

in Thief

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

I can jump on the rage train with the rest of /thief but still think some of that stuff looks pretty f’n cool right.

Kash
NSP

in Thief

Posted by: Kocoff.7582

Kocoff.7582

WOW THAT ELITE.

" Ennemies struck with this ability are finished"

goodbye basilik V.

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

WOW THAT ELITE.

goodbye basilik V.

Not to mention “Impairing Daggers”… which isn’t an elite on a 25s CD…

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Posted by: WindGodGirl.6405

WindGodGirl.6405

That…Is actually pretty friggin’ awesome.

Can’t wait to see it in action.

in Thief

Kocoff.7582

Hook Strike, the steath attack from Staff cause Knockdown. This is extremely satisfying…

Problem is staff doesn’t provide stealth from itself so….

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

Hook Strike, the steath attack from Staff cause Knockdown. This is extremely satisfying…

Staff might be a replacement for SB… given it’s 5 and the trait line giving you 150 endurance… Like it seems it could be used to get around places like SB….

Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

WOW THAT ELITE.

goodbye basilik V.

Pretty much. I mean it’s a little confusing cause the description says “stun” and the tool tip says “daze” but hitting with the 0 range blowout should be a rather long stun effectively, plus damage after that….. so when does BV get its CD lowered?

I wish the second strike of the staff auto attack had endurance gain on it like daggers. Straight damage on the 3 hits is pretty underwhelming and endurance gain on it would have fit the set thematically. It has a couple of gap closers, an evade, and a blind, but no stealth, no poison, and no endurance regen, so I think it will lose out to D/P the same way S/X does.

Edit: That said, I would probably take the line for the traits/utilities and just use a different weapon set.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

(edited by Maugetarr.6823)

in Thief

Posted by: Alex.9268

Alex.9268

The auto attack is pretty underwhelming though.

in Thief

Kocoff.7582

WOW THAT ELITE.

goodbye basilik V.

Pretty much. I mean it’s a little confusing cause the description says “stun” and the tool tip says “daze” but hitting with the 0 range blowout should be a rather long stun effectively, plus damage after that….. so when does BV get its CD lowered?

I wish the second strike of the staff auto attack had endurance gain on it like daggers. Straight damage on both is pretty underwhelming and endurance gain on it would have fit the set thematically. It has a couple of gap closers and a blind, but no stealth, no poison, and no endurance regen, so I think it will lose out to D/P the same way S/X does.

I noticed the same thing. Daze would be rather inconvenient. We wouldn’t want to miss our uppercut do we? lol

and I agree Staff AA is rather weak. I am pretty sure we can fix that with BWE feedback. Unless they want us to use the Physical utility skills to do the damaging.

It will be VERY challenging to connect those physical skills though. (if you don’t have stuns ready) I like the challenge.

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa

in Thief

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

Jesus this looks absolutely ridiculously powerful I LOVE IT!

And as for the numbers… since these were datamined, the numbers probably don’t reflect a properly geared level 80, DPS Daredevil so keep that in mind guys. These numbers are probably 3-4 times stronger than what is shown.

in Thief

WindGodGirl.6405

The Elite combo string caught me off guard. It looks like so much fun.

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

Yeah, definitely is…

Doesn’t dagger on it’s own cleave 2 extra enemies…?

Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Maugetarr.6823

Yeah, definitely is…

1 extra, but outside of PvE when is that going to matter that much. Daggers also have poison and endurance gain on them…..so yeah.

Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

Yeah, definitely is…

1 extra, but outside of PvE when is that going to matter that much. Daggers also have poison and endurance gain on them…..so yeah.

Does the cleave off of dagger apply the poison to the 2nd cleaved target…? I don’t think it does, does it?

Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Maugetarr.6823

If they would fix Death blossom, I think some of the traits and physical skills could make D/D evasion an actual thing.

Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

I can live with the weak aa the rest is wow and looks fun.

in Thief

Maugetarr.6823

Yeah, definitely is…

Does the cleave off of dagger apply the poison to the 2nd cleaved target…? I don’t think it does, does it?

I thought the poison got inflicted on both, but the endurance regen only triggered from 1 target.

Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele

in Thief

Kocoff.7582

I am officially satisfied from the traits and Physical skills.

By the look how low the staff damage is, those who do WvW will have to opt for Deadly Arts, Trickery and DareDevil. So glad I can get rid Basilik Venom. I can use Bandit’s Defense to counter against Thieves who are using the former Elite skill.

The whole challenge once again is good synergy with new utility skills, and finding a way to fit in a stealth mechanic in there. Cause that 2 seconds knockdown is a must have.

Heal skill is pretty amazing too. 5,520 HP heals with 3 pulses? that’s our whole life back mates. It could be easily interrupted I guess.

Now we wait for the way all those moves look and it’s GG for Anet on my end.

Attachments:

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Testing the tooltips in-game (they definitely scale with your stats), the Staff autoattack is crazy weak. Not even half as strong as Sword autos and the final 4-hit skill doesn’t even total past a single Lotus Strike or Wild Strike. I expect that will be buffed after a BWE, at least to a Sword standard, or maybe the cast times can be increased plus a smaller damage boost. Speed can be somewhere between Dagger and Sword while damage (auto-only in both cases) can be somewhere between as well.

Everything else is INCREDIBLE though.

EDIT: Attached auto chain comparisons with my stats scaled.

Attachments:

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

(edited by Auesis.7301)

in Thief

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

hmmm im of two minds, because they basically made thief a half -ssed monk, we will never get a monk, (and the way spec work, even if they made h2h it couldnt use the elite or utilities)
on the other hand a half -ssed monk/martialist is better than no martialist

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

Heal skill is pretty amazing too. 5,520 HP heals with 3 pulses? that’s our whole life back mates. It could be easily interrupted I guess.

Or it could be 5,520 in 3 pulses…

It’s also stationary/roots in place while channeling…

Withdraw still seems better since it doesn’t root/channel, evades, cleanses condies, and has less of a CD.

That heal better be 5,520 per pulse and not 5,520 over 3 pulses….

I’m still salty about a revamped acro line being sold as an “elite” line…

Does look pretty kitten powerful though….

Plus it does look like we won’t be locked into taking SB just for the sake of mobility…. (Though, maybe we won’t be able to leap up cliff/edges…)

Join the TEEFs!

(edited by Zero Day.2594)

in Thief

babazhook.6805

dagger builds look like they will really get a nice boost out of this and in particular condi daggers traiting DA DD and trickery. More poison can be laid on and that immob on impairing daggers is going to be huge when subjected to death blossoms.

These really have nice synergy with existing traitlines.

I really like the way they work high endurance into providing that heal benefit.

in Thief

Maugetarr.6823

I would like to see dust strike get a smoke field. The set only has 1 leap on it so the whole combo would be 10 initiative.

Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele

in Thief

babazhook.6805

Does anyone know what "Palm strike " is?

in Thief

Auesis.7301

This.

Attachments:

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Thief

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Testing the tooltips in-game (they definitely scale with your stats), the Staff autoattack is crazy weak. Not even half as strong as Sword autos and the final 4-hit skill doesn’t even total past a single Lotus Strike or Wild Strike. I expect that will be buffed after a BWE, at least to a Sword standard, or maybe the cast times can be increased plus a smaller damage boost. Speed can be somewhere between Dagger and Sword while damage (auto-only in both cases) can be somewhere between as well.

yeah not sure why the staff is weak, wont people just use sword/pistol? it is also 3 targets does more dmg, and has about the same defense with evade, and black powder

its not a cool down class, theres no reason to swap to staff for more defense cause your other set is on cooldown.

in Thief

babazhook.6805

This.

Oh thanks…that looks absolutely lovely..I wanna try this NOW
It does say all attacks must hit but that looks fun.

in Thief

Posted by: reinforever.8902

reinforever.8902

I second the notion of replacing sb with staff. probably what I will end up doing on my main thief (not the trap thief). That elite and impairing dagger though…. my god <3

in Thief

Maugetarr.6823

This

Jk, auesis is correct.

Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

yeah not sure why the staff is weak, wont people just use sword/pistol? it is also 3 targets does more dmg, and has about the same defense with evade, and black powder

its not a cool down class, theres no reason to swap to staff for more defense cause your other set is on cooldown.

I sense it could be a more offensive alternative to an SB – which as far as I’m aware, is typically used for it’s mobility and poison field (maybe a bit of cluster bomb…), though throws off the flow between just being in melee to having a ranged weapon (and maybe that’s why we didn’t get rifle :/ )…

Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Posted by: Slowmelt.8547

Slowmelt.8547

Look again—it has a lot of potential.
The first two strikes are relatively quick, and the third is 4 Vulnerability stacks and a Whirl finisher.
With Shadow Refuge, you can do a lot with the staff and many of these abilities.

in Thief

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

Looks awesome. It’s just getting better and better . Truely a slap in the face for the DH derv team.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

in Thief

WindGodGirl.6405

I get the feeling staff is intentionally weak so that it can be bumped up instead of down.

in Thief

Rain.9213

https://youtu.be/_CU0ZzJK1sc?t=1m20s

I really hope the Elite and Fist Flurry look somewhat similar to this

in Thief

Auesis.7301

Look again—it has a lot of potential.
The first two strikes are relatively quick, and the third is 4 Vulnerability stacks and a Whirl finisher.
With Shadow Refuge, you can do a lot with the staff and many of these abilities.

It’s not really quick at all, they hit as fast as Sword and the 3rd takes twice as long. What will close the gaps is what the aftercasts are like. Sword 1-3 has a pretty substantial aftercast.

I get the feeling staff is intentionally weak so that it can be bumped up instead of down.

This is what I’m hoping, too. The other skills have good damage and utility, I would guess that they didn’t want the Staff breaking faces with its auto right from the get-go, just to see how it fares.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

(edited by Auesis.7301)

in Thief

Posted by: Amante.8109

Amante.8109

Staff will require some testing, but other than that everything looks awesome. If they can combine this with some core trait revamps—supposedly a second round is coming around HoT, but who knows—then we might have something!

in Thief

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

The staff skills look like they could be fun to use; the set certainly has the "thief theme" as I perceive it, which is to have tools to deal with whatever gets thrown at it, but it does seem extremely weak in the damage department, and I’m sorry but I just can’t see thief being anything but a mobile damage dealer. I’m interested to see how the new trait line compares to acrobatics, because I’d like to at least try taking one of two of those new utility skills with my current/new S/D build.

If it’s to be a tanky, supporty monk-like character, the new trait line will need to be chock-full of overpowered supportive traits just to create the slightest chance of a viable support build in the meta.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

(edited by Impact.2780)

in Thief

Posted by: alchemyst.2165

alchemyst.2165

Wow.

This. Looks. Awesome.

They’re actually doing something good with thief…I…Tears were just shed.

Seriously anet, if this is real good kittening job with this. Looks awesome so far.

in Thief

Maugetarr.6823

Just realized the distracting dagger/brawler’s tenacity synergy. Mmm….. 40 endurance back.

While I’m disappointed that the Acrobatics line was made so dismal, I’m happy with acro 2.0.

Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele

in Thief

Posted by: philheat.3956

philheat.3956

Staff = bad
Healing = bad
Utility = cool
Elite = super cool

in Thief

Posted by: Lyger.5429

Lyger.5429

I can’t wait, I had my doubts but this looks sooooo sweet! Only down side is the only way to access stealth is to take a utility skill.

(edited by Lyger.5429)

in Thief

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

utility looks like another set of weapon skills, but i’m not complaining.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

in Thief

babazhook.6805

Trickster traited with escapists resolution means withdraw and RFI can remove up to 5 conditions.

RFI becomes even nicer. Stunbreak, condition removal ,gap opener and 6 INI.

(edited by babazhook.6805)

in Thief

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

The hype… it is real.

Attachments:

in Thief

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

will this be a PvE DPS spec?
PvP devensive spec?
something else?

in Thief

Rain.9213

will this be a PvE DPS spec?
PvP devensive spec?
something else?

To me, looks like its gonna have some pretty viability with PvE. Sword+Pistol/Staff with Fist Flurry and Distracting Daggers has a lot of good AOE cleave potential. Heal skill, last utility, and Elite can be changed depending on the situation.

#hype

in Thief

Posted by: sebradle.7034

sebradle.7034

Is this the thread where we are not raging like a bunch of two year olds? Traits and staff look really fun gonna be awesome.

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

Withdraw, in my mind, still trumps the new heal…

Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

babazhook.6805

This looks like a job for trappers runes. One trap and respite is all you would need.

Or trait SA and take hidden thief ,steal to target and hook.